With trochanteritis, inflammation of the femin tendons occurs, bone tissue and the synovial bag of the hip joint are directly inflamed.
The defeat of the greater trochanter of the femur can be bilateral, but more often diagnosed with inflammation of the right or left thigh. The main symptom of trochanteritis is pain during walking, running or physical exertion. More often, the pain subsides at rest, but they can resume when lying on one side. Under the pressure of the body, the pain intensifies, can give to the groin area.
In addition to pain, in most cases there are no other signs. Mobility saved.
Depending on the etiology of the origin, trocharteritis of the hip joint can be:
- Aseptic. This variety is the most common. Inflammation is of non-infectious origin. Aseptic trocharteritis occurs due to overload of the articular joint, injuries in the thigh, osteoporosis, obesity, metabolic disorders, endocrine and other chronic diseases.
- Septic (infectious). Its appearance is provoked by viruses and bacteria that enter the periarticular tissues with blood or through open wounds. Often the causative agent becomes staphylococcus. The likelihood of abscesses is high, body temperature rises.
- Tuberculous. This kind of disease is rare, only in patients infected with tubercle bacillus. Not uncommon in children. At the site of the lesion there is a site of hyperemia and swelling.
The specificity of the manifestations of bursitis of the hip joint also depends on the nature of the course of the disease. Acute trocharteritis is manifested by severe pain syndrome. The pain occurs suddenly, but it is tolerable. With an increase in the inflammatory process and suppuration, the pain is strong. The pain intensifies with pressure on the thigh. Body temperature may increase.
In chronic hip trochanteritis, the symptoms are mild. Body temperature does not rise. Pain during walking and physical exertion is not as pronounced as in the acute stage, but the patient is disturbed by night pain.
Chronic bursitis of the trochanteric spine is manifested by moderate, but constant pain, the acute form is periodic.
Who treats trochanteritis?
Diagnostics and treatment of bursitis of the greater trochanter is performed by an orthopedic traumatologist.
Diagnosis is difficult because, apart from pain, there are no other complaints. First of all, hip trocharteritis is differentiated from arthrosis. For this, rotational movements in the joint area are carried out. Pain should be absent. Pain occurs only on palpation, as well as in a supine position.
The doctor conducts a thorough examination, asks the patient to stand on his right and then on his left leg to see changes in the position of the hips.
Hip trocharteritis is differentiated from iliac-scallop bursitis. Symptoms of these varieties of the inflammatory process are very similar. With iliac-scallop bursitis, pain in the thigh is also felt, which intensifies when the knees are bent and unbent, for example, when getting up from a chair.
To confirm the diagnosis, laboratory and instrumental diagnostic methods are prescribed. The most informative are:
- general and biochemical analysis of blood, rheumatic tests;
- Hip radiography
- MRI or CT scan.
With trochanteritis according to the results of X-ray, ultrasound, computed or magnetic resonance imaging, anomalies will be absent.
Treatment of bursitis of the hip joint can be conservative and prompt. The sooner you go to the hospital, the faster the recovery.
Success in treatment largely depends on adherence to the regimen. During therapy, it is important to ensure complete rest of the affected limb. With exercise, inflammation will increase.
Restriction of motor activity is indicated for a period of 1 to 6 months. After recovery, the patient must follow a set of preventive measures and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
You can treat the disease with the help of physiotherapeutic procedures:
- shock wave therapy;
- laser therapy;
- applications of paraffin and ozokerite.
Physical therapy and massage have a good effect. Exercises are selected by the doctor. They help strengthen the musculoskeletal system, improve blood circulation and restore bone tissue.
Physical therapy is the prevention of the resumption of the inflammatory process.
Physiotherapeutic procedures are indicated simultaneously with drug treatment. They enhance the effect of medicines and prevent relapse.
Medication for hip trochanteritis involves:
- The use of anti-inflammatory drugs. Apply Diclofenac, Ortofen, Movalis.
- Taking painkillers. If trochanteritis of the hip joint is accompanied by severe pain, then you can not do without Ketanov, Ketoprofen or Dexalgin.
- The use of vitamins and calcium preparations. To strengthen the bone apparatus, Calcemin and Calcium D3 are suitable.
If trochantitis is bilateral and neglected, then periarticular blockade is effective. Anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, Kenalog, Hydrocortisone or Diprospan, are introduced into the thigh area.
If everything is very serious and drug therapy is not effective, then surgical treatment of bursitis of the hip joint is performed. An indication for surgical treatment is purulent-inflammatory processes.
The foci of suppuration are opened, the cavity is drained and washed with antiseptics.
Trocharteritis is rarely accompanied by complications. The prognosis is not favorable with neglected infectious or tuberculosis. High probability of disability.
Negative effects are also possible if untreated. In this case, the acute form becomes chronic, there is a high probability of adhesive capsulitis, which leads to complete immobilization of the hip joint. To restore the mobility of the articular joint will have to resort to surgical techniques.
All preventive measures are aimed at preventing the effects of provoking factors. To avoid this disease, it is necessary to adhere to such tips:
- Control weight. A sharp increase in body weight of more than 5 kg should not be allowed. This is a big load on the hip joint.
- Long static hips should be avoided. It is necessary to alternate standing and sitting.
- Perform exercise to strengthen muscle mass in the hip area.
- With congenital orthopedic pathologies, for example, different lengths of legs, it is worth choosing special shoes.
- You should refuse to lift weights and excessive physical exertion.
In case of pain in the hip joint, you should visit a doctor and undergo an examination. Trocharteritis is not a serious illness. It is easy to treat if you find it at the initial stage.
With trochanteritis, the prognosis is favorable. Recovery depends on the timeliness of medical care.