Almost every inhabitant of the planet at least once faced with the problem of back pain. Often eliminate an unpleasant symptom helps rest, bed rest. But it happens that there is pain in the back lying on your back. This process may indicate the presence of deviations from the side of health, therefore it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Pain can be of varying intensity and localization. Most people ignore this symptom, often they turn to a medical institution when the symptoms become pronounced and violate the quality of human life.
Description of the problem
Back pain when lying on your back is a painful sensation that can be localized in any part of the spine. They do not depend on human movements and do not affect muscle mobility.
This symptom can manifest itself with various violations of the functionality of organs or systems, it does not pass in a supine position and may increase depending on the work of the affected structures. Usually, pain is accompanied by other signs that may indicate the nature of the pathology.
In medicine, these types of back pain are distinguished:
- Local pain can occur due to any abnormal process that affects the nerves. Such sensations are always observed, but can disappear during movement. They can be sharp or dull and are always felt in the area of the back that is affected.
- Radicular pain extends along the periphery, it can be of great intensity. It occurs due to a curvature or extension of the spinal nerve, spreads from the center of the back to the lower limb. When coughing or sneezing, as well as during movements, pain is intensified.
- Reflected pain can be reflected from the spine to the lumbar region and sacrum, as well as to these areas from the internal organs. With damage to the pelvic organs and peritoneum, the pain does not disappear when a person moves, as well as in a supine position, sensations change depending on the change in the condition of the affected organs.
- Myofascial pain occurs due to muscle spasms. If muscle spasms are chronic, aching or convulsive back pain occurs when you lie on your back, which gives to the buttocks and sacrum.
Causes of lying pain
Nocturnal back pain in the supine position develop for two main reasons:
- Discomfort with an unsuitable place to sleep or because of power loads for a long period of time. In this case, there are no pathologies of internal organs, bones or joints. Pain can occur as a result of severe fatigue, prolonged being in one position or an uncomfortable posture, as well as due to pregnancy in the late stages.
- Back pain in the supine position at night due to various disorders: scoliosis, arthritis, cancer, infectious and viral diseases of bones or organs, ankylosing spondylitis, spinal fractures and others.
Pain can be of a different nature:
- Aching pain in the lumbar can talk about pathologies of the genitourinary or muscle system;
- Point pain indicates the development of rheumatism;
- Shooting painful sensations of great strength, which are accompanied by an increase in body temperature, may indicate a cancerous growth;
- During pregnancy, cramping pains occur;
- Shooting pains in a lying position indicate large power loads;
- With the spread of pain to the limbs or buttocks, they claim the development of rheumatism.
Pain in different parts of the ridge
When the back hurts when lying down, doctors recommend paying attention to their localization. Discomfort in the lumbar may indicate problems with the pelvic organs, the development of urolithiasis, fractures, cancer metastases or uterine pathology in women.
Pathology of the heart and lungs, digestive tract organs can cause discomfort in the thoracic region, and arthrosis, scoliosis, and other bone diseases in the cervical region.
Usually, with diseases of the internal organs, pain is not associated with the movement of the spinal column, and muscle tissue stiffness does not develop. In the supine position, the discomfort does not go away, but its intensity depends on changes in the activity of the affected organs. Often the pain is accompanied by other symptoms, such as nausea, frequent urination, and so on.
Causes of the disease associated with pathology of the spine
Back pain when lying on the back can also occur with pathologies of the spinal column:
- Ankylosing spondylitis is an inflammatory disease of the joints and spine, characterized by the appearance of pain at night and stiffness in the morning. When a person wakes up, his body is constrained, so it takes him some time to “disperse.” As the disease progresses, the joints begin to fuse together, the posture is disturbed.
- Arthrosis in the third and fourth stages is caused by the appearance of a constant back pain, which does not go away even during sleep. Also there is the appearance of weather sensitivity, limitation of movements. In advanced cases, pathology leads to disability.
- Rheumato >
Note! Usually, back pain when lying on the back is chronic, since people do not respond to their appearance in a timely manner and do not eliminate the cause of their development. After some time, negative feelings may disappear, and then reappear.
Methods of examination
In case of discomfort and discomfort in the back, it is necessary to undergo an examination with a vertebrologist.
First, the doctor will study the history of the disease, will examine the spinal column and its palpation. Then he prescribes the following diagnostic methods:
- X-ray to exclude fracture of the vertebral structures;
- MRI to study muscle tissue;
- Laboratory tests of blood and urine in order to detect inflammation and determine the condition of the genitourinary system;
- Consultation with a neurologist to exclude pinching of nerves;
- Cardiogram to study the condition of the heart.
Additionally, the doctor may schedule a consultation with a gynecologist, proctologist, gastroenterologist or oncologist.
After making an accurate diagnosis, the doctor prescribes an individual comprehensive treatment. As medical therapy, anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs are used, for example, Analgin and Spazmolgon, multivitamins, as well as drugs whose action is aimed at strengthening bones and cartilage, maintaining the body’s tone.
If an oncological disease is detected, the treatment strategy is developed by the oncologist, which includes chemotherapy.
Physiotherapy, exercise therapy, acupuncture, massage and swimming, hirudotherapy are also prescribed. The doctor can prescribe the wearing of a corset, the exclusion of any power loads, moderate physical activity. In the presence of fractures, bed rest is attributed.
Prognosis and prevention
The prognosis of the disease will depend on the cause of its appearance and the effectiveness of therapy. For the purpose of prevention, doctors recommend adhering to several rules:
- Use orthopedic mattresses during sleep;
- Monitor your posture and body weight;
- Walking in comfortable shoes; women need to walk in heels no more than two hours a day;
- Do not make sudden movements and turns;
- From time to time to change the load on the ridge;
- Eat less salt and minerals;
- Use clean water;
- Periodically take massage courses;
- Use multivitamins periodically;
- Visit the pool regularly;
- If unpleasant symptoms occur, you must consult a doctor to undergo an examination.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .