Daily exercise of physiotherapy exercises with breast osteochondrosis is the most effective way to treat it. At the initial stage of the development of the disease, regular training often allows you to completely abandon the use of drugs. Due to the strengthening of the back muscles, the patient’s well-being quickly improves – the pain in the chest and stiffness of movements disappear. An exercise therapy doctor is present at the first lessons, tells how to do exercises and dose loads correctly.
- In what cases can exercises with breast osteochondrosis help?
- Training Effectiveness
- General rules of physiotherapy
- Warm up before exercise.
- A set of exercises for osteochondrosis of the chest
- Sitting on a chair
- Lying on his back
- Standing on all fours
- For two
- Spinal Stretch Complex
- In acute form of pathology
- Stretching after class
In what cases can exercises with breast osteochondrosis help?
Neurologists, vertebrologists refer patients with thoracic osteochondrosis to the exercise therapy doctor immediately after the elimination of severe pain. The stage of the pathology course does not matter. But it must be taken into account by the exercise therapy doctor when drawing up a set of exercises. The more pronounced damage to the intervertebral discs and vertebrae, the more carefully the physical activity is dosed.
Physical therapy classes, as a method of therapy, are especially useful for the already developed complications of thoracic osteochondrosis. Performing exercises and daily exercise help get rid of shortness of breath, pain in the heart, a sensation of soreness and a “coma” in the throat. It is also recommended for patients with progressive osteochondrosis extending to the cervical discs.
Daily exercises contribute to increased range of motion in the thoracic spine, the elimination of muscle cramps. And after doing stretching exercises, the distance between adjacent discs and vertebrae increases. They stop squeezing the spinal roots, which allows you not to fear the appearance of acute, piercing pain. What positive changes are still taking place:
- jumps in blood pressure, panic attacks, dizziness, often resulting from pinching of the vertebral arteries, disappear;
- muscles of not only the thoracic region, but also the entire back, as well as the neck and shoulder girdle are strengthened;
- ventilation of the lungs improves, which allows patients not to be afraid of the appearance of pain with a deep breath;
- blood circulation in the region of vertebral structures affected by osteochondrosis is accelerated, nutrient reserves are replenished;
- correct posture is formed, physiological curves of the spine are restored.
Physical therapy classes are indicated not only for patients with osteochondrosis. They are recommended for people who are at risk for premature disk failure. As a rule, their work is associated with a long stay in one position of the body.
General rules of physiotherapy
Only compliance with all the rules of therapeutic exercises will help to achieve the expected result. This is due to irreversible changes in the discs and vertebrae that have already occurred in the thoracic region. It is necessary to dose loads so that strengthening the muscles of the back does not cause even more destruction of the vertebral structures. The following medical recommendations should be adhered to:
- perform warm-up before training, and after it – stretching;
- increase physical activity gradually, as muscle corset builds up;
- completely eliminate any sudden movements provoking microtrauma of the disks;
- Exercise daily, and skip workouts only because of poor health.
During classes, you need to listen to the sensations that arise. Pain, shortness of breath, dizziness become signals to stop training. And if certain movements lead to a pleasant sensation of muscle strain, then they need to be done more often – in 2, and sometimes in 3 approaches.
Warm up before exercise.
Before physical therapy, the same warm-up is carried out as before any sports training. You need to walk around the room, raising your knees high, perform shallow squats, turns to the sides, leaning forward and backward with a small amplitude. With sufficient physical preparation, LFK doctors recommend stretching movements at the beginning and at the end of classes.
A set of exercises for osteochondrosis of the chest
The first classes do not last longer than 15-20 minutes. The back muscles must adapt to the arising loads, so first you need to perform the simplest exercises. In the absence of discomfort, increased mobility of the chest, you can increase the training time to 30-40 minutes. And the exercise therapy doctor will include in the treatment complex complex, but also more effective exercises for osteochondrosis.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Sitting on a chair
Patients with breast osteochondrosis will not need a stool, but a chair. When performing some exercises, you need to focus on his back:
- sit in such a way that the shoulders and upper back are firmly pressed to the back of the chair. Try to bend back, arching the lower back, and then lean forward slightly;
- sit straight, put your hands on your shoulders. Try to lift them, resisting with your palms.
The number of approaches is from 5 to 10. Such exercises are often used with combined cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
Lying on his back
Even “neglected” joint problems can be cured at home! Just remember to smear it once a day.
With thoracic osteochondrosis of 2-3 severity, a small pillow will be required for classes, which should be put slightly above the lower back. What exercises are most effective:
- bend your legs at the knees, rest your feet on the floor. Raise your shoulders, trying to keep the neck motionless;
- legs straighten, arms spread apart. Raise one arm, start by the chest, trying to bring it as close to the floor surface as possible;
- straighten your legs, position your hands arbitrarily and, without using them, try to roll over first on one side, then on the other side.
Repeat exercises 10-15 times. As the muscles strengthen, pillows should be discarded.
Standing on all fours
It is convenient to do therapeutic exercises in a standing position on all fours on a dense gymnastic rug. With breast osteochondrosis, the following exercises are usually included in the complex:
- round the back, lowering the chin, and then bend it, lifting his head up;
- to sit, without taking his hands off the floor, to stretch in the lower back, to take the initial position of the body. Then straighten your legs, focusing on your hands, and once again bend well.
Perform exercises 7-10 times. In the position of maximum tension of the back muscles, it is delayed for 10-20 seconds.
Paired gymnastic exercises are conveniently performed during workouts that are conducted by an exercise therapy doctor. At home, you should take the help of one of the family members. What exercises are most useful for damage to the chest discs and vertebrae:
- sit down, spread your legs wide, rest your feet on the feet of the stalls. To hold hands, to bend in turn forward and backward;
- cuddle your backs, make a grip with your elbows. Perform shallow inclinations without greatly straining the back muscles;
- stand back to each other. Pass an object, such as a ball, first on the right and then on the left.
Repeat exercises 10 times. The effect of training is higher if the partner is about the same height and weight.
Spinal Stretch Complex
After the main complex is completed, it is necessary to do stretching exercises to strengthen, increase muscle elasticity, adapt to subsequent loads:
- sit on a chair, and preferably on a stool, clasp yourself in the chest, as if hugging. Try to get your hands behind your back;
- stand up, legs pressed against each other, make bends, trying to touch the forehead of the knees;
- lie down, bend one leg and put it behind the other, trying to touch the knee of the floor. Repeat the exercise in the opposite direction.
The number of approaches is arbitrary. When stretching, usually only pleasant feelings arise, so you can repeat them up to 20 times.
Patients with thoracic osteochondrosis often breathe superficially, which reduces the mobility of the rib-vertebral, sterno-costal joints. Such exercises will help to increase the volume of air during inhalation:
- sit straight, wrap the lower part of the chest with a narrow towel or scarf. Pulling the fabric with your hands, take deep breaths. At the maximum tension point, hold your breath for 5 seconds;
- sit down, raise your hands, clutching your fingers into the lock. Take a deep breath to tighten your abdominal muscles. When exhaling, bend first to one side, then to the other side. Inhale again, stretch up.
At the initial stage of training, you need to do exercises about 5 times because of the high probability of dizziness. Gradually, the number of approaches should be brought to 10-15.
In acute form of pathology
During relapse of thoracic osteochondrosis, acute pain occurs in the area of damaged discs. Any sharp, awkward movement can strengthen it. Therefore, doctors often do not recommend practicing in the acute period. If the pain is moderate, then the following exercises are allowed:
- lie on your stomach, stretch your arms to the side. Take a deep breath, slightly raise your head, arms. Hold in this position for 5 seconds, exhale, take a starting position;
- turn on your back, put your hands behind your head, stretch, straining the muscles of the back, neck, shoulder girdle;
- lie on your stomach, stretch your arms along the body, relax. Try to reduce the shoulder blades only due to muscle tension, and not movements of the arms or shoulders.
With exacerbation of osteochondrosis, you can repeat the exercises no more than 5 times. In this case, the movements should be smooth, slightly slowed down, without jerking.
Stretching after class
In the period of remission, stretching after the basis of the workout successfully replaces the vis on the horizontal bar, the crossbar for 5-10 minutes. You can also perform the following exercises:
sit s >
- standing on all fours, start your hand under the stomach, pull to the side, performing twisting. Repeat the exercise in the opposite direction.
Strengthening of the spinal muscles is facilitated by alternating, and then simultaneous lifting of arms and legs while lying on the stomach.
Acute, piercing pain in the back, extending to the hips and shoulder blades is an absolute contraindication for conducting classes. You can not perform exercises in such pathological conditions:
- tachycardia, bradycardia;
- severe dizziness, impaired coordination of movements;
- high or low blood pressure;
- respiratory, intestinal infections;
- elevated body temperature.
Training should be postponed in case of exacerbation of other chronic diseases. If a surgical operation has recently been performed, then the exercise is strictly prohibited.