What is breast osteochondrosis? The answer to this question should be known to everyone who has experienced back pain. If the patient is familiar with the causes of the disease, the clinical picture, treatment methods and diagnostic procedures, he can respond to changes in the body in a timely manner and seek medical help.
- What is breast osteochondrosis?
- What symptoms are accompanied by pathology?
- Why does thoracic osteochondrosis occur?
- Modern aspects of the treatment of breast osteochondrosis
- Conservative treatment of breast osteochondrosis
- Physical therapy in the treatment of breast osteochondrosis
- Prevention of osteochondrosis
What is breast osteochondrosis?
Pathology consists in dystrophic disorders of the articular cartilage of the vertebrae. Thoracic osteochondrosis develops in the corresponding section of the spine. This type of disease is not as common as cervical. This is facilitated by the anatomical structure, and the distribution of loads, as well as the complexity of diagnosis.
Violation of the structure of the thoracic vertebrae has similar symptoms with a number of other diseases, which complicates the diagnosis.
The mechanism of the development of the disease is a metabolic failure, as well as excessive mechanical stress on the vertebrae. The intervertebral disk, which consists of a dense fibrous ring and a pulpous nucleus, a kind of liquid substance that performs the function of depreciation, is especially affected.
As a result of the disease, the normal structure of the discs is disturbed, their kernels dry out and lose their properties. The fibrous ring becomes thinner and cracks, contributing to the fact that the vertebrae contact more strongly and infringe the roots of nerve endings. This leads to the development of pain and other clinical manifestations.
What symptoms are accompanied by pathology?
The first stages of the disease are asymptomatic, allowing chest osteochondrosis to worsen. The onset of symptoms coincides with the onset of structural changes in the vertebrae.
You can recognize the disease by such manifestations:
- acute pain in the chest. Most often, it occurs after a long static position or vice versa – after sudden movements, weight lifting;
- feeling of squeezing in the back, chest. This feeling makes it difficult to take a deep breath;
- the appearance of numbness in various parts of the body, limbs;
- limitation of mobility of the trunk and arms.
The more stages the disease has passed, the brighter and more pronounced the symptoms. In the later stages, the clinical picture of its complications joins the signs of breast osteochondrosis:
- intercostal neuralgia;
- numbness and burning feet;
- discomfort in the stomach;
- brittle nails, dry skin;
- violations in the sexual sphere.
The pain in breast osteochondrosis is long and constant. Aching character is replaced by acute attacks, which indicates the need for inpatient treatment.
Consider in more detail the most common syndrome of thoracic osteochondrosis – vertebral.
It can take one of two forms:
- Dorsago. An acute pain attack that has a sudden onset. It is accompanied by limited mobility in the thoracic region and the belt of the upper extremities.
- Dorsalgia. It develops gradually, sometimes over several weeks. Dorsalgia pain is mild but unpleasant. The intensity of the pain increases when you try to take a deep breath or change the position of the body. Such a symptom is observed at the end of the working day, when the back is “tired”. Rest or a full sleep relieve the condition.
Among the symptoms that are not so common with breast osteochondrosis, but can indicate it:
- pain along the esophagus;
- discomfort in the throat;
- difficulty swallowing and talking;
- discomfort in the hypochondrium.
Why does thoracic osteochondrosis occur?
The only cause of osteochondrosis does not exist. Researchers of this disease have developed several theories of the occurrence of dystrophic changes:
- infectious and allergic;
Unfortunately, none of the presented theories provides a full explanation of the changes occurring in the spine.
As a result of many years of research into clinical cases of the disease, scientists have developed a set of risk factors that contribute to the occurrence of osteochondrosis:
- congenital anomalies of the anatomical structures of the spine;
- constant vibrational effect on the spine (driving, work features);
- sedentary lifestyle;
- strong loads on the spine;
- back injuries;
The action of these factors should be long and comprehensive. An important role is played by hereditary factors that increase the risk of developing breast osteochondrosis.
Modern aspects of the treatment of breast osteochondrosis
Therapeutic tactics for breast osteochondrosis consists of conservative therapy, physiotherapeutic techniques, which include massage, physiotherapy exercises and other types of treatment. In the later stages, surgery is recommended.
Treatment of osteochondrosis should be comprehensive. The effect will come when the doctor will not only eliminate the symptoms, but also the cause of the pathology. The choice of method should occur after a quality diagnosis, which includes the following steps:
- examination and questioning of the patient;
- physical examination methods;
- functional tests;
For differential diagnosis, laboratory methods, ultrasound diagnostics, electrocardiography are used. They allow you to exclude another pathology with similar symptoms. Treatment of osteochondrosis includes a special diet.
To improve the effect of treatment, you should adhere to such recommendations:
- eat jelly, jellied meat, jellied fish or meat. They contain natural chondroprotectors that restore cartilage;
- Watch for enough protein in your food. To do this, it is worth eating meat, milk, cottage cheese, legumes, spinach, soy;
- increase the amount of fresh vegetables in the diet;
- give preference to dishes that are steamed or in the oven;
- the menu should contain foods high in calcium – milk, cottage cheese, cheese, almonds;
- minimize the number of cups of coffee. Caffeine constricts blood vessels and impairs blood circulation, and also promotes the removal of calcium from the body;
- seafood dishes have a high amount of B vitamins, which stimulate innervation and improve the condition of nerve roots.
Versatile and timely treatment of breast osteochondrosis allows you to achieve these goals:
- stimulation of blood circulation;
- nutrition of the intervertebral discs;
- strengthening the fibrous ring and preserving the core of the disk;
- restoration of the structure of the intervertebral discs;
- release of roots of nerves from pinching;
- elimination of inflammation;
- relieving muscle