If a quarter of a century ago, joint pains bothered mainly elderly people, now representatives of young people – people whose age has barely reached the 35-40-year mark, have begun to suffer from this pathology. Most often, the localization of pain is the knees, elbows, shoulders and ankle. If the joints hurt, the causes of this condition are ambiguous and are due to the influence of various negative external factors on the body:
- infections are one of the popular causes of the development of the disease. Aching pain can occur both in one or in several areas of the cartilage joints of the bones;
- allergies and autoimmune health problems. In the body, specific forms of protein compounds are synthesized, which only exacerbates the general condition of a person. Sometimes joints throughout the body seem to hurt. This category of factors includes rheumatism, polyarthritis, osteoarthritis and other diseases that occur against the background of autoimmune reactions;
- violation of the activity of the endocrine glands;
- diseases of the nervous system;
- problems with blood vessels become the main cause of inflammation in the joints. Circulatory disturbance in the tissues worsens their nutrition and causes degenerative changes in their structure;
- injuries, mechanical damage, systematic excessive loads are also a factor provoking pathology;
- genetic predisposition to some forms of arthritis;
- excess weight gives extra load on the legs, and cartilage and tendons wear out faster;
- other causes associated with adverse working conditions or the environment, abuse of protein foods, metabolic disorders.
Usually these reasons explain the appearance of pain in a specific place in the body. Sometimes they spread throughout the body, causing great suffering to a person. Why all joints hurt at the same time, what it is connected with – such questions require clarification.
- infections occurring against a background of high temperature. For fever, aches in the whole body are characteristic, for example, with seasonal flu;
- inflammatory processes in the intestines of a specific nature;
- general intoxication;
- violation of blood formation;
- autoimmune diseases;
- exhausting workouts, too intense exercise;
- other joint diseases occurring in the acute stage (arthritis, arthrosis, rheumatism).
The causes of problems with cartilage, ligaments in most cases are inflammatory in nature. In second place are autoimmune processes, injuries. Less commonly, pain in the knees and elbows occurs due to intoxication.
Symptoms of Systemic Diseases
The main symptom of joint problems is pain. Its intensity, nature depend on a lot: it is a form of the pathology course (acute or chronic), localization of the inflammatory process, degree of damage to the bone compound.
In medicine, periarticular and polyarticular sources of pain that occur inside the joint are distinguished. The former arise in the structures surrounding the bone joint (bursa, ligaments, tendons). The second are the result of inflammatory processes, mechanical injuries, non-inflammatory disorders.
In addition to pain, other signs indicate problems:
- redness, swelling of soft tissues in the area of damage;
- claudication if leg bone joints are injured;
- impaired mobility in the problem area;
- general weakness, malaise.
When all joints of the body hurt, regardless of the cause, treatment is carried out on an outpatient basis. However, the presence of the following symptoms requires urgent consultation of a specialist, sometimes with hospitalization of the patient:
- severe redness of the area of the tendon damage;
- joint swelling;
- an increase in temperature in the area of inflammation;
- deformation, loss of functionality;
- stiffness, impaired mobility.
If after the initial consultation and following the doctor’s instructions, the pain persists for a week, the victim should be shown to the doctor again.
We recommend that you carefully watch the video:
Methods of diagnosis
Regardless of the nature of the discomfort (total or localized), in order to understand what to do if the joints are sore, a diagnostic examination is necessary.
The doctor will examine the patient, listen to his complaints, ask the necessary questions about the family history. Analysis of urine and blood is an integral part of the diagnosis. The patient will need to pass samples for general and special tests (biochemical, rheumatic tests, crops, etc.). If necessary, MRI, ultrasound, CT, x-ray can be prescribed.
If the patient has a history of somatic diseases, then the listed types of diagnostics may not give a clear answer why the joints throughout the body hurt. Then the doctor prescribes therapeutic therapy according to the results of the examination and corrects it already in the process itself, based on the reaction of the body.
Varieties of pathologies
When all joints of the body hurt, treatment depends on the cause of the problem. For example, if the aches are caused by infectious diseases, then therapy should be aimed at destroying the pathogen. With general intoxication of the body with aching sensations in the bones, it is necessary to get rid of toxins. There are more serious pathologies associated with joint pain.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Arthritis is characterized by an inflammatory process, which results in stagnation of lymph and blood inside the bone joints. Because of this, a person experiences a bursting sensation, and then the pain becomes more intense, unbearable. This type of disease has a variety of: rheumatoid, psoriatic, Reiter’s syndrome, gout.
Signs of arthritis: pain of varying degrees of intensity, stiffness in the articulation of the bones, swelling and redness of the skin in the affected area. If the disease is started, general weakness and fever are noted.
Arthritis can be diagnosed by a clinical blood test. The disease is characterized by an increase in white blood cell count, elevated ESR and the presence of c-reactive protein. If the diagnosis is confirmed, then in no case should you be treated by folk remedies yourself, since therapy requires constant monitoring.
Outwardly and symptomatically, it looks like arthritis, so lay people often confuse these diagnoses. Only a doctor will distinguish them after a thorough examination. Like the previous disease, bursitis can not be treated with alternative methods, since this therapy is ineffective.
Has a rheumatic nature, causes severe severe pain. General signs of pathology are similar to bursitis and arthritis, therefore, to make an accurate and correct diagnosis of the patient, they carefully examine it.
Even “neglected” joint problems can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
It is more common in people over 40 years old, it can affect one or two knees at once. The disease is insidious, since in the early stages it can proceed without characteristic symptoms. Pain sensations appear later, they are accompanied by a crunch during movement, stiffness of the joint after waking up, when the legs were at rest for a long time, stiffness when moving.
Causes of gonarthrosis: mechanical injuries, age-related changes in the structure of cartilage and tendons, tumor formations, and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system. With advanced forms, pain can occur even at night during sleep.
It is characterized by a destructive effect on the knee cartilage and tendons, as a result of which they are deformed. Pain occurs when walking even at insignificant distances, when lifting from a chair after prolonged sitting. At rest, they disappear. Diagnosis of arthrosis of the knee joint is performed by X-ray examination, arthroscopy, ultrasound examination of bone structures of the lower extremities.
If problems arise with the joints, then the treatment should be comprehensive: taking medications, physiotherapy, compresses, baths. With the ineffectiveness of conservative methods, surgical intervention is indicated.
If characteristic symptoms appear, then you should consult a doctor, and not self-medicate. Before finding out the cause of the joint pain, he needs to ensure peace, real estate. It is allowed to take any of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They act on damaged tissues, relieving inflammation and swelling, reduce pain.
The mentality of the average Russian is such that he does not go to the doctor for health problems, but seeks help from friends and acquaintances, which can significantly worsen his condition. What mistakes do people self-treating joint pain make:
- The use of ointments with a warming effect. Regardless of the nature of the pain (total or local), the use of such means is the wrong tactic. The main cause of the symptom is inflammation and swelling of the tissues. When using warming agents, blood vessels dilate, increase blood flow in a problem place, which aggravates the patient’s condition: edema and inflammation with thermal effects become even greater.
- The use of chondroprotectors as an independent therapy. Previously, these drugs were actively used in medicine. They include glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate – chemical compounds that restore cartilage and intercellular lubricant. But after the studies it was proved that the use of these drugs, as an independent therapeutic method, is ineffective and is suitable only for the initial stages of the disease or as a prophylaxis.
When the reason why all the joints of the body hurt is established, the treatment will be aimed at reducing discomfort, eliminating inflammation in the area of damage to bone structures, improving microcirculation and outflow of fluid. For this purpose, corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, ointments, gels are prescribed to the patient.
When treating joint diseases, it is necessary to observe a gentle regimen, not to load the damaged place. It is best to fix it stationary with elastic bandages or a plaster cast. If the cause of the pathology was trauma, then cold should be applied to the area of inflammation. This will help reduce swelling, inhibit inflammatory reactions in the affected tissues. But if the pain is caused by destructive changes in the cartilage and tendons, then it is impossible to influence the joint with cold.
If all joints of the body hurt, and the cause of the pain is associated with inflammation, tissue swelling, then the patient is prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Indomethacin are popular. Your doctor may prescribe these drugs in the form of tablets, ointments, or intramuscular injections. Their action is aimed at eliminating the focus of inflammation in the damaged area, reducing swelling of tissues, anesthesia.
NSAIDs cannot be used for a long time, as they can be addictive, discomfort in the stomach and intestines, inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, and the appearance of other adverse reactions.
The use of these agents gives a good therapeutic effect, if you approach the therapy wisely. If the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs does not provide the necessary analgesia, then in combination with them, the patient is prescribed muscle relaxants, antidepressants or anticonvulsants.
The appointment of chondroprotectors for pain in the articulation of the bones is quite effective in the initial stages of the disease. The maximum therapeutic effect is achieved with an integrated approach to the problem. The most common drugs of this group include Teraflex, Arthra, Don, Chondroitin sulfate and others. In diseases of large joints, local manipulations, injections with anti-inflammatory drugs can be successfully used. This type of treatment gives a quick, but rather long-lasting effect.
Selective inhibitors are a new generation of anesthetics. They quickly improve the patient’s condition associated with pain in the knees, elbows. But you can’t take them without the permission of the doctor, since they have negative side reactions of a cardiovascular nature. The least dangerous is Celebrex. To reduce discomfort, it is recommended to use Tylenol or Acetaminophen. The basis of these funds is ordinary paracetamol, which has an analgesic, antipyretic effect, but it has a bad effect on the liver.
With severe, prolonged pain in the joints, the causes of which are associated with tissue inflammation, when NSAIDs do not give the desired result, the patient needs stronger analgesics. It is impossible to get them without a special prescription from a doctor, as well as use them for too long. Uncontrolled use of opioid drugs causes addiction, drowsiness, problems with stool. Therefore, for patients experiencing severe pain and using such groups of drugs to alleviate the condition, specialist control is required.
When medications do not bring relief, all joints still hurt, and you don’t know what to do, the doctor prescribes physiotherapy. In combination with conservative treatment, they help restore mobility of the limbs, strengthen muscle and cartilage, and stabilize the functionality of the joint.
The most effective methods:
- ultrasound and electrical stimulation;
- cold and heat therapy;
- laser treatment.
With arthrosis, laser therapy is most often used. Under the influence of an infrared ray in the joint affected by the disease, blood circulation improves, tissue nutrition normalizes, the sensitivity of nerve endings decreases, and the inflammatory process is eliminated. You can carry out the procedure daily, the duration is 8-10 minutes. One course includes up to 15 sessions, depending on the severity of the pathology.
The essence of magnetotherapy is the impact on a sore spot with electromagnetic waves that localize cartilage, ligaments, and muscles. This helps to quickly get rid of the swelling of the inflammatory focus, to normalize the structure of cartilage joints.
If you need to improve nutrition and blood supply to damaged ligaments, cartilage, then ultrasound therapy will help. Thanks to this type of physiotherapy, the processes of metabolism and fluid outflow are accelerated in the tissues, regeneration proceeds faster, and cellular respiration increases. The course of therapy is 10-12 procedures that can be received daily, lasting 10 minutes.
If you know your diagnosis exactly, then the use of alternative medicine may be fully justified. You can fight pathology with the help of herbal decoctions, compresses, rubbing and baths. Suitable saline solutions, bay leaves, chestnuts, apple cider vinegar, kerosene, honey, other improvised ingredients.
In order to use the prescriptions of healers and healers in practice, it is necessary to coordinate them with the attending physician. He will assess the compatibility of “grandmother’s” methods with drugs, exclude the risks of complications and the effectiveness of folk remedies.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to treat it later. Preventive measures:
- Physical activity will allow muscles and tendons to always remain in good shape, normalize body weight, and avoid excessive loads on bone joints. If you add to this proper nutrition, rejection of bad habits, it is unlikely that pain in the knees will make itself felt.
- Strengthening immunity as part of the prevention of inflammation. Avoiding a sore throat or respiratory illness will reduce the risk of developing rheumatism or rheumatoid arthritis.
- With a genetic predisposition to degenerative changes in the structure of cartilage, it is necessary to regularly undergo routine examinations of specialists. This will identify the problem in the early stages and start treatment on time.
- It is important to monitor your diet so as not to gain excess weight. Every day you need to drink enough clean water so that the joint fluid can be renewed and interfere with the friction of the bone structures. If you carefully monitor your health, then there will be no problems with the joints.