The main active component of the drug is etoricoxib. Reaching the lesion, softens the inflammation and makes it less pronounced. This effect is due to the fact that the drug makes the vessels more durable and reduces their permeability. In addition, the inflammatory process is not provided with energy, and biological substances that trigger inflammation are released in smaller quantities.
The tool reduces the production of bradykinin – a substance that dilates blood vessels and activates pain. Due to this, the pain syndrome, which often manifests itself during diseases of the musculoskeletal system, becomes much weaker or disappears completely.
Additional effect etoricoxib – a decrease in temperature. The component acts directly on the centers of thermoregulation in the human body. This leads to a decrease in their excitability, resulting in a decrease in heat.
In addition to the main component, the composition of the drug is represented by a number of excipients:
Carmellose. It is a substance that absorbs water and liqu >
Etoricoxib enters the pharmacy shelves in the form of tablets, which are coated with a film coating. The weight of the tablets is 90 or 120 mg.
Indications for use
The main scope of etoricoxib is the removal of pain in diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The drug is prescribed for a number of diseases:
- Osteoarthrosis. Degenerative changes in cartilage and articular tissue leading to bone destruction.
- Pain after tooth extraction or other dental procedures.
- Gout and severe inflammation amid this disease.
- Autoimmune diseases (for example, lupus erythematosus, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and the associated pain syndrome).
The drug is often prescribed for osteochondrosis, arthrosis and arthritis to relieve pain and other manifestations of the disease.
Contraindications for use
Etoricoxib is a powerful anti-inflammatory drug that has a quick and reliable effect. However, tablets pass through the entire body, affect internal organs, and can seriously harm some patients. The drug is contraindicated in a number of cases:
- Intolerance to non-stero />coronary artery bypass grafting less than 1–2 months ago;
- Constant increase in blood pressure (indicators are constantly kept within 140/90 mm and can rise higher);
- Carrying a child (at any time) and feeding newborns and infants;
- The presence of diabetes;
- Children’s age (up to 16 years);
- Dependence of the body on alcohol and tobacco products.
In addition to a number of contraindications, doctors identify a number of limitations in which the drug can be taken only after prior coordination with a specialist.
This includes a history of an ulcer (patient’s medical history), infection with helicobacter microorganisms, frequent use of alcoholic beverages, prolonged use of other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, high blood pressure, frequent fluid retention in the body, anticoagulant and antiplatelet therapy (drugs to normalize blood coagulation).
How to take etoricoxib
The drug is taken 1 time per day at a dose of 60 or 120 mg.
Despite the rapid relief of pain and inflammation, Etoricoxib is a toxic drug that is recommended for use in treating exceptionally short courses. Long-term treatment with the drug leads to one-time side effects and severe malfunctions in the body. The use of etoricoxib often leads to the development of side effects. These include the following violations:
- Pathological changes in the functioning of the senses and nervous system. Patients complain that against the background of admission, they develop headache and general weakness, and in some cases dizziness is possible. Sensory impairment is manifested by a complete decrease in any sensations. Also, the patient may more acutely feel pain, cold, heat and other external irritants. Failure of the nervous system manifests itself in the form of a depressed state and increased anxiety. Visual perception is impaired – the image in front of the eyes becomes blurry. Perhaps the addition of infection and the development of conjunctivitis, in which the mucous membrane of the eye becomes inflamed. In some patients, tinnitus, consciousness becomes cloudy and confused. In rare cases (less than 0,01% of patients) hallucinations occur (most often this is a consequence of an overdose and neurological disorders that appeared on this background).
- Cardiovascular failure systems and blood formation. In 10% of patients, an increase in blood pressure develops and tachycardia appears (an increase in heart rate). In some cases, cardiac fibrillation is observed. This is a condition in which the muscle fibers of the heart contract chaotically and uncoordinatedly, because of which the organ works inefficiently and wears out quickly. One percent of patients suffer from disorders of bone circulation, a decrease in platelet and white blood cell counts. Against the background of prolonged use of the drug, heart failure develops, which over time can lead to a heart attack.
- Disorders in the work of the respiratory system, which are manifested by cough, infection of the upper respiratory tract, bronchospasm and nosebleeds.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders (gastrointestinal tract). This is the most common s >
The most dangerous reactions are observed if the patient has intolerance to the components of the drug. In this case, severe reactions may occur: angioedema and anaphylactic shock. The latter is a serious condition that threatens the patient’s life. If hospitalization was not carried out within 10-60 minutes, anaphylactic shock can lead to death.
Cost, storage conditions and analogues
The cost of Etoricoxib is from 500 rubles. In the package with the drug is up to 7 tablets weighing 60 or 120 mg. The product is sold by prescription from your doctor. The product is recommended to be stored at a temperature not exceeding 25-30 degrees, in a dry place, protected from children and sunlight.
Etoricoxib is a fairly toxic drug, the long-term use of which can seriously undermine the patient’s health. Together with it, it is recommended to use antacid preparations that protect the gastric mucosa. To reduce the number of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, drugs from the group of muscle relaxants, analgesics and antidepressants are prescribed.
To reduce the number of side effects, doctors recommend the use of painkillers in the form of injections, but this can only be done in a medical facility.
The analogue of Etoricoxib is Arkoxia, the cost of which ranges from 388 to 678 rubles.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .