The active substance of the drug is naproxen. Reaching the lesion, it has a number of therapeutic effects:
- Slows down the production of cyclooxygenase – a group of enzymes, the activation of which leads to the development of inflammatory processes and painful sensations.
- Suppresses the synthesis of prostaglandins – physiologically active substances. Prostaglandins are mediators that increase the sensitivity of receptors to substances that cause pain.
- Suppresses increased platelet aggregation – a process in which colorless blood elements thicken and form clots (blood clots).
- Affects the centers of thermoregulation, which leads to a decrease in temperature.
The maximum content in blood plasma is observed after 2-4 hours. At the same time, the most powerful analgesic effect appears and side effects are manifested.
Indications for use
Naproxen is prescribed by doctors for various diseases of the musculoskeletal system, soft tissues, joints, bones and ligaments. The list of indications for use includes a number of diseases:
- Infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract, accompanied by fever and chills.
- Rheumatoid arthritis is a disease of the connective tissue, accompanied by its destruction, as well as pathologies of small joints.
- Idiopathic gout is a failure in the exchange of uric acid.
- Arthrosis is a chronic joint disease that limits their mobility and is accompanied by severe soreness.
- Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis) is a form of arthritis in which the spine becomes the main area of damage.
- Radiculopathy is a neuralgic syndrome that occurs as a result of compression of the roots of the spinal cord.
- Enthesopathy is a pathology in which tendons, ligaments, an articular bag and other tissues attached to the bone are affected.
- Myalgia – muscle pain in the lower extremities (legs).
- Neuralgia is a painful sensation that appears in the area of a nerve. With the defeat of several nerves, the patient is diagnosed with neuritis. In this case, the pain syndrome is replaced by paralysis or incomplete paralysis, as well as a decrease in sensitivity.
- Salpingitis and oophoritis are inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries, respectively.
- Dysmenorrhea – uterine cramps that cause pain in the lower abdomen at the beginning of menstruation.
Other indications for use: injuries and injuries, bruises, headaches and bones, fever and pain during the recovery period after surgery.
The tool is contraindicated in a number of cases: with individual intolerance to the components, exacerbation of a stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer, repeated attacks of bronchospasm (including in the medical history).
During pregnancy and lactation
During the bearing and feeding of the child, taking Naproxen is strictly contraindicated.
Instructions for use
The drug should be taken orally, with food and drink plenty of water. The method of application and the course of treatment depends on the disease and the severity of symptoms:
Exacerbation of inflammatory diseases. The drug is taken twice a day, the daily dose is 500-700 mg. As soon as the exacerbation subs >
With prolonged use, naproxen causes serious side effects and complications. To prevent this, combine the tablet form of the drug with rectal suppositories. You can also use antacids (take half an hour before taking the tablets).
Please note that in the treatment of children, only suspensions can be used (prohibited for babies up to 1 year old). The daily dose of naproxen in this case is 10 mg. per 1 kg. weight.
Possible side effects
During treatment, a number of side effects may occur:
- Disorders in the digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract) caused by damage to the stomach. Manifested in patients with chronic gastrointestinal diseases or predisposition to them. The risk increases when the drug was taken in high doses or for a long time. The mucous membrane of the stomach becomes inflamed; in more severe cases, ulcers may appear. Digestive disorders manifest as pain in the upper stomach or hypochondrium. Nausea appears, which in some cases ends with vomiting.
- Damage to the colon or small intestine, on the walls of which erosions, ulcers, inflammations and bleeding wounds appear.
- Allergic reactions. Occur in patients with an indiv >
During the therapeutic course (especially if the treatment is carried out for a long time), the kidneys should be checked regularly.
Cost and storage conditions
The cost of funds depends on the form of issue, volume and pricing policy of the pharmacy. Average drug prices are as follows:
- Tablets – from 133 r.;
- Suspension – from 225 r.;
- Candles – from 205 p.
Store the product in a dry place, protected from light and children. Take no longer than 3 years.
Despite its effectiveness, Naproxen refers to drugs that cause a large number of side effects and pathologies that occur during administration. We suggest you familiarize yourself with a selection of drugs that are not inferior to Naproxen in efficiency, but have much less side effects.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Dicloran is a local drug based on diclofenac sodium. It has a number of therapeutic effects: it reduces fever, relieves pain and reduces inflammation. It quickly penetrates the subcutaneous fat, reduces the increased sensitivity of nerve endings and the action of active substances that form in the inflamed area.
The tool is indicated for use in rheumatoid arthritis, joint pain, lesions of soft tissues, muscles and articular bags. The tool effectively eliminates swelling of soft tissues caused by injuries or severe physical exertion.
Dicloran is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to diclofenac;
- Children’s age (up to 15 years);
- Bearing and feeding a baby.
The tool is used exclusively locally. Take 4-8 g of gel, apply to the affected area (avoiding areas with wounds, ulcers and other skin integrity disorders). The course and treatment regimen is agreed with the doctor.
Possible side effects: redness, itching, sensitivity to sunlight. In patients with intolerance, rashes (urticaria) and angioedema may occur.
The cost of the gel is from 239 rubles.
Movasin is an anesthetic based on meloxicam. Relieves pain, helps to cope with inflammation and high fever. It is indicated for osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis. It has a large number of contraindications:
- Intolerance to components;
- Aspirin bronchial asthma;
- Exacerbation of a stomach ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- Various bleeding;
- Insufficiency of the heart, kidneys and liver;
- Children’s age (up to 15 years);
- Bearing and feeding a baby.
For elderly patients, the drug is prescribed with caution.
In the process of application, side effects are possible: disorders of the nervous, cardiovascular, genitourinary and respiratory systems. In a number of patients, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system, blood formation, organs of vision and skin are manifested. Allergic reactions are possible (including Quincke’s edema).
The cost of Movasin is from 46 rubles per package.