Osteochondrosis is a difficult disease to treat, accompanied by severe discomfort. The pains suffered by patients who have been diagnosed with this disease do not arise for one reason, but are the result of many. Changes slowly occur in the body – from mild failures in the body to serious problems, the process can go unnoticed.
When the first attack of pain begins, the first thing the patient does is trying to quickly stop it with the help of medicines. But they will not affect the cause of the pain, so the attacks are repeated again and again. Medications quickly stop helping, the patient seeks help from a doctor – the sooner this happens, the better.
Is it possible to do yoga with osteochondrosis
In many cases, patients manage to improve their condition by doing yoga exercises. Its therapeutic effect is widely known. Regardless of how old the patient is and his initial condition, yoga with cervical osteochondrosis can not only alleviate the disease, but also provide recovery. This is possible if the fight against the disease is started at an early stage.
There is a misconception that the benefits of yoga will only be if you practice it for a long time. But this is not true – the results will appear rather quickly, they will be tangible, but in intensity small.
How to perform self-diagnosis
To begin with, it is worth considering the signs that help determine the disease at an early stage. Their detection will help not to trigger the disease.
You should beware in such cases:
- In the area of the back and neck with a long stay in one position, discomfort begins, pains are noted;
- In the evenings, the patient may notice an ache giving to the shoulders, discomfort in the back of the head, often tired;
- The fingertips are numb, the hands are cold, frequent dizziness. Bending limbs, the patient has difficulty;
- When turning the head, the bones crackle;
- Groping the neck, you can find areas that respond with severe soreness;
- Bending his head, the patient feels strong, pulling pain in the area of the shoulder blades;
- When lying on a flat surface on the back, dizziness begins, nausea that disappears is worth raising your head slightly;
- Dizziness loses balance, ringing is heard in the ears;
- From the spine to the head there is aching, dull pain;
- In the mornings you can only turn your head to the side with great difficulty.
Having found such signs, you should go to the doctor as soon as possible.
Yoga with osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can help if classes are held regularly and started during the period before significant changes have occurred in the body.
Common Recovery Techniques
Most modern techniques that are recommended for the prevention or treatment of osteochondrosis include basic yoga asanas. All popular areas, which include Pilates, Oxisize, body flex, the main task is to develop mobility and muscle tone return. Systems of simple exercises, borrowed from Ayurveda, are aimed at normalizing the physical condition.
How to do yoga with osteochondrosis of the lumbar? During the lesson, the instructor sets exercises that affect certain muscle groups. They do not touch upon mental issues, which sometimes causes doubts among some patients who have never before practiced yoga and who consider it exclusively spiritual practice. A good effect is given by techniques to strengthen the muscle corset, restore mobility and elasticity of the ligaments.
Yoga with osteochondrosis of the thoracic region, as with other types, is a correction of not only the physical, but also the spiritual plane of the personality. Many diseases arise due to disturbances in the movement of energy that occurs ins />
A person who begins to engage in yoga against osteochondrosis, very soon changes his habits, diet, regimen, even in his actions and words, changes occur. In yoga, the causes of osteochondrosis are falsehood and slander, the use of antibiotics, and alcohol addiction.
How to do yoga with osteochondrosis
Performing asanas and breathing exercises, it is possible to alleviate pain, reduce the tendency to cramping, for a while the person regains mobility. To not only get a good effect, but also to consolidate it, you will need to change habits and nutrition, as well as thoughts and words.
All exercises begin from a sitting position with legs crossed. At the same time, you should keep your back straight, and in case of difficulties with constant observance of this position, under the buttocks you need to put a block or a book for stability.
How to breathe while performing asanas
Yoga for beginners with cervical osteochondrosis, as with its other types, requires a proper attitude to breathing. Inhalations must be performed through the nose. On inspiration, the chest and abdomen expand, on exhalation, they narrow. Alternating the duration of inspirations and exhalations, controlling their number, it is possible to start the processes of updating and recovery.
