Osteoarthritis of the knee is a complex, unpleasant and very painful disease that can affect people of any age. For the treatment of gonarthrosis, not only medications, ointments of various pharmacological groups and physiotherapeutic procedures are used. Massage with arthrosis of the knee joint is recommended at any stage of the development of pathology.
What is massage for arthrosis for?
The presented procedure is carried out in order to:
- Relieve muscle tension and relieve knee pain arising from arthrosis.
- To relax and slightly stretch the muscles that are located around the affected joint.
- Eliminate seals that appear in the tissues.
- Restore normal knee mobility, which is impaired due to the development of arthrosis.
- Improve the process of joint restoration.
- Eliminate all toxic substances that provoke inflammation in the knee.
- Stimulate blood circulation and increase lymph outflow.
Any knee massage with deforming arthrosis can be performed at home. To do this, you can just watch the practical video. However, it is better to contact a specialist who will show how to do the movements correctly and explain all contraindications.
Types of massage
With deforming arthrosis of the knee, you can perform the following massage:
Shiatsu (Japanese). This is an acupressure, which prov >
First, the range of movements of the chiropractor is small. Over time, it can be increased if it does not cause discomfort. But arthrosis is a complex disease that can periodically worsen.
What contraindications exist?
If you need to undergo a course of manual therapy at home, you must always take into account all contraindications to the procedure. Massage with deforming arthrosis of the knee can not be done if:
- the patient has bleeding;
- the acute stage of inflammation has not yet ended;
- develops vascular thrombosis;
- a person has a fever and fever.
You should not conduct a session if the patient feels severe pain or discomfort.
The classical scheme of the procedure and its features
A regular massage session consists of several stages:
Even “neglected” joint problems can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
- To begin with, the lower part of the spine is processed.
- Now you need to stretch the femoral muscles on the leg on which the knee is affected. 3-4 stroking-squeezing movements are enough.
- Last of all, hip relaxation is done with shaking movements and kneading.
- circular stroking movements on both sides of the affected joint;
- articulation grinding;
- quick thigh massage;
- flexion and extension of the joint (very careful);
- rotation of the lower leg;
- thigh massage;
- rubbing the knee only with your fingertips.
Conclusion: here only stroking and shaking the joint is already performed.
As for the features, the patient should knead the sore foot very carefully, and only on the back side. Direct targeted exposure to the knee is not permitted.
Back massage is necessary to improve metabolism in the body, normalize blood circulation, which is disturbed by arthrosis. The movements in this case should be smooth and soft. Most often, only the fingertips are involved.
Important! An inexperienced person is better not to do such a procedure on their own, so as not to harm even more.
The effectiveness of massage using honey
Treatment at home always involves the use of folk remedies. The most useful of these is honey. It can be used internally, as well as used for grinding.
If this tool must be used for massage, then the procedure will occur as follows:
- To begin with, the joint should be steamed well. To do this, you can go to the bathhouse, hold the limb in a hot bath or apply a heating pad to the affected area for 15-20 minutes.
- 1 tbsp. l Melt the honey in a water bath until liqu >
As already mentioned, massage is an effective way to get rid of pain and restore the functionality of the knee joint with deforming arthrosis. However, an experienced specialist should do it. Self-massage is also allowed, however, it must be done already competently. If the specialist’s movements cause pain or discomfort, one should not be afraid to say so. Perhaps it is simply necessary to reduce the intensity of the physical impact. Be healthy!
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .