Scoliosis in adolescents is one of the most common forms of the disease. Girls get sick 4 times more often than boys. At the earliest stages, you can distinguish the disease from scoliotic posture by conducting a test at home. Ask the child to lean forward, the back muscles are well visualized in this position, you will notice their possible uneven development on the one hand, or bulging of the scapula.
Pathology in adolescents is manifested by such symptoms:
• asymmetry of body parts on both sides;
• the presence of different gaps between the lowered hands and the level of the hips;
• the head is pathologically deflected to the side, and not located in the center;
• when leaning forward, the ribs on one side do not protrude correctly;
• one shoulder blade is bulged out more than another;
• fatigue, headache, respiratory failure, disruption of the digestive tract.
Subscribe to our Instagram page!
The reason for the development of pathology of the spine is an incorrect posture, with long sitting in one position, inflammatory processes, carrying heaviness in one hand, a hereditary predisposition. In 90% of cases, idiopathic scoliosis is diagnosed – arising without a specific reason.
The precursors of the disease are previously transferred pathological processes. For example, rickets is a disease associated with a lack of vitamin D. Children who were born in winter and autumn must walk outside for as long as possible. in the body, vitamin is synthesized under the influence of sunlight. If the disease is not cured in time, then the structure of the bones of the skull is violated, they soften. Parietal and occipital tubercles appear on the head, legs take the form of a wheel. The treatment is carried out in large doses of vitamin D.
Flat feet – affects the formation of a stooped posture in adolescents. Their center of gravity shifts, trying not to fall, the person leans forward arbitrarily. Causes of pathology: congenital atrophy of muscles, wearing the wrong shoes, overweight. The treatment is prescribed by an orthopedist, focusing on gymnastics, massage and physiotherapy.
Often, scoliosis in adolescents is a manifestation of other diseases: cerebral palsy, disorders of the hip joints. Those diseases that increase the load on the spine lead to deformity of the vertebrae. Injuries received during childbirth provoke the development of scoliosis. Improper posture when sitting at a desk also leads to curvature of the spine.
- Treatment of spinal curvature in adolescents
- Preventative tips and exercises for proper posture
- How to cure scoliosis at home? Treatment of scoliosis at home + Photo
- Features of scoliosis
- Scoliosis Classification
- Speculotherapy for scoliosis at home
- Complex of exercises
- Exercises for pathology of the first degree
- Exercise for scoliosis of the second degree
- Exercises for pathology of the third degree
- Posture control
- Exercise therapy for scoliosis
- Treatment of scoliosis in children at home
- Recommendations for treating scoliosis in adolescents at home
- Traditional medicine in the treatment of scoliosis
- How to cure scoliosis in adolescents?
- General information
- The degrees of scoliosis and their features
- Scoliosis of the 1st degree
- Scoliosis 2 degrees in adolescents
- Scoliosis 3 severity in adolescents
- Full description of treatment tactics
- Corset for teens
- Physiotherapeutic treatment
- Can scoliosis be treated surgically?
- How to treat scoliosis at home: methods and tips
- What is scoliosis
- Signs of Scoliosis
- Scoliosis Treatment Principles
- How to treat scoliosis at home?
- What stage can be treated at home
Treatment of spinal curvature in adolescents
When diagnosing a disease in 12-16 years, complex treatment is prescribed. It includes physiotherapy exercises, massage, exercises in the pool, physical activity. In advanced cases, a corset is prescribed when the deformation progresses and does not exceed 50 degrees. For the correct selection of treatment, the doctor takes into account the degree of curvature of the spine, age, causes of development.
In cases where the curvature is more than 50 degrees, surgical treatment is used. During the operation, correctors are installed that support the spine and stop its further deformations. Metal rods fix the spinal column, after which the patient wears a plaster corset for a long time.
The selection of orthopedic corsets is approached with caution and special attention. With its help, the spine is forcibly given the correct shape. With prolonged wearing of the corset, the muscles are inactive and atraf, which leads to an aggravation of the pathology. When treating, a prerequisite is an appeal to related specialists: gastroenterologist, neurologist, ENT specialist, dentist.
Another method of treating scoliosis is Schrot gymnastics, based on asymmetric breathing, which is directed in the opposite direction from the curvature. The patient is taught to take breaths with concave patches on the back. Further, the specialist places the hand in this area, and the patient raises it on inspiration, it is very difficult. The exhalation takes place through half-closed lips. So the work of the internal muscles of the chest, which cannot be worked out with massages and exercise therapy, is accomplished.
Preventative tips and exercises for proper posture
The ideal option for the prevention of scoliosis is proper exercise and habits from early childhood. Be sure to choose the right bed and mattress, choose a table and chair based on your child’s height. The main principle is to get your feet to the floor. Develop a rest regimen, watch what position he reads, writes, sits in. Tell him that in between lessons, you must move and change position.
Do not buy a bag for a teenager to go to school with her. Wearing heaviness in one hand leads to scoliosis. Choose a backpack, not large, with wide handles. Teach your child to always keep the correct posture: turn your shoulders, raise your head slightly, your stomach does not go beyond the line of the chest.
Some exercises for a flat back:
• raise your hands up, alternate walking on tiptoe with a simple step;
• Keep your hands behind your back, fasten them into a lock, alternate steps on your heels with the usual step;
• hands stretch forward with open palms, walk with high hips;
• in the supine position, bring your arms up, lift your legs and make movements as if pedaling a bicycle;
• in a kneeling position, rest your hands on the floor, while inhaling, bend your back down, freeze, round your back and exhale slowly;
• lie down on the floor, place your hands along the body, raise your legs and pull them to the head, try to reach with your fingers on the feet of the floor above the head;
Scoliosis in adolescents can be easily treated with the correct regimen established by parents. Create the child the most comfortable conditions for classes, write him in the gymnastics section, in the pool, for dancing. The less he sits at home in front of a computer, the healthier his spine.
Watch us on YouTube:
How to cure scoliosis at home? Treatment of scoliosis at home + Photo
Scoliosis – a curvature of the spine, is a serious disease that significantly affects the quality of life. The pathology is often accompanied by discomfort and pain, heart failure, frequent headaches.
If you do not consult a specialist in time, it will be possible to cure scoliosis only with the help of surgical intervention.
This article will discuss how to cure scoliosis at home.
Features of scoliosis
As a rule, pathology is most common among children and adolescents. Scoliosis in adults is extremely rare and it is much more difficult to treat it, in 95% of cases surgical intervention is necessary. Children’s scoliosis is treatable at home, due to the high plasticity of the skeletal system.
Before proceeding with the treatment of scoliosis, it is necessary to determine it, classify it.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Types of scoliosis: congenital and acquired.
According to the shape of the deformation, the following types are distinguished:
- – C-shaped, the curvature has the shape of an arc;
- – S-shaped curvature, characterized by a curvature along two arcs in different directions;
- – Z-shaped, the most complex type of curvature, characterized by three bends, this type of scoliosis affects all parts of the spine.
According to the location, there are:
There is also a classification according to the degree of curvature:
- Scoliosis of the first degree, at this stage, the curvature is weak, there is a different height of the shoulders, the angle of curvature is from 5 to 10 degrees, accompanied by a slight stoop. The patient does not experience pain, does not have a serious danger to the body.
- Scoliosis of the second degree, characterized by pronounced curvature of the spine, a rib hump of small size is visually noticeable. The angle of curvature is 11-25 degrees. The asymmetry of the shoulder blades and the presence of arched bends of the spine are observed. Accompanied by pain and discomfort.
- Scoliosis of the third degree, characterized by deforming processes of the chest, a strong deviation of the body towards the curvature, there is a large rib hump. The angle of curvature is from 25 to 50 degrees. Pathology is accompanied by a displacement of internal organs, a violation of their functioning. The patient experiences persistent severe pain in the back and chest.
- Scoliosis of the fourth degree, accompanied by severe deformation of the skeleton, with disruption of the heart system and lungs. A strong irreversible change in the body occurs, the front and rear humps appear. The angle of curvature is more than 50 degrees. Due to displacement of the internal organs. Circulatory disturbance occurs, the patient is constantly experiencing severe pain.
Speculotherapy for scoliosis at home
Complex of exercises
Exercises for pathology of the first degree
- To perform, you need a stick, then the patient sits down on a chair directly, puts the stick behind his head and puts his shoulder. It is necessary to sit in this position for 10-15 minutes. Then take a break and do the exercise again.
- To stand near the wall, clinging to her heels, back and head. The patient must stand at least ten minutes.
- Twist the sheet into a roll, put it on a hard surface, lie down so that the roll is along the spine. It is necessary to lie down for ten minutes, in two sets.
- Hang on the horizontal bar and rotate the body to the right and left side alternately.
Exercise for scoliosis of the second degree
- Regular performance of the exercise “Swallow”;
- Get up exactly near the wall and slowly sit down on the walls when your knees bend, you need to rise.
- Lying on your back, do the scissors exercise.
- Perform exercise bike.
- Lying on his back, to bring one by one brings his legs to his stomach.
- The patient needs to kneel, rest his hands and perform bends up and down.
- Stand with your foot on a chair and tilt one foot at a time.
- Kneel on the floor, sit on the heels with your buttocks, stretch your arms forward, bend over, pressing your chest against the floor.
Exercises for pathology of the third degree
- Lie with your back on the floor, put your hands in a lock, bring them to the back of the head, while your elbows should look down.
- Alternately, it is necessary to bring the legs to the stomach, touching the knee.
- Lying on your stomach rest against the floor with your hands and raise your torso.
- Lying on your back you must complete the exercise “Bicycle”.
- Lying on your back to perform the exercise “Scissors”.
- Lying on your back, raise your legs up and spread them apart, then bring them together.
- Lie on your stomach, raise your head and shoulders.
- Lie on your back and try to stretch to the maximum.
- Lie on your stomach and on the floor to perform a movement resembling swimming.
If there is a suspicion of the development of scoliosis in a child, it is necessary to conduct a test to determine the pathology every two weeks. If the child’s posture is formed correctly, then all parts of the body will be symmetrical with respect to the spine.
Proportions of posture vary with age.
- In preschool children, the shoulders should not protrude forward, the shoulder blades are slightly extended backward, in the lumbar region there is a slight curvature of the spine forward.
- In school-age children, stoves are placed in an even horizontal position. The shoulder blades are pressed to the back, the spine itself has moderate physiological bends. The abdomen does not bulge, the parts of the body are symmetrical.
- In adolescents, the shoulder blades are pressed to the back, the spine has slight bends, the stomach is retracted.
Exercise therapy for scoliosis
After a diagnosis of scoliosis, the doctor prescribes a special set of exercises to perform at home. With regular classes, a positive effect is noticeable.
The benefits of exercise therapy for scoliosis:
- With regular training of intervertebral cartilage, ligaments and joints acquire the ability to recover.
- Relieves stress from the spine.
- It leads to a general improvement in the condition of the body.
To properly perform the exercises at home, you need to learn them together with a specialist.
A set of exercises:
- – stand upright, fold your palms and put in front of your eyes, pull your head up, retract your neck, then turn left and right;
- – stand up straight, slowly tilt your head back, then slowly forward;
- – perform head turns slowly in different directions, each time increasing the amplitude;
- – stand upright, lower your arms along the body, first lift the right shoulder up, then the left;
- – stand straight, fix the pelvis, squeeze the spine as much as possible so that the shoulders go down, then stretch the spine and try to reach your ears with your shoulders;
- – straighten your back and fix the pelvis, try to wrap your arms around an imaginary large ball, try to pull your arms forward, stretch your back and shoulder blades as much as possible;
- – sit on the floor, straighten your back, lean with your hands on the floor, inhaling to bend forward, try to reach your knees with your nose, and as you exhale, straighten your back;
- – in a standing position, bend the legs at the knees, place your hands on the belt, perform circular movements of the pelvis for 30 seconds, then change direction. The breathing should be calm and deep, the body slightly inclined forward, but the back should be straight.
- – stand up, feet shoulder width apart, lean forward trying to bend the lower back as much as possible.
Treatment of scoliosis in children at home
In childhood, scoliosis is much easier to treat. Children are advised to ride a bicycle regularly, go swimming, and keep their back straight. Monitor the child’s posture when he is doing homework to prevent deformation of the spine. Successful recovery largely depends on the actions of parents.
Recommendations for treating scoliosis in adolescents at home
The best effect can be achieved by performing regular exercises, such as: “swallow”, “scissors”, “bicycle”, “walking in place”.
Traditional medicine in the treatment of scoliosis
Traditional medicine is aimed at reducing pain. The basis of such recipes is medicinal plants, salts and honey. The maximum healing effect is achieved in combination with massage.
Scoliosis is a pathology that must be treated in the first and second stages, then the chance of a full recovery is much higher. The exercises described above bring maximum effect with regular exercises.
How to cure scoliosis in adolescents?
A fairly common topic on the Internet: how to treat scoliosis in a teenager? This question can be answered, but each parent who has encountered such a problem should understand that there are several stages of scoliosis in adolescents, so the treatment is also different.
When curving the spine, there are many modern and effective treatment methods.
Before proceeding with the treatment of various stages of scoliosis in adolescents, you need to know why there is a pathology of curvature of the spine. All causes are divided into two types – congenital and acquired.
With congenital scoliosis in a teenager, pathology is accompanied by an asymmetry of the pelvis and lower extremities. It should be noted that this problem is formed in the womb. Of course, such a curvature of the spine cannot be cured at an early age, so you need to be patient.
The second type is acquired teenage scoliosis. It occurs against the background of incorrect posture, with an injury to the limbs, and also if the child has an inflammatory process in the muscles.
Additional reasons include:
- Pelvic injury.
- Intervertebral hernia.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- K >Please note that scoliosis in adolescents occurs after undergoing surgical operations or with improper nutrition.
The degrees of scoliosis and their features
Scoliosis of the 1st degree
May occur in the lumbar, thoracic, or cervical region. With this course of pathology, the spine can tilt to the right or left side.
Note that scoliosis in adolescents of 1 degree of severity often occurs due to an inactive lifestyle. When afflicted with scoliosis of the thoracic spine, the spine bends to the right side. In this case, the child has pain in the back.
The treatment of scoliosis of the first degree in adolescents consists in standard therapy.
The treatment of scoliosis includes:
Therapeutic gymnastics, exercises are selected according to an indiv >Important for scoliosis in adolescents with a 1 degree of severity is the observance of proper nutrition, as well as undergo a full course of physiotherapy.
Scoliosis 2 degrees in adolescents
In this case, a teenager has a curvature of the spine in one segment or another. In this case, rotation of the vertebrae is observed directly at the apex of the curvature.
The main reason for the occurrence of scoliosis of the 2nd degree is the improper development of the musculoskeletal corset in a teenager. Therefore, if treatment is not started in time, a teenager may experience serious complications from the CVS and respiratory system.
Treatment of scoliosis of the 2nd degree is to strengthen the muscle corset. Therefore, the child needs to perform certain exercises daily (described below). The tactics of treatment are similar to scoliosis of the 1st degree, but in addition the child must pass:
- Reflexology course.
- Positional therapy.
- The course of respiratory gymnastics.
In most cases, doctors recommend that teenagers wear special corrective corsets.
Scoliosis 3 severity in adolescents
This means that your child has gone through all stages of the disease. This type of scoliosis is rare, the main reason for the occurrence is deformation of the spinal column, muscles and internal organs.
Treatment of scoliosis in adolescents with grade 3 must begin with exercise therapy. It is imperative to wear a tight corrective corset, take a course of post-isometric relaxation.
If the pathology is in serious condition, it is urgent to strengthen the muscles, this can be done with the help of electrical stimulation.
Important! Since the 3rd degree of scoliosis in adolescents makes them complete. Parents need to seek psychological help.
Full description of treatment tactics
If the parents do not find a pathology in a timely manner, serious consequences can occur (scoliosis will go to the most difficult stage).
So, from the above it can be concluded that the treatment of scoliosis in adolescents consists in passive correction, exercise therapy, massage and manual therapy. Let’s consider all separately.
Corset for teens
Currently, there are many good orthopedic corsets for scoliosis. To treat scoliosis with a corset means to maintain the correct position of the spinal column during curvature.
Correct the spine with a corset is possible only with 1-2 severity of scoliosis. If a teenager has grade 3, radical treatment methods must be taken.
A teenager needs to wear a corset for 6-12 months. Longer use is prescribed by the attending physician.
Note that the corset must be selected taking into account the age, weight and height of the child. Therefore, it is best to consult a specialist.
The second stage of treatment for scoliosis is physiotherapy. The goal of the procedures is to stimulate the muscular system itself. In addition, physiotherapy helps to completely restore the physiological position of the spine, as well as quickly improve blood circulation.
When scoliosis in adolescents is prescribed:
- РўСЂР ° РєС † РёРѕРЅРЅСѓСЋ С‚РµСЂР ° РїРёСЋ.
- Amplipulse therapy.
If these methods do not bring a positive effect, doctors with scoliosis prescribe additional vibration therapy, ultrasound irradiation. Teenagers also need to take warm therapeutic baths and apply mud compresses.
Correct the curvature of the spine in a teenager with the help of therapeutic massage. Treatment has a beneficial effect on all organs and systems. There are several types of massage, adult, child and adolescent, as well as tactics. Therefore, teenagers are better not to conduct a massage at home on their own.
Properly performed massage helps to relax muscles, increase tone. It is necessary to massage the entire back, the only way to achieve a positive result. Note that at the time of treatment with massages, most of the time is given to the problem area.
Perform one massage for 20 minutes. With such a problem, your child needs to go through 15-17 sessions.
Many do not believe that scoliosis can be treated with simple gymnastics. Actually it is possible, but only with the first or second degree of severity.
- Starting position with your back to the wall. The child needs to straighten his shoulders well in order to correct the position of the spinal column.
- You can carry the book on your head, while the back should be flat.
- Invite your child to do some small back exercises. For example, you can keep correct posture for 10 seconds. Such a seemingly simple exercise, it’s quite difficult for a child to complete, even without a problem. Therefore, parents need to interest their child. Perform the exercise 10-15 times, in addition, you can raise the shoulder blades.
- Another good exercise that will help you cure scoliosis in a comprehensive treatment is “scissors”. Your children from physical education lessons should perfectly understand what kind of exercise in question. We recall for parents: starting position: lying on your back, imitate “scissors”. Note that the legs should be 40 cm from the floor when doing the exercise.
- Pose: on all fours, in this position it is necessary to gently bend, and then vice versa bend the spine. Make sure that at the time of execution the child does not make sudden movements, otherwise severe pain will occur.
According to an indiv />
It is impossible to treat pathology in severe cases by the methods described above alone. Therefore, doctors prescribe medication as the main treatment.
To treat scoliosis in adolescence, you can use drugs that help improve blood circulation in the tissues, restore cartilage tissue (prescribe chondroprotectors).
In addition, the treatment includes the use of fortifying drugs and vitamins.
Can scoliosis be treated surgically?
Surgical treatment methods are used only with significant curvatures, which in turn disrupt the functioning of internal organs.
The main goal of surgical treatment is to immobilize a weak area of the vertebra. The fixing process is carried out using special medical staples.
So, we can conclude that scoliosis in a teenager has a chance to cure, the main thing is to consult a doctor in time. Therefore, do not self-medicate, because you can aggravate the course of the disease.
Remember that all exercises and treatment methods should be prescribed by a doctor who will evaluate the individual characteristics of your child’s body. The only thing you as a parent can do on your own is to control the treatment and recover in any sanatorium of your choice, in which scoliosis in children is treated.
How to treat scoliosis at home: methods and tips
Scoliosis or curvature of the spine to the side is a common disease in adolescence.
Oddly enough, it is caused by the inherent reflex to maintaining equilibrium.
With regular incorrect posture, such deviations of the not yet fully strengthened spine are fixed in the form of bends.
Depending on the degree of deformation, they have the likeness of the letters “S” or “Z”.
Scoliosis affects all systems and organs – the heart, blood vessels, respiratory, nervous systems, digestive organs and others.
Next, we will discuss how to correct scoliosis at home – as an additional treatment for the disease.
What is scoliosis
Scoliosis is a deformation of the position of the spine to the right or left of the axis. It occurs in childhood and at the initial stage with the help of corrective treatment passes completely. It can be localized in any part of the spine.
Depending on the shape of the curvature, scoliosis is divided into:
- C-shaped – with one bend;
- S-shaped – with two bends;
- Z-shaped – with three bends, is rare.
Signs of Scoliosis
- Asymmetry of similar parts of the body (e.g. shoulders, shoulder blades).
- Violation of the gait, body tilts when walking in one direction or another.
- Pain in different parts of the spine.
- Fatigue of the back.
- Changing the shape of the chest.
- Violation of the functions of internal organs.
In most cases, ideopathic scoliosis is diagnosed, i.e. with unclear etiology.
Sometimes the causes of scoliosis are:
- Distorted, one-sided or forced posture due to constant sitting or prolonged maintenance of a uniform body position.
- Congenital vertebral pathology.
- Violation of metabolic processes and softening of bones due to past diseases – poliomyelitis, rickets, osteomyelitis and others.
- Osteoporosis due to calcium deficiency.
- Pathologies or injuries in the spine, limbs, or pelvic bones.
- Muscular pathology, myositis.
- Cerebral palsy.
Scoliosis is more common with active development in adolescence, due to weak spinal muscles, girls suffer from it more than boys. The risk of disease is higher in people with an unbalanced diet and in lovers of carbonated drinks.
Scoliosis Treatment Principles
Can scoliosis be cured, and how to deal with the disease? There are several methods of treatment, depending on the degree of damage to the spine, one or another of them is effective.
But in most cases, a comprehensive, conservative treatment is used, including:
- Breathing exercises using different principles. For example, gymnastics Schrot. Thanks to this technique, its author defeated scoliosis. The essence of the method is that the spine is compared with a rubber ball, on which there are dents – bends. To get rid of the dent, giving the ball a perfect shape, you need to direct the air flow to this place. And in order to return to the spine its physiological form, it is necessary to inhale the concave parts. This method of therapeutic breathing is used only under the supervision of a specially trained instructor. It identifies problem areas on the patient’s body that need to be inhaled. The exhalation is carried out through closed lips, it is long. If desired, anyone can learn asymmetric breathing. This technique is widely used in world practice.
- Therapeutic massage is carried out at any stage of scoliosis. With it, they get rid of pain, improve blood circulation and strengthen muscles so that they can hold the spine. The essence of these procedures is to help concave areas to relax, and convex – to activate. Treatment sessions are carried out three times a year for 15-20 procedures. And it should be just a massage, not self-massage.
- Physiotherapy. Scoliosis treatment is carried out by electrical stimulation, water thermal procedures. All of them are applied in courses of 10-15 sessions. Ozokerite and paraffin wraps normalize lymph drainage and blood circulation in the shoulder girdle. And sodium chloride baths increase the tone of the body.
In severe cases and when conservative treatment is powerless, surgical intervention is necessary. It is used for painful pains, with limited functioning of the heart and lungs, and when scoliosis is constantly progressing.
The methods of operations are different, but always in their course the patient is implanted with metal structures to maintain the spine, which remain in the body forever. This eliminates pain, squeezing organs, removes the hump. But the spine after that is motionless.
How to treat scoliosis at home?
Treatment of scoliosis at home involves a set of measures aimed at improving and stabilizing the patient’s condition. Not every scoliosis can be treated at home.
What stage can be treated at home
Experts consider such categories of patients who can be treated at home to have a chance of recovery:
- Children up to 7 years old at 1-3 degrees. Scoliosis in early childhood is completely cured. Especially great chances are for children under three years old with an active lifestyle.
- Children under 11 years old with the same degrees of illness are cured by massage, exercise therapy and corrective corsets. The forecast is considered favorable.
- In the first or second degrees in adolescents and adults, the disease is not completely treated. But with a non-progressive form, you can successfully maintain a stable state.
The first stage of scoliosis, which is diagnosed only with the help of x-rays or MRI, needs therapeutic massage and physical education in several courses, as well as prophylactic control of posture.
The second degree can be treated with the same methods, they are regularly added wearing a corrective corset for several hours. Sometimes there is a need for its use at night. At this stage, pain does not happen or they are minor, therefore, medication, as a rule, is not necessary.
In the third degree, home treatment is rarely and limitedly applied. Often, in addition to swimming, massage, manual therapy and prolonged wearing of a corset, pain relief and, possibly, surgical intervention are necessary. The treatment of the fourth degree of scoliosis is extremely operative.