Deputy Head of the Department of Rheumatology
Israel every day more and more strengthens the status of a country with a highly developed healthcare system, and its medical centers have firmly taken a leading position in providing highly qualified medical care to patients with various diseases.
Thousands of people who want to recover from rheumatoid arthritis choose Assuta Complex Medical Center, one of the best medical centers in Israel. Diagnosis and treatment protocols in Assuta Complex meet all international requirements.
Assuta Complex employs only doctors who have been trained in the best clinics in Western Europe and the USA, specialists with vast experience and many years of experience – unsurpassed diagnosticians and virtuoso surgeons.
Assuta Medical Center The complex is equipped only with the latest equipment and cutting-edge equipment, which allow the diagnosis of any disease in the early stages and with the highest accuracy. And the use of minimally invasive techniques makes it possible to perform surgical interventions with minimal penetration into the body, to preserve the integrity of the organs and the high quality of life of the patient.
- Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis in Israel – Achieving High Results
- Modern treatments for rheumatoid arthritis in Israel
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Ultraprecise Diagnosis in Israel
- First day – inspection
- Day Two – Research
- Day Three – Preparation of a Treatment Plan
- Rheumatoid arthritis: symptoms of different types
- What are the general symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis that unites all its types?
- Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Treatment of seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
- Seropositive Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: why it occurs at such a young age
- Rheumatoid arthritis: relief in pregnant women and complicated in elderly
- Treatment of rheumato >
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Effective Arthritis Treatment in Israel
- Leading Israel Arthritis Clinics
- Symptoms of Arthritis
- Diagnosis of arthritis in Israel
- Leading Israeli rheumatologists
- Arthritis Treatments in Israel
- Video “Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Israel”
- Sanatorium treatment in Israel
- Benefits of Arthritis Treatment in Israel
Treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis in Israel – Achieving High Results
The treatment regimen for rheumatoid arthritis in the Assuta clinic. The complex combines medical methods and extracorporeal procedures.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Modern treatments for rheumatoid arthritis in Israel
- Drug treatment. In the clinic of Assuta Complex, the latest pharmacological preparations of the latest generation are used. First of all, immunosuppressants are prescribed to inhibit the development of autoimmune processes. In addition, steroid hormones, fibrinolytic enzymes, vitamin complexes and anti-inflammatory drugs are used.
- Extracorporeal hemocorrection. Using this technique, the patient’s blood is cleaned of autoimmune proteins, but only after special tests.
- Stem cell transplantation. In Israel, stem cell transplants are used to treat not only blood cancer, but also rheumatoid arthritis.
- Laser Therapy Using a laser, pathological proliferation of connective tissue is dissected.
- Cryotherapy. Low temperatures slow down further proliferation of connective tissue.
- Biological treatment
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Ultraprecise Diagnosis in Israel
The rheumatology department, Assuta Hospital in Israel uses the latest equipment and modern methods for the early diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.
First day – inspection
On the first day, the diagnostic doctor examines the patient, evaluates his general condition, analyzes the medical history and the brought results of analyzes and examinations.
Day Two – Research
- X-ray examination of the joints. In the early stages of the disease, swelling of the tissues surrounding the joint, periarticular osteoporosis, and erosion along the edges of the surfaces of the joint are clearly visualized on an x-ray.
- Diagnostic arthroscopy. Allows to identify areas of proliferation of connective tissue. This minimally invasive and less traumatic procedure is indispensable in the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis in the early stages. With its help, it is possible to study pathological changes in the joint, so to speak, “from the inside”.
- Laboratory research. Conducted to detect rheumatoid factor in the blood, increase ESR, increase the content of immunoglobulins and fibrinogen.
Day Three – Preparation of a Treatment Plan
After receiving the results of all studies, the diagnostic doctor convenes a consultation of doctors who make a collegial decision on the treatment program for the patient. This is the essence of the individual approach on which the entire health system of Israel is based.
- Antinuclear Antibody Test
Rheumatoid arthritis: symptoms of different types
What happens with rheumatoid arthritis? Connective articular tissue grows, scars form on it, which cause joint deformations and, over time, can lead to increased fragility of bones and complete immobilization of the patient.
What are the reasons for these changes? To date, scientists have not yet fully figured out exactly which factors underlie the development of rheumatoid arthritis. Presumably, the disease can provoke poor living conditions and the environment (dampness and mold), frequent viral diseases. Among the contributing factors include predisposition by gender and age – rheumatoid arthritis is more often observed in women after 40 years and elderly patients.
What are the general symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis that unites all its types?
- Joint pains that worsen the patient’s quality of life and limit his motor function.
- Swelling and redness of the skin in the projection of the joint due to sweating of the joint fluid in the surrounding tissue.
- The presence of specific formations under the skin – rheumatoid nodules.
- Low-grade body temperature.
- Various kinds of deformation (curvature) of the affected joints.
Seronegative Rheumatoid Arthritis
It develops rapidly and often recurs. Patients complain of slight stiffness in the joints in the morning, weight loss, general weakness, a feeling of lethargy in the muscles, increased body temperature, intense sweating at night. Large joints are predominantly affected – hip, knee. Disruptions in the function of the joints make themselves felt at an early stage. Later, an increase in lymph nodes, muscle atrophy, impaired functions of the internal organs (kidneys, lungs) join. Rheumatoid factor in the blood is not determined.
Treatment of seronegative rheumatoid arthritis
In the clinics of the CIS is to eliminate inflammation and pain. In Israel and in general abroad, they use ultramodern therapeutic techniques that can not only weaken the manifestations of the inflammatory process and pain, but also stop the further development of pathological changes in the joints, leading to patient immobilization and disability.
Seropositive Rheumatoid Arthritis
At an early stage, the disease is characterized by a sluggish asymptomatic course. In the later stages, connective tissue grows, sclerotic processes increase, as a result of which the deformation of the joints increases. The lesion covers mainly the small joints of the hands and feet. Patient complaints are akin to those with seronegative rheumatoid arthritis, but morning stiffness in the joints is more pronounced and is the hallmark of this form of pathology.
Treatment of seropositive rheumatoid arthritis abroad is aimed at preventing further progression of the disease and maintaining a high quality of life for the patient.
Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis: why it occurs at such a young age
Rheumatoid arthritis in children develops before the age of 16 years. The question of the causes of this disease at such an early age is under discussion.
Manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis in children are typical: skin rashes, fever, swollen lymph nodes and spleen, iridocyclitis.
Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in children occurs according to the same scheme as in adults. Abroad, the main task of treating the disease in childhood is to stop the progression and development of pathology using the most modern methods.
Rheumatoid arthritis: relief in pregnant women and complicated in elderly
In pregnant women, oddly enough, the severity of the manifestations of rheumatoid arthritis is reduced. But after childbirth, all changes and symptoms inherent in this disease are resumed with renewed vigor. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis during pregnancy is gentle and supportive. Anti-inflammatory therapy is combined with an individually selected diet and optimal physical activity.
When drawing up a treatment regimen for rheumatoid arthritis in elderly patients, the features of age-related changes in the body are taken into account. The goal of therapy is to slow the progression of the disease and prevent the development of complications characteristic of the elderly (osteoporosis and frequent bone fractures), eliminate inflammation and pain.
Treatment of rheumato >
According to world statistics, about 5-20% of the world’s population suffers from various pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, which significantly reduces the quality of life of these patients and can be the reason for their serious disability and disability, up to the loss of self-care ability, physical, mental, social disadaptation and Moreover, to disability and even to a decrease in the life expectancy of patients. The average age of the main contingent with rheumatological lesions is patients of working age – 40 years.
The most common symptoms of rheumatological diseases are pain in the joints, muscles, appearing suddenly or gradually, pronounced swelling of the joints, stiffness when moving in the joints, an increase in skin temperature over the joints, an increase in body temperature, inflammatory changes in blood tests (high ESR, leukocytosis), etc. .
The most important thing in rheumatology is early diagnosis and treatment, which allows you to maintain the function of the joints and internal organs and significantly improve the quality of life. Therefore, timely treatment of patients with specialists, early diagnosis of the disease and early treatment are urgently needed. Some rheumatological diseases cannot be cured forever. However, today there are treatment methods that can significantly reduce the symptoms of the disease, slow its progression and the development of disabling changes in the joints, periarticular tissues, internal organs, and improve the quality of life of patients. Sometimes proper and timely treatment can save a patient’s life.
The Department of Rheumatology of MC Erebuni carries out the diagnosis and treatment of patients with inflammatory and destructive diseases of the musculoskeletal system, as well as patients with other diseases of the connective tissue, systemic vasculitis and other pathologies accompanied by damage to bones, joints and muscles:
Diffuse connective tissue diseases
- systemic lupus erythematosus,
- rheumatoid arthritis
- polyarteritis nodosa,
- hemorrhagic vasculitis,
- Charge-Strauss syndrome,
- Takayasu’s disease
Arthritis of various etiologies
- gout and other microcrystalline arthritis,
- Ankylosing spondylitis,
- ankylosing spondylitis,
- deforming osteoarthrosis,
- Behcet’s disease.
The rheumatology department accepts about 600 patients a year, performing complex diagnostics using modern medical equipment, providing multidisciplinary consultative assistance (orthopedists, traumatologists, cardiologists, neuropathologists, neurosurgeons, immunologists, etc.), treating patients in accordance with international standards using the latest and most modern effective methodologies and achievements in the field of rheumatology.
The department practices both outpatient and inpatient management of patients, including the possibilities for treating patients in day care.
The Department of Rheumatology is one of the main clinical bases of the Department of Narrow Therapeutic Specialties of Postgraduate Studies at YSMU, where graduate students of YSMU undergo training (associate professor, candidate of medical sciences A. Aroyan).
Employees of the rheumatology department also carry out active scientific activities with participation and presentations in professional international congresses and rallies. Many of them have been trained in leading foreign clinics.
To establish an accurate diagnosis, the equipment of the diagnostic clinic is used:
- Clinical diagnostic laboratory, where, in addition to commonly used blood tests, it is possible to carry out a full range of immunological and punctate analyzes of joints
- Ultrasound examination of joints and periarticular tissues
- Dopplerography of blood vessels
- X-ray endovascular diagnostic methods
- Morphological studies (biopsy)
- X-ray diagnosis
- Computed tomography
The center has the ability to conduct densitometric examination to diagnose osteoporosis in rheumatic patients (in particular, receiving glucocorticosteroid therapy).
The department has a special office with the appropriate equipment for the most modern therapy with high-tech, disease-modifying drugs – Actemra, Remicade, MabThera. The high effectiveness of these drugs is indicated for rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, systemic lupus erythematosus and other diseases.
The main and priority areas of activity of the rheumatology department are:
- Diagnostic and therapeutic puncture of the joints with the introduction of corticosteroids, hyaluronic acid preparations.
In its activities, the rheumatology department is guided by recommendations and works closely with international and world rheumatological communities such as
Effective Arthritis Treatment in Israel
The effectiveness of the treatment of arthritis in Israeli clinics is achieved through the integrated use of the most modern methods and medicines. Patients coming from the CIS countries can rely on consultations with leading Israeli rheumatologists, the adequacy of the prescribed therapy and the attentiveness of the staff.
One of the problems faced by Israeli rheumatologists is correcting the mistakes of the previous treatment. Due to the incorrect diagnosis or inadequate therapy carried out in the homeland, acute arthritis in patients passes into the chronic stage. Although in this case the treatment may be longer, the rheumatologists of Israeli clinics successfully cope with even the most neglected cases. In the arsenal of the means they use are innovative drugs, new methods of therapy and equipment of the latest generation.
Leading Israel Arthritis Clinics
Symptoms of Arthritis
Arthritis can affect any joints of the body, causing inflammatory processes in them. Sometimes pathology is an independently developing disease, sometimes a consequence of another ailment (systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatism, osteoarticular tuberculosis and others).
Running arthritis often leads to disability, so it is so important to take measures at the first alarming symptoms:
- Joint pain arising at the beginning of movement.
- Swelling of the joint, an increase in its size.
- The joint becomes hot to the touch.
- Redness of the skin over the joint.
- Difficulty in movement, especially in the morning.
- Crunch in the joint when moving.
- Weakness, with infectious arthritis – fever, chills.
There are acute and chronic forms of arthritis. In acute, symptoms occur sharply, in chronic – gradually increase. Especially dangerous is rheumatoid arthritis – a chronic disease in which connective tissue is damaged (especially in the joints). For this form of arthritis, in addition to the above symptoms, lymph nodes enlargement, unexplained weight loss, damage to internal organs are also characteristic.
Diagnosis of arthritis in Israel
For the effective treatment of arthritis, it is important not only to make a diagnosis, but also to understand the cause of the disease. After all, the pathological process in the joints can develop due to various infections, injuries, metabolic disorders or the functioning of the immune system, as well as due to allergies or increased load on the joints. A significant role is played by the hereditary factor, therefore, if arthritis is frequent in the family, regular preventive examinations will be useful.
In Israeli clinics, the following diagnostic tests are carried out:
- Blood test for immunological tests.
- Roentgenography. Allows you to identify pathology at an early stage.
- MRI, ultrasound. Called to clarify the diagnosis.
- Diagnostic arthroscopy. Conducted to visually assess joint damage.
- Serological studies of blood serum to identify markers (rheumatoid, autoantibodies).
- Joint fluid puncture. It is carried out for cytological analysis for the presence of microbes, tumor cells, blood cells, pathogens of tuberculosis or brucellosis.
Leading Israeli rheumatologists
Professor Dan Caspi
Professor Yehuda Scheinfeld
Dr. Oded Sheinberg
Professor Eldad Ben Shetrit
Arthritis Treatments in Israel
After diagnosis and clarification of the causes and stage of development of arthritis, a treatment regimen is developed. The fight against different types of arthritis, including the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, in Israel is carried out according to international protocols, using the latest drugs.
Drug treatment. The prescription of drugs is based on the stage and severity of the disease, as well as the pathological process that is developing so rap >Treatment at Top Assuta Clinic
Oncogynecology in Top Assuta
Video “Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Israel”
A video in which Doctor of Medical Sciences, Academician Vladimir Fridman talks about the benefits of treating rheumatoid arthritis in Israeli clinics:
Sanatorium treatment in Israel
The treatment of arthritis in Israel, in addition to conducting effective conservative and surgical therapy, has another advantage: the country’s climate itself has a beneficial effect on the patient’s condition and promotes recovery. The unique healing natural conditions of this area help to recover faster after treatment. Reviews on the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in Israel indicate the high effectiveness of physiotherapy, phytotherapy, mud therapy and other types of therapy. Patients from other countries can come to Israel only to undergo spa treatment at the Dead Sea, or combine it with therapeutic procedures.
The doctor makes appointments for spa treatment after the examination. After the first days of wellness procedures, the patient notices changes for the better. In order for the result to become sustainable, you need to take a 3-4-week course.
The course of medical and recreational activities may include:
- Mud therapy (to improve metabolism in the articular and cartilage tissues, reduce inflammation, restore normal blood circulation and produce joint flu >Patients from different countries in Israeli clinics are attracted not only by the unique natural climate and modern methods of therapy, but also by the cost of treating arthritis in Israel. The success rate of therapy in Israeli centers is as high as in leading European ones, but prices are one and a half to two times lower. The exact amount for the course of treatment is determined only after the diagnosis is passed: then the doctor, based on data on the nature and stage of the disease, can determine what therapy the patient needs in this particular case. According to statistics, treatment in Israel costs patients 30-50% cheaper than in Western Europe and the United States.
Indicate the name, phone number and get a price offer from the best clinics in Israel. ‘data-modal-image =’ / wp-content / uploads / 2018/02 / Dan-Grisaro2.png ‘> Find out the exact prices
Benefits of Arthritis Treatment in Israel
- Unique climate. The very nature in Israel contributes to the recovery of patients with arthritis: unique, rich in minerals mud, healing air and the Dead Sea water accelerate the healing process several times.
- Ultraprecise diagnosis. Thanks to the availability of modern diagnostic tools, Israeli doctors guarantee the correct diagnosis. But it is the diagnosis that becomes the basis for the choice of treatment tactics. An accurate diagnosis is the key to the right treatment.
- The latest techniques. Israeli doctors use the most innovative methods. So, monoclonal antibody therapy is used, minimally invasive operations are performed by the arthroscopic method.
Fill out the application – our consultant will call you back and provide complete information about the treatment in Israel.
See the topic Rheumatology for more information.