If the result of the diagnosis is the detection of a critical size intervertebral hernia or tumor, then surgical intervention may be required. As for conservative treatment, its methods (with the exception of diseases with similar symptoms), even with different causes of neuralgia, are largely similar. First of all, you need to remember that treatment must necessarily be comprehensive: it is not enough just to remove the symptoms, eliminating the cause of the disease – this is the main task.
The first step is measures to relieve inflammation. For this, a course of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) is usually prescribed. With intense pain, as with existing diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the choice of the doctor usually tends to intramuscular administration of these drugs. Local anesthetic blockages may be required. If the doctor considers the inflammation too intense, the course may be supplemented by the use of corticosteroids. A frequent companion of intercostal neuralgia is anxiety and excessive nervous excitability, special sedatives are prescribed to suppress them. There is an additional effect of the use of sedatives – by increasing the threshold of excitability, the pain syndrome decreases.
The elimination of inflammation is a necessary and important step, the concomitant measures depend on the origin of neuralgia. If these are manifestations of herpes zoster, then the treatment has an antiviral focus. In the presence of muscle spasms leading to compression of the nerve roots, muscle relaxants are prescribed (for example, Midokalm or Sirdalud). Osteochondrosis as a cause of infringement of the intercostal nerves requires the adoption of measures aimed at eliminating compression. Among such measures are various methods of spinal traction, massage, soft manual therapy, osteopathy. Well-proven sanatorium-resort treatment (mud, radon baths, etc.), physiotherapy. In cases where the disease arose as a result of hypothermia or a minor injury, treatment may be limited to anti-inflammatory therapy.
How to treat intercostal neuralgia at home? Such treatment is possible only if there is no doubt about the correctness of the diagnosis, namely:
- a set of tests and an ECG made it possible to exclude coronary heart disease;
- suspected gastrointestinal origin of pain is rejected;
- the attack did not occur for the first time, but is a relapse of previously diagnosed problems;
- the pain intensity is not very large, you can do without injection blockades and the introduction of corticosteroids.
- Outpatient treatment
- Irritating and warming agents
- Folk methods
- How to treat neuralgia at home
- Treatment of neuralgia in the initial stage
- How to treat neuralgia at home
- Treatment during exacerbation
- Neuralgia – treatment at home. Symptoms of Neuralgia
- How to treat neuralgia in the initial stage
- How to treat neuralgia in the acute stage
- Pain reliever for neuralgia
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for neuralgia
- Neuralgia ointment
- Neuralgia injections
- Massage for neuralgia
- Treatment of neuralgia with folk remedies
- Video: how to treat intercostal neuralgia
- Neuralgia – treatment at home. Symptoms of Neuralgia – All About Medicines and Health at Zdravie4ever.ru
- Treatment of intercostal neuralgia at home: medicines, massage and folk remedies
- Initial treatment
- Ointments for neuralgia
- Acupressure for neuralgia
- Almag treatment
- Clinical recommendations for treatment of exacerbation
- Neuralgia injections
- NSAID group
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Is it possible to be treated by banks
- Folk remedies for neuralgia on the right and left
- Honey massage
- Healing baths
- 2 most effective exercises
- Sage bath
- Potatoes and onions
- Burdock leaves
- Mint leaf decoction with honey
After achieving maximum confidence in the accuracy of the diagnosis, intercostal neuralgia can be treated at home. First of all, mobility should be limited as much as possible, it is best to ensure bed rest. The focus of pain should be warmed with dry heat, it is best to use a woolen dressing, you can use a bag of heated sand.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
- Drugs of the NSAID group are sold in pharmacies freely, but it is necessary to take into account all the features of the body and chronic diseases. With a stomach ulcer or duodenal ulcer, gastritis with increased acidity of the gastric juice and some other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract), it is worthwhile to refrain from tablets containing diclofenac, indomethacin and similar NSAIDs of this group (non-selective COX inhibitors). In these cases, the use of the so-called selective COX-2 inhibitors is justified, these include Celebrex, Arcoxia, etc. But the drugs of the second group, having relative safety for the gastrointestinal tract, can increase blood pressure and generally negatively affect the heart. When choosing anti-inflammatory drugs should be as picky as possible. Perhaps, to avoid complications from the stomach, you will need to take a drug such as Omeprazole (Omez). In any case, self-administration of any NSAIDs should not exceed 10 days. Various anti-inflammatory ointments and gels, having low bioavailability, do not have a decisive effect in relieving inflammation. But as an aid, they are widely used.
- If a doctor establishes muscle spasm, muscle relaxants can be prescribed. Some of the drugs in this group have a sedative effect, their sale in pharmacies is carried out only by prescription.
- B vitamins have high therapeutic activity in the treatment of intercostal neuralgia. They improve blood microcirculation in the affected area, reduce the manifestations of pain, improve blood formation and have a positive effect on the nervous system. Most often we are talking about the drug Milgamma, it is sold without a prescription, it happens in ampoules for injections and tablets, the course usually involves the simultaneous use of both forms and is 10 days.
- Herpes zoster stands somewhat apart from the treatment of neuralgia as a manifestation of osteochondrosis, but patients usually know about their disease, and relapses may not require additional medical attention. In such cases, antiviral agents such as Acyclovir are used. Dosage and method of application should be in accordance with the doctor’s prescription.
Irritating and warming agents
As already noted, in the treatment of intercostal neuralgia, it is important to provide dry heat in the lesion. Heat improves blood circulation, which to a large extent contribute to recovery. You can use a variety of woolen dressings and wraps. There are funds that improve blood circulation and without the use of heat, these include irritating ointments and plasters. Most often, such products are made on the basis of hot pepper. It can be pepper plasters and ointments (Espol), they should be used no more than 1 time per day. Standing apart is a product called the Kuznetsov applicator (and its various analogues). With the ambiguous attitude of official medicine towards it, the use of needle applicators creates the same annoying effect that improves blood flow to the lesion.
There is also a whole layer of treatment methods from the field of traditional medicine. If we discard their odious and anti-scientific part, then we can distinguish several recommendations:
- Compresses May be alcohol or honey. Honey has anti-inflammatory activity, the compress ensures its penetration into the tissues. Before applying honey, the surface of the skin can be greased with vegetable oil, and after applying the compress, wrap the entire area with a warm scarf or blanket. Alcohol compresses come with or without herbs. May have a warming and stimulating effect. Pure alcohol for compresses can not be used, it is necessary to dilute with water until a 40% solution is obtained, and it is better to use vodka. The list of herbs for such compresses is very wide – it is wormwood, yarrow, willow bark, etc. You can pre-make vodka tincture, or you can use a decoction for diluting alcohol. The compress is usually made in three layers – a layer of linen or cotton cloth moistened with an alcohol solution, then a layer of polyethylene or special compression paper, all are wrapped with a woolen cloth or scarf on top.
- Warming and irritating products. In addition to the ointment sold in pharmacies, these can also be self-made pepper mixtures, for example, with ginger or turmeric. Mode of use – no more than 1 time per day. Another mixture is glycerin with iodine. It is applied to the sore spot once every 2 days, the duration of the course is about 2 weeks.
- Burdock is often used in folk medicine to treat such diseases. Usually a burdock leaf is simply applied to a sore spot, fixed and insulated with a woolen scarf. The bandage is best left overnight.
- The use of infusions and decoctions of herbs inside. The effectiveness of such therapy in the treatment of neuralgia is not very high, but some herbs definitely have an anti-inflammatory effect, such as St. John’s wort, raspberries, black elderberry, pine buds, etc. There are a huge number of recipes.
All alternative methods should be used only in addition to traditional therapy. If treatment at home does not lead to improvement, especially if the condition worsens, you need to urgently consult a doctor. You can not use compresses, warming ointments and rubbing at high temperature. In general, vertebral thoracalgia responds well to treatment outside the hospital. It is important to remember that a sedentary lifestyle contributes to degenerative processes in the spine, as a result of which the manifestations of neuralgia become habitual. Considering the above considerations and recommendations, it is quite possible to cure intercostal neuralgia at home.
How to treat neuralgia at home
Neuralgia is a pathology of the peripheral nerves. On average, about 10 people per 1000 population suffer from some form of this disease.
Medical Center “Private Practice” provides competent and comprehensive treatment of neuralgia at any stage. The leading doctor of the clinic in the field of neurology is a neurologist and osteopath of the highest category – Baldorzhieva Larisa Aleksandrovna, who receives patients daily from 09:00 to 21:00. The cost of admission is 900 rubles.
Treatment of neuralgia in the initial stage
Despite the large number of types of neuralgia, there is a similar clinical picture – intense pain in the affected nerve. Often, it has a paroxysmal shooting character and passes after a while on its own. However, there is a type of neuralgia that can last up to several days and even weeks (for example, pterygopalatine neuralgia). Pain occurs at any time of the day and is sometimes accompanied by redness and numbness in the projection of the nerve.
Treatment of neuralgia at home is possible if the pain syndrome is short-term in nature and is directly related to recent events. So, neuralgia of the spinal roots “radicular syndrome” is often observed after hypothermia. Remember if the weather was windy outside, or by chance you were blown away by an open window. Providing back peace and warmth, a light massage and rubbing a warming ointment into the projection of the affected nerve give a good effect the very next day. This phenomenon is single and may well be stopped at home.
In many cases, before starting treatment, a diagnosis should be made. The doctor must determine whether this type of neuralgia is treated at home, or whether it is still necessary to place the patient in a hospital.
Diagnosis in our clinic is carried out by a neurologist Baldorzhieva Larisa Aleksandrovna. Based on the collection of anamnesis and examination (detection of areas of numbness, tingling and soreness, checking reflexes), the doctor makes a diagnosis and develops a further treatment plan. Upon detection of the underlying disease and its adequate therapy, neuralgia usually goes away on its own.
How to treat neuralgia at home
At home, intercostal neuralgia can go away on its own with bed rest. To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to sleep on a hard surface and regularly apply dry heat to the affected area in the form of a heating pad. When performing any manipulations, a special orthopedic corset should be used. As you recover, a gradual increase in physical activity is possible with further training of the back muscles. However, it is worth noting that severity adversely affects the condition of the spine even after the symptoms disappear completely. Pain relievers are used to relieve pain.
If there are no contraindications, a good effect is given by warming ointments with an anti-inflammatory effect and a relaxing massage. Ointments with bee or snake venom are quite effective. For independent use, be sure to follow the instructions. Such funds can not be used during pregnancy and during lactation.
As an additional therapy, alternative methods of treatment are possible. Recipe selection depends on the location of the affected nerve. Common methods:
- the use of a decoction of peppermint and chamomile. Duration of admission is 3-5 days;
- rubbing the painful area with lavender oil. It is advisable to cover the sore spot with a woolen scarf. This recipe can be supplemented with black radish juice. To do this, take 20 drops of juice and 1 drop of lavender oil, mix them and rub into a sore spot;
- good results give decoctions of yarrow or immortelle;
- baths are quite effective, but you need to choose the right remedy. For example, with neuralgia, sage in combination with sea salt has a therapeutic effect. 10 minutes of taking such a bath is enough to eliminate a one-time pain;
- Warm beeswax compress. The product must be softened in a water bath, then make a cake from warm wax and apply to a sore spot (fix with a bandage). Such a compress can be left overnight.
The effect of folk remedies depends on the degree of nerve damage. Usually, such a treatment for neuralgia at home is longer. Naturally, in order to avoid side effects, you can not use any prescription or medication without prior consultation.
Treatment during exacerbation
All of the above methods can be used only at the initial stage, when the disease proceeds in a mild form. If there is an exacerbation, then it is more advisable to consult a neurologist who will prescribe adequate treatment. Anesthetics alone during an exacerbation may not give the desired result, therefore, an integrated approach is required. Moreover, the choice of medications depends on the type of neuralgia.
With the extinction of pain symptoms, physiotherapeutic procedures, acupuncture, light massage, exercise therapy, swimming, manual therapy are recommended. The main thing in the treatment of the second stage of neuralgia is the metered load on the muscles and their gradual strengthening. Excessive physical activity can lead to a second attack and worsen a person’s condition. All neuralgia have approximately the same treatment plan, however, depending on the type of pathology, there are some features.
Do not start the disease by self-medication. If the pain does not stop with painkillers and the symptoms of neuralgia do not disappear for a long time, contact our medical center. A competent and attentive doctor, an osteopath with many years of experience – Dr. Baldorzhieva – will develop an individual treatment regimen for you and help you find long-awaited relief.
You can make an appointment with the doctor by phone
Neuralgia – treatment at home. Symptoms of Neuralgia
How to treat neuralgia in the initial stage
Painful changes in nerve fibers can appear for various reasons:
- transferred infectious diseases;
Burning, paroxysmal, or chronic pain may appear in nerve fibers located throughout the body. Depending on the lesion site, neuritis is distinguished:
- intercostal (gives in the region of the heart, chest, under the shoulder blade);
- shoulder joint;
- post herpes;
- inflammation of the trigeminal (sensory nerve of the face or trigeminal neuritis), sciatic, ulnar, occipital nerve;
- pterygopalatine ganglion (temples, neck are affected by pain, sometimes it passes to the hands);
- foot neuroma (Morton’s disease).
How to cure neuralgia immediately, as its symptoms appeared? The first is the correct diagnosis, because under the guise of this disease, problems with the heart or blood vessels may be hidden, therefore it is important to be examined by a doctor for other diseases with similar symptoms. The main problem of the disease is severe pain that can deprive of working capacity, and the goal of getting rid of a disease such as neuralgia is the treatment of the pain syndrome with anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics. At the initial stage can help:
- anti-inflammatory ointments with fir oil;
- acupuncture for local pain relief;
- warming compresses.
How to treat neuralgia in the acute stage
Medication alone during an exacerbation may not produce the desired results. The complexity of a syndrome such as neuralgia is a treatment that should be comprehensive, long-term and combined. The very first cure for neuralgia is pain medications: ointments, tablets, compresses, injections. In combination with anesthesia, doctors prescribe medications:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (indomethacin);
- anticonvulsants (carbamazepine, baclofen, phenytoin);
- muscle relaxants (Clonazepam, Sirdalud, Midokalm).
Pain reliever for neuralgia
More often used analgesics to relieve the first signs of the disease. As painkillers for neuralgia, Ortofen, Diclofenac are not recommended. The best effect on the source of pain are drugs with ibuprofen, nimesulide. A method of pain relief such as a patch with fentanyl is also common. Muscle spasm relieves Lyric drug well, it is more often used in the treatment of trigeminal inflammation. An analgesic such as Pentalgin is effective at the initial stage.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for neuralgia
The most effective pills for neuralgia are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that not only relieve pain, but also relieve inflammation. Such tablets include Indomethacin, Ibuprofen, Sulindak, Ketorolac. All these drugs act annoyingly on the kidneys and gastric mucosa, so their intake should be prescribed only by a doctor after examination.
To suppress unpleasant symptoms, an ointment from neuralgia will help, the effect of which is:
- tissue warming and relaxation;
- improving local blood circulation;
- increasing the elasticity of sick ligaments;
- activation of local exchange processes.
The composition of ointments includes anti-inflammatory and analgesic components. Effective ointments based on bee, snake venoms. Popular ointments that are used to relieve pain and inflammation are Viprosal, Finalgon, Apizartron, Myoton. The main effect is achieved by warming the tissues, improving blood circulation and vasodilation. Before using funds with such a composition, you need to read the instructions. Such ointments, for example, can not be used during pregnancy, lactation.
What to do with neuralgia, if you can not use ointments, tablets or they simply do not help? Effective drugs for neuralgia, which are used for injection. With severe symptoms, injections of an analgesic best help restore mobility and normal condition to the patient. Use injections of Spazgan, Baralgin, Trigan. It is important to remember that an injection for pain relief of an inflamed nerve should only be done by a doctor who knows the human anatomy well.
Massage for neuralgia
For a period of subsidence of acute pains, it is effective to do acupressure, general or can massage to relieve muscle tension. So, massage with intercostal neuralgia, together with acupuncture, will help improve lymph flow, relieve muscle tension between the ribs, prevents muscle hypotrophy and promotes rapid recovery, restoration of mobility. Massage is effective in combination with physiotherapy – physiotherapy exercises, which is carried out under the guidance of a doctor, will help to cope with pain.
Treatment of neuralgia with folk remedies
How to get rid of neuralgia, if you have contraindications for medical treatment? It is possible to treat neuralgia at home with home recipes. In home treatment, recipes for rubbing based on natural ingredients will help you:
- Homemade tincture based on fir cones, dandelions, needles – from the above plant materials alcohol tinctures with anti-inflammatory effect are obtained. On a glass of fir cones or dandelions take 0,5 liters of vodka, give a mixture of infusion. Apply as a grind in small quantities at bedtime.
- The beeswax compress is warm. The wax is softened in a steam bath, a warm wax cake is applied to the sore spot, bandaged with a bandage. Compress can be left overnight.
- Pork fat based lilac dry ointment. Grind dry kidneys into powder and mix with pork fat in a ratio of 1: 4. The resulting fat mixture can be used 2 times a day to relieve pain.
Learn more about how to treat intercostal neuralgia at home.
Video: how to treat intercostal neuralgia
I have been suffering from trigeminal inflammation for a long time. After enhanced drug treatment, I am saved by herbal medicine. With the help of folk recipes, exercises and massage, it turns out to get rid of pain with inflammation of the facial nerve. The disease arose after otitis media, therefore, from now on, protect yourself from drafts.
When there was pain in the area of the heart, which gave back to the shoulder, back, I thought that there was a problem with the heart. After lengthy examinations, it turned out that a nerve was pinched between the ribs. Started taking analgesics, muscle relaxants. Later, the problem began to arise less and less, because I use folk remedies based on beekeeping products.
From the wrong position in which I was sitting at the computer, neuritis arose that affected the cervical spine. The pains were terrible, at first only strong painkillers saved, I went to the doctor’s injections because I couldn’t even sleep normally. Now I am saving myself with folk remedies: I make compresses for the night, I prepare groundings with needles.
Neuralgia – treatment at home. Symptoms of Neuralgia – All About Medicines and Health at Zdravie4ever.ru
Share the link and your friends will find out that you care about your health and will come to you for advice! Thanks ツ
Treatment of intercostal neuralgia at home: medicines, massage and folk remedies
Intercostal neuralgia is a disease that occurs as a result of pinching of nerves between the ribs. The pathological process develops very quickly and leads to the development of multiple complications. The patient feels severe pain, therefore, medications and folk remedies are used to treat the disease, which can alleviate the patient’s condition.
At the initial stage, medications and physiotherapy are used to prevent the development of complications and eliminate discomfort.
Ointments for neuralgia
Table – effective ointments in the treatment of intercostal neuralgia
|Name of the drug||The act to be performed||Feature of application|
|Voltaren||The composition of the drug contains diclofenac – a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The medication quickly eliminates pain and inflammation. The maximum effect of the use of Voltaren is achieved when taken together with NSAID tablets.||The ointment is applied to the site of the lesion 4 times a day.|
|Ketonal||It has a powerful analgesic effect, which is achieved due to the composition of ketoprofen. Also, the medication copes with the inflammatory process.||Ointment is applied 2 times a day.|
|Viprosal||The composition of the ointment contains snake venom, camphor and turpentine. The action of the drug is aimed at accelerating blood circulation at the site of localization of the pain syndrome and the restoration of damaged nerve endings.||It is applied 2 times a day.|
|Apisatron||The drug is based on bee venom. Quickly relieves pain, speeds up the process of elimination of toxins and normalizes metabolic processes. After applying the ointment, redness and burning can be observed, but this is a normal process.||It is applied 2-3 times a day.|
|Finalgon||The medication has an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. The composition contains butoxyethyl alcohol and vanilla nonamide.||Ointment is applied 3 times a day.|
|Menovazine||The ointment has cooling properties, as a result of which it quickly eliminates pain. Composition: procaine, menthol, benzocaine.||It is applied 3 times a day.|
Acupressure for neuralgia
In the treatment of intercostal neuralgia, massage of two zones is shown: the back and chest. The procedure begins with the study of the healthy side with a smooth transition to the affected area. You need to massage your back intensively, while not provoking an increase in pain. The course includes 8-10 sessions, each lasting 30-40 minutes.
During the massage, blood circulation in the tissues is activated, there is a positive effect on the vertebral structures – the diameter of the hole through which the affected nerve passes, begins to expand, and the pain passes.
Fig. 1 – how is squeezing
This is one of the methods of physiotherapy involving the use of a special apparatus. Before proceeding to the procedure, Almag is recommended to wipe with a gauze cloth soaked in a disinfectant solution (intended for plastics).
After that, you can proceed to the procedure itself:
- The course of Almag therapy includes 10-20 sessions, it all depends on the severity of the pathological process.
- It is worth carrying out medical procedures after eating – in the afternoon or in the evening. To do this, the patient must lie down and relax. The chain of coils is laid out along the affected nerve and left for 10 minutes.
- Between sessions, the interval is 8 hours. Each time, you can add 1 minute to bring the time to 20-30 minutes.
- If the disease has a chronic form, then the course should be repeated every 2-3 months.
Clinical recommendations for treatment of exacerbation
During an exacerbation, it is very important to alleviate the patient’s condition, so doctors prescribe medications in the form of tablets and injections, as well as proven methods of alternative medicine.
All injections for neuralgia can be divided into several groups: vitamins, painkillers, NSAIDs and multivitamins.
They are indicated for severe and frequent pain. Effective injectable drugs:
The injections do an excellent job with pain, but not for long (4 hours). The course of therapy will be 5-10 sessions. It is not recommended to use injections longer, as this is fraught with the development of ulcers, colitis of the stomach and gastritis.
During an exacerbation of the pathology, injections with vitamin B are necessarily prescribed. A preparation containing vitamins B1, B6, B12 is injected into the muscle.
This group includes such drugs: Diclofenac, Ketonal, Ortofen. These drugs quickly remove the inflammatory process and pain.
Assign Milgamma and Compositum. The peculiarity of these medicines in their long-term use is up to 3 weeks. First, the drug is injected into the muscle, and then the patient is transferred to tablets.
In pathology, the muscle tissues that are located near the damaged nerve fibers are spasmodic, and their tone rises. Without spasmolytics, it will not be possible to get rid of pain, so doctors prescribe such funds:
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Anti-inflammatory drugs will certainly be part of the treatment of intercostal neuralgia. They quickly eliminate unpleasant symptoms and the inflammatory process.
- Ortofen. It has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. The active substance is diclofenac. It is prescribed in the form of tablets that must be taken after meals. The daily norm is 25-50 mg 3 times a day.
- Movalis. Used to relieve pain and inflammation. The active substance is meloxicam. Dosing schedule: acute period – 1 tablet 1 time per day. Reception is carried out with meals.
Is it possible to be treated by banks
Cupping is one of the effective methods of eliminating intercostal neuralgia, but subject to its combination with drugs. With the help of massage, you can improve lymphatic drainage, blood circulation and quickly restore tissue.
Fig. 2 – We do not recommend using banks, but if you still decide, then do it with the appropriate specialist
Before the procedure, the patient needs to clean the skin areas where it is planned to install banks. Further, their surface is lubricated with heated oil (olive or eucalyptus). Next, you need to move the device from the bottom up, along the lymphatic vessels. The duration of the procedure is 5-7 minutes.
Folk remedies for neuralgia on the right and left
Alternative methods of treatment are used only after consultation with a doctor and in combination with other methods of therapy.
When performing a massage, it is possible to improve blood and lymph circulation in the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Thanks to honey, metabolic processes are accelerated, oxygen delivery to tissues is facilitated, and regeneration processes are enhanced.
- Preheat the surface of the skin with ordinary massage movements.
- Apply honey to a hot body and rub it.
- After a while, the honey is partially absorbed and begins to thicken. It will become impossible to massage, so you need to change the technique using the method of sticking-detaching hands.
- The session lasts from 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine glycine and iodine in equal proportions.
- Pour the composition into a container of dark stele, shake well and leave for several days.
- Apply a little medicine to the cotton pad and treat the painful area of the back without affecting the spine.
- Lubricate the skin with light movements so as not to get a burn. Put a tight bandage on top and put on linen made from natural fabrics.
The treatment procedure should be carried out 12-15 times with an interval of 1 day. After the manipulation, the patient needs to go to bed and take shelter warmly.
Effective baths from a decoction of young bark:
- Young branches of aspen silt of poplar (0,5 kg) pour water, simmer on fire for 30 minutes.
- Infuse the mixture for half an hour.
- Filter the resulting product and add it to the bath with water (temperature should be about 40 degrees).
- Take water procedures for about 10-15 minutes, and then treat the affected area with fir oil.
2 most effective exercises
There are many exercises used in case of chest neuralgia, but several most effective and simple ones can be distinguished:
Fig. 3 – pullover exercise
- Pull over. You need to prepare dumbbells or sand bottles. Lie on your back on a bench so that your head hangs slightly, lower your arms with a burden further behind your head, slightly bending at the elbows. Breathe out and utter the sound “haa,” and then raise your arms to chest level. Perform 20-25 reps.
- butterfly. This exercise is done by analogy with the first, but you only need to reduce the exhalation of “haa” in front of the chest with weights. Do 20-25 times.
The combination of these two exercises will allow you to quickly eliminate pain in the intercostal muscles, and their regular performance and a cold shower after – an excellent prevention of such conditions.
- Pour 4 tbsp. sage with a glass of hot water for 1 hour.
- Filter the infusion and add to the bathroom with water, add 1/2 cup of salt there.
- Take water procedures for 10 minutes, the therapeutic course will be 10 sessions.
Potatoes and onions
Grind potatoes and onions on a grater, combine the components in equal proportions, apply to the affected area and keep the cake until it is completely dry. You can fix the compress with a bandage.
Important! Before applying the potato-onion mixture, you need to check the reaction of the body. To do this, treat a small area of the skin and wait 10 minutes. If burning, pain and redness are absent, then a compress can be used to treat neuralgia.
To prepare the product, you need to use only freshly cut leaves. Rinse them under water and lay the inside to the affected area. Fix the compress with a bandage and a scarf, leave it overnight.
Mint leaf decoction with honey
This product is intended for oral administration. It is necessary to pour a glass of boiling water 1 tbsp. dry peppermint leaves. Wait 30 minutes, filter and add 2 tsp. honey. Take the drug 100 ml 2 times a day.
Intercostal neuralgia is a disease that is important to treat in a timely manner. Doctors prescribe complex therapy, since it is important not only to rid the patient of discomfort, but also to eliminate the cause of the pathological process.