Scoliosis is a deformation of the vertebral axis, which is often associated with sedentary work and an improper lifestyle. This can be a birth defect, as well as obtained during the development and growth of the body. Depending on the severity of the disease, the disease can cause a person a lot of pain, cause limited movement.
If the disease was diagnosed in a young man aged 18 to 25 years, it will be useful for him to find out whether he will be taken into the army with scoliosis. He can get an answer after passing the commission in the military enlistment office. However, there is another way to find out if they are enlisted in the army with a curved spine – to use information from the network.
How will the diagnosis be confirmed
Only after the inspection, the military commission can answer the conscript whether they will be taken into the army with scoliosis in his case.
To make a diagnosis or rule out an illness, the doctor must:
- Direct the draftee to an x-ray. You will need to take pictures in two positions – sitting and standing.
- He will listen to the young man and look at the available pictures, if necessary, send him for re-examination. Radiography should not exceed 6 months.
- Will send for orthopedist examination. Serious curvature of the spinal column can often be diagnosed visually, even without additional x-rays.
With scoliosis, they are taken into the army only if the disease is not neglected and does not prevent the young man from repaying his debt to his homeland.
The degree of scoliosis in which they do not take into the army
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Are they taking 1st degree scoliosis in the army? In the overwhelming majority of cases, such an ailment will not interfere with service, since there is only a small degree of curvature of the spinal column – up to 1-10 degrees from the norm. If nevertheless scoliosis of the 1st degree is detected, whether they are enlisted in the army, only a doctor can answer. If there is no violation of the function of the musculoskeletal system, then there are no reasons for a delay or complete release.
Sometimes the army allows you to get rid of the disease, since the conscript has to perform a set of physical exercises. After such “physiotherapy”, the body can quickly restore the correct position of the spine.
If scoliosis of the 2nd degree is delivered, will they be taken into the army? The angle of curvature in this case is already much larger than in the previous one — it reaches 11–25 degrees from the normal position. If s-shaped scoliosis of the 2nd degree is detected, are they enlisted in the army? This is a serious diagnosis, because there may already be disorders of the musculoskeletal system. If they are fixed, then the draftee will not have to serve. He will be assigned the category “B”, which implies fitness for military service, but with limitations. Often these young men are simply sent to the reserve.
Do they take 2 degrees into the army with scoliosis if there are no dysfunctions of the musculoskeletal system?
Such a conscript will have to go to the army. However, the young man will serve on special conditions. If doctors find right-sided scoliosis and asymmetry of the body, the young man will be sent for a second x-ray. It is for such a state that difficulties are encountered when standing in the same position. If the disease is not treated, it quickly develops into the third degree, for the treatment of which posture correctors and more serious interventions will be required.
To what extent are scoliosis not taken into the army?
It is in the third, since the angle of curvature already reaches 26-50 degrees, which negatively affects not only the musculoskeletal system, but also the condition of the lungs, heart, and vascular system.
Such conscripts are often not even sent for additional examinations, since they have a hump. The condition is quite serious, it is accompanied by severe pain and severe dysfunction of some internal organs.
When deciding with which scoliosis they are not enlisted, doctors immediately remove young people with a 4th degree of spinal curvature from serving. In this case, the curvature exceeds 50 degrees, which is noticeable without any research.
In this case, the young man has serious problems not only with the musculoskeletal system. He is diagnosed with serious breathing problems, the heart can move, swelling appears, and severe pains torment him.
Such young people are immediately assigned the category “D”.
Often, friction arises between the conscript and the representatives of the draft board. They relate to controversial issues when it remains to be decided with what degree of scoliosis they are not enlisted in the army. Often, a military medical board recognizes young men with a first or second degree of scoliosis with a certain degree of curvature of the spinal column as fit for service. It is such cases that may require re-examination, when x-rays will be taken in different positions.
To prove that in a specific case scoliosis of the 1st degree and the army are incompatible, since there are violations of the musculoskeletal system, it follows:
- Make a statement. It is necessary to write it in two copies at once, one of which is endorsed by the secretariat indicating the incoming number, date, and the receiving person (last name and signature).
- Attach all your medical certificates and x-rays taken in two positions to the application.
- Originals to keep. They should not be attached, just make copies. Original photographs must be kept by the draftee until the end of the re-examination.
If the conscript is denied re-examination, he has the right to submit documents to the court and prove that with this scoliosis of the 1st degree, the fitness category should be limited. It is important to remember that the conscript has every reason not to take repeated pictures, but to demand an opinion on the basis of the available ones – those made over the past 6 months.
If military service is necessary
Sometimes a draftee needs to do military service, but the medical board does not allow him to do this, because he does not recognize the young man as healthy. This situation, which can also be resolved in court. To win the case, you need to collect documents that refute the presence of the disease. However, it is worth remembering that the army involves serious daily stresses that can negatively affect the condition of the spine, and sometimes even cause disability.
Why with scoliosis may not be allowed to serve
Often, scoliosis and the army are incompatible concepts. This state of affairs is connected with the fact that, in the presence of a certain degree of the disease, the conscript:
- Will not be able to be in a single position for a long time;
- She will not be able to correctly perform complex exercises, including not reaching the standards;
- Fails to take part in many games and competitions;
- Will experience severe pain during the performance of tasks;
- Will not be able to run, as well as sharply turn, bend, perform turns and turns;
- Will be suspended from performing exercises associated with vertical load on the spine;
- Will not be able to carry loads in one hand or distribute the load correctly.
After examining the list of restrictions and recommendations, doctors can come to the logical conclusion that scoliosis and the army may not be compatible. However, this state of affairs is true for scoliosis of the 2nd degree, the army in this case can be excluded. Often the first stage does not become a contraindication for military service.
Release or deferral
If scoliosis is detected, are they enlisted, released, or completely excluded from service? This will depend on the angle and nature of the curvature of the spinal column. Based on the research data obtained, the recruit will be assigned a fitness category:
- “A” are healthy young men. In the past, he might have been diagnosed with scoliosis, but by the time he began to serve, he had been completely removed.
- “B” – this may include young people who are diagnosed with scoliosis, but the degree of the disease should be negligible. A characteristic feature – the curvature of the spine should not be noticeable. Often, diseases of the first degree do not have any restrictions on appeal. Among the exceptions, only those cases when there is a dysfunction of the musculoskeletal system.
- “B” – this category makes it possible to obtain a respite, but the degree of curvature of the spinal column in scoliosis should exceed 11 degrees. A deferment will be given for the rehabilitation course, after which the young man will be able to fully recover.
- “G” is a category that involves the granting of a delay, but for a short period of time – only six months. After the specified time, the draftee will again have to appear at the military registration and enlistment office to undergo a medical examination. This category is rarely assigned to those who have significant disorders of the musculoskeletal system.
- “D” – a category of draftees not admitted to military service. Such people are allowed to be drafted into the army only in wartime.
A serious form of the disease is an absolute indication for assigning a category “D” to a conscript. However, not always even the second degree of curvature of the spine is recognized as a complex case.