Wrist hygroma is a cyst that forms on the wrist joint of the hand. This is a kind of capsule, inside which is a viscous substance that resembles jelly. When the tumor grows, it begins to deliver pain to its owner. Also, a person faces serious aesthetic discomfort.
Hygroma is a fluid that accumulates in articular fluids. It goes outside in violation of metabolic processes. If a weak area is present in the joint, this substance seeps through it. Often the cause of hygroma is an injury to the hand.
Hygroma is a non-dangerous, but very unpleasant formation on the human hand. Doctors still have not been able to identify the exact causes that cause the formation of this tumor on the surface of the hands.
Many experts believe that the following factors can contribute to its development:
- The structural features of the human hand – muscle bags are located under several layers of muscles and a thick layer of fatty tissue. In some people, synovial bags are on the surface, which is why they are most susceptible to injury. With any exposure, they begin to become inflamed and secrete a specific substance.
- Excessive stress on the brush. If a person works so that his hand is constantly in tension, then this significantly increases the risk of hygroma. When the hand is stressed, certain tendons are pinched, joint capsules suffer. The greatest risk is for programmers, builders, accountants, builders, and others.
- Transferred tendovaginitis or chronic bursitis – these two diseases are characterized by damage to tendons and synovial bags. This contributes to the development of a powerful inflammatory process that causes accelerated blood circulation in the soft tissues. Because of this, the cells begin to rapidly update, which leads to the formation of a full-fledged tumor.
- Improper treatment of hygroma – if you have previously encountered such a neoplasm, but it has arisen again, then. Last time, the therapy went wrong. Hygroma is not prone to relapse, but if even a small amount of fluid remains in the cavity, an exacerbation can occur. In this case, surgery is performed.
It is very important for the doctor to determine the exact cause of such a neoplasm, because this will help to prescribe an effective and comprehensive treatment. Only in this way will you ever encounter this disease in the future.
At the very beginning of the development of hygroma, the brush practically does not cause any discomfort to a person. A small neoplasm appears on the arm that does not strike the eye. However, such a size in a tumor will not always be – over time, it begins to rapidly increase, a person is faced with serious discomfort. He also has pain that does not allow him to work normally and do his usual business. If you notice such symptoms in yourself, you should visit your doctor as soon as possible. Only timely treatment will help get rid of discomfort as quickly as possible. Hygroma can be diagnosed by the following signs:
- Aching and dull pain, which is localized on the cyst;
- The appearance of a small dense neoplasm on its surface;
- Change in the skin: it becomes denser, darker;
- Violation of sensitivity.
Due to the injuries suffered, the hygroma is able to independently open. It is large-scale, will heal for a long time. Immediately after damage, the contents of the capsule will pour out, which must be constantly removed. It is best to consult a doctor who can conduct a full treatment of the wound surface.
Determining the hygroma of the brush is quite simple. Despite this, the specialist will still send you for an extended study. He needs to confirm that the tumor is not malignant. This is helped by modern methods of examination, which are able to check every millimeter of muscle tissue. To confirm the diagnosis, you must go through:
- General blood analysis;
- Blood chemistry;
- Ultrasound procedure;
- Magnetic resonance therapy;
- Biopsy of internal contents.
At the initial stages of development of hygroma, the brush may not cause any discomfort to its owner. Over time, it begins to grow rapidly, which is why the appearance of a person spoils. He has functional abnormalities – it is difficult for him to move his hand, raise it. Any domestic or work activities become real torture for him. If you notice a similar deviation in yourself, consult a doctor immediately. At the moment, the most popular methods for solving this problem are:
- Physiotherapeutic procedures – allow you to get rid of hand hygroma at an undeveloped stage. This treatment method involves various procedures aimed at enhancing the absorption of this substance. Most often, the patient is prescribed paraffin, mud baths, electrophoresis, heating. Keep in mind that it is strictly forbidden to carry out such treatment in an acute inflammatory process. This can greatly aggravate the situation.
- Puncture is a more radical method of exposure, which is carried out with medium-sized hygromes. The essence of the effect is to aspirate the contents of the tumor with a special apparatus. A small needle is inserted into the neoplasm cavity, which sucks out the jelly-like contents. Also, this method allows you to determine the nature of the tumor: benign or oncological. This method of treatment involves a regular change of dressing and some recovery period. At first, it is strictly forbidden to strain your hand.
- Surgical methods – treatment of hygroma through laser burning or excision of the entire capsule. The essence of the methods is to remove the entire formation with subsequent suturing of the tissues. After the procedure, a tight elastic bandage is applied to the hand, which accelerates the healing process. The most popular method is laser burning, it removes the tumor, healthy tissue is sutured to fatty tissue. On average, the recovery period is a week, after which a person can return to his standard lifestyle.
If you have hygroma on your hands, try to contact your doctor as soon as possible. Experienced specialists will conduct you an extended study that allows you to determine the degree of damage. Consider that the specialist takes into account to which layer the surface layer is affected. The choice of a method requires the simultaneous assessment of many factors. Only in this way the patient will be provided with comprehensive and effective care.
It will be possible to get rid of the hygroma by the methods of traditional medicine only if the neoplasm is small and single. Otherwise, you will not achieve any result, but lose valuable time. Many experts recommend a comprehensive approach to therapy and use such methods as an adjunct treatment. The most popular remedies for brush hygroma are:
- Paraffin baths – take 100 grams of paraffin, add a few drops of essential oil, heat it all up in a water bath and carry out the procedure.
- Warming compress – take a small amount of wormwood, fill it with 100 ml of alcohol. Leave the medicine to infuse for 4-6 days. After this period, use the tincture as a compress. It’s best to leave it overnight.
- Bath – for its preparation, take 1 liter of water, add 1 tablespoon of soda and a few drops of iodine. When the water reaches 40-45 degrees, lower your hand into it and hold until it cools completely. It is best to conduct them 2 times a day: morning and evening.
Hygroma of the hand is an unpleasant formation that causes aesthetic and physical discomfort. In order to prevent its formation on the skin of the hand, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules:
- Provide mobility to the hand, refuse monotonous high loads;
- Try not to injure your joints;
- Distribute the load evenly between your hands;
- If any diseases occur, proceed to their treatment in a timely manner.
With the timely diagnosis of this pathology, you will be prescribed the appropriate treatment. In this case, the outcome of the problem is exceptionally favorable. You will quickly get rid of the neoplasm, the risk of relapse will be extremely low. In the initial stages, the medication will help to smooth out the tumor, which must be applied regularly to the skin. Launched hygroma lends itself only to surgical treatment.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .