The most effective method for the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis is daily exercises of medical gymnastics S. Bubnovsky. After 1-2 months of regular training, pain in the neck and neck disappears, crunch disappears when turning and tilting the head, and the range of movements increases. This therapeutic effect is due to the strengthening of the muscular skeleton of the neck, improved blood supply to the discs and vertebrae with nutrients.
- The basis of the Bubnovsky technique for cervical osteochondrosis
- The benefits of exercise
- Indications for the use of gymnastics
- Technologies and rules of execution
- Basic gymnastic exercises
- Strength exercises
- Other exercises
- Diet and regimen for osteochondrosis
- Safety measures
The basis of the Bubnovsky technique for cervical osteochondrosis
S. Bubnovsky is a well-known rehabilitologist, chiropractor, author of the method of kinesitherapy, or treatment with movements. In the medical centers he created, patients with osteochondrosis are helped to completely restore mobility of the cervical spine. Kinesitherapy is based on the trophic features of the diseased intervertebral discs. Since their blood vessels are reduced over time, the flow of nutrients occurs due to the pressure difference. When the head is tilted, it decreases, and after assuming a vertical position, it rises. Thus, the more a person moves, the better the disks are provided with the nutrients necessary for their recovery.
The benefits of exercise
Usually, patients who come to S. Bubnovsky know well how to eliminate pain in the neck, usually take a pill or apply a powerful ointment. The doctor immediately warns that analgesics will have to be abandoned even at the preparation stage. The use of painkillers deprives a person of motivation for regular classes, full return during training. S. Bubnovsky teaches patients to get rid of tension pain with the subsequent relaxation of certain muscle groups.
Not only the elimination of discomfort in the cervical spine is the task of kinesitherapy. Patients are recommended exercises for the spine, the implementation of which is aimed at the maximum possible restoration of cartilage and bone tissues affected by osteochondrosis. Also, due to the stabilization of the discs and vertebrae, there is no compression of the blood vessels and spinal roots. Headaches, dizziness, jumps in blood pressure, visual and auditory disorders gradually weaken, and then completely disappear.
Indications for the use of gymnastics
Therapeutic gymnastics according to Bubnovsky is indicated for patients with osteochondrosis of any severity. But it is most therapeutically effective in the initial stages of pathology. Daily exercises with careful dosing of loads allow you to reverse the degenerative process. As a result of improved blood circulation, accelerated metabolism, partial restoration of damaged tissues occurs.
Regenerating significantly deformed discs and vertebrae with the help of exercises will not work. In this case, the goal of the classes is the complete elimination of symptoms and increased range of motion. Training is indicated for frequently occurring neurological symptoms of the disease.
Technologies and rules of execution
In the first lessons, you do not need to strive to complete everything, especially technically difficult exercises. The loads need to be increased gradually so that the muscles have time to adapt to them.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Before class, you need to ventilate the room well. It should be cool enough, but not cold, otherwise the pain in the back of the neck will increase significantly due to muscle inflammation. It is best to train in loose-fitting clothing made from natural materials that absorb moisture and allow air to pass through. It is advisable to exercise on an empty stomach or 2-3 hours after eating.
To warm up the muscles, prepare them for the upcoming loads, a warm-up is required. It is necessary to walk around the room, perform swings with arms and legs, shallow squats and lunges, tilts and turns of the body. Massage the neck, stroking the areas between the spinous processes (well palpable tubercles).
Basic gymnastic exercises
Even “neglected” joint problems can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
Exercises from the basic complex can be done with osteochondrosis of any severity, as well as its prevention. Their main goal is muscle stretching to increase the distance between adjacent discs, eliminating compression of the vertebral artery and nerve roots.
The following exercises are most effective when sitting on a chair or stool:
- slowly tilt your head first to one, then to the other shoulder;
- gently lower the chin down, linger in this position for 15 seconds, do not deeply throw back your head;
- pull the chin forward, trying not to move the head, turn it to the sides towards the collarbones;
- turn your head slightly to the side, while raising your chin, look up;
- put your right hand on your left shoulder, put your elbow parallel to the floor. Lower the chin on this shoulder, gently push. Repeat all movements using the right shoulder;
- to hook the fingers on the back of the head, turn the upper body from side to side;
- stretch straight arms to the sides, start them simultaneously behind the back, trying to bring the shoulder blades as close to each other as possible;
- put your hands back, and then turn your head to the sides and raise your chin.
Each exercise must be performed 10-12 times. Mild pain during exercise is acceptable. But acute pain should be a signal for a long break.
Strength exercises begin only after adequate strengthening of the muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle. At first, it is advisable to carry them out under the guidance of a physical therapy doctor or a rehabilitation therapist who controls the arising loads. In the centers of Bubnovsky for the strengthening of muscles the simulators developed by him are used. But some exercises can be performed at home with the help of improvised means:
- near the bed (preferably with a semi-rigid or hard mattress) put two stools at a distance equal to the width of the shoulders. Lie on the bed, rest your palms on the seats of the stools. Inhale, lower the straight body, on the exhale, take the starting position;
- lie on your back with your head on the edge of the bed. Raise and lower dumbbells weighing up to 3 kilograms;
- in the same starting position, take the dumbbells to the sides on the inhale, on the exhale, bring them in the chest area;
- sit on the floor between two chairs with emphasis on the seat. Straighten your arms, raise the body, bend them, taking the initial position of the body;
- stand up, legs apart shoulder width apart. Extend your arms with dumbbells forward, spread them and bring them together.
The number of repetitions in the first lessons is 5-7. As you strengthen, you need to increase their number to 15-20. In medical centers S. Bubnovsky also practiced vis and push-ups on the crossbar. At home, such exercises are contraindicated. If they are performed incorrectly, then the risk of compression by the displaced disc of the vertebral artery is high.
Morning exercise does not replace the basic and strength physiotherapy exercises, but becomes only a good addition to it. Immediately after awakening, a patient with osteochondrosis often suffers from dizziness, flickering flies and colored spots in front of her eyes. So the body reacts to poor blood circulation in the cervical region during sleep. Exercise will help improve blood circulation, prepare for the working day. Here are some of the most therapeutically useful exercises:
- sitting on the bed, stretch your ear first to one, then to the other shoulder;
- perform several circular rotations of the head in different directions, not strongly tipping over and not tilting it;
- stretch out your hands in front of you, alternately clench and unclench your fists;
- put palms on shoulders, make circular rotations with elbows;
- stand up, legs apart a little, lower your hands to the belt, make several bends and turns;
- without changing the position of the body, perform several shallow lunges forward, backward, to the sides (you can focus on the chair);
- lie on your stomach, at the same time raise your arms and legs, pull the muscles of the neck, shoulder girdle, lower back.
The number of repetitions is arbitrary. If during the performance of any exercise there are pleasant sensations in the muscles, then it can be done 15-20 times.
With cervical osteochondrosis, resistance exercises are very effective, helping to strengthen muscles, stabilize vertebral structures as soon as possible. The first workouts are best done with an exercise therapy doctor or a rehabilitologist from a medical center that will monitor the movement. How to quickly strengthen the muscles of the neck and shoulder girdle:
- sit on a chair, press the right palm to the right cheek. Tilt your head to the right, showing resistance with your palm. Perform the exercise in the opposite direction;
- in the same position of the body rest your chin on your fist or palm. Try to tilt your head, avoiding this with the push of a hand;
- the starting position is the same. To clasp your fingers in the “lock” on the back of your head, tilt your head back, showing resistance with your hands;
- sit on the floor, lean forward, trying to reach the opposite foot with the palm of your hand;
- lie on your stomach, stretch your arms forward. On exhalation, raise the upper body, on inspiration, lower to the floor.
Each exercise should be repeated 7-12 times. At the point of maximum muscle tension linger for 15-20 seconds.
Diet and regimen for osteochondrosis
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with the method of S. Bubnovsky is not only gymnastics, but also the use of deep diaphragmatic breathing techniques, classes with a psychologist, diet and the correct regimen of the day. Elevated loads on the cervical spine, smoking, weight lifting are completely excluded. It is necessary to refuse semi-finished products, smoked meats, fatty meat, sausages. It is advisable to replace them with dairy products, fresh berries, fruits, vegetables, nuts.
During training, any sharp, high-amplitude movements, including jerking, twisting, should be excluded. You should not try to tilt your head to the side as far as possible, throw it back, lower it. It is possible that the muscles will stretch better, strengthen faster, but at the same time, the disks, vertebrae, and ligaments are severely microtraumatic. And this will cause the rapid progression of cervical osteochondrosis.
In the subacute period of cervical osteochondrosis, you can deal only under medical supervision. At home, training is carried out at the stage of remission, when there are no pronounced symptoms of pathology. It is forbidden to perform exercises at high temperature, chills, fever, severely low or high blood pressure. Contraindications of physical therapy include oncological diseases, severe pathologies of the cardiovascular system, relapse of allergies, respiratory, intestinal infections.