A disease such as osteochondrosis is fraught with dangerous consequences, which is why with this diagnosis it is so important to adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician and fulfill all his requirements. It is known that many people of various professions suffer from osteochondrosis, so those who are of working age are worried about the question: “Do they give sick leave with this ailment?”
I must say that this disease is the prerogative of a neurologist, it is the patient who gets to him if signs of the disease are detected. Indeed, getting sick leave in the presence of osteochondrosis is possible, and even necessary, since working with all the symptoms of the disease means aggravating the disease and provoking complications.
Possible duration of sick leave
Of course, this question will remain unanswered until the patient visits the neuropathologist’s office, where a full examination will be performed and the stage of the disease will be revealed.
However, the number of days allowed for treatment will depend on the indicators of diagnostic measures:
- The doctor will find out how pain is manifested, what is the degree of limited movement in the patient;
- Necessarily will be asked about the working conditions of the patient, its specific features, perhaps questions will arise regarding the length of the working day and the rest regimen;
- The duration of the sick leave also depends on the duration of treatment required to restore health.
The patient may be on sick leave for different periods of time, here are a few examples:
- If a diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis is made, the number of sick days depends entirely on the location of the pathology and the degree of damage to the bone structures or vertebrae. On average, a patient may not go to work from three to seven days. If a serious form of the disease, such as radicular syndrome, is diagnosed, then the sick leave may be delayed for three weeks. With periarthritis, the newsletter will last up to seven months.
- Osteochondrosis of the chest in an aggravated form should be treated for at least 18 days, for this period and permission will be issued for treatment in a hospital or at home.
- A fairly common phenomenon is osteochondrosis of the lumbar. For its treatment, it will take an average of up to seven days, but here everything depends on the well-being of the patient, the severity of pain. Often, with advanced stages of the disease, a person is prescribed treatment in a hospital, as there is no proper condition for a full recovery at home. Often after such a therapeutic course and recovery period, the patient is urged to change work for a lighter option.
- There are cases when the disease requires surgical intervention. In this case, the operated patient receives a sick leave for treatment and rehabilitation. The degree of complexity of the disease and surgery dictates the duration of the sick leave.
Osteochondrosis is not terrible in pain or limited movement, although these negative phenomena certainly also play an important role, the disease is scary because it causes complications. Dystrophic pathologies that occur in articular cartilage, often provoke even more serious consequences, threatening partial disability or complete disability.
You can not delay the treatment of this disease, which does not go away by itself, and even more destroys joints and bones, cartilage and soft tissues. With severe pain caused by the inflammatory process, the patient is treated under stationary conditions for a rather long period. In a neglected state, the disease is accompanied by strong, persistent pain. After 3-4 months, after a full course of treatment therapy, there should be progress in a positive direction, if not observed, the patient’s condition is equated with the inability to work and he is recommended to undergo measures for disability. Although this “epic” is sometimes fraught with many difficulties and red tape, this is all that remains for a person if the treatment does not have a permanent and lasting effect. Change of work, leaving a full active life – these are the sad consequences of a degenerative – dystrophic process called osteoporosis.
In the presence of complications caused by lumbar osteochondrosis, the sick leave can be extended from 7 days to one month. If the disease has passed into the stage of a chronic illness, disability is recommended in rare cases.
This disease often becomes the property of very young people. In many ways, its appearance is associated with difficult working conditions, hypothermia, malnutrition or congenital ailments. This is a type of vertebrogenic disease leading to various types of disability. A chronic form of the disease can cause a temporary or persistent inability to work.
Young people rarely use sick leave in order to “nullify” the disease, ignore the advice of doctors and continue to lead their previous lifestyle. This behavior leads to a mass of problems related to the skeletal system and joints at a more mature age.
Unfavorable working conditions, bad habits, poor nutrition, excessive loads on the spine, a sedentary lifestyle – this set of modern factors can disable the most stable and healthy organism.
Problems and their occurrence
Our vertebrae, cartilage, ligaments are constantly experiencing stress. This is especially true for people whose work involves carrying or lifting weights. This also includes workers who are constantly sitting at the computer, the so-called “office plankton”. Improper posture, scoliosis, destruction of the intervertebral discs caused by lack of mobility, all this is the beginning of the development of osteochondrosis, which sooner or later leads to painful symptoms and limited movement.
The lumbar region of the spine, our main shaft, is gradually immobilized, stiffens, sharp pains appear during movement. The range of motion narrows significantly, a person becomes unable to reach the toes of his own legs. Side effects begin to develop, the disease is transmitted to the legs, arms, fingers. If you do not pay attention to the “first bells” that the body gives at an early stage of pathology, you can easily reach disability.
In order not to bring the disease to the limit point, it is necessary to consult a doctor in a timely manner. There are many ways to relieve pain. With exacerbations during limited mobility, blockade is usually done through medications. They relieve spasms, their input is carried out directly into muscle tissue.
Chondroprotectors are widely used in the recovery period, and as a preventive measure. They successfully restore cartilage, but the recovery period is quite long, from six months to a year.
It is recommended for osteochondrosis to eat products containing gelatin, to do special exercises, to maximize unload the spine for the duration of disability, to use acupuncture, manual recovery methods.
The horizontal bar serves as an excellent preventive measure to eliminate any hints of cervical osteochondrosis. It is enough to hang on it a few minutes a day.
In general, an active lifestyle, of course, without fanaticism, is the best cure for all diseases associated with the musculoskeletal system.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .