Hello dear readers! Very often I hear a question from my friends and colleagues: why do joints crackle in my whole body? In this article I’ll try to figure out whether crunching in the joints is the norm or pathology, and I’ll also teach how to get rid of it. I advise you to read the material to the end – it will be interesting and very useful.
- Physiological and pathological crunch
- Why are joints crackling?
- Causes of Pathological Crunch
- Methods of struggle
- Crunching of joints all over the body: causes, treatment
- Causes of the disease
- What are the symptoms of pathology?
- Features of diagnosis of the disease
- What diseases does the crunch indicate?
- How to treat the disease with traditional methods?
- Is surgery necessary?
- Physiotherapy to help
- Physical therapy for crunch treatment
- Features of food
- Prevention of pathology
- Joint crunch
- Possible reasons
- When should I go to the doctor?
- How to treat joint crunch
- Why do joints crackle throughout my body, and what should I do?
- Physiological features
- Pathogenetic causes
- Seeking medical help
- Additional events
- Folk treatment
- Joint crunch in adolescents
- Why do joints crackle?
- Congenital malformations
- Joint mobility hypermobility
- Specific structure
- Lifestyle features
- Result of injury
- Symptoms of pathological crunch
- How to treat bone crunch in a teenager?
- Joints crunch in the whole body: causes, diagnosis and treatment
- Joints are crunching – is there a reason for concern?
- Crunch and clicks – what are they talking about?
- What is characteristic of a crunch without pain
- How dangerous is this?
- preventive measures
Physiological and pathological crunch
First you need to understand when crunching in the joints is a natural process, and when its presence should alert and become an occasion to consult a specialist. Basically – this is a physiological phenomenon that should not cause concern.
All human joints have approximately the same structure. They are formed by 2 or more surfaces of the bones that are covered with cartilage. Cartilage allows articular bones to glide during movement. Each joint is covered with a shell from above, its component is synovial fluid. It performs such important functions:
- reduces the friction force of joints during movement;
- feeds cartilaginous tissue;
- It is a lubricant for normal gl >
The joints in the human body are interconnected using ligaments. With intense movement (running, jumping), the components of the joints move, stretch, which can provoke a specific noise – a crunch or rattle. It can be of varying degrees of intensity (barely audible or loud enough). No need to be afraid of this. Most often, joints in the knees, hands, feet, as well as the neck of the spine crackle, individually or all at once.
This process is influenced by such factors:
- flat feet;
- advanced age;
- wrong shoes;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- the use of certain medications (oral contraceptives);
- physical overload (in athletes);
- unhealthy diet or a strict diet;
- violation of the hormonal background;
- the presence of diseases that disrupt metabolic processes in the body.
But it is worth worrying if the following symptoms are added to an unpleasant crunch:
- painful sensations;
- swelling, swelling, redness;
- limitation of mobility;
- crunch progression.
If you notice that you have at least one of these phenomena, my advice is to run to the doctor immediately! Do not delay, because there is a risk of developing all kinds of complications.
Why are joints crackling?
As I said earlier, crunching in the whole body can have a physiological and pathological character. Physiological causes most often depend on the individual structural features of the human body. For example, there may be the following phenomena:
- Increased extensibility of ligaments. This is a genetic (congenital) feature that is characterized by hypermobility – the range of motion is very high. It is inherent in adolescents (especially women) and, as a rule, disappears with age. You do not need to treat her
- The presence of gas bubbles. The fluid that is around the joint contains, in addition to nutrients, some gases – oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen. During movement, they form bubbles, which tend to burst and produce characteristic noise.
- Elevated protein in synovial fluid. This condition leads to its excessive density, which limits the ability of the synovium to provide sliding joints. It is most often provoked by excessive consumption of protein products or inflammatory processes.
- Excessive exercise. Constant motor activity contributes to the waste of synovial fluid, which is replenished after some time. Therefore, athletes so often experience a crunch in the whole body, which goes away on its own after rest.
I highly recommend: do not overdo it in power loads. It is necessary to alternate workouts with relaxation – this will help maintain health. After all, a physiological crunch can easily become pathological.
Causes of Pathological Crunch
Sometimes crunching joints can be one of the symptoms of some diseases. Which ones? Now I’ll tell you everything. There are several of them:
- Degenerative-dystrophic pathologies. These are all well-known diseases – osteochondrosis and osteoarthrosis, in which the destruction of cartilage tissue and the disappearance of natural lubrication occur. They are often accompanied by a crunch and pain. This pathology often occurs in old years (after 55), but it can also appear at an earlier age due to improper lifestyle, obesity, inactivity, previous injuries, heavy physical labor, and the presence of certain diseases.
- Arthritis. It is an inflammation of the joints that has an infectious, autoimmune or allergic nature. Together with a crunch, the following symptoms occur: pain, swelling, redness, and deformation. All this is accompanied by a violation of the motor function of the body. This pathology can lead to disability.
- Salt deposits. This phenomenon accompanies diseases of the endocrine system and diseases that provoke metabolic disorders.
All these pathologies are characterized by the presence of crunch in the joints. If you notice other symptoms besides him, consult your doctor immediately.
Methods of struggle
Of course, if you have one of the above pathologies, my advice will not help. It is necessary to find out why joints crackle in the whole body, and only then get rid of this trouble. In making the correct diagnosis, only an experienced specialist will help you. My recommendations are for those who wish to reduce physiological crunch. So, I advise you to adhere to such rules:
Daily exercise. Moderately, without overload. Swimming is >
So, we found out that in most cases, a crack in the joints should not scare you, because it is a natural process. If other symptoms are added to it (especially pain) – you need to seek help from a doctor.
And finally, I want to recommend a wonderful video course for losing weight after 40 years, “Slim body after 40 years.”
Learn more about the course »»
And I want to wish you: be always healthy and in excellent physical shape. Subscribe to my updates and leave your comments.
Crunching of joints all over the body: causes, treatment
Almost every second person experiences joint problems today. However, these people do not always attach great importance to such a state. But in vain. If you hear a crunch in the joints, then there are certain problems in the body. Naturally, you need to find out why it appears and how to deal with it.
Causes of the disease
– Wear and tear of bone joints.
– Deposition of large amounts of salts in the joints. Bad habits, low mobility and unhealthy food contribute to this.
– Hypermobility or improper joint structure.
– The inflammatory process in the muscles that provide movement of a joint.
If joints crackle throughout the body, then there are problems in the body that need to be addressed. To do this, it is worth being examined by doctors.
What are the symptoms of pathology?
1. Actually crunching and clicking in the joint during its bending or extension.
2. Fast fatiguability.
3. Painful sensations at the lesion site.
4. Difficulties in movement.
Damage to the joint can also be characterized by swelling or swelling.
Features of diagnosis of the disease
Even if clicking in your knee or elbow does not bother you or you do not feel pain, you should still consult a doctor. The longer you drag out, the stronger the disease will develop, which contributes to bone destruction.
The specialist will not only listen to your complaints, but also conduct a thorough examination. He must find out the nature of the crunch, its duration. In addition, the doctor will prescribe an X-ray examination, which will show how badly the joint is damaged, and will also help determine the cause of the problem.
You may have to take blood and urine tests to determine the amount of salt in the body. In principle, the definition of this pathology does not require a lot of time or the use of expensive equipment. You need to contact an orthopedist, rheumatologist and surgeon.
What diseases does the crunch indicate?
1. Circulatory disorders. Bad habits, wearing uncomfortable shoes contribute to this.
2. Gonarthrosis. This disease is characterized by the deposition of a large amount of salts in the joint. It is able to progress, especially in those people who have a large body weight.
3. Arthritis. This pathology is characterized by an inflammatory process inside the joint. In this case, symptoms such as redness at the site of the lesion, the appearance of a tumor, and also a change in body temperature can be noted.
4. Meniscopathy. In this case, we are talking about damage to the sickle cartilage, which is located inside the joint of the bones.
In any case, if you do not take up the treatment of the problem immediately, you can expect serious complications.
How to treat the disease with traditional methods?
If your joints crackle throughout your body, then the disease that caused the problem is progressing, and you need to see a doctor urgently. Naturally, he will prescribe some medications that will help to eliminate the inflammatory process and pain, for example: Fastum Gel, Chondroxide, Diclofenac. In addition, you will have to take those medicines that will help restore the structure of the cartilage (the main active ingredient of such medicines is glucosamine sulfate).
Naturally, it is necessary to reduce the physical load on the affected joint of the bones. Otherwise, the joint will continue to wear out. Consider, if the joints crackle throughout the body, then the disease can already be severely started. In this case, the doctor may prescribe serious hormonal drugs. Of course, they have side effects.
In order to limit the mobility of diseased joints, the patient is prescribed to wear special bandages or fixing bandages. To accelerate the effect of therapy, doctors practice injections inside the joint.
Is surgery necessary?
If your joints crackle severely and you feel pain, but you think that it is not necessary to see a doctor, you should be aware that you are very mistaken. If the disease progresses, then the stiffness of the movements can go into a complete lack of ability to move. Only the operation will help to correct this state of things. For implantation, organic materials or plastic, which is fully compatible with the tissues of the human body, are used.
Physiotherapy to help
The causes of joint diseases can be different. For example, trauma or pathology of the musculoskeletal system. The problem can be eliminated not only with the help of traditional and radical methods. Physiotherapy will also be useful. First of all, electrophoresis, physiotherapy exercises and manual therapy will be useful. All these procedures are combined using various orthopedic devices that can fix the affected joint, as well as reduce the load on it.
As for massage, you can do it yourself. The procedure takes only 15 minutes. All techniques should be repeated a maximum of 6 times. However, if after the procedure you feel more pain than before, then the massage should be stopped. During this therapy, several techniques are used: rubbing, circular movements. Naturally, you can use special technical devices. However, they can cause severe pain. The choice is yours.
Physical therapy for crunch treatment
Gymnastics is the main way to relieve too much stress on the affected joints. Naturally, even if you hear a crunch, you should not think that you need to millet to sit down and eat pills. It is necessary to move. Of course, gymnastics should be gentle, and movements should be smooth.
You can do exercises at any time. For example, in the morning, without getting out of bed, make a “bicycle” or “scissors”. You can also pull your legs bent at the knees to your chest. This will help you wake up, activate and prepare your joints for movement.
If you have a sedentary job, then you can do gymnastics right on the chair. For example, turning your head, tilting to the sides, active hand movements with the use of the shoulder girdle will help you activate your musculoskeletal system. In addition, you can even stretch your legs forward and make a bicycle.
If the joints begin to hurt after doing the exercises, then stop and rest. Do not rush or overexert affected joints.
Features of food
Of course, the treatment of crunch in the joints must be comprehensive. That is, you have to abandon bad habits and unhealthy food. For example, exclude fatty, fried, and smoked dishes from the menu. Try to opt for foods that contain fiber.
Sweets are also desirable to limit. There is nothing useful in them. Your diet should be enriched with vitamins and minerals that are used to build bones and cartilage. Limit salt intake, as it tends to be deposited in the joints and hamper their movement.
Be sure to take multivitamins with calcium.
Prevention of pathology
Now we will understand what needs to be done so that the problem does not appear. First of all, taking care of your own health is necessary from childhood. To help you protect yourself from a crunch in the joints, these tips will help:
1. Drink more water and fresh fruit juices.
2. Try to eat right.
3. Eat more vegetable oils, pumpkin and sesame seeds.
3. Be sure to lose weight. Naturally, it negatively affects the joints, as it contributes to their deformation due to too much stress.
4. Do not carry bags or objects that are too heavy. Also, one should not move too sharply. Otherwise, cartilage will wear out faster.
5. Active joint is necessary for healthy joints. Naturally, you should not engage in physical education until the seventh sweat. However, you can’t sit still. If your hip joint is crunching, then take walks, ride a bike, run, breathe fresh air and go hiking.
6. If you like to crack joints, then give up this habit. The fact is that this injures the cartilage and contributes to their deformation.
If you still hear a crunch, then visit the doctors as soon as possible. Perhaps there is no pathology, but it must be warned.
That’s all the features of the development and treatment of crunch in the joints. Take care of your health and enjoy free movement without pain and stiffness.
The appearance of unpleasant symptoms in the joints during movement is a serious reason for going to the doctor, especially if the joints crackle. Why this happens and what treatment should be resorted to, we will consider in this material.
Any joint is a complex mechanism that makes many movements daily. His design is designed so that he can make these endless movements and at the same time not fail. However, sometimes for physiological and sometimes pathological reasons, disorders occur that lead to deformation and destruction of tissues.
If the crunch during movement is not accompanied by other disturbing signs: pain, swelling or redness, do not worry. Most likely, the physiological moments became the causes of the creak in the joint:
- weak ligaments;
- high physical activity;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- a high percentage of protein in the intraarticular fluid;
- excess weight;
- the formation of gas bubbles inside the joint.
With sprain, the position of the articular surfaces changes and a characteristic crunch arises. In this case, the pressure inside the bag drops, which contributes to the appearance of air bubbles, which burst, also crack.
After training with an increased load, the synovial fluid does not have time to recover, so a crunch occurs when the surfaces touch. Any of these causes does not require treatment, however, measures should be taken to strengthen the ligamentous apparatus so that pathologies do not arise in the future.
Especially often, such causes arise in adolescence, when the body undergoes changes. Over time, they will pass on their own, however, drinking a course of vitamins and taking care of the general health of the teenager will not hurt.
In athletes, crackling often appears due to a large load or untreated injuries. Doctors recommend that they control the load and drink chondroprotectors in courses to activate the restoration of joints and increase their resistance to pressure.
In addition to physiological, there are pathological causes of the crunch of all joints or one. These include:
- deviations in the structure of the joint, in which biomechanical processes are disturbed. This leads to an incorrect position of the ligaments or non-matching of the parts, which, when moving, are in contact and may even extend beyond the joint;
- excessive joint mobility, also provided by congenital pathologies. Depending on how much the deviation from the norm, consequences arise;
- salt deposits, they occur due to metabolic disorders and improper nutrition and water quality. In this case, the bones become harder, and mineral deposits can form on the surface of the cartilage and muscles, which cause crunching of joints throughout the body;
- injuries resulting in cracks and other joint damage. The resulting swelling and inflammation reduce joint mobility and cause crunching and pain;
- arthrosis, manifested in wear of the joints, it is more often observed on the knee, shoulder joint, elbow and toes. The cartilage wears out, there are growths on the bones, which, on contact, crunch, while the movement is accompanied by pain;
- arthritis, in which inflammation of the tissues of the joint occurs, as a result of which the joint gap decreases and any movement is accompanied by cracking.
Why are joints still crunching? The cause may be other diseases, for example, bursitis, tendonitis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis or hernia of the spine and others.
When should I go to the doctor?
Since the causes of crunching are different, it is important to establish them correctly. So, in a situation where the crunch is not accompanied by unpleasant symptoms and does not bother, you should reconsider your lifestyle and, for example, slightly reduce physical activity or, conversely, begin to perform exercises.
It should be worried in cases where an incomprehensible sound is accompanied by other disturbing symptoms:
- pain, especially during movement;
- a progressive character, that is, the crunch began to appear more often or spread to other joints;
- stiffness of movements;
- lack of a refractory period;
- skin redness;
- swelling and fever of the skin;
- severe crackling.
What should I do if at least one of these symptoms is detected, and especially aching pain? Seek medical attention at once: arthrologist, orthopedist or rheumatologist. In extreme cases, you can go to the therapist or traumatologist, they will conduct an initial examination and will be sent to narrow specialists.
The doctor will listen to the patient’s complaints, examine the affected joint and evaluate the amplitude of its movement. To clarify the diagnosis, he will appoint tests and laboratory tests. Blood and urine tests are prescribed to identify the causes of the inflammatory process and, possibly, infection.
As diagnostic methods are used:
- X-ray, in which the joint is translucent with special rays, allowing you to see the position and condition of the bones, but does not give a clear image of soft tissues, for example, muscles;
- Ultrasound allows you to examine the joint and identify abnormalities in its structure, however, it does not show slight changes;
- MRI gives a complete picture of the condition of the patient’s joint, the presence of changes in bone, cartilage and muscle tissue. However, the procedure is expensive, and the device is not available in every city;
- Computed tomography gives similar indications about the articular-ligamentous apparatus, allowing you to detect pathological processes;
- Arthroscopy is used when it is necessary to take a sample of synovial fluid or to examine the joint from the inside. For her, two small incisions are made, through which the instruments and the camera penetrate, the doctor takes a fluid sample, simultaneously studying the structure of the joint.
How to treat joint crunch
Having decided why the joints crackle, you can begin to treat them. Therapy will depend on the disease causing the unusual sound. Joint crunch treatment can occur conservatively or promptly. The latter method is used when traditional methods are ineffective or the disease is already greatly progressing. Operations are also used for some types of injuries.
If possible, doctors prescribe conservative treatment, including:
- taking medicines;
- therapeutic exercises;
- a diet.
Moreover, they are usually used in combination. First of all, it is necessary to assess the state of your health and get rid of provoking factors:
- excess weight;
- reduce physical activity or, conversely, start doing exercises;
- periodically do a little workout;
- comply with safety rules when playing sports;
- adhere to proper nutrition;
- wear comfortable shoes;
- try to keep your posture;
- Do not stand for a long time.
Drug therapy includes taking the following drugs:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- preparations based on hyaluronic acid;
- painkillers to eliminate aching pain;
- vitamin complexes and other things.
The doctor can expand the list, he also recommends dosage and rules for taking medication. Vitamins are not prescribed as a drug, but rather as a means to maintain normal metabolism.
Since a person has a need for all vitamins, as well as a large list of minerals, it is better to use vitamin-mineral complexes. However, it is worth remembering that taking them for a long time is harmful, this can lead to hypervitaminosis and other consequences.
In almost any violation of the ligamentous apparatus, physiotherapy exercises are recommended. The doctor prescribes a set of exercises that need to be done daily for 10-30 minutes. Moreover, exercises are developed on the whole body so that all joints work, only the emphasis is on the affected area, for example, the shoulder.
Why do joints crackle throughout my body, and what should I do?
If the joints crackle throughout the body, the causes may be hidden, both in the physiological characteristics of a person and in the development of pathological changes. A disturbing sound appears in people of different age categories, from infants to gray-bearded “elders”. An incomprehensible phenomenon is sometimes accompanied by pain, and at times is detected without extraneous signs. But be that as it may, you need to thoroughly understand why the joints crackle in the whole body.
1 Joint hypermobility syndrome. Due to the weakness of the mobile connection.
It is often registered in young children, adolescents, young girls under 25 years of age. Young patients, accustomed to their beyond the scope of anatomical capabilities, often do not know about the diagnosis. Parents are more worried, trying to understand why a child can hear a crunch in all joints. The reason is the imbalance that occurs if bone and muscle tissues form at different speeds. The situation does not require special treatment, except for strengthening the muscle corset. By the way, beautiful gymnasts, swimmers, ballet dancers grow out of children with hypermobility of joints.
2 Offset support components.
With a weak muscle corset, motor activity changes the position of the ligaments and tendons that support the joints. The return of connective tissue formations to their original position is accompanied by a feeling that they are cracking.
3 Bubbles of gas.
The surfaces of the articulating bones are enclosed in an articular cavity filled with synovial fluid. Biological substance contains dissolved carbon dioxide. When moving, the joint bag stretches, the chemical element is released and takes the form of a bubble. The collapse of gas bubbles is accompanied by clearly distinguishable clicks, similar to bone crunching.
4 Sports activities.
If the bones crackle all over the body after weight training, it means that the person has started the exercises incorrectly. Any workout requires a preliminary warm-up and a smooth transition to increased loads.
1 Violation of collagen synthesis.
Fibrillar protein is the main component of cartilage fibers and ligaments. Connective tissue, of insufficient strength, cannot protect the surfaces of articulating bone structures from collision. Therefore, during movement, it seems that the whole body is crunching. Pathology is congenital or acquired in nature. In the first case, the culprit is a mutated gene that is inherited. In the second, it is necessary to exclude diseases of the liver, the cells of which synthesize the vital protein.
2 Insufficient production and reduction of the qualitative properties of synovial fluid.
The function of the elastic mass is to provide natural lubrication to the surfaces of the mating bones encircled by the cartilaginous tissue to prevent injury. The failure in the production process is due to fault:
sedentary lifestyle, including sedentary work; peak physical exertion; imbalance of fluid in the body with kidney disease.
Crunch in all joints is a direct symptom, indicating an insufficient amount of hyaluron. The component provides synovial fluid viscosity and elasticity. In such cases, the bones crackle without pain, but the risk of developing arthrosis is increased.
3 The accumulation of salts.
In joints clogged with uric acid crystals, the elasticity of the connective tissues and ligaments is reduced. Initially, a characteristic crunch is heard in the foci of the cluster, then inflammation joins.
4 Osteoarthrosis is a chronic type of disease.
It develops due to damage to the initially healthy cartilage of the joint. It leads to degenerative-dystrophic changes, and subsequently to the complete destruction of all elements of the bone-cartilage apparatus. As you progress, all affected joints not only crackle, but also hurt.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Seeking medical help
To the question of what to do if bones are constantly crunching. The main thing is not to postpone the examination, so as not to miss the development of the pathological process.
Which doctor will be contacted by a general practitioner or general practitioner who will collect diagnostic information and prescribe basic tests. According to the results of laboratory (analysis of blood, urine) and hardware (radiography, ultrasound) studies will redirect to a narrow specialist: rheumatologist, arthrologist, orthopedist.
After identifying the etiological factor, treatment begins directly with the elimination of the underlying disease. If the cause of articular crunch is the development of a pathological process, the therapeutic complex usually includes:
non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Aertal) – stop pain attacks and inflammation; ointments for topical application with a warming effect – Viprosal, Gevkamen, Indovazin – reduce the intensity of pain; microcirculation correctors and angioprotectors (Pentoxifylline, Actovegin) – improve blood supply to periarticular tissues; chondroprotectors (chondroitin, glucosamine) – prevent the destruction of articular cartilage, stimulate regeneration processes; used in tablet form and as injections for intraarticular or intramuscular administration; hyaluronic acid (injected into the joint cavity) – improves the quality of the synovial fluid, normalizes the water balance in the intercellular matrix of connective and cartilage tissues.
In order not to crack joints, the problem area is fixed with orthopedic appliances, or with an elastic bandage.
Joint crunch treatment should not be based on regular swallowing of pills only. Need to reconsider your lifestyle:
reduce excessive physical activity; get rid of extra pounds; balance the diet in favor of foods rich in minerals and vitamins; provide the body with the necessary amount of fluid (2 – 3 liters per day); strengthen muscle tissue.
Dosed loads will ensure proper functioning of the joints. But everything should be within reason. Active sports and strength training are best excluded. Ideal options are hiking and a little warm-up in the fresh air. If professional duties doom to immobility, it is necessary to take short breaks and perform simple gymnastics.
Alternative medicine has in its arsenal considerable experience in treating articular crunch with folk remedies.
Preservation of cartilage. 1 tsp edible gelatin pour chilled boiled water (70 ml), stir, leave overnight to swell. In the morning, eat a jelly-like mass before eating. To avoid constipation, you can add jelly to your favorite yogurt.
With inflammatory processes in the joints, place a spruce or cedar cone in a thermos, pour 250 ml of boiled water. After 8 hours, the infusion is ready to drink 100 ml every day before breakfast.
Joint crunch in adolescents
In adolescence, a frequent phenomenon is observed when the joints of a teenager crackle. Often this is due to the uneven growth of bones and internal organs, physical inactivity, or, conversely, increased physical activity. In the absence of pain and discomfort, crunching in the joints is due to foods rich in vitamins and calcium, moderate sports and a healthy lifestyle.
Why do joints crackle?
In adolescence, some children may show joint hypermobility, accompanied by a crunch. This phenomenon is associated with an uneven growth of tissues and organs during the transition period. If a person is healthy, the joints work without noise and discomfort. Clicking during movement is a sign of a structural disorder. In adolescents, joints crackle for the following reasons:
Joint mobility hypermobility
An abnormal congenital structural feature that enables the joint to take a position that is distinguishable from the norm. The cause of this phenomenon is considered weak connective tissue. Hypermobility is painless, however, when the joint returns to its original position, a teenager has a crunch. A similar phenomenon takes on the nature of pathology with pain and frequent dislocations.
Congenital defects of the pineal glands and tendons can cause mismatch of the articular surfaces in a teenager. This is manifested by a crunch and a click – biomechanical disturbances. With small deviations in adolescence, there will be no serious failures: it will be limited to noise and discomfort. But in the future, such a congenital defect becomes the cause of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which are especially pronounced during hard work or physical exertion during training.
Teenagers at school sit in the same position for a long time. This leads to an increased load on some parts of the body – the neck, limbs, etc. Muscles become numb, tense, adjacent joints and cartilage overwork, sometimes even become inflamed. This contributes to the appearance of a crunch, which most often occurs with a sharp change in body position. There will be no particular harm, since the young body quickly restores the state of cartilage and muscles. But with a tendency to joint diseases, their overload can provoke the development of an undesirable ailment.
Result of injury
Tears or fractures can cause inflammation, which causes deforming neoplasms. If the bone is curved, the accuracy of the fit is reduced, bones crack when walking or running. Adolescents are highly likely to restore the smoothness of the pineal glands, however, sometimes even after treatment, the crunch persists.
Symptoms of pathological crunch
The body of a teenager is growing rapidly, and it happens that some organs do not keep up with others. Of course, it is highly likely that by the age of 18-20 the crunch will disappear by itself, but parents should be wary of the following manifestations:
- a click is heard in one joint, for example, knees or pelvic bones crackle;
- the skin around the articular joint reddened and swollen;
- during extension or flexion of a limb, a characteristic click is heard;
- the child complains of discomfort;
- the joint crunches for a long time.
Symptoms of this kind can be consulted by a physician, orthopedist or arthrologist to rule out unpleasant diagnoses such as arthrosis or rheumatoid arthritis.
In case of discomfort, it is better to consult a doctor. Most often, for the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes:
- articulation x-ray;
- general urine and blood tests;
- C-reactive protein analysis;
- diagnosis of rheumatoid factor;
- Ultrasound of the heart to exclude rheumatism and joints to determine the volume of synovial fluid.
How to treat bone crunch in a teenager?
Based on the results of the tests, the doctor makes a decision about the need for treatment. Primary recommendations are often limited to a nutritious diet rich in calcium and vitamins, as well as heavy drinking to increase the volume of fluid in the joint. Physiotherapy exercises are useful, but increased loads will have to be postponed for a while. If a teenager complains of pain, it is possible to use medicines as prescribed by a doctor. Parents need to control the administration of drugs, prevent dosage changes and monitor the timely intake of tablets. Premature interruption of the treatment course can lead to disastrous consequences.
Good nutrition, moderate sports and a balance between activity and study will bring all joints to normal.
If a child spends a lot of time reading books or a computer, salt deposition can begin even in adolescence. In such cases, it is recommended to take physical breaks, walk, lead a more active life. Massage helps a lot: the specialist will stretch the problem areas. Adherents of folk remedies are recommended to check with the doctor the possibility of their use. Self-medication can harm a growing body.
Joints crunch in the whole body: causes, diagnosis and treatment
It is known that a sedentary lifestyle disrupts the work of all body systems, leads to obesity, early death.
Active, free movement requires healthy joints. It is they, in combination with muscles and ligaments, that make a person mobile. But what if the bone joints make various sounds and cause discomfort? What to do ? This will be discussed in this article.
Usually a person does not think about his health until the body begins to send “signals”. For example, getting out of bed, bending down to lift weights – he hears a crunch in the legs, arms, shoulders, spine. Such sounds are alarming. The moment comes to sort things out.
Joints are crunching – is there a reason for concern?
Crunching in moving joints of bones throughout the body is a serious reason not to remain inactive and to seek advice from doctors of a narrow specialization: orthopedist, rheumatologist, and traumatologist. Especially if this crunch is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- Restriction of mobility due to pain after fitness.
- Long aching pains in all joints.
- Pain, accompanied by a crunch, with normal walking.
- Discomfort when descending and climbing stairs.
Why should these symptoms alert the person? Because they can be caused by certain diseases or can be a prerequisite for a particular illness.
If a person has aches and aching pain in all the continuous bone joints, a rheumatologist can diagnose an autoimmune disease. Sometimes the cause is rheumatism, which gradually affects all joints.
After forty years, in the presence of debilitating pains, rheumatoid arthritis in an aggressive form or in the stage of exacerbation is detected.
Osteoporosis is a disease accompanied by damage to the connective tissue. It leads to limited mobility, deformation.
Undesirable symptoms can cause: infectious diseases – flu, rubella; blood disease – leukemia in acute and chronic form.
Even poisoning with toxins or elementary physical overwork sometimes provokes crunch and pain.
Usually a person is ready for the fact that throughout his life he has pain. But when a crunch appears, clicks, and even in the whole body – this is a new phenomenon that requires an answer.
Crunch and clicks – what are they talking about?
It can be considered the norm when such sounds appear from case to case. But if this phenomenon becomes constant and extensive, it is important to find out what it indicates.
Crunch and other sounds are divided into congenital and acquired. Congenital accompany young people, especially women. In their body, altered collagen is produced. This substance has the ability to stretch.
Acquired crunch is observed in people with diseases of the musculoskeletal system. For example, mild clicks in infants can be a harbinger of such diseases: Osgood Schlaterra, gonarthrosis, polyarthritis.
What is characteristic of a crunch without pain
Physiological crunch does not require specialist attention. Pathological, accompanied by redness and swelling around the joint, indicates problems. Getting advice in this case is simply necessary.
What causes one and the other condition?
Physiological crunch occurs due to:
- Carbon dioxide accumulated in the joint cavity, when the joint moves, begins to move. There is a crunch.
- Hypermobility of joints in more mature age. Bypassing the puberty, the joints retain strong mobility.
- The articular ligaments rub against the pineal gland during sharp movements.
Pathological crunch occurs due to:
- Salt accumulates in the synovial fluid. The surface of the joints becomes rough. When rubbing against each other, on ligaments – this kind of sounds arise.
- If there is an injury in the history, age after forty – this indicates that the cartilage of the articular surface could wear out. Arthrosis may develop, and it affects the joints: elbows, hips, ankles, knees.
- In the presence of multiple injuries, cracks persist, the meniscus is damaged. Ultimately, post-traumatic arthrosis may develop.
- The onset of the inflammatory process in various parts of the joints throughout the body: tendon – tendonitis, synovial bag – bursitis, articular surface – arthritis.
What happens in the human body at this moment?
If crunching, clicks have a physiological form, then they occur only when the body position changes and do not cause severe discomfort and pain. This can be taken calmly.
With a pathological crunch, a person notes discomfort during movement and loud clicks, a crunch. There is pain, it is accompanied by:
- Redness around the joint.
- Stiffness and restriction of movement.
- An increase in body temperature.
These symptoms should alert the person and prompt them to seek help.
How dangerous is this?
If inflammatory processes are not eliminated, they will lead to a violation of bone tissue, depletion of cartilage. The body in response will show a compensatory reaction – the growth of bone tissue, which will lead to joint deformation. This may result in disability.
The success of treatment depends on an accurate diagnosis.
- Medical examination.
- Ultrasound of the abdominal organs: kidneys, liver, gall bladder – for the presence of pathologies. These organs are involved in the production of synovial fluid and collagen.
- Arthroscopy or ultrasound.
- Computed or magnetic resonance imaging.
- Problematic bone joints are examined using radiography.
- A blood test for the presence of rheumatoid factor.
Such a diagnosis will make it possible to accurately diagnose and prescribe treatment.
Therapy depends on the diagnosis, but basically the treatment takes place according to one scheme:
- Anesthetize. There is a wide range of drugs that are prescribed topically: ointment, gel; inside – tablets; intramuscularly and intravenously – injections.
- To remove the inflammatory process. Apply non-steroidal anti-inflammatory: ointments, tablets, injections.
- Relieve muscle tension. Apply topically ointment and gel containing warming substances
- Relieve swelling. Use hormonal drugs.
- Restore cartilage tissue. Ointments, tablets with chondroitin are recommended.
- Recover articular fluid. Prescribe injections of synovial fluid substitutes.
- Mandatory – B vitamins and calcium.
- Provide peace to the joints. Have more rest. Use elastic bandages, retainers.
- Do not stay in one position for a long time to avoid swelling. After a few hours, change position.
- After the course of treatment, metered therapeutic exercises and swimming in the pool are effective. They help strengthen cartilage.
Everyone can take care of themselves in advance, about the condition of the musculoskeletal system.
- From time to time, allow joints to relax, reducing excessive stress.
- With a sedentary lifestyle – do joint gymnastics.
- Do not expose joints to hypothermia.
- Purchase orthopedic shoes or shoes with arch support, which will protect against traumatic effects.
- If there is a problem, avoid extreme sports.
- Healthy eating and healthy lifestyle.
By observing all these rules, you can reduce cracking in the joints and prevent the development of unwanted diseases.