Osteochondrosis is a deformation of the articular cartilage, bone tissue of the spine and intervertebral discs.
Causes of osteochondrosis:
- upright posture
- spinal injuries
- flat feet
- frequent weight lifting
- frequent changes in body position,
- prolonged stay in uncomfortable postures,
- spinal overload,
- lack of exercise and obesity,
- stressful conditions.
- Stages of osteochondrosis
- Symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
- Treatment of osteochondrosis with medicines
- Can osteochondrosis be completely cured?
- Causes and early diagnosis of osteochondrosis
- Effective treatment for osteochondrosis
- Complete elimination of osteochondrosis forever
- Is osteochondrosis treated with traditional medicine?
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine – treatment at home
- What is osteochondrosis of the lumbar?
- The release of natural endorphins
- Increase your sleep duration
- Strengthening Torso Muscles
- Mitigating pain with cold and heat
- Hamstring Stretch
- Salt baths
- The use of plants in the fight against osteochondrosis
- Bonus Tip
- Video – Lumbar osteochondrosis. Exercises for the lumbar spine
- Osteochondrosis – clinics in Moscow
- Is it possible to get r >
- Cervical osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbar
- How to treat osteochondrosis at home
- Can osteochondrosis be cured forever?
- Massage for osteochondrosis
Stages of osteochondrosis
- Due to certain changes in the intervertebral disc, vertebral instability appears. The spine is very prone to injury.
- The beginning of the destruction of the fibrous ring of the intervertebral disc. The intervertebral gap decreases.
- There is a rupture of the fibrous ring. The gelatinous core of the intervertebral disc protrudes. Due to the formation of an intervertebral hernia, spinal deformity is provoked.
- There is a pronounced pain syndrome. Due to the formation of bone growths and ossification of the ligaments of the spine, movements become limited.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
Lumbar (lumbosacral) department
- Constant back pain aching in nature.
- A feeling of aching and numbness in the limbs.
- Decreased motor activity.
- Strengthening pain when making sudden movements, lifting weights, physical exertion, during sneezing and coughing.
- Pain in the arms and shoulders, headaches.
- Vertebral artery syndrome (burning, throbbing headache, dizziness, noise in the head, colored spots and “flies” in front of the eyes).
- Pain in the internal organs, in particular the chest (“count” in the chest) and the area of the heart.
The diagnosis is made at the neurologist’s appointment based on the patient’s complaints (pain, restricted mobility, etc.). The spine is examined by him in the position of the patient standing, sitting and lying (at rest and in motion). When examining the back, attention is drawn to posture, structural features of the trunk, lower angles of the shoulder blades, side contours of the neck and waist, the position of the shoulders, etc. After this, the doctor, as a rule, directs the patient to radiography, computed tomography or MRI, with the help of which the diagnosis is clarified and specified, the degree of damage is determined, and latent abnormalities are revealed. Based on the findings, the neurologist prescribes appropriate treatment. As a rule, this is a complex therapy, including the use of medicines, massage, exercise therapy and other methods.
Therapeutic exercises for osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine
Treatment of osteochondrosis with medicines
To begin with, it should be noted that at the initial stage of development of osteochondrosis in certain cases, you can do without drugs. It will be enough to use therapeutic gymnastics, all kinds of applicators (“Lyapko” roller, Kuznetsov applicator), as well as reducing stress and eliminating other causes of the disease. If the symptoms are gaining strength, and studies have shown characteristic changes, medications should be included that help to influence both the cause and the symptoms of osteochondrosis.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with medicines is indicated during the period of its exacerbation and is aimed at relieving the inflammatory process, stopping the pain syndrome and enhancing metabolic processes due to internal administration or administration of drugs using injections.
Due to the fact that osteochondrosis is a systemic disease that adversely affects various organs and systems, its treatment should be comprehensive. Medicines for the treatment of osteochondrosis carry out the following tasks:
- removal of inflammation,
- improvement of blood circulation in affected tissues,
- cartilage repair
- returning mobility to the joints,
- elimination of depression caused by constant pain.
So, what kind of drugs can be prescribed by a neurologist to treat osteochondrosis?
- NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
Eliminate inflammation and pain. They are used externally (gel, cream), inside (capsules, tablets), and also as an injection (intramuscularly, intravenously, subcutaneously).
- diclofenac (voltaren, diclac)
- ibuprofen (nurofen, long)
- ketoprofen (ketonal, febrofid)
- nimesulide (nimesil, nise)
- meloxicam (movalis, movasin)
- Vasodilators (vasodilators)
As a result of muscle tension and pain in osteochondrosis, blood vessel constriction occurs. In order to avoid undesirable consequences against this background, the doctor may prescribe pentoxifylline (trental), which dilates blood vessels and improves tissue nutrition, as well as actovegin and berlition for a better restoring effect.
- Muscle relaxants (muscle relaxants)
They have a relaxing and calming effect on the muscles. The recovery process without drugs of this group proceeds more slowly, because due to their properties blood circulation is normalized, pain sensations become dull, mobility returns, and affected tissues recover faster. For these purposes, the doctor may be prescribed sirdalud, midocal or baclofen.
Chondroprotectors do not give further destruction, stabilize the condition. Reception of chondroprotectors is long, lifelong, the effect occurs after treatment for a period of at least 6 months. Chondroprotectors are used externally, orally and in the form of injections.
- glucosamine (don)
- chondroitin (chondroxide, structure)
- glucosamine + chondroitin (arthra)
- glucosamine + chondroitin + vitamins (teraflex)
- Alflutop (concentrate of 4 species of marine fish)
- Sedatives (sedatives)
Prolonged pain can trigger stress and depression. In this case, valerian preparations, motherwort, combined herbal preparations are prescribed. For more severe disorders, antidepressants (symbalta) are used, and sleeping pills (donormil) are used to improve the process of falling asleep and the quality of sleep.
- Vitamins and Vitamin and Mineral Complexes
Vitamins of group B are of greater importance here, as they are able to restore the sensitivity of the affected nerve fibers and reduce pain. They are part of such drugs as milgamma (tablets and injection) and neuromultivitis (tablets).
For the purpose of general strengthening of the body, vitamin-mineral complexes (compliance, multi-tabs) can also be prescribed.
Can osteochondrosis be completely cured?
Each victim of cartilage deformity asks himself a question: can osteochondrosis be cured? This disease is not only accompanied by chronic pain in damaged joints, but also a feeling of flowing and numbness of the limbs. A typical lesion of osteochondrosis is the intervertebral discs. Without treatment, pathological changes progress, which leads to a significant decrease in the quality of human life.
Causes and early diagnosis of osteochondrosis
Any treatment of chronic diseases should be oriented in two directions:
- symptomatic relief;
- elimination of the cause.
The origin of osteochondrosis is still not well understood, but many predisposing factors have already been identified:
- incomplete recovery after fractures and bruises of the spinal column;
- unbalanced diet poor in calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and E;
- flat feet and improper distribution of weight on the foot during pregnancy, with constant wearing of shoes with an uncomfortable shoe;
- inadequate load on the spine with a weak muscle frame;
- chronic dehydration;
- lack of physical activity, sedentary lifestyle;
- sudden cessation of training in professional sports;
- chemical dependence: alcoholism, drug addiction, smoking.
Recently it became known that there is a hereditary predisposition to osteochondrosis, that is, dystrophic disturbances in cartilage tissues are formed due to disturbances in the absorption of mineral substances. At the first signs of the development of the disease, it is important to immediately contact a neurologist: the sooner the examination is conducted and the course of treatment is selected, the better. What are the symptoms of the disease and where can the lesions be located?
- Changes in the cartilaginous tissue of the intervertebral discs of the cervical region are manifested by noise in the head, weakness, dizziness, flickering of colored and dark spots in front of the eyes, and a severe headache. Pain in the upper limbs and shoulders occurs due to pinching of the vertebral artery, often with osteochondrosis a hernia between the discs is formed, arthrosis of the joints of the spine. The disease is accompanied by aching pain in the neck, numbness of the skin. Osteochondrosis of the cervical region is of great danger for people with heart failure and other functional disorders of the circulatory system.
- If the pathology affects the cartilage of the chest, the nerve endings are impaired, as a result of which the pain spreads to the chest area and back. Intense pain can be transmitted to the heart, stomach, and other organs.
- Damage to the lumbar region leads to lower back pain, sagging and tingling in the legs, and herniation of the intervertebral discs causes shooting pain, weakness and difficulty in muscle control.
In all cases of osteochondrosis, difficulty in movement and back turns can be observed. Pain sensations increase with heavy lifting, with sneezing and coughing, with laughter. Recently, there has been a tendency to osteochondrosis disease of more and more young people. If until recently, the age of patients began from 35 years, now young people from 20-22 years of age are being monitored. This is facilitated by the underdevelopment of the muscle corset and a sedentary lifestyle.
Effective treatment for osteochondrosis
What drugs will you need to take in order to completely cure osteochondrosis? Differential diagnosis is carried out not only by examining the spine in various positions, but also using radiography, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. Osteochondrosis is often combined with other diseases, for example, with a hernia of the intervertebral discs or with arthrosis of the intervertebral joints. Surgery is performed only in extreme cases, conservative treatment is usually prescribed. If the patient responsibly refers to the doctor’s recommendations, the exacerbation can be removed in a maximum of three months. After this comes the rehabilitation period, which lasts about a year.
- to eliminate the inflammatory process and for pain relief – Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, Diclofenac or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- local novocaine blockade in case of severe pain;
- in severe cases, injectable steroids, epidural, intramuscular preparations;
- topical ointments with analgesic and warming effects: Nise, Finalgon, Fastum gel and others;
- muscle relaxant preparations, muscle relaxants, for example, Midokalm, Sirdalud, to relieve spasms;
- complex vitamin therapy for metabolic correction, to accelerate the regeneration of bone and cartilage, vitamins of the B group, for example, B6, B12, B1.
Physiotherapy of osteochondrosis is based on stimulating the blood supply to the affected areas of the spine, on restoring the flexibility and mobility of the articular-ligamentous apparatus. What methods help to achieve progress in treatment?
Complete elimination of osteochondrosis forever
If you do not take into account the genetic factor, which affects only the predisposition to the disease, and is not a guarantee of an illness, then all other causes of osteochondrosis can either be eliminated or significantly reduced. What methods preserve and rehabilitate the functions of the spine?
- physical exercises aimed at relieving pressure from nerve roots;
- therapeutic massage with the help of a qualified and competent manual therapy specialist;
- spinal traction, exercises on a special simulator to reduce pressure between the vertebrae;
- acupuncture – acupuncture, irritation with the help of needles of acupuncture points, responsible for the coordination of certain reflexes;
- In the initial stages, electrophoresis, laser and magnetic therapy, and ultrasound are used.
Osteochondrosis is a disease in the treatment of which voluntary care of the patient is critical. No, not even the best specialist can do the necessary set of exercises for the victim.
Often, after the pain recedes, patients stop doing therapeutic exercises, and after a while a very painful relapse occurs. Exercises from the therapeutic gymnastics complex contribute to a good blood supply to the intervertebral discs, which means that they reduce the risk of re-exacerbation of osteochondrosis.
A patient who regularly maintains his muscle corset in good shape, evenly distributes the load on his back and leads an active lifestyle, may not remember osteochondrosis for decades.
Is osteochondrosis treated with traditional medicine?
Traditional medicine knows many ways to relieve mild pain due to the use of poisons of plant origin. Decoctions and alcohol tinctures of poisonous medicinal plants, for example, celandine, are used as compresses on damaged joints. It is impossible to visit baths and saunas, breathe essential oils, use hot lotions, poultices and compresses during an acute attack of osteochondrosis – this will cause deterioration.
Due to a misunderstanding of the mechanism of the development of the disease, many citizens believe that osteochondrosis is the deposition of salts of unknown chemical composition in the joint of crystals of crystals.
After such a conclusion, they treat the disease by taking a large amount of home-made diuretics and water, and exclude salt from their diet.
Such actions are futile and dangerous. Osteochondrosis is caused by thinning of the cartilage, due to which the articular surfaces of the bones move with less amortization, which leads to pain and limited mobility. Is it possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis only with traditional medicine? Without physical therapy, osteochondrosis is not treated by any means, and traditional medicine should be used after receiving the approval of the attending physician.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine – treatment at home
Do you suffer from constant pain in the lower back? Most likely the pain you are experiencing is nothing but manifestations of osteochondrosis. This disease originates from improper posture, and is rapidly becoming a familiar condition for modern people of all ages. If you decide to eliminate osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, home treatment is the first step on the road to recovery.
What is osteochondrosis of the lumbar?
Osteochondrosis is a special form of inflammation of the joints, which mainly affects various parts of the spine. Most often, pain occurs in the upper (cervical) or lower (lumbar) region, it can also alternate. Just a few years ago, the victims of this ailment were mostly elderly people, but in the modern world new habits and changes in people’s lifestyle have arisen that have led to the “rejuvenation” of the disease. Now the first signs of osteochondrosis can be seen even in adolescents, starting at the age of 14.
A sedentary lifestyle, invariably sitting position throughout the day, significantly affect the health of our bones and joints. Over time, pain symptoms fetter us more and more, they begin to interfere with everyday tasks, such as caring for children and home cleaning. Fortunately, the manifestations of osteochondrosis can be easily controlled and reduced with the help of simple techniques and changes in habits.
The release of natural endorphins
Endorphins are natural hormones of happiness that are produced by our body daily. However, most people do not know that besides happiness, these hormones bring relief from pain. When a large charge of endorphins is released, pain impulses cease to flow into the brain. They also relieve anxiety, stress, depression, which are frequent companions of chronic pain, and make it more intense.
Try adding the following activities to your daily schedule:
- aerobic exercise;
- back massage;
- meditation and yoga.
Increase your sleep duration
Aching night pain in the back is a common cause of insomnia. About two-thirds of people with chronic back pain suffer from some form of sleep disorder, cannot fall asleep, or wake up several times during the night. A restless, short sleep can make back pain even more unbearable. A vicious circle forms and it becomes clear that treating only pain is not effective. If you have problems falling asleep, you need to deal with their treatment as well.
Strengthening Torso Muscles
The abs and back muscles play a crucial role in supporting the lower back. During the day, these muscles are in a frozen state of tension, and special regular exercises are needed to strengthen them.
There is a huge variety of training exercises, the implementation of which takes no more than half an hour. If you are new to sports and fitness, even just sitting with a flat back on a rubber ball for 30 minutes a day will be of great benefit to your back and strengthen your abs.
If you want to learn in more detail how to do the exercises correctly for the spine on the gym ball, as well as consider which gym ball to buy and contraindications for use, you can read the article about it on our portal.
Mitigating pain with cold and heat
Do not underestimate the possibilities of reducing pain by applying cold or hot compresses.
Table. Types of temperature effects.
|Type of temperature effect||Advantages||Methods of Use|
|Cold exposure||Reduced inflammatory processes that contribute to the appearance of lower back pain. Local anesthetic effect, due to slowing down the transmission of pain impulse along the nerve fiber.||Contrast shower, hardening after a bath and a sauna, cold compresses, massage with cooling creams.|
|Heat exposure||Stimulation of blood circulation, which leads to improved nutrition in the inflamed area, as well as a decrease in pain sensitivity.||Hot shower or bath, applying a heating pad, warming gels, the use of cedar barrels.|
Tension in the tendons of the knees is an often overlooked cause of back pain. These tendons are located on the back of the thigh, and when overstrained, they do not allow the body weight to be distributed as expected, which leads to stagnation in the muscles of the pelvis and lower back. It is imperative to pay attention to these muscles and stretch them daily, morning and evening. It is advisable to perform them regularly, carefully and carefully, otherwise you can harm yourself instead of benefit. The most basic thigh muscle stretching exercise is to bring the knee to the chest while lying down. The movements should be smooth, without sharp jerks, the initial and final position should be fixed for 10-20 seconds.
This simple method helps to quickly get rid of pain and stagnation in the muscles and joints in osteochondrosis. It is recommended to use sea bath salt, or Epsom salt. The advantage of the latter is that the magnesium contained in the salt helps in regulating the acidity of the whole organism. As a result, muscle tension, signs of inflammation and swelling are reduced. Gradually, the pain in the neck and lower back disappears. All you need to do is add a pinch of salt to a warm bath, or prepare a paste of water and salt and rub into the affected area for 10-15 minutes. This procedure is contraindicated for people with high blood pressure, kidney disease and diabetes.
The use of plants in the fight against osteochondrosis
- Garlic is a great medicine, according to Ayurvedic medicine advocates, especially if you have pain due to joint problems and arthritis. Garlic preparations are a good anti-inflammatory agent and analgesic. To alleviate the symptoms of osteochondrosis, you need to use two raw garlic slices on an empty stomach every morning, drinking plenty of water. You can also use the oil cooked with garlic cloves, applying it to the affected areas, and then take a hot bath for relief.
If you want to learn in more detail what exercises you need to carry out to strengthen the muscles of the lumbar, you can read the article about it on our portal.
Find activities that will make you happy. Constant pain can harm your life, adversely affect your close relationships, finances and your ability to be effective and able to work at work and at home. Osteochondrosis can also interrupt your sleep and affect your mood. Since many other problems usually arise from chronic lower back pain, all you can do for yourself, which is a natural antidepressant, will help.
Some people think that it’s enough to do only three things that bring joy or satisfaction every day. For example, enjoying a comforting cup of tea or coffee, calling an old friend, walking with a dog or a long 30-second hug from a loved one can make the pain more bearable.
Even if you experience severe pain and undergo extensive medical treatment, we recommend that you continue to try to remember the simple things you can do for yourself to help you heal and become stronger and healthier over time.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Video – Lumbar osteochondrosis. Exercises for the lumbar spine
Osteochondrosis – clinics in Moscow
Choose among the best clinics by reviews and the best price and make an appointment
Is it possible to get r >
Not everyone can boast of a healthy spine. Everyone knows about the need to maintain proper posture, but many do not follow the truth, dooming themselves to suffering in the future. A common disease of the main building frame of the body is osteochondrosis. The disease manifests itself in unpleasant pain in the back and chest and neck. During the course of the disease, the natural mobility of the vertebrae is lost.
Many patients are interested in the important question: “Can osteochondrosis be cured?” The first thing that a person who has felt the first manifestations of the disease should do is to seek qualified help from a specialist. Diagnosing yourself and conducting any treatment can be extremely dangerous to health.
It is important to understand! To some extent, every person has osteochondrosis; the disease is caused by upright posture.
Up to half of the able-bodied population to one degree or another suffer from this ailment. Next, we will try to answer the question of interest to us whether osteochondrosis can be cured and what are the measures for the prevention of the disease.
Is it possible to cure osteochondrosis of the cervical spine? Let’s try to figure it out. Do not listen to acquaintances, relatives and do not get carried away reference books. Make an appointment with a doctor who will make the correct diagnosis. The neutralization of the causes is the treatment, if this is not the result of genetic heredity, infection, etc.
Know! Since this condition is caused mainly by the aging of the body, the disease is difficult to prevent, but good posture and strong back muscles will be useful in this regard.
The considered variety of the disease manifests itself with a constant sedentary lifestyle. At risk are:
- office workers;
- computer game lovers;
- aged people.
If you have to type at a computer for a long time or sit still, doing other things, then over time you can “earn” the described disease, which is expressed at first by unpleasant discomfort, and then by constant pain. This is clearly manifested by assemblers on the conveyor who repeat the same type of action thousands of times a day with the same uncomfortable position.
Answering the question: is it possible to cure cervical osteochondrosis with exercises, one can confidently answer that the disease cannot be completely cured, however, its manifestations can be reduced. To do this, you need to follow a number of prevention rules that will relieve muscle tension and minimize pain.
If possible, change the job if the “root of evil” is in it. For the same activities where you can take constant breaks, it is recommended to interrupt more often, and, say, take a walk around the office. Thus, you will stretch the muscles, relieve tension, after which the pressure inside the cervical region will decrease, the spasm of the vessels will disappear, which means that there will be no pinched nerve endings. For proper home treatment for cervical osteochondrosis, it’s useful to do exercise therapy,
One of the very effective methods of treatment are physical exercises. First of all, you need to warm up the muscles, for this, take a warm bath. Then proceed to the exercises.
- Turn your head left and right ten times. This improves blood circulation and metabolic processes.
- Lower your head, chin touching your neck. Then lift and look at the ceiling with your eyes. Repeat ten times.
- Take turns moving your shoulders up and down.
Important! When doing exercises, during breaks you need to completely relax and take a deep breath and exhale.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbar
This section of the spine takes large loads daily, which can cause progressive dystrophy and deformation of the intervertebral discs. This applies to people engaged in heavy physical labor or suffering from overweight. The disease can even haunt athletes whose achievements depend on weight lifting. Can lumbar osteochondrosis be cured? Let’s consider further.
Prevention is important to start from an early age. Do not let your child lift heavy objects. This also applies to full backpacks with books that can ruin not only posture. In adulthood, do not forget about precautions. Let’s consider some recommendations:
- lead an active lifestyle;
- walk with a straight back;
- do not lift weights;
- secure a proper sleep;
- try not to be in one position for a long time.
It is good to do wellness yoga – be sure of the beneficial effects that this method has. Consult with your doctor and in no case experiment with unknown methods that often give the opposite effect. Among the well-known factors that affect the onset of the disease, note:
- improper diet;
- non-observance of sleep and rest;
- constant stress;
- lack of sleep;
- metabolic disorder;
- genetic heredity.
To summarize, it should be noted that proper treatment and prevention will cause the disease to recede.
How to treat osteochondrosis at home
Let’s try to answer the question: how can osteochondrosis be treated at home? Representatives of medicine recommend an integrated approach. The treatment measures include physical activity. Engage in regular jogging and do the usual muscle exercises that everyone knows from childhood can and should. It is recommended to reduce weight lifting (weights) and similar types of exercises on simulators. There should not be any big load on the back.
Do not ignore the advice and recommendations of a doctor. There are a lot of funds for treating a house. Some of them include:
- Apparatus for magnetotherapy. Magnetotherapy leads to the stimulation of regenerative processes in the intervertebral disc. It is a good obstacle to the further progression of the disease;
- Turpentine baths. Procedures cause relaxation of tense muscles and, thereby, contribute to the removal of pain. Through the skin pores, toxic metabolic products are removed, and the organs are saturated with nutrients delivered with blood.
- You can use self-massage. This method consists in independent action on the muscles of the neck and back, in order to relieve tension and increase blood flow.
- It is recommended to perform gymnastics and often walk in the fresh air.
Can osteochondrosis be cured forever?
The disease is completely impossible to exclude from the patient’s life. Even the operational option will leave reminders and significant limitations. However, you can get rid of painful symptoms and prevent the further development of the disease. Once again, we note that the disease manifests itself in a person primarily due to the fact that he leads a vertical lifestyle, and the load on the spine decreases only in a horizontal position.
At the same time, lying on high pillows and watching TV will be harmful, so there is a load on the cervical region due to the unnatural bending of the head. Experts recommend the use of orthopedic products in the form of pillows and mattresses. For their correct choice, you should get advice from an orthopedist. Proper sleep during osteochondrosis is an important step towards recovery.
Massage for osteochondrosis
The answer to the question: is it possible to cure osteochondrosis with massage, depends on the causes of the disease. If the appearance of the disease was affected by a congenital pathology of the spine or infectious diseases, massage is unlikely to help. In other cases, this method is quite effective. Manual therapy and massages can help, but they will not save you from the disease itself, if you do not change your lifestyle and workflow.
There are many ways that can dramatically change the course of the disease. These include:
- Reduce the length of work in an inclined position if you are engaged in conveyor production. This is achieved by fitting the carts with inventory and the necessary racks.
- If you work on a high platform, then you should think about a special opening, standing in it, you can perform operations without bending your head.
Memo to the office worker:
- position the monitor screen at eye level or slightly lower;
- feet necessarily touch the floor (take the stand);
- change the position of the body when tired or immediately get up, taking a break;
- elbows should not be stressed.
The following tips can also be given to recommendations for office workers:
- the back should rest completely on the back of the chair just above the lower back;
- shoulders down and straightened;
- the neck is relaxed and tilted back;
- wrists are in natural relaxation without tilting up;
- knees should be below the elbows.
The employer must provide you with a comfortable place to work. An office chair is the same working equipment that must be in good condition.
It is not forbidden to use various methods of treatment without a doctor’s prescription, but in this case you take full responsibility for the future of the body, because any manipulations with the spine affect all parts of the human body. Remember that it is in the spine that all nerve endings are concentrated. Listen to the body, pain is a signal of urgent help. Be healthy and do not strain the spine!