Arthritis of the toes is a rheumatoid disease, accompanied by an inflammatory process and provoking damage to all toes. Pathology can develop due to untreated rheumatism, psoriasis, lupus erythematosus, or impaired metabolism. The early stage of the disease can be easily treated. But if the patient ignores the disease, this can lead to deformation of the entire foot and disability.
- Causes of the development of the disease and manifestations
- Symptoms and treatment of the disease with folk remedies
- How to treat arthritis
- How to treat arthritis on toes at home with compresses
- Compress 1
- Compress 2
- Compress 3
- Compress 4
- Ointments for arthritis
- Option 1
- Option 2
- Option 3
- Arthritis on the leg
- Types of articular inflammation of the lower extremities
- Причины появления
- Симптомы артрита ног
- How to cure an ailment?
- Arthritis drugs
- Proper nutrition
- Surgical procedures
- Getting r >
- Arthritis of the foot and the causes of its appearance
- Symptoms of Arthritis
- arthritis treatment
- Home Remedies for Arthritis
- Methods of treating arthritis of the toes (in particular the big toe) using compresses, ointments, massage and other means
- Radical treatment
- Treatment with folk remedies
Causes of the development of the disease and manifestations
Arthritis is not an independent disease. In most cases, it occurs as a complication after certain diseases. In many patients, arthritic lesion of the foot develops due to acute respiratory viral infections or influenza experienced some time ago (pathogenic microorganisms accumulate in the cavities of articular joints).
Immunity will provoke the development of arthritis in patients who:
- suffer from syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis;
- suffer from gout (this ailment provokes a metabolic disorder, which leads to the accumulation of urea in the joints and inflammation of the connective tissue);
- received severe bruises and leg injuries;
- suffer from impaired immune function (the protective system perceives connective tissue as an antigen).
Similar phenomena inflame and destroy the joints of the toes.
Symptoms and treatment of the disease with folk remedies
One of the features of the disease is its ability to develop over several years. In this case, only the initial stage of the ailment is amenable to successful therapy. Therefore, it is extremely important for the patient to seek qualified help in a timely manner. Typical signs of arthritic lesions of the fingers of the lower limb are:
- Sensation of pain in the toes. It can occur with varying intensity.
- Swelling and swelling (in difficult situations). These negative phenomena can occur on the fingers and the entire foot during movement and power loads.
- Redness of the skin in the area of the joints.
- High body temperature at the location of the disease (rarely).
- An increase in pain symptom while walking or with direct effects on the joints.
The above symptoms of arthritis may not occur immediately, so if you have at least one item, you should immediately consult a doctor.
How to treat arthritis
Therapeutic methods should be selected only by a qualified specialist based on the individual characteristics of the patient.
First of all, the doctor is obliged to stop the inflammatory process. For this, it is best to use special medicines. Inflammation in any form and at any stage of the development of arthritis involves the appointment of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Your doctor may prescribe ointment, tablets, or intraarticular injections.
Given that arthritis is a consequence of an infectious infection, antibiotics are prescribed to the patient (tablets and injections). In order to minimize the development of side effects and improve the effectiveness of therapy, the doctor should select drugs strictly according to the personal characteristics of the patient.
A chondroprotector is most often used to treat an ailment that has gone into the acute phase. In this case, the drug should be used only after removing the inflammation.
Cytostatics best cope with a disease in the active phase. Specialists use them only when absolutely necessary to relieve inflammation. As a rule, cytostatics are prescribed to patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
It will not be superfluous for patients to undergo physiotherapy sessions. Well proven in the treatment of arthritis:
- warming up;
- massage of diseased joints;
- mud treatment;
- Exercise therapy;
- special gymnastics.
Dietary restrictions during the treatment of arthritis are very important, because the patient urgently needs to minimize the use of products that increase the concentration of acidity in the body.
Diet for arthritis involves:
- Minimal consumption of meat, fish, offal. These products contain purines that trigger the development of gout.
- Lack of canned food, smoked meats and sausages in the diet.
- Limited intake of salt and foods where it is present in high concentration.
- Drink only pure mineral water or milk. Other drinks are strictly prohibited.
- Exception from the diet of sweets and citrus fruits.
The daily diet should include:
- Dairy. Restore calcium deficiency and increase bone resistance to destruction.
- The eggs. Enriched with calcium and many other useful substances, but they need to be consumed in limited quantities, since egg yolk contains cholesterol. This substance can negatively affect the patient’s body, especially if arthrosis or arthritis has been diagnosed.
- Raw vegetables. It is in this form that vegetables positively affect all organs and systems of a person, enrich it with useful microelements and make immunity strong.
- Greens. Improves the general condition of the body, protects it from the appearance of cancer cells.
How to treat arthritis on toes at home with compresses
To enhance the therapeutic effect of conservative medicine, certain compresses will help. We offer the most effective recipes.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
In one container, mix a teaspoon:
- creeping thyme;
- marsh rosemary;
- Hypericum perforatum.
Pour the mixture with 250 ml of boiling water, bring to a boil over low heat. Cool to 40 degrees, strain. Wrap the therapeutic mass in several layers of gauze, soak in a decoction and apply to your fingers for 2 hours three times a day.
Mix 120 grams of alcohol and turpentine, add two tablespoons of sunflower oil to them, mix. Dampen a napkin in the drug, put it on your fingers, wrap it with cling film and a warm towel. The procedure is best done before sleep 12 days.
Grind 150 grams of chalk to powder, add 100 ml of fatty kefir, mix. Apply the drug to diseased areas overnight. The systematic use of the recipe will quickly restore cartilage.
Mix 200 grams of blue clay with water. Put the resulting mass in a cloth and apply to your fingers for 3 hours. Compress is best done in the evening before bedtime. Duration of use – until the symptoms of the disease completely disappear.
Also for the treatment of arthritis on the joints of the toes, you can use:
In addition to compresses, home-made ointments can cure arthritis.
Ointments for arthritis
Ointments can be used between compresses. They also relieve pain in arthritis of the knee or arm.
Mix two tablespoons:
Grind, add 80 grams of butter, mix. Apply an even layer of mass on the fabric, attach to sore fingers. Wrap your foot in polyethylene and a woolen shawl. The procedure is recommended to be performed before bedtime for two weeks.
Mix 200 ml of vodka and radish juice, salt well, throw a spoonful of honey. Stir until smooth. Apply thinly on affected joints of the toes for 45 minutes. Use until complete recovery.
Mix a packet of butter with birch buds (250 grams). Then cover with a thin cloth and put in a warm place for a day. Then pass the mass through a meat grinder, throw a teaspoon of camphor powder, mix. Treat ointment with sore fingers. Keep the medicine in the refrigerator.
Arthritis, like any disease, is better to prevent than to treat later. For prevention, you need:
- constantly observe foot hygiene;
- protect your fingers from injuries;
- Do not wear tight, uncomfortable shoes;
- do self-massage of the feet;
- do soothing herbal baths.
It is also recommended to wear shoes with instep support, at the slightest symptoms of the disease, consult a doctor and be fully treated for viral diseases.
If you notice symptoms of arthritis, do not use folk remedies for treatment without a doctor’s prescription. This can aggravate the disease and greatly aggravate the condition.
Arthritis on the leg
A lot of discomfort to a person is caused by problems with the musculoskeletal system. Arthritis of the legs is an ailment from which the elderly and young people suffer. Symptoms are similar to other diseases, so if you feel worse, a visit to the doctor is necessary. It will not be possible to recover on their own, because an illiterate treatment regimen leads to complications and disability. Avoid this by contacting a doctor who, after the study, will make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Types of articular inflammation of the lower extremities
The joints of the legs affect the following types of arthritis:
|Деформация пальцев и стоп|
|Подагра||Образование шишек на больших пальцах из-за накопления в тканях уратов|
|Повреждение соседних суставов|
|Ревматоидный||Поражение мелких суставов и костей ног из-за восприятия иммунитетом хрящевой ткани в виде чужеродной|
|Реактивный||Развитие вследствие инфекционных заболеваний|
Развивается артрит на ногах в любом возрасте, это распространенное явление. Воспалению подвергаются стопы, пальцы, колени, тазобедренная область. Выделяют такие причины артрита:
- различные травмы;
- генетическая предрасположенность;
- лишний вес;
- неправильное питание, недостаток витаминов в организме;
- вредные привычки (курение, алкоголизм);
- высокая нагрузка на ноги или же сидячий образ жизни;
- неподходящая обувь.
Симптомы артрита ног
Клиническая картина одинакова для всех видов заболевания, и в то же время каждый проявляется по-разному. К общим признакам артрита суставов ног относят:
- сильная боль;
- появление отека и покраснения;
- нарушение двигательной функции;
- деформация суставов.
Если рассматривать симптоматику каждой отдельной формы, то ревматоидный артрит проявляется в постоянных болях и отечности, которые могут не проходить на протяжении нескольких месяцев, а то и лет. Этот вид недуга поражает конечности симметрично. Если поражены суставы правой ноги, то с большой вероятностью такие же суставы будут поражены и в левой. Утром больной чувствует скованность в теле, которая проходит через несколько часов.
Pain increases at night.
With gouty pain is paroxysmal in nature. Starting at night, the attack lasts several days or weeks, if nothing is done. When touched in the affected area of the leg, a person experiences pain, because uric acid crystals have sharp edges. The place over the sore joint becomes hot.
Reactive and osteoarthritis have common symptoms of inflammation of the joints of the legs.
How to cure an ailment?
Arthritis of the lower extremities is a dangerous and serious disease, so consult a doctor at the first symptoms. Due to the fact that the disease has specific manifestations, the doctor first diagnoses it. After listening to the patient’s complaints and having an external examination, the doctor directs the person for analysis, x-ray, magnetic resonance imaging. After conducting research, treatment is prescribed:
To cure arthritis of the lower extremities, a drug course is used, which includes:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieve pain and inflammation in the joint.
- Antibiotics. Accepted if the pathogen became an infection.
- Chondoprotectors. They stop the destruction process and regenerate damaged cartilage tissue.
Therapy of any disease consists not only in taking pills, but also in a properly selected diet. For inflammation to go away, with arthritis of the lower extremities, you should not eat sweet, starchy foods with a low acidity level. If a person is tormented by gout, purine-containing products are removed from the diet – this is fish, lard, alcohol, meat offal.
In the daily diet, it is worth adding:
Doctors resort to surgery if conservative treatment of arthritis has not yielded results, and the disease is only progressing. The operational method should be resorted to when it is most effective. For this, the rheumatologist and surgeon need to choose the most suitable time and type of operation. And there are several of them:
- Synovectomy It is used to remove the inflamed area. It does not relieve arthritis, but significantly reduces pain and prevents further joint deformation.
- Arthroplasty. The procedure consists in polishing the growths on the bones. There is still a variety of arthroplasty, during which the diseased joint is replaced with implants. Mostly performed on the knees and hips, but if necessary is carried out not only on them.
- Arthrodesis. The layer of bone tissue is removed, the joints are connected. After such an operation, mobility disappears, but the legs are given the opportunity to withstand more loads. It is carried out on the feet, if there is no possibility of substitution.
Arthritis can be treated with the help of folk recipes. For many centuries, the ancestors warmed up their feet in inflammatory processes. This is done with all kinds of ointments, rubbing, compresses, and for internal use there are all kinds of decoctions and tinctures:
- Tincture of horsetail. Filled with boiling water 50 g of the plant and infused for 40 minutes. Take the drug costs 2 weeks at 200 g per day.
- Compress of vodka and potatoes. Potatoes are grated and mixed with vodka. The resulting mixture is heated, wrapped in a clean cloth and put on the affected area.
- Birch decoction. Pour the kidneys with water and bring to a boil. The product is placed in a dark place for an hour. Drink a day 4 times before meals, 0,5 cup.
While remission lasts, it is necessary to engage in physical therapy in order to stretch and normalize leg mobility, this will also help prevent the reappearance of the disease. Diseases can also be avoided with the help of other preventive methods: abandonment of bad habits, hardening of the lower extremities, mobile lifestyle. Thanks to prevention and timely medication, the legs will not suffer from arthritis.
Getting r >
Arthritis is called joint inflammation. The disease can have various causes, but the symptoms are very similar: pain, redness, swelling of the joint, fever, often swelling.
We treat arthritis of the fingers with folk remedies Arthritis of the knee joint symptoms and treatment What kind of doctor prescribes treatment for arthritis? Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and alternative recipes Shoulder bursitis – symptoms and treatment, folk remedies
Arthritis of the foot and the causes of its appearance
Arthritis of the foot is a fairly common disease. It is found not only in adults, but even in babies, only learners to walk. There is also arthritis of the knee joint and arthritis of the fingers, you also need to know about them – symptoms and how to treat, but more on that in another article.
All causes of arthritis can be divided into the following groups:
The human foot consists of many bones, and therefore there are many opportunities for arthritis. Additional factors affecting the development of the disease are:
- overweight, increasing the load on the feet;
- wearing uncomfortable, tight shoes and high-heeled shoes that make it difficult to supply blood to the joints;
- work associated with prolonged standing.
Symptoms of Arthritis
The main sign of foot arthritis is acute joint pain that occurs at night. When examining a sore spot, redness and swelling are noticeable, when touched, you can feel that the body temperature in this place is elevated. Often the leg swells.
In the morning, the stiffness of the movements of the diseased joint is felt, mobility returns when walking only after some time. Swollen legs do not fit in ordinary shoes, being in it causes pain.
Important: at the first sign of arthritis, you should consult a doctor to stop the disease at the very beginning. With the further development of the disease, the cartilage tissue of the joints is destroyed, their mobility decreases. It could be a complete loss of mobility!
After asking you about the symptoms, the doctor will prescribe a detailed study: laboratory tests, x-ray examination of diseased joints. In addition to general blood and urine tests, biochemical (for example, uric acid) and immunological studies will be needed.
Only after that, having determined the causes of the disease, the doctor will prescribe a comprehensive treatment. It includes tools to relieve pain, and drugs that fight the causes of the disease. These are anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and various external drugs.
In addition, complex treatment includes exercises of physiotherapy and physiotherapy.
Important: you can not self-medicate! Incorrect diagnosis and subsequent incorrect treatment can only lead to a worsening of the course of the disease!
Antibiotics are prescribed to a patient with foot arthritis individually. The doctor must take into account the individual characteristics of the body, after determining the type of infection. The disease can occur from any infected organ:
- If the urogenital tract has become the focus of infection, antibiotics of a number of fluoroquinolones and tetracyclines are prescribed.
- With infection of the upper respiratory tract – semisynthetic penicillins, cephalosporins.
- Macrolides are prescribed in intracellular microflora – chlamydia, mycoplasma, ureaplasma.
With arthritis of the feet, chondroprotectors are often used: Teraflex, Arthron, Chondrovit, Structum. The basis of these drugs are the components of articular cartilage: glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
At home, you can use herbal treatments, various baths, compresses and rubbing. But first of all, you need to follow a diet.
With arthritis, the proportion of foods containing starch and sugar (flour dishes, potatoes, sweets) should be reduced in the diet. There are as many vegetables and fruits as possible: in the form of salads, cooked on water, steamed, stewed. Exclude salted and smoked dishes, lard, legumes.
It is necessary to enrich your diet with vitamins, so you should eat as much greens as possible (except rhubarb and sorrel, spinach). It is very good to eat dishes of fresh cabbage and carrots.
You need to often cook porridge on the water – rice and millet. This helps to remove excess salts from the body.
In cases of joint inflammation, it is useful to eat dairy products (a source of calcium), boiled or steamed sea fish, aspic and other jellied dishes (a source of chondroitin).
A proper diet, among other things, also helps to lose weight and thereby reduce the load on the feet.
Important: the right diet should be prescribed by a doctor!
During an exacerbation, burdock leaves help. Their application is nowhere simpler: a freshly torn sheet is applied to the sore spot with the “wrong” side, fixed with a bandage, put on a cotton sock on top. You can leave it all night, and in the morning attach a new sheet until the evening. The pain goes away pretty quickly.
Some offer to wash and dry the leaves first, and then grease with the vegetable oil the side that will lie on the leg. But even without this, burdock leaves are a good way to relieve swelling and pain. It is also good that the leaves can be dried for the winter, and, if necessary, used, previously held in water.
Well with arthritis decoctions of St. John’s wort, chamomile, linden blossom help. Pour any of the herbs or a collection with a glass of boiling water, cover, leave for 10 minutes. Strained broth drink a day in several stages.
A glass of mixed cabbage and carrot juice in equal proportions can also be drunk slowly during the day.
To obtain an effective remedy for diseased joints, such decoctions are used (everything is designed for 1 glass of liquid):
- 2 tsp stigma of corn pour boiling water, leave to cool. Drink a tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of birch buds with boiling water and let stand for 15 minutes over low heat. Wrap up, after cooling, drink a quarter cup 4 times a day.
Brew a handful of currant leaves in a thermos with boiling water. After an hour, strain. Take a tablespoon three times a day.
It is advisable to drink all the decoctions 20-30 minutes before eating.
Important: remember that unfamiliar herbs can cause allergies! Be careful!
In order to reduce pain in chronic arthritis, you can use warm baths. They recommend using a strong solution of iodized or sea salt. And from herbs, decoctions of celandine, chamomile, oak bark, and calamus roots are well suited. A couple of handfuls of grass should be brewed with boiling water, insisted for an hour. Pour strained infusion into a basin with warm water. Keep the feet in the bath for half an hour, pouring boiling water as it cools.
Young needles for baths can be prepared in the same way as herbs. And it is better to boil young pine cones for 20 minutes, then add the broth to the bath.
You can make baths with mustard at the rate of 1 tbsp. l per liter of warm water.
It is recommended to apply warming compresses at night, warm feet in hot sand, salt.
Important: in acute inflammation, it is impossible to warm sore joints!
For rubbing diseased joints, alcohol tinctures of herbs are usually used. You can take fresh burdock, elecampane or dandelion roots crushed on a grater, pour a glass of raw materials of 0,5 liters of alcohol in a glass bowl. After two weeks, the product is used for grinding.
Insist in a bottle of vodka a glass of lilac flowers for a week. This is a pretty effective remedy for joints.
Propolis tincture is also good. You can prepare it yourself (10 g of raw materials per 100 g of vodka, insist for two weeks) or buy a finished product in a pharmacy. You can also grind fir or camphor oil.
A little turpentine and camphor should be added to the vegetable oil, rubbing the joints before bedtime.
Mix equal amounts of vodka, honey, grated black radish. Add a tablespoon of fine salt to the glass of the mixture. Rub into joints warm.
Important: grinding should be carried out in courses of 7-10 days, even if the pain stopped the first time.
Arthritis is a serious disease that requires a long and painstaking treatment. Take care of your joints!
Methods of treating arthritis of the toes (in particular the big toe) using compresses, ointments, massage and other means
The treatment of arthritis of the toes is always carried out comprehensively. The disease is inflammatory in nature, causes terrible pain, provokes swelling, deformation of the foot and limits normal movement. Timely therapy allows you to maintain the functions and mobility of the joints.
Arthritis is a serious disease that can lead to the destruction of cartilage, bone friction, and in advanced cases, to disability. The foot of a person experiences the load of the whole body. Any pathological processes limit its movement and necessary functions. The inflammatory process can occur due to infectious diseases, injuries, malfunctions in the immune system.
Arthritis affects any age category of people. Particular care must be taken by parents. An untreated infection in a child in time can provoke reactive arthritis, which subsequently leads to joint deformation.
Symptoms of the disease are stopped by drugs. The main treatment is carried out by chondroprotectors and health gymnastics. Only complex therapy can restore the function of the foot and lead to recovery.
Drug treatment consists in the use of:
- Non-steroidal drugs (NSAIDs) that effectively relieve inflammation and moderately relieve pain. Doctors often prescribe: Diclofenac, Naproxen, Nimesulide, Movalis, Advil.
- Antibiotics for the bacterial or infectious nature of the disease (Azithromycin, Tetracycline, Cefazolin, Ofloxacin).
- Analgesics for mild to moderate pain (Aspirin, Paracetamol).
- Narcotic painkillers – are prescribed in severe cases when it is not possible to stop the pain syndrome with NSAIDs.
- Blockade with glucocorticoids with pronounced symptoms of severe pain.
- Chondroprotectors that promote the regeneration of cartilage (Don, Arthra, Teraflex, Rumalon).
In addition to tablets and injections for topical use, ointments and compresses with Dimexide are used. They allow you to achieve the most positive result.
On a note. Nonsteroidal drugs adversely affect the gastrointestinal tract. To prevent peptic ulcer, doctors prescribe antacids (Fosfalugel) and proton pump blockers (Omeprazole) at the same time.
If conservative methods have not given positive dynamics, resort to surgical intervention. Most often, deformity of the fingers causes rheumatoid arthritis.
Modern surgery performs several types of operations. The inflammatory process and pain are previously eliminated. Each method has its advantages and features of the recovery period.
Types of surgical intervention:
- An open method using epidural anesthesia (the drug is injected into the epidural space of the spine using a catheter). Such an operation is more often used for hallux valgus. The surgeon dissects the skin in the area of the bone, performs an osteotomy (artificial fracture – cut), fixes it in the anatomical position with plates, sews together soft tissues and applies plaster. The rehabilitation period lasts up to 60 days.
- Minimally invasive correction using punctures. The doctor inserts the instruments at the puncture sites, makes a small cut of the metatarsus, sets and fixes the joint in the correct position. Recovery after surgery is faster than with open intervention. An indication for its implementation is a slight deformation of the joint.
- Laser surgery Using a laser, an incision is made up to 2 mm, a milling cutter with a sharpening is introduced, a bone outgrowth is polished, soft tissues are sutured. The method is less traumatic, allows you to carry out procedures on both legs and has a short recovery period (up to 2 weeks).
On a note. Any surgical intervention can cause complications: bleeding, an adverse reaction to anesthesia, slow bone fusion, displacement of bone fragments.
To speed up recovery, the patient must follow a number of simple rules:
- apply crutches, reducing the load on the sore foot;
- wear soft shoes;
- use orthopedic insoles.
Surgical intervention is not performed for purulent infections, atherosclerosis, and diabetic foot syndrome (disorders of the nervous and circulatory systems that provoke the appearance of non-healing ulcers).
In the subacute period, when pain and inflammation are stopped, the doctor may prescribe a massage. It is an addition to complex therapy and allows to improve blood circulation and tissue trophism, strengthen muscles, speed up the rehabilitation process in the postoperative period. Carrying out the procedure in conjunction with physiotherapy helps the recovery process.
- The session begins with the processing of healthy tissues (calf muscles, ankle joint, foot).
- The movements alternate, stroking and stretching the leg.
- An edge of the palm or knuckles work out the foot.
- Go to massage – gently stroking and rubbing each joint.
- Spend vibration and shaking, flexion and extension of the joints.
- Finish stroking in the direction from the fingers to the ankle.
On a note. To strengthen the general condition of the body, the doctor can perform acupressure, acting on biologically active points, reducing pain and relaxing muscles.
Self-massage is useful to do at home, especially after taking warm baths. It is necessary to massage the feet with deep strokes and work out the joints with the thumb and forefinger. The course of therapeutic massage includes 15-20 sessions lasting 20-30 minutes.
Treatment with folk remedies
Medicinal herbs, decoctions and ointments help to cope with pain, reduce inflammation, improve blood circulation and metabolism. Folk remedies are used as an additional method to the main treatment.
Infusions and teas have anti-inflammatory, restorative and analgesic effects. It is recommended to drink decoctions of birch leaves, lingonberries, black currants, elderberry flowers and tricolor violets.
For compresses use paraffin baths, apply blue clay, a mixture of mustard powder with honey. Toes are rubbed with apple cider vinegar, aloe juice. The inflammatory process is eliminated by crushed leaves of burdock, cabbage, nettle.
Recipes for ointments against arthritis:
- Grind St. John’s wort, clover and hop cones in equal amounts (2 tbsp), mix with 50 grams of butter. Rub the warm mixture into the sore joint. Wrap the foot in tape and put on the toe.
- 100 grams of honey, 75 gr. vodka, 150 gr. mix radish juice and 3 teaspoons of salt. Apply ointment to sore spots, covering with a film.
- Egg yolk, a spoon of turpentine and 3 tsp. beat apple cider vinegar and grease toes.
Warm coniferous and salt baths are good for arthritis. At the same time, blood flow improves, metabolic processes normalize, swelling and inflammation decrease, and cell regeneration accelerates. You can soar your legs only after eliminating the inflammatory process.
- water of average temperature 38-45 degrees;
- procedure time 15-20 minutes;
- the course of treatment is 15 sessions.
The most effective salt baths with the addition of herbs: chamomile, tansy, elderberry, sweet clover, harmonica and coniferous concentrates. At the same time, 20 g are taken for 100 liters of water. salt and 50 gr. dry collection, which is pre-brewed.
Arthritis treatment is not without LFK. Gymnastics is prescribed in the subacute period, when inflammation and pain do not interfere with the exercise. Exercise helps strengthen muscles, relieve tension from them, improve blood circulation and helps speed up the recovery process.
First, slow and passive movements (lying, sitting) are made, gradually increasing the load on the joint (standing). A small set of exercises:
- Sitting on a bed or soft rug with your hand, bend and unbend all fingers of the foot at the same time (10 times).
- Make 10 circular movements each of them separately.
- Get on your knees and lean on your toes, fix the position for a few seconds.
- Sit on the floor, rub the foot and foot from the toe to the ankle.
Gymnastics can be performed several times a day. As the joints move, complicate the exercises, climb on toes from a sitting and standing position. Combine exercises with massage, baths, steam baths and swimming in the pool.
Follow preventive measures, treat infectious diseases on time, do not allow hypothermia and excessive load on the feet, abandon bad habits. At the first symptoms, visit a doctor – toe arthritis is successfully treated at an early stage of the disease.