Osteochondrosis is practically the most common spinal disease in the world. At the moment, almost every second inhabitant of our planet after the age of 35 is diagnosed with osteochondrosis of one form or another. Today we’ll talk about why blockade for osteochondrosis is needed, how the procedure is performed correctly.
It is worth noting that every year a disease such as osteochondrosis continues to grow younger – severe forms of the disease are diagnosed in young people under the age of 25 years. The prevalence of the disease is due to the fact that modern people lead a predominantly sedentary lifestyle and work at a sedentary job.
The disease is quite dangerous, it is extremely important to recognize the problem by the first bells and be able to deal with it.
Why osteochondrosis occurs
Osteochondrosis is one of the few diseases that is diagnosed only in humans due to the structural features of the spine and upright posture. Due to the fact that the spinal column is in an upright position, the vertebrae are constantly pressing against each other. Over time, the tissue between the bone and cartilage is depleted and deformed.
The spine begins in the upper torso in the cervical region. There are seven cervical vertebrae, which are separated by intervertebral discs. It is the cervical spine that is often prone to osteochondrosis due to the great mobility of the vertebrae.
Osteochondrosis can develop as a result of weak muscles and large vertebrae; another factor is insufficient blood supply to the cartilage in the cervical spine.
Degenerative changes in the bone-cartilage tissue is an inevitable process that is associated with the aging of the body. In this case, osteochondrosis can appear not only in older people, the problem is caused by various external and internal factors:
- Incorrect posture;
- Problems with curvature of the spine;
- Excess weight;
- Injury to the back or neck;
- Sedentary lifestyle and sedentary work;
- Excessive physical exertion;
- Improper posture during sleep;
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body;
- Infectious diseases and inflammatory processes;
- Indiv >
- Severe pain in the cervical region, extending to the shoulder girdle;
- Muscle weakness;
- Increased sweating;
- Numbness of the upper limbs;
- Dizziness with possible loss of consciousness;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Severe pain in the head.
These symptoms are typical for each stage of the disease and can be observed at any stage of the disease.
Basically, only a few symptoms from the list are fixed in patients. Sometimes people who first encounter the problem of osteochondrosis do not even suspect the presence of the disease and try to deal with the symptoms, thereby worsening the general condition of the body.
Blockade in osteochondrosis
Blockade – an injection performed by a medical specialist right at the place of pain. The procedure allows you to “turn off” one of the mechanisms of pain development and improve the general condition of the patient. Basically, the procedure is indicated for diseases of the back and spine. The blockade in osteochondrosis has not only a therapeutic purpose, but also a diagnostic one. So, it is an injection that allows you to identify what disease the patient’s pain is associated with.
An injection can only be performed by highly qualified medical specialists – surgeons or neurologists, special equipment and in a designated place. The blockade in osteochondrosis has several goals – it allows you to eliminate sharp and unbearable pain in the spine, relieves swelling, and normalizes blood circulation. The correct implementation of the blockade eliminates several mechanisms of the disease.
Among the contraindications to the procedure, the following can be distinguished:
General: indiv >
The effectiveness of spinal blockade in osteochondrosis will directly depend on the correctness of the procedure. As mentioned above, an injection can only be performed by a medical specialist, you should not try to do injections yourself at home (non-compliance with the implementation technique can result in serious health problems).
There are two mechanisms for the implementation of the blockade:
- Vagosympathetic blockade. The patient is laid on a couch on his back, a special roller is pinned under the neck. Depending on the location of the pain, which arm of the patient will be pulled down. In this case, the head turns in the opposite direction. The injection is performed into the sternocleidomastoid muscle, the needle must exactly fall into the area of intersection of the muscle with the vein.
- Paravertebral block. The patient is laid on his stomach, his head turns in the opposite direction from the blockade. The needle is inserted perpendicular to the skin. The complexity of the second method is that the needle should directly touch the damaged vertebra.
Basically, NSAID drugs, hormones, or novocaine are chosen as a medicine for blocking osteochondrosis. Novocain is injected into the body in order to temporarily freeze nerve fibers and relieve pain.
If the pain in the spine has passed during the blockade, be sure to contact a medical specialist to make a final diagnosis and to prescribe the correct treatment.
Blockade in osteochondrosis is distinguished by the following advantages:
- Instant effect due to the fact that drugs are injected directly into the blood (pain pills act with a certain delay, it takes time to resolve the drug);
- An injection is made directly to the site of inflammation: even if the patient has a severe stage of the disease and there are several problem areas, the drug acts in a directed manner and does not affect the entire body.
After the procedure, you can not turn your head too sharply. It is advisable to wear a special collar that will help fix the neck in the right position.
Remember that osteochondrosis is a disease that can result in serious complications. It is important to consult a doctor in a timely manner and not to self-medicate.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .