Osteoarthritis of the hip joint of the 2nd degree (or coxarthrosis) is a degenerative-dystrophic process that is chronic in nature and is manifested by damage to cartilage and bone joints. Congenital causes can serve as an impulse to the occurrence of pathology: different lengths of the lower extremities, congenital dislocation, syringomyelia, etc. Arthrosis for a long time does not manifest itself with any symptoms. It is very important for patients predisposed to the disease to distribute the load on the musculoskeletal system, not to take a lot of weight, and take portions (intervals) to exercise.
Stages of development of the disease
There are three stages of arthrosis:
- The first stage is the initial; the pain appears after physical exertion on the hip joint, does not go beyond it, sometimes it can radiate to the knee. It is difficult to diagnose this degree of arthrosis, because there are practically no symptoms.
- The second stage is characterized by intense pain that occurs both after a load on the musculoskeletal system and at rest. The patient may note a significant effect on the freedom of physical movements: they become chained, the adducting / abducting muscles of the thigh weaken, often lameness occurs. Diagnosis of the pathology is necessary not only empirically, but also radiologically, since at this stage the specialist, based only on the symptoms, can make an inaccurate diagnosis. On radiological images, significant growth of bone tissue is noticeable, the contour of the femoral head acquires atypical forms, the hip gap of the joint is significantly narrowed. The degree of damage to the hip joint varies.
- Third stage: the movements become very limited, the pain becomes regular, the muscles of the lower extremities atrophy, it is possible to shorten the legs, TBS loses mobility up to disability. The joint gap is practically absent, the hip joint is fused, takes the form of a “whole” bone. It is difficult to treat this degree; surgical intervention is often necessary.
Diagnosed coxarthrosis requires rational pathogenetic and symptomatic therapy. It is possible to treat hip arthrosis by influencing the etiology (i.e., the cause of the occurrence), but modern medicine cannot guarantee an absolute recovery, not to mention treatment with folk remedies, but an integrated approach to therapy will return the patient to an almost optimal physical condition.
The elimination of the pain syndrome that constantly accompanies grade 2 arthrosis of the hip joint requires the use of anti-inflammatory analgesic drugs. Pain is the first signal of an organism about violations in it.
The use of strong painkillers at this stage is not provided, enough non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs:
NSAIDs are treated in tablet form; during an exacerbation, they may prescribe an injection of drugs with the same active substance. Enough one-time taking the drug per day during or after a meal (this will reduce the degree of side effects).
Relieving symptoms with NSA > Piroxicam> Phenylbutazone> Diclofenac = Ibuprofen. Consult your healthcare provider about ways to reduce the risk of unwanted effects from taking NSAIDs.
NSAIDs that inhibit COX-2 should be the drugs of choice for the symptomatic treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint, since the benefit / side effect ratio in this case outweighs this particular group of drugs.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Degenerative-dystrophic disorders that accompany stage 2 arthrosis of the hip joint require a compensatory approach in treatment: damage to bone and cartilage stimulate the growth of osteophytes, which, if untreated, will lead to stage 3 arthrosis with all its consequences. Such a function will be assumed by preparations from the group of chondroprotectors:
Even the “neglected” ARTROZ can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
Doctors recommend treating coxarthrosis of the 2nd degree initially with injections, and subsequently switch to tablet forms.
More about chondroprotectors:
- Chondroitnesulfate. It acts as a “lubricant” for the articular complex, is a natural substance produced by the chondrocytes of our body. An integral component of a comprehensive recovery.
- Glucosamine. It stimulates the production of hyaluronic and chondroitin sulfuric ac >
The use of combination drugs in the treatment of arthrosis
There are combined drugs, including both chondroprotectors and NSAIDs (Teraflex Advance, Movex, Asset, etc.).
The combination of chondroprotectors with NSAIDs can significantly reduce the side effects of painkillers, reduce the amount consumed by the latter.
Separately, we distinguish Diacerein: it belongs to both groups at the same time, it has corresponding effects on the joint and inflammatory processes in it, additionally having anti-catabolic, anabolic effects. In the treatment of grade 2 arthrosis gives an effect for 6 weeks.
It should be noted the drug Alflutop is a medicine based on extracts from marine organisms. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic effect. It acts at the macromolecular level, stimulates recovery processes. A complex of amino acids, minerals, and peptides comprehensively affects the focus of hip inflammation, has a beneficial effect on the resumption of cartilage structure. The drug is administered deeply intramuscularly in a dose of 1 ml for 20 days or 1-2 ml in each hip joint, followed by a / m treatment. The course of treatment is repeated every six months.
Treatment with folk remedies
It is possible to treat arthrosis of the hip joint of the 2nd degree with alternative methods, but again in an integrated approach. In most cases, compresses and warming are used, which help to reduce the swelling of the inflamed area.
Alcohol compresses may include honey, iodine, aloe juice, other substances that irritate the nerve endings, cause a rush of blood to the focus of inflammation, thereby improving circulation, reducing swelling.
Folk remedies never exclude traditional therapy!
Life is motion
The treatment of coxarthrosis is a complex effect. A physiotherapist, based on the testimony of the attending physician, will determine the load allowed to you, draw up a sequence of exercises that will purposefully develop the mobility of the hip apparatus, and give recommendations for their implementation for effective treatment. Wellness massages can be prescribed that increase joint mobility.
What should I look for?
Features of the treatment of coxarthrosis:
- Physiotherapy is excluded during exacerbation of arthrosis of the 2nd degree.
- The clinically significant effect of taking chondroprotectors in the treatment of arthrosis of the hip joint is manifested at 4-6 weeks of regular use.
- The introduction of Alflutop into the hip joint is accompanied by an increase in pain.
- Treatment of arthrosis with diacerein is contraindicated in patients with gastrointestinal pathologies.
- Vitamins A, C and trace elements increase the effectiveness of glucosamine.
- The use of chondroprotectors in the treatment of grade 2 arthrosis is not recommended for pregnant women.
Early diagnosis of arthrosis of the hip joint and complex treatment can prevent many complications, give the patient an absolute opportunity to restore the hip apparatus, to lead a healthy lifestyle without severe exacerbations of arthrosis.
Dear readers, leave your opinion about the article in the comments; Tell us in what ways you struggled with this disease.