Osteochondrosis is called degenerative changes in the pulpous nuclei of the intervertebral discs, leading to the loss of their depreciation properties. MTD turn into semi-elastic gaskets between the disks, which causes dysfunction of the vertebral-motor segments. Subsequently, other structures of the spine are involved in the dystrophic process.
The vertebral-motor segment is a functional unit of the spine, consisting of two vertebrae and the structures connecting them (disk, joints, ligaments). With osteochondrosis in humans, the mobility of the PDS is impaired, which leads to the appearance of most unpleasant symptoms.
Persons with osteochondrosis of the thoracic region are concerned about persistent back pain. Their posture is disturbed, muscles are weakened, chest mobility worsens. Many patients are concerned about frequent dizziness, decreased exercise tolerance, and even breathing difficulties. Exercising with breast osteochondrosis helps to relieve all these symptoms.
Degenerative-dystrophic changes in the thoracic intervertebral discs are rare in clinical practice. This is because the spine in this section is reinforced with ribs. This reduces the load on the MTD, prevents their destruction.
Regular physical therapy exercises have a positive effect on the well-being of the patient. They make the body more trained and resistant to the effects of negative environmental factors. Improvement is observed after 1-2 months of constant training.
Positive effects of therapeutic exercises:
- strengthening all muscle groups of the back and chest, correcting posture, improving breathing;
- increased elasticity of muscle tissue: it begins to contract more smoothly;
- elimination of muscle spasms that cause the development of myogenic pain syndromes;
- normal distribution of load on different parts of the spinal column;
- stimulation of metabolism in damaged vertebral-motor segments by activating blood flow in them;
- acceleration of the outflow of excess fluid from the soft tissues, helping to reduce their swelling;
- creation of optimal conditions for scarring of MTD nuclei and their fibrous rings;
- increased range of motion in the back, marked relief of chronic pain, prolongation of the period of remission.
Even “neglected” joint problems can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
Therapeutic gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine is unable to repair damaged discs and joints. In the initial stages of the exercise, they slow down the destruction of cartilage and contribute to their natural regeneration. But with severe osteochondrosis, when even the most powerful chondroprotectors are powerless, exercise therapy has only a symptomatic effect. The patient feels better, but degenerative changes in the spine do not disappear.
Therapeutic exercise has a temporary effect. If you stop practicing, soon you will again begin to worry about unpleasant symptoms. Exercise regularly to maintain well-being.
A set of exercises for the patient is selected by a rehabilitologist. When choosing a training scheme, the specialist will take into account the general state of the patient’s health, the stage of the degenerative process, and a number of other factors. All this will help to make gymnastics for the thoracic spine with osteochondrosis safe.
Table 1. Exercises prescribed by rehabilitologists
|Features of the implementation||Illustration|
|1||Stand straight, stretch your arms out to the sides. Make sure that the shoulders are lowered and the shoulder blades are slightly flattened. Relax the muscles of the neck, abdomen, hips. Turn the body to the right, without changing the position of the pelvis. Freeze for 20-30 seconds, then return to the starting position. Take a break and twist to the left.|
|2||Stand straight, slowly tilt your head. Continue until you touch the chin of your chest. Stay in this position, relax your back muscles while straining your abs. Tilt your upper body, relax your arms. Try to touch your feet with your fingertips. Hold this position for 5-6 seconds, then slowly straighten|
|3||Stand and press your hands to your sides. Make several bends to the sides with limbs as relaxed as possible. After that, fold your hands together and raise them above your head. Grasp the left wrist with your fingers, slowly stretch to the right side. Then change the position of the hands and lean to the left.|
|4||Lie on your stomach, spread your arms. As you exhale, slowly raise them and pull them back. At the same time, bend your knees and try to grab your ankles with your fingers. Freeze for a few seconds, then slowly return to the starting position|
|5||Get on all fours. As you exhale, bend your back and stay in that position for 4 seconds. On inspiration, slowly return to the starting position and bend your back.|
|6||Lie on your back, having previously placed a pillow under it. Keep your hands behind your head. Try to lift the body, straining the muscles of the back and abdomen. Keep your neck relaxed.|
|7||Lying on your stomach, spread your arms to the sides. Try to tear them off the floor with your head. Hold on for at least three seconds|
|8||Lie on your stomach. Put your feet on the floor or ask someone close to put them on the floor with your hands. Fold your hands at the back of your head. Lift the casing slowly and freeze for a few seconds. Then gently lower the housing|
|9||Standing with legs wide apart, pick up a stick. As you exhale, lift it up. Try to extend your arms as far back as possible. Stretch your whole body, watching your posture.|
For different patients, doctors select a different number of exercises. At the beginning of classes, the patient performs each of them 5-7 times. Over time, the number of repetitions increase.
Read the article on the benefits of charging.
Exercise therapy is a technique that occupies a significant position among traditional methods of treatment. She has features, contraindications, limitations and precautions. So when practicing medical gymnastics it is necessary to observe a number of rules.
Tips to help avoid complications and make classes as effective as possible:
- Make sure back pain is caused by osteochondrosis. Perhaps unpleasant symptoms indicate other, more dangerous diseases. To find out, go to the doctor’s office, go through an examination.
- Before starting classes, be sure to consult an orthopedist or rehabilitologist. In some cases, gymnastics with osteochondrosis of the thoracic region can be harmful. Consultation with a specialist will help reduce the risk of complications.
- Do exercises only during the period of remission. Refuse classes for acute back pain, exacerbations of chronic diseases, acute respiratory viral infections, high blood pressure, fever, chills, etc.
- Wear comfortable clothing in a well-ventilated room. Try not to do exercise immediately after eating. It is better that at least 1 hour has passed since the last meal.
- Do all the movements slowly, without rushing and jerking. Breathe deeply and evenly. Learn not to hold your breath at maximum exertion. At first, this may seem rather complicated to you.
- If you experience pain immediately stop exercising. If the pain persists for a long time, do not hesitate to visit a doctor.
- After class, relax. Lie down, give yourself a relaxing massage, take a warm shower. Leave home no earlier than an hour after doing the exercises.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency. But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of this medication.