Treatment of bruises by various methods is available at home. Medicines in combination with numerous recipes of alternative medicine give an excellent result. The bruise disappears within a few days, and the victim quickly recovers.
Among the variety of injuries, contusion takes a leading place in the number of cases. Closed injuries without violating the anatomical integrity do not pose a great danger to the body if internal organs are not damaged due to blunt trauma. Treatment begins with first aid, on the correctness of the action, during which the further outcome of the therapeutic action depends.
During closed tissue damage, mechanical action on soft tissues causes pain, the leg swells, and a hematoma appears at the site of local exposure.
To exclude closed fractures, damage to the internal organs of the victim must be delivered to the trauma center to exclude associated injuries.
If the fears have not been confirmed, the bruise can be treated independently at home. To recover, you will need to conduct a set of medical procedures. The accuracy of following the recommendations largely determines the quick receipt of a stable positive result.
First Aid Algorithm
Having carefully examined the place of the injury, we can draw a preliminary conclusion about the degree of damage. If the integrity of the skin is not broken, the patient is conscious, acute pain of moderate intensity is noted, the bones are not deformed, then there is an uncomplicated bruise.
In this case, first aid is performed:
- Apply cold to the injury site (ice cubes from the refrigerator, frozen foods from the freezer, hypothermic package Snowball for first aid). The duration of exposure should not exceed a quarter of an hour. Before applying, the cold should be wrapped in a towel so as not to overcool the skin.
- After exposure to cold, a tight dressing is applied to the damaged area with an elastic bandage, which is left for two hours.
- With severe pain, the patient is given painkillers. The most effective are Ketoprofen, Ketorolac, Nimesil.
If there is no suspicion of internal injuries, treatment of the bruise at home continues. When striking a large force in the abdomen, head, lumbar region, chest, the following symptoms may appear:
- pale skin;
- strong thirst;
- the skin is cold and clammy;
- severe weakness;
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure.
This condition requires immediate treatment in a medical institution. Crash syndrome, which appears after prolonged compression of the limb with a heavy object, requires special attention. Violation of the bloodstream causes traumatic toxicosis with the subsequent development of acute renal failure.
Drug treatment of bruises at home
The first two days it is necessary to ensure the state of rest of the bruised part. If the limb has suffered, it must be fixed so that the swelling does not spread to adjacent soft tissues. You can use tight bandaging with an elastic bandage or orthopedic bandage specially designed for this type of injury.
A tight dressing anesthetizes due to compression on soft tissues, creating the effect of micromassage. Cold is applied every two hours for 15 minutes on top of a bandage or bandage. It is impossible to warm the injury in the first two days. To reduce pain manifestations, Baralgin, Ketanov, Ibuprofen, Diclofenac can be taken. For local anesthesia, you can use Nise gel, which does not have a warming effect.
In the following days, it is effective to warm the bruise so that the hematoma resolves, and the outflow of accumulated fluid from damaged tissues improves. The hematoma must be lubricated with ointments: Badyaga, Troxevasin, Hirudalgon, Lyoton. Means based on heparin and leech extract will facilitate the rapid absorption of subcutaneous accumulation of blood.
Anesthetic effect with a warming effect will provide Voltaren, Dolobene, Quick gel, Indovazin, consult before use. External products containing non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are powerful analgesics, resist inflammation and relieve swelling.
Taking metabolic agents with enzymes in the composition will speed recovery. Wobenzym, Unienzyme, Merkenzyme accelerate metabolic processes, affecting biochemical reactions at the site of damage.
The treatment of bruises at home involves the use of old “grandmother” recipes that are passed down from generation to generation. Healing products are prepared independently using medicinal herbs, vegetable and essential oils, beekeeping products.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Compresses and grindings
- Onions are a good remedy for inflammation, pain and swelling. One method involves the use of baked vegetable. Onion is baked whole in the oven until golden brown. The cooled onion is cut into two parts and applied warm to the bruise. Raw onion juice can be used for rubbing with superficial massage movements. In this embodiment, the raw onion is mixed with a small amount of vegetable oil and rubbed into the damaged area.
- A large leaf of white cabbage is washed and beaten with a rolling pin until juice appears. The prepared sheet is applied to the site of injury and fixed with a cling film. For anti-inflammatory effect, cabbage can be greased with honey. The compress can be held for up to 12 hours.
- A compress with vinegar and vegetable oil will help cure an injury in a few days. Prepare boiled water, apple cider vinegar and any vegetable oil. Mix all components of 30 milliliters in one bowl. Dip the cheesecloth, folded in several layers, into the solution and place on the hematoma. Top can be covered with cellophane and insulated with a blanket.
- Grind oak bark to a powdery state, take one hundred grams of powder and add eighty grams of dried perennial daisy flowers. Thirty grams of the mixture pour a glass of boiled water and let stand for 10 minutes. In the resulting broth, moisten the chintz and cover the bruise.
- Raw potatoes are grated and gruel is applied to the damaged area. It can be used as a compress, wrapping film on top.
- Flax seeds to crush and mix with olive oil until the consistency of sour cream. Apply a healing mixture and cover with a film. The compress can be kept for no more than sixty minutes, after which the mixture is carefully washed off.
- Aloe leaves are cut lengthwise, greased with honey and applied to the bruise.
- St. John’s wort and plantain in equal proportions pour hot water, insist 6 hours. The resulting solution is used for medical dressings, applying a gauze section, previously immersed in a container with a medical solution, to the bruised area.
- To make homemade ointment you will need: pine resin, tar, lard. All components must be mixed in equal quantities, cork tightly and leave in a warm place for a day. The ointment is rubbed warm in the affected area, be sure to warm up before the next use.
- Grind medium burdock root. Add olive oil and leave to brew for 12 hours. Then heat the oil infusion over low heat and hold for fifteen minutes. Strain and store in a dark bowl in the refrigerator. Bruise can be lubricated immediately after an injury.
- Grate a bar of laundry soap, add camphor alcohol and a glass of turpentine. After mixing, the ointment can be applied.
- Tear the leaves of the plantain, wash thoroughly and twist in a meat grinder. Mix with butter or sunflower oil and grease several times a day.
- Dry leaves of wormwood are crushed into powder. To fifteen grams of raw materials add half a glass of pork fat and place in a refractory bowl. Put the mixture in a heated oven for one hour. After preparation, store the ointment from wormwood in a cold place, use for bruises.
- Young hop cones are placed in a vessel with a glass of nutria fat. Heated in a water bath for ten minutes, make sure that the composition does not boil. Filter and lubricate the bruise after cooling.
Everyone would like to protect themselves from injury, but this does not always work out. Sometimes circumstances become higher than all measures. Care must be taken in a situation where there is a likelihood of a fall or risk of injury.
Following simple rules, mechanical injuries can be prevented:
- if there is physical activity, it is necessary to wear specialized bandages that protect the legs and arms;
- when in hazardous places, use protective clothing;
- walk in comfortable shoes with a hard back;
- drink a vitamin-mineral complex twice a year to strengthen bones and immunity;
- after the injury, slowly increase the load;
- it is useful to conduct preventive massage courses after rehabilitation therapy.
If an accident occurs and an injury occurs, in the form of a bruise, it is imperative to consult a traumatologist for advice in order to respond to possible complications in time.