Periarthritis of the shoulder joint is of three types:
- Simple form. The disease is manifested by pain in the shoulder, which intensifies after hand movements. The limitation of mobility is that a person cannot put his hand behind his back or raise it up. Difficult rotation in the shoulder joint. This form of scapular-shoulder periarthritis lasts 2-4 weeks, without treatment goes into the stage of exacerbation.
- Acute. This is the next stage in the development of the disease. Manifestations are more pronounced – severe and sharp pain in the shoulder area, which gives to the arm or neck. Pain sensations increase at night, there are problems with sleep. Subfebrile body temperature may increase and the area of the shoulder joint swell.
- Chronic Appears against a background of not cured acute form. Signs – aching, moderate pain in the shoulder, increased pain at night or after rotation of the arm.
In chronic scapular-brachial periarthritis, the symptomatology may not subside for several months or years.
Depending on the number of affected joints, periarthrosis happens:
- Two way. The shoulder joints on the right and left are affected. This form is rare.
- One way. It is divided into left-sided and right-sided shoulder-scapular periarthritis. The latter form is often caused by injuries, degenerative processes or pathologies of the liver. Left-side humeroscapular periarthritis occurs against a background of myocardial infarction. It is difficult for the patient to have his left hand behind his head, painful sensations arise.
What kind of doctor treats the shoulder-shoulder periarthritis?
In case of shoulder-shoulder periarthritis, it is worth visiting a rheumatologist or orthopedist. You may also need the help of a neurologist or surgeon. Post-traumatic periarthritis is treated by a traumatologist.
The diagnosis of periarthritis of the shoulder joint is made on the basis of patient complaints, palpation and instrumental examination:
X-rays are most informative in advanced cases. At the initial stage, it is better to have an MRI of the shoulder joint or cervical spine.
X-rays should also be used for trauma or chronic disease.
Treatment of periarthritis of the shoulder joint should begin as soon as possible, as soon as the first symptoms appear. First of all, you need to eliminate the cause of the disease.
If the disease arose against a background of myocardial infarction, then it is worth taking medications to normalize blood circulation.
Medication for brachiocephalic periarthritis:
- NSAIDs. Means remove the manifestations of the inflammatory process, reduce swelling and pain. This is Nimesulide, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen. The drugs are available in the form of tablets, solutions for injection, ointments and gels. The form must be selected by the attending physician.
- Steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (hormones). This is Diprospan, Metipred. They are prescribed if NSAIDs are not effective.
- Anesthetics. To reduce pain, intra-articular blockade of Novocaine or Lidocaine is done.
The doctor also prescribes ointments, creams and gels, which have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. The duration of therapy is 1-1,5 months.
Simultaneously with ointments, it is worth doing Dimexidum compresses. This will increase the effectiveness of the treatment of shoulder-shoulder periarthritis.
With periarthritis, physiotherapeutic procedures are used, but only simultaneously with drugs. Laser therapy, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, diadynamic currents, ultrasound, acupuncture and mud therapy are prescribed.
Exercise therapy also has a positive effect on the shoulder-shoulder periarthritis. A set of exercises is selected by a doctor. The methods of Popov or Bubnovsky are applied.
The most important exercise therapy in the treatment of traumatic periarthritis. The effect is visible after a month of classes.
Diet for this disease does not exist, but you need to eat properly. Cook or steam. Fried, fatty and spicy foods should be discarded.
Periarthritis of the shoulder joint without treatment leads to the following consequences:
- osteoporosis of the humerus;
- spondylosis of the cervical spine;
- impaired motor activity of the hand, hand or fingers;
A serious complication is ankylosing periarthrosis (“frozen shoulder” syndrome). It is diagnosed in 30% of patients. The disease is accompanied by limited mobility. A person cannot raise his arm up or above shoulder level, rotate it around the articular joint. The bones of the joint are fused, so the shoulder becomes motionless.
To prevent the onset of the disease, it is necessary to reduce the load on the shoulder joint, avoid hypothermia and injuries. It is necessary to treat spinal diseases on time.
When injuring the shoulder, an X-ray should be taken. The prognosis is favorable if you do not start the disease.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .