Unobtrusive shoulder pain is not as harmless as it might seem at first glance. Perhaps this is the initial stage of a serious illness that requires immediate action. We will consider it in detail in this article, the theme of which is polyarthritis of the shoulder joint: symptoms and treatment.
Description of the disease
Arthritis is called inflammation in the joint. It leads to the destruction of the cartilage and the lining of the joint surface of the synovial membrane, then the ligaments and tendons. Accordingly, brachial arthritis is an inflammatory process in the joint of the shoulder. The prefix “poly” means that the disease affects both shoulder joints, but not necessarily at the same time.
Pathology can develop sequentially, first from one side, then from the other side. As a result of tissue destruction, joint mobility is limited; in the absence of treatment, the disease leads to disability.
Polyarthritis of the shoulder joint is more common in people older than 40 years, but is possible at any age. There are 4 stages of the disease:
- Simple brachial arthritis. It is characterized by mild pain in the shoulders, especially when doing hands actions that require effort.
- Acute humeroscapular. Severe pain, especially when trying to raise a hand upset.
- Chronic shoulder-shoulder. Acute polyarthritis flows into the chronic stage if untreated. The pains weaken, but become constant or regular, often leading to sleep disturbance.
- Shoulder capsulitis (“frozen shoulder”). Some parts of the joint capsule stick together, so that the latter loses mobility.
The inflammatory process ends with the fusion of tissue residues, which leads to the loss of joint mobility.
Causes of brachial arthritis
Depending on the cause, the disease is classified as follows:
Rheumato >In addition, brachial arthritis can cause:
- Excessive stress. This is especially true for athletes, but an ordinary person can suffer, taking up the heat in an unusually hard work.
- Intervertebral hernia in the cervical spine. It leads to pinching of the nerves innervating the joints, resulting in inflammation in the latter due to a lack of blood supply and other disorders.
- Amputation of a mammary gland due to a cancer developing in it. Changes the scheme of blood circulation in the shoulder so that it enters the joint in a smaller volume. Lack of blood supply provokes inflammation.
- Myocardial infarction. In this case, the blood supply to the joint is limited due to vasospasm.
Shoulder polyarthritis: symptoms and treatment
The disease is accompanied by such phenomena:
- The pain in the joint growing over time with a gradual restriction of its mobility, at first the discomfort is almost imperceptible, but soon the patient, due to severe pain, can no longer raise his arm or put it behind his back;
- Crunch in the joint during motor activity;
- Swelling, redness;
- Temperature increase;
- Decrease in the general tone, fast fatigue.
Depending on the localization of pain, these types of polyarthritis are distinguished:
- Shoulder-shoulder: shoulder hurt from behind;
- Acromioclavicular: pain in front;
Shoulder polyarthritis is diagnosed by conventional methods:
- Anamnesis (patient survey regarding symptoms);
- Palpation (palpation of a sore spot with fingers);
- X-ray examination;
- Ultrasound diagnostics.
The absence of complex special techniques should not be misleading: the patient is not able to independently detect polyarthritis, and even more so choose a course of treatment. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible.
Treatment usually includes:
- With secondary polyarthritis: therapy to cure a major infection – colitis, cystitis, etc.
- Taking universal antibiotics and non-stero />
- With a lack of blood supply: taking vascular drugs.
- Reception of chondroprotectors. These drugs activate the process of restoration of cartilage.
- In complex cases: injection of hormones of the corticosteroid group into the joint (block) or intramuscularly.
- Reception of analgesics (for removal of a pain syndrome).
- Perform special exercises to improve blood circulation and develop mobility. Gymnastics is prescribed after removing the inflammation. Loads are contraindicated – only motor activity.
- Surgical intervention.
The latter method is resorted to in advanced cases or when other treatments are ineffective.
The following types of operations are performed:
- Shoulder resection;
- Arthroscopy: involves performing two small incisions;
- Endoprosthetics: replacement of a joint with a prosthesis.
A beneficial effect on the healing process is exerted by a physiotherapeutic effect:
- Mineral and mud baths;
- Laser therapy;
- Ultrasound treatment;
- Phonophoresis (ultrasound + drug exposure): in this case, hydrocortisone is used.
Physiotherapy methods enhance the circulation of blood and lymph in the joint and thereby eliminate stagnation.
Lifestyle & Diet
To accelerate recovery, the patient must ensure comfortable conditions and eliminate harmful factors. Dampness, cold, alcohol and nicotine, loads on sore joints are contraindicated.
A complete diet is important. It should primarily include sources of protein and foods rich in calcium, vitamins and fiber. These include:
- Fish and other seafood;
- Beef and pork, poultry;
- Dairy products, especially concentrated: cottage cheese and cheese;
- Nuts, pumpkin and sunflower seeds;
- Fruits, vegetables, greens;
- Ground eggshell (rich in calcium).
Fatty and spicy dishes, sweets and pastries should be discarded.
Together with pharmacological preparations, it is useful to use the following agents from a “natural first-aid kit”:
Cabbage leaf and honey. The sheet is rolled with a rolling pin (to let the juice run) and smeared with honey, then applied to the sore joint. Polyethylene and something warm are applied on top, for example, a scarf (compress). The dressing is changed every two hours. It effectively relieves swelling, soothes pain.
Burdock leaf is also applied. It is rolled with a rolling pin until juice appears and imposed on the joint, wrapping a warm scarf on top. Remove the bandage after a few hours.
Use the root of the plant. It is crushed and in the amount of 1 tbsp. spoons fall asleep in a bottle. There are placed 3 crushed pods of hot pepper with lilac flowers (3 tbsp. Tablespoons) and then pour alcohol in a volume of 0,5 l. After surviving the grinding for 5 days in a dark place, it is rubbed into the joint twice a day.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .