When the pain in the shoulder joint is so strong that the hands cannot move comfortably, it is urgent to begin treatment. But to whom to go first?
Even slight pain in the arm brings discomfort and anxiety. And if the leading arm hurts, there are even more troubles. When the pain in the shoulder joint is so strong that the hands cannot move comfortably, it is urgent to begin treatment. But to whom to go and what to check first? Let’s get everything in order.
- Why can my shoulder hurt?
- Symptoms of Possible Diseases
- Diagnostics. Who will help relieve shoulder pain?
- Why is the cause of pain worth fighting?
- My shoulder hurts badly – what are the reasons, what should I do?
- Why shoulder hurts
- Diseases of the joint and periosteal elements
- Bursitis and tendobursitis
- Shoulder gland periatritis
- Arthrosis or arthritis
- Non joint pathologies
- Reflected pain
- Diagnosis and treatment
- Shoulder pain why the shoulder hurts, the cause of shoulder pain
- Acute shoulder pain
- Shoulder pain that lasts longer than a few days: causes
- Shoulder pain
- What causes shoulders to hurt?
- What kind of pain?
- How to understand what are the causes of discomfort in the shoulder?
- How is shoulder pain treated in the East?
- Should I self-medicate?
- How to avoid shoulder pain?
Why can my shoulder hurt?
The main factors that provoke discomfort in the shoulder are:
- Untreated joint injuries. A damaged tendon or cartilage continues to experience stress, leading to even greater tissue damage;
- Long heavy load on one side. Due to constant tension, inflammation in the tendon may begin;
- Improper posture. The spine is bent, the vertebrae and the joint of the shoulder may be deformed, in advanced cases, inflammation of the nerve fibers begins;
- Sedentary lifestyle. Blood circulation around the joint worsens, which can lead to destruction of the cartilage entering it.
Because of them, unpleasant sensations can appear even in a healthy person. However, pain can be caused not only by mechanical damage, but also by infection, inflammation and swelling. Pain in the shoulder joints often indicates the following diseases:
|Cervical osteochondrosis||Due to a pathologically changed spine, nerves are compressed and disrupt their work|
|Arthritis||Inflammation in itself brings pain, and in the case of a joint, it also limits mobility|
|Arthrosis||Due to the destruction of the cartilage, the joint structure is disrupted, which leads to inflammation and pain during movement|
|Tendonitis||A pathological condition in which tendons and other soft tissue structures surrounding the shoulder joint become inflamed|
|Capsule||On the inflamed area of the joint capsule is a constant effect of tendons and bones|
|Brachial neuritis||Inflammation in the nerve causes acute pain and disrupts the sensitivity of the arm|
|Bursitis||Inflammation around the joint causes discomfort during movement. Most often the synovial bag is affected. It performs an important function: it protects muscles and articular cartilage from damage during improper loading or overload. Prolonged irritation of the synovial bags leads to inflammation.|
|Tumors||Neoplasms limit mobility, inflammation spreads to neighboring areas and require early diagnosis|
|Hereditary pathologies||Many congenital diseases (for example, autoimmune processes or hypermobility of the joints) lead to the destruction of cartilage, inflammation of the joints and, as a result, acute pain|
|Infectious diseases||Dangerous microorganisms enter the joint through the blood, where they provoke inflammation and suppuration, especially in case of injuries|
Symptoms of Possible Diseases
Injuries – bruises, fractures – are the easiest to identify. In addition to being preceded by damage (for example, a fall), they have a fairly characteristic pain: sharp, aggravated by movement. In the event of a fracture, the arm completely loses its ability to move.
With osteochondrosis, the pain is initially aching and weak, but in the absence of treatment, it will intensify. It can spread to the whole arm, numbness and tingling of the fingers will begin.
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joint. Often it is observed on both shoulders at the same time, but can develop on the one hand. The sick area swells, becomes inactive. The pain is sharp, almost unbearable.
Arthrosis is usually seen in older people. Cartilage is destroyed, which leads to a violation of the structure of the entire joint, inflammation of the synovial fluid and weakening of the ligaments. Pain in the shoulder joint intensifies when lifting weights or active movement. Also, the patient feels discomfort with pressure on the clavicle or scapula.
Tendonitis – an inflammation of the tendons – occurs with an excessive load on the limb. For example, with constant sports. The pain can be either aching or sharp. The main symptom is the suddenness of each attack. The mobility of the arm is also reduced.
Joint capsule inflammation – capsulitis – a very rare disease. With him, severe aching pain is felt not only in the shoulder, but also in the neck and upper back. The sensations are so sharp that the hand cannot be raised or brought back.
With neuritis of the brachial nerve, the patient experiences acute sudden pain that passes through the entire shoulder. It can be confused with arthritis or tendonitis, but the joints themselves are completely healthy at the same time: the problem is in the inflamed nerve.
Persistent pain that does not go away for several weeks is a sign of bursitis. This inflammation of the periarticular bag is a dangerous process that, without treatment, can become chronic.
In infections, the pain resembles arthritis: the joint begins to become inflamed and collapse. And do not forget that the shoulder can give pain from internal organs: with coronary heart disease, pancreatitis, pneumonia.
Diagnostics. Who will help relieve shoulder pain?
This depends primarily on the cause of the disease. If you hurt or dislocated your shoulder, contact your traumatologist. Neuritis and osteochondrosis are diagnosed and treated by a neurologist. Joint and tendon problems – arthritis, tendonitis, arthrosis – are treated by a surgeon and a rheumatologist.
Well, if you are concerned not only with shoulder pain, but also with a general deterioration, visit:
- therapist – he will determine the circle of specialists who should be consulted first. This will allow you to diagnose faster;
- oncologist – the cause of pain can be a malignant neoplasm;
- cardiologist – in case of heart disease;
- gastroenterologist – if pain from the gastrointestinal tract passes into the shoulder.
Most likely, several doctors will have to go through to accurately establish the diagnosis. In this case, depending on the disease, you may be prescribed:
- X-ray of the joint or entire arm,
- MRI of the shoulder joint
- X-ray or MRI of the spine,
- Ultrasound of the joint,
- general blood count, ECG, etc. (determined by the therapist).
If everything is in order with the joint, and the shoulder hurts due to pathologies, then you, depending on the reason, will be sent to:
- blood tests for genital infections.
Why is the cause of pain worth fighting?
Even if it seems to you that now the pain is not strong and does not worsen your well-being, remember that the lack of treatment always leads to bad consequences. And since in this case there can be many different causes of pain, it is impossible to predict what exactly awaits you in a few years.
For example, a bruise will pass by itself, without outside help. But more serious injuries cannot be cured without a specialist. All pathological processes of the joints will lead to a complete loss of motion and can eventually spread to the whole body. Heart and lung diseases have serious complications that greatly reduce life expectancy. And oncology is still being successfully treated, and only at the initial stages. Remember that a doctor visited on time can save you from the consequences.
And do not forget about the simple prevention, about which we regularly talk: a moving lifestyle, proper posture, lack of hypothermia, a comfortable berth. These simple rules will save you not only from joint pain, but also from many other unpleasant diseases.
My shoulder hurts badly – what are the reasons, what should I do?
The shoulder joint is one of the most complex in the human body in its functions and structure. He can perform many different movements, but often undergoes inflammation and degenerative processes. If the shoulder hurts greatly, the causes of discomfort are very diverse. In most cases, the pain syndrome is associated with joint pathologies, but sometimes it can have a reflected character, that is, appear against the background of diseases of the cervical spine. Why is a person concerned about pain and how to be in such a situation – read about this in our article.
Why shoulder hurts
The shoulder joint is the most mobile. Its ability to move up, to the side or down is determined by the spherical shape and feature of the joint capsule, which, due to its width, provides sufficient space for the movements made. On all sides, the joint is surrounded by a large accumulation of muscles, ligaments, articular cartilage, which under certain conditions can be damaged and cause discomfort.
Depending on the location of the lesion, all causes of pain in the shoulders are conditionally divided into two groups:
- pathology of the joint and periarticular elements;
- diseases and phenomena not related to joint damage.
Below we consider in more detail all of these factors.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Diseases of the joint and periosteal elements
With tendonitis, inflammation of the muscle tendons occurs, which can be localized in different places – in the biceps, periosteum or hypodermic muscle. Most often, pathology affects physical workers and athletes, that is, those who, due to their professional activities, are forced to perform the same type of hand movements. The disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- shoulder pain when raising the arm or moving it to the side;
- increased discomfort at night;
- reduction of pain at rest;
- decreased mobility of the upper limb.
With tendovaginitis, the synovial membrane of the vagina of the muscle tendon becomes inflamed. The disease can be professional or infectious, associated with the ingestion of pathogenic microflora into the body. The clinical picture largely depends on the form of the disease. In particular, with the acute nature of development, a swelling occurs at the site of the lesion, arm movements are limited, and in the presence of a purulent infection, chills appear and the temperature rises. In the chronic form, the symptoms are not so pronounced, but the patient is worried about swelling and stiffness of the limb.
Bursitis and tendobursitis
These diseases are characterized as an inflammatory process in the joint bag (bursitis) or inflammation simultaneously in the bag and adjacent tendons (tendon bursitis). With any of the pathologies, a person complains of acute pain, which interferes with active movements and gives to the neck. As a rule, both ailments are the result of traumatic injuries, salt deposits, constant mechanical irritation.
Shoulder gland periatritis
This disease is sometimes called a “frozen shoulder”, because with its development the patient is not able to fully move the shoulder joint. With the appearance of human pathology, aching pain in the shoulder is disturbing, which intensifies when trying to move the limb. In the later stages, the patient cannot dress, cook, drive a car and do other things familiar to a healthy person.
Arthrosis or arthritis
Arthritis and arthrosis of various kinds are a frequent source of pain associated with damage to the internal structure of the joint. Diseases differ among themselves for developmental reasons, but have similar symptoms:
- pain in the arm between the shoulder and elbow, which become more intense when moving;
- increased pain during palpation or light touch;
- impaired mobility of the arm.
Non joint pathologies
Having found out why the shoulder joints hurt, let’s move on to diseases that are not related to the joint structures. The most common ones are:
- Myositis is an inflammation of the shoulder muscles that occurs after staying in drafts, physical exertion or when an infection enters the body. In addition to soreness, with the development of the inflammatory process, swelling, redness of the skin can appear, often a seal is felt on the affected area of the muscles.
- Spinal pathologies – these include a hernia of the intervertebral disc, spondylitis, osteochondrosis, spondylolisthesis. Any of these diseases can not only affect the spinal column, but also give pain in the shoulder region.
- Brachial nerve neuritis is a neurological disease in which a person complains of “lumbago” in the upper arm. The disease more often occurs in the right shoulder, and the causes of its development are viruses, infections, hypothermia, constant loads on the limb, injuries.
- Plexitis is a lesion of the nerve plexuses, in which there is a blanching of the skin of the hand, loss of sensitivity, pain, worse when you click on the area below the clavicle.
- Rheumatism is a systemic disease affecting various parts of the body, including the upper limbs.
As mentioned above, sometimes the reasons why the shoulder hurts are pains that radiate to the shoulder joint from other organs of the body. The following pathologies can give similar manifestations:
- Inflammatory processes in the pancreas – with their development, pain is accompanied by fever, nausea, diarrhea, pain in the upper abdomen.
- Cholecystitis is an inflammation in the gallbladder, in which the patient feels a constant intense pain in the right hypochondrium, extending to the shoulder girdle, shoulder blades, lower back.
- Angina pectoris – during attacks, pain is localized behind the sternum and in the left shoulder. They occur after physical exertion and subside at rest or after taking a nitroglycerin tablet.
- Myocardial infarction – is characterized by the same signs as angina pectoris, only the pain does not subside after the pill, and the patient additionally feels a violation of the heart rhythm, a sense of fear, burning sensation in the chest.
- Lung diseases – discomfort can appear against the background of pulmonary diseases, for example, with tumors or upper lobar pneumonia.
Diagnosis and treatment
If the shoulder hurts greatly, what should I do in such a situation? Since pain can be associated with many different diseases, it is not possible to make a diagnosis on your own. To find out the reason, you need to contact a therapist who, after examination and diagnosis, will refer to narrow specialists – rheumatologist, traumatologist, surgeon, gastroenterologist, neurologist.
Diagnostic measures taken to identify the cause of the pain include:
- Ultrasound of the joint;
- CT or MRI;
- radionuclide diagnostics.
Treatment is prescribed only after diagnosis and varies depending on the identified disease:
- With arthritis or arthrosis, anti-inflammatory therapy is prescribed, which is combined with medications that restore cartilage.
- Periarthritis, bursitis, tendonitis are treated with anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics and glucorticosteroids in the form of ointments and gels.
- In case of traumatic injuries, the diseased arm is immobilized (immobilized) by means of a tight bandage.
- Rheumatism involves complex treatment with the use of antibiotics and drugs that have anti-inflammatory and hyposensitizing effects.
In addition, in many cases, patients are prescribed physiotherapeutic procedures, therapeutic exercises, massages, manual therapy.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that for pains that worry about a week or more, you should not delay a visit to the doctor or self-medicate. The sooner you start a therapeutic course prescribed by a qualified specialist, the higher the likelihood that discomfort will disappear without complications and unpleasant consequences.
why the shoulder hurts, the cause of shoulder pain
Most often, shoulder pains are unsharp, bruising or aching. But sometimes shoulder pains are so severe that they are comparable to toothache — they deprive a person of sleep and peace. And almost always perceived by the sick as a disaster.
Nevertheless, to cope with pain in the shoulder or shoulders, no matter how strong it is, in the vast majority of cases it is not too difficult. It is only necessary to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment for the shoulder joint.
So. Why does my shoulder hurt?
Doctors who are not well versed in diseases of the shoulder joint usually have only 2 answers to this question. If any patient complains of shoulder pain, these doctors will say that “it hurts because of the neck,” or they will diagnose “arthrosis of the shoulder joints”.
In fact, arthrosis of the shoulder joints is quite rare – only about 5-7% of the total number of cases of shoulder pain account for arthrosis.
Can my shoulder hurt from my neck? Yes maybe. But this is also not the most common cause of shoulder pain.
The most common cause of pain in the shoulder joint is a widespread disease called shoulder-shoulder periarthritis. It accounts for more than 50% of all cases of shoulder pain.
The second place is really “pain due to the neck,” that is, damage to the cervicothoracic spine with a backache in the arm or shoulder. About 30% of cases of shoulder pain.
Arthrosis of the shoulder joint, as we found out, is about 5-7% of cases of shoulder pain.
Another 5-7% is accounted for by arthritis, which occurs with inflammation of the shoulder joint. For example, the shoulder often hurts or becomes inflamed with rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatism, psoriatic arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatism.
And a few percent of people suffer from shoulder pain that has arisen for other reasons: due to vascular disorders, stiffness of the neck muscles, and liver diseases.
Acute shoulder pain
Attention! Suddenly occurring acute pain in the left shoulder, which began literally in a second against the background of full health, may be the first symptom of a heart attack! Seem to the cardiologist!
Suddenly started acute pain in the right shoulder, also arising against the background of full health, may be the first symptom of an attack of gallstone disease!
Shoulder pain that lasts longer than a few days: causes
Below I will briefly talk about the distinctive features of those shoulder diseases that occupy several of the top lines of our “rating” and are quite common.
1. Periarthritis of the shoulder blade
This disease usually begins after an unsuccessful movement of the hand, after sleeping in an uncomfortable position, or after overloading the hands with unusual physical work.
In case of shoulder-shoulder periarthritis, one shoulder can become ill – right or left. But it often happens that both shoulders become inflamed at once.
The main symptom of brachiocephalic periarthritis is a significant restriction of certain movements in the arm.
For example, the hand does not rotate well around its axis clockwise or against it, it is difficult to wind up behind the back and rises poorly through the side up. When trying such movements, very sharp pains in the shoulder can occur.
Sometimes the mobility of a hand with periarthritis is reduced so much that a sick person can’t raise his hand behind his back, can’t raise his hand, comb his hair or put his hand in the sleeve of a shirt or jacket.
Pain in the shoulder with shoulder-shoulder periarthritis can be unsharp, aching. But often the pains are very severe. They can occur even at night, and with the most severe forms of periarthritis, shoulder pain just at night becomes completely unbearable.
2. Shoulder pain caused by damage or a hernia in the cervical spine
Most often, pain from the neck shoots only in one hand – in the right or left. In both hands, neck pain rarely shoots. The second hand either does not hurt at all, or it hurts less and in other areas.
At the same time, a sick hand is often “shot” not only in the shoulder, but also along its entire length – to the very tips of the fingers.
Pain in the shoulder with a backache from the neck can be quite severe. Moreover, in some people the injured hand hurts during the day, when moving. And others hurt at night, in the middle of sleep.
A key feature of the lumbago: in contrast to the shoulder-shoulder periarthritis or shoulder arthrosis, in this case normal mobility of the arm is almost always maintained. Only sometimes the ability to raise a sore arm above the head and fully extend it upwards is slightly reduced.
3. Arthrosis of the shoulder joints
Most people over the age of 45 suffer from arthrosis. Often sick men who have worked for many years in hard physical work: builders, locksmiths, blacksmiths. And also – professional athletes: weightlifters, tennis players, shot putters, etc.
Pain sensations with arthrosis of the shoulder joints are usually very weak, quite tolerable. And these pains arise only when moving.
When moving in an arthritic joint, a crunch is heard. The mobility of the shoulder joints with arthrosis is reduced, but not much.
The appearance of sick shoulder joints with arthrosis is practically unchanged. The general condition of patients and body temperature remain normal.
Read more about arthrosis of the shoulder joints “material is being prepared.
4. Inflammation of the shoulder joints with arthritis
Of all arthritis, inflammation of the shoulder joints most often develops with ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis, less commonly with articular rheumatism and psoriatic arthritis, very rarely with gout.
A distinctive feature of inflammation of the shoulder joints with arthritis: usually some other joints become inflamed first. For example, knees or feet, or fingers or toes. And only then the shoulders get sick.
Arthritis begins quite rarely with the shoulder joints – although sometimes it does.
Pain in the shoulders with arthritis is most pronounced at rest, late at night or in the morning, but subside in the afternoon and evening. When moving or after a light warm-up, such pain is most often noticeably reduced.
The mobility of the shoulder joints with arthritis is almost always reduced in the morning, but by noon, especially after a light warm-up, the range of motion in the shoulders can fully recover (except in cases of chronic arthritis).
The general condition of patients with arthritis is often unsatisfactory – the patient may have a fever, weakness, chills, body aches.
5. Other, more rare causes of shoulder pain, in the article – 3 diseases that most doctors do not know about
A video with gymnastics for treating shoulder pain can be seen here.
Request! When copying and reprinting materials, indicate the source:
All articles, news and chapters from books are copyrighted by Evdokimenko ©
You might be interested in:
All articles of Dr. Evdokimenko
- We treat acute shoulder pain without drugs
- Relief in just 1-3 sessions!
- Full course 7-10 treatments
Shoulder pain is one of the most annoying. The shoulder joint is constantly in motion. The simplest task – to pour tea for yourself and sit down to work – it becomes very difficult, because you need to take a cup (shoulder works), raise your hand and take out a box of tea from the cupboard (again it), pour, carry, pull the chair . All of these processes are involved shoulders, and if they hurt, even ordinary things become overwhelming. Now we will tell you how to identify the causes of pain in the shoulder joint, what treatment the doctor may prescribe and how to avoid discomfort in this part of the body.
What causes shoulders to hurt?
The shoulder is the most mobile joint in the human body: no other is able to provide movement in so many directions. The spherical joint of the shoulder constantly “walks” along the lined cartilage, its movement is controlled by muscles, ligaments and nerve fibers that receive signals from both the brain and adjacent parts of the body.
“Minus” of the shoulder joint – it is not designed for a large load. Under normal conditions, the shoulder works as it should, but if you are professionally involved in sports, often lift weights or, on the contrary, move a little, overloads or injuries lead to the development of inflammatory processes and pain. The shoulder is also characterized by “reflected pain” – when the causes of unpleasant sensations lie, for example, in the spine or heart.
If a cause-and-effect relationship does not raise questions with injuries (he fell — hit, lifted weights — “pulled” his shoulder), then with diseases it’s more complicated. A lot of muscles, ligaments, tendons work in the shoulder, and inflammation can begin in each of them. In this case, the pain is localized in the joint, and can spread higher or lower. We list several diseases that can manifest discomfort in the shoulder.
- Arthritis and arthrosis of the shoulder joint. Cartilage is destroyed in the joint – this may be due to wear (old age, constant stress), inflammation or injury; bad habits and malnutrition also play a role. The development of the disease also depends on which hand is leading: if the patient is right-handed, arthritis of the right hand more often occurs.
- Periarthritis. A common disease that differs from arthritis in that it affects the tissues around the joint. Up to 80% of patients complaining of shoulder pain receive a diagnosis of periarthritis.
- Osteochondrosis. Pain occurs due to degenerative processes and inflammation in the cartilage. Excessive as well as insufficient physical activity leads to the development of the disease. Athletes, movers, and lovers of “couch” rest suffer from discomfort in the shoulder caused by osteochondrosis.
- Myalgia, muscle pain. It occurs with overstrain, stress, severe physical exertion, infectious diseases.
- Myocardial infarction. If severe pain in the left shoulder is accompanied by pain in the chest, and you know that you have a tendency to cardiovascular disease – call an ambulance.
- Neoplasms. Discomfort can be caused by a benign or malignant tumor.
- Liver disease. Another example of reflected pain: liver problems can manifest as discomfort in the right shoulder.
Pain may also have genetic background. Mutations of genes lead to excessive joint mobility or other changes in it, as a result of which a pain syndrome develops.
What kind of pain?
Pain can be classified not only by intensity (strong, sharp, sharp, aching, weak), but also by localization (in the right shoulder, in the left, it gives to the elbow, back, neck, hand). Depending on this, the doctor will determine the causes of the problem and offer treatment.
- “Frozen shoulder” – the pain is felt when the arm is moved to the side and raised up, while rotating. Movements are difficult, the nature of the pain is aching, then sharp; difficulties arise even with simple actions that require raising hands. Such symptoms indicate the presence of periarthritis. The pain is felt especially strongly at night. In advanced cases, the shoulder cannot be moved, the hand cannot be raised, taken back, or turned; a seal is felt in the joint.
- Muscle pain, aggravated by pressing, movement, weakness in the muscles. All these are signs of myalgia varieties: fibromyalgia, myositis, polymyositis. For these diseases, headache and nausea are also characteristic.
- If you get tired quickly, the pain in the shoulder joint worsens at rest, you want to press the shoulder closer to the chest, arm movements are difficult, the skin on the shoulder is colder and bluer than everywhere – this is osteochondrosis. Possible changes in blood pressure, a crunch is heard in the joint.
- The shoulder aches and “shoots”, the hand goes numb up to the hand, physical exertion increases discomfort – like plexitis, damage to the nerve plexus. It is necessary to begin treatment as soon as possible, otherwise the disease will also affect the optic nerves, and in the final stage, paralysis of the arm is even possible.
- Acute pain, which becomes more intense with movement and over time – tendonitis, damage to tendons.
With physical exertion, many diseases progress faster, so pain is often localized in the right shoulder joint – since most people use their right hand more often than their left. But there are diseases for which pain in a certain shoulder is characteristic.
- Pain in the left shoulder joint may be a sign of myocardial infarction, if the general condition worsens: severe pain, trembling, arrhythmia, fainting is possible. If it hurts at the same time in the left shoulder and chest, the pain intensifies with physical exertion and subsides during rest – this is angina pectoris, the heart does not receive enough oxygen, you need to consult a cardiologist.
- Pain in the right shoulder can “report” about liver pathology: cholecystitis, cholelithiasis. In this case, discomfort is also felt in the right hypochondrium.
Unpleasant sensations in the shoulder joint in the absence of injuries and inflammatory processes indicate diseases of the internal organs. If the initial examination did not show pathologies of the shoulder joints themselves, it is necessary to continue diagnostic procedures, since pain is a clear signal that something is wrong in the body.
How to understand what are the causes of discomfort in the shoulder?
Determine where the pain is localized, whether it is concentrated in the shoulder joint or spreads towards the neck, elbow, chest. What kind of pain do you feel – sharp, sharp, shooting, drilling? Does something else hurt along with my shoulder? Is the temperature elevated? This information will help you approximately imagine what your body has encountered, but you should consult a doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
A specialist will examine you, listen to your complaints, send you for a blood test, MRI and other examinations to identify the causes of the discomfort, and only then prescribe treatment. It is better to refrain from self-diagnosis.
How is shoulder pain treated in the East?
Oriental medicine specialists use an integrated approach: they relieve pain with the help of acupuncture and injections of homeopathic remedies, relax tense muscles and remove nerve pinches by massage and manual therapy, warm them up with stone and moxotherapy, and if necessary, apply hirudotherapy – treatment with medical leeches. The doctors of our clinic are trying to do without potent drugs, helping the body cope with the disease on its own, but if medical support is really needed, you will get all the necessary prescriptions. After the first visits to the clinic, the pain will go away, and then its causes will go away.
Should I self-medicate?
At home, only the effects of the disease can be treated. Warming up, compress, massage can reduce pain and swelling, but if the inflammatory process has begun, it will continue. Symptomatic therapy makes sense when the body is strong enough to cope with the disease on its own. Even in this case, it is better to contact the doctors so as not to waste energy in vain. You will need the body’s resources in order to work fruitfully and have a good rest, and the doctor prescribes the treatment better.
How to avoid shoulder pain?
Watch your physical activity. If it is monotonous or it is not at all – take breaks and warm up, stretch, try not to spend a lot of time in the same pose. If you are involved in sports, consult with a trainer on how to plan your workout so that your arms and shoulders do not suffer from the same monotonous exercises. Watch your posture. Where possible – replace the bag with a backpack that evenly distributes the load on the shoulders. The pillow you are sleeping on should be comfortable. These simple rules will not save you from possible shoulder pain, but will reduce the likelihood of its occurrence.