If the bursa of the knee joint is damaged, the treatment is always complex, including the use of medications, physiotherapy, and the use of external drugs. The main goal of therapy is to alleviate symptoms and influence the cause of the inflammatory reaction.
The choice of drugs depends on the cause of the disease, the presence of pathogenic flora, the depth of damage and the presence of concomitant pathologies of the musculoskeletal system. Treatment always begins with the immobilization of the knee joint – fixation devices are put on the limb – dressings, orthoses, bandages, bursoprotectors.
Depending on the symptoms, several drugs of different groups are prescribed:
- To relieve a pain symptom and eliminate signs of inflammation, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are shown – Ibuprofen, Nimesulide, Diclofenac, Voltaren. Perhaps the use of tablet forms, solutions for injection or external funds.
- Broad-spectrum antibacterial drugs are indicated for the detection of an infectious process in the bursa. The medicine is administered both in the joint bag and intramuscularly. Cephalosporins are usually preferred – cefoxitin, ceftriaxone. Antibiotics can also be prescribed after microbiological studies with the determination of the sensitivity of the pathogen to a group of antibacterial agents.
- In case of traumatic damage to the knee, blockade is possible – painkillers are injected into the periarticular tissues to help relieve acute pain. They are selected individually.
- In the absence of infection, steroid medications can be prescribed to relieve pain and eliminate inflammation as soon as possible. Hydrocortisone or prednisolone is injected into the periarticular tissues three times.
- To relieve muscle spasms and blood vessels, muscle relaxants are used in tablets, for example, Baclofen.
After eliminating the acute symptoms of inflammation, the patient is shown physiotherapy. Several methods are effective in the treatment of prepartellar bursitis:
- UHF – due to the heating of soft tissues, the vessels expand and blood supply improves, thereby the regeneration process is faster.
- Ultrasonic exposure – is used for chronic forms of bursitis. Ultrasonic waves accelerate the metabolic processes in the bone and cartilage tissue, the permeability of the vascular wall increases.
- Shock-wave action – waves of low and medium range affect damaged tissues, eliminating chronic inflammation and improving blood flow.
Prepatellar bursitis can be treated with alternative methods, combining them with traditional therapy. With their help, it is possible to weaken pain, relieve swelling, improve blood circulation to tissues.
With bursitis of the knee, the following methods are most effective:
- Coniferous bath – a three-liter jar is filled to the middle with needles and cones of a young pine. Plants are poured with boiling water to the brim and left to infuse for a couple of hours. Then the broth is boiled for half an hour and again insisted for 12 hours. Ready concentrated product is added to the bath with water and lie in it for 20 minutes.
- Fresh cabbage leaves are kneaded until juice is extracted from them and applied to the sore knee, fixed with a bandage. To enhance the effect, you can cover the limb with a warm cloth. Sheets need to be replaced every 4 hours.
- Compresses from burdock root – 2 tablespoons of a dry plant is poured with a liter of water and boiled for 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and let stand for 20 minutes. The product is cooled, moistened with gauze and applied to the joint. The compress is held for 2 hours, in addition, the leg is covered with a warm cloth to enhance the effect.
An extreme measure for the treatment of prepatellar bursitis is surgery. It is carried out only with the ineffectiveness of various conservative measures. One of the options for surgery is puncture, during which the contents of the bursa are aspirated with a special syringe and antibacterial or steroid preparations are introduced into the cavity. Using this procedure, it is possible to suspend the inflammation, and intra-articular administration of drugs gives a greater effect than oral administration.
In the absence of positive dynamics after a puncture, they resort to at least a complete excision of the bag. In this case, the patient will need longer time for rehabilitation after surgery.
Purulent infectious bursitis can be complicated by such serious pathologies as osteomyelitis, arthritis, sepsis and fistula.
There is no specific prophylaxis of the disease. In the presence of predisposing factors, the development of prepatellar bursitis can be prevented by limiting excessive physical activity, using special knee pads or fixatives when playing sports. An equally important measure is the timely detection and treatment of traumatic injuries of the knee joint.
Prepatellar bursitis is a treatable disease, but a positive effect can be achieved only with timely diagnosis and timely initiation of therapy. It is important to conduct the course of treatment to the end to prevent the transition of the disease into a chronic form.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency. But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of this medication.