The process may look like this:
- We draw a breath in three, exhale quickly – in one;
- Inhale sharply – breathe out slowly and smoothly in three counts;
- Close the right nostril with your finger. Perform a few quick breaths through the left, everything should take a minute. Then do the same for the other nostril using the other hand;
- Perform a full breath. Inhale deeply through the stomach, chest, collarbone. Then exhale, “driving” the air in the opposite direction. The exhalation should be twice as long.
Yoga Asanas for Osteochondrosis
Yoga can perfectly help even during exacerbation of osteochondrosis. At the same time, it is necessary to perform movements for asanas smoothly, slowly – this will help not to worsen the condition.
Proper breathing should be given more attention.
- Perform the tilt of the head – to the left shoulder, then to the right, gradually flexing and stretching the muscles of the neck.
- The head is rotated like this. First turn right, hold for 10 seconds. Then – left, also linger. Lower your head down, while trying to reach with your chin to the jugular cavity. Hold for a short while, throw your head back, lock this position for a few seconds.
- Hands up. On inspiration, turn the body to the right, exhaling – to the left.
- Head outline a circle – to the right, then to the left.
- Effective asana called “cat”. To hold it, take the starting position, standing on all fours. Tilt your head back – so that the top reaches to the buttocks. Deflect in the opposite direction. To do this, press your chin to your chest, pull in your stomach, pull your back up – just like cats do. Such an exercise should be carried out as slowly as possible.
- Stretch your arms above your head. The top of your head reach up. Try to physically feel how your spine straightens.
- Get to your feet. Keep your arms straight above your head. Exhaling, bend to the right leg. At the same time, try to touch the foot, and when you inhale, return to the starting position. As you exhale, lean towards your left foot. Keep your back straight. Allocate two minutes to complete.
- Asana “cobra” is performed from a supine position. The palms should be placed near the chest of the cage. As you inhale, rise on your hands, throwing your head back. Keep your hands straight. The chest should be open, breathing should be free. Keep this position for 20 seconds.
Performing asanas with osteochondrosis, you must constantly evaluate your own feelings. During execution, acute pain should not be felt, but if tremor and sipping are noted, this means that the muscles began to receive the necessary load.
How to treat nutrition
To the question whether yoga helps with osteochondrosis, we can answer that with the right attitude to classes, the effect can be obtained quite quickly. It is necessary to eat more plant foods. Stop drinking alcohol and nicotine, antibiotics, and canned foods. It is better to exclude all products resulting from processing – for example, sausages, sausages, marinades.
If possible, eat freshly prepared food. This also applies to tea – after it has been />
Yoga for the neck with osteochondrosis will help in restoring the mobility of the spinal column, strengthening immunity, and improving flexibility. Proper nutrition can tone in a short time.
Get rid of destructive words and thoughts – this helps to maintain health and establish harmonious relationships with the world.
Do not forget that yoga with osteochondrosis of the spine involves starting the lesson with therapeutic exercises. They not only have a medical basis, but also are carefully dosed. With their help, it is possible to quickly get rid of headaches and discomfort in the neck. It is also possible to restore muscle tone, relieve tension. After the body recovers, you can start yoga.
Is yoga useful for osteochondrosis, results
Yoga for osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic region allows you to get these results:
- Muscle elasticity is restored;
- Blood circulation improves, which facilitates the process of supplying the damaged section with nutrients;
- Posture returns to normal;
- The vertebrae acquire greater mobility, which helps to prevent their displacement in case of stress;
- There is a gradual stretching of the spinal column, the load on the cartilage tissue is reduced;
- Improves nutrition of joints and intervertebral discs.
Yoga for cervical osteochondrosis is useful primarily because exercises can be performed either by a person, regardless of physical fitness level and age. The time of day does not matter. Yoga for cervical osteochondrosis helps to quickly return the correct functionality to the spine, restore health and completely eliminate discomfort.
Exercises should be carried out regularly, the necessary minimum – three times a week.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .