Massage for hip dysplasia is an important treatment and maintenance of well-being in babies. Indeed, dysplasia is not so rare and parents should know the basic methods of dealing with it and in a constant mode be able to rid their children of unpleasant sensations and restrictions in movements.
We will understand what is hip dysplasia in children and how massage can help in its treatment.
Definition and characteristics, causes
Hip dysplasia is a hip dislocation that is congenital in nature. By the time of birth, the joints of the pelvis and hips are still plastic, and the ligaments are malleable and unable to hold the head of the hip bone in the joint, forming a dislocation or subluxation.
If the disease is not treated, then the baby can quickly become disabled and the process will be irreversible. The result of a neglected disease can be osteochondrosis of the spine, coxarthrosis of the hip joints and other ailments.
Three degrees of deviations are distinguished: pre-dislocation, subluxation and congenital dislocation. Pre-dislocation is an unformed joint. In the process of growth of the baby, it develops normally or the condition begins to deteriorate and the process goes to the second stage – subluxation. It is a significant displacement of the femoral head.
Risk groups for dysplasia include:
- Premature babies due to underdevelopment of the joints;
- Children born in the buttock due to improper formation of the hip joints;
- Infants with a hereditary predisposition to the disease;
- Newborns whose mothers suffered toxicosis or hormonal imbalance during pregnancy;
- Embryos with limited mobility;
- Babies are girls.
Some evidence suggests that tight swaddling of infants is a provocateur of the disease. White-skinned children are more affected, the severity of the disease among black babies is negligible. The level of ecology has a serious impact. It has been confirmed that in areas with an unfavorable environmental background, the incidence of dysplasia is several times higher.
Diagnosis and treatment
In the case of dysplasia, the diagnosis is crucial, since untimely detection of the disease can lead to secondary disorders, their treatment is extremely difficult. Delayed treatment changes a person’s gait and produces disability.
A parent far from medicine can hardly notice and detect the disease despite the fact that the first signs are already visible to the specialist in the newborn. A close inspection will help to identify flaws.
How to identify them? Bend the baby’s legs and try to spread them apart. If this is difficult, it’s time to sound the alarm! During the manipulations carefully listen. The presence of a click is an additional sign of the disease.
Lay the newborn on your stomach and appreciate the folds in the pelvis and around the hips. In the presence of dysplasia on the affected side, the folds are located differently or may be in greater numbers than on the opposite side.
Pay attention to the length of the legs. If one of them is shorter than the other, then this is another evidence of improper joint development.
Do not miss routine medical examinations. Specialists will be able to establish a diagnosis for small indirect signs. For objective diagnosis, they use ultrasound. In the fourth month and further, radiography is used.
The main principle of treatment is ensuring the proper development of joints. The limbs of the child are set in a physiological position using various mechanical devices in order to enable the pelvic-femoral region to develop normally. A special swaddling technique resembling stirrups is used.
One of the central methods of treating hip dysplasia in children under one year of age is professional massage. It helps to strengthen the ligaments and restore all the required amount of activity.
- Massage is done in several courses with an interval of at least 2 months;
- The best time for the procedure is after waking up and after feeding;
- Massage can lead to urination and the prepared diaper will be useful;
- Get a massage table, this is the best place for the procedure;
- Do not carry out manipulations for longer than 20 minutes, of which five minutes should be allowed to warm up.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Technique and massage sequence
- Warming up introduction. Place your baby on your stomach and gently warm your lumbar girdle, arms and buttocks. Turn the baby over, gently stroke the chest and abdomen;
- After warming up, more actively rub the limbs, gluteal region and tummy. Use the spiral and circle paths;
- Spend rubbing, lightest tingling and tapping on the buttocks and hips;
- Pass the damaged s >
The main groups of massage techniques
Massage for hip dysplasia in children involves a number of typical techniques. Among them are:
- Trituration. Rubbing helps to work the tissues lying deep under the skin. Intensive grinding significantly enhances local blood flow, which improves the condition of tissues. The work process should involve the displacement and displacement of the skin, and not stroking them. The use of creams and oils is undesirable;
- Hip stroking. Massage with hip dysplasia in the newborn so that the baby only slightly feels touch, stroke large areas of the body and do not linger on any one. Next, more stroking should be performed to activate areas located deep beneath the skin. Alternate rake-shaped and tong-shaped stroking. Stroking is done slowly to reduce the excitability of the nervous system. Circular movements are suitable, opposite in direction with two hands;
- Vibration. Often during the massage with hip dysplasia in newborns, jerky and vibrational movements are used. Motion-oscillations are carried out continuously for periods of up to 15 seconds with an increase in amplitude. After a short pause, the series repeats. Work with one or both hands.
Applied and point movements of the pads on the hip joint.
Do not forget about contraindications to massage with dysplasia of the hip joint in infants. These include:
- High body temperature in a child;
- Congenital heart disease or diathesis;
- Inflammation of the muscles or bones;
- Blood and k >
In conclusion, we will discuss some forms of baby care that are useful for achieving a quick and high-quality result.
When the child is lying, provide him with the opportunity to hang his legs to relax and relieve muscle tension. Exclude vertical loads. Toddler get up early and squat.
Let the child sit on you like a monkey on a tree, clasping your legs and arms. You hold it by the back or buttocks.
When the baby sits down, the legs need to be parted to the sides. Provide and the right car seat, where the peanut will be comfortable.
In addition to conservative methods of treatment, massage has a unique function in the deep study of tissues and improving metabolic processes. Learn the technique of massage procedures and do light manipulations at home that positively affect joints and muscles. Good luck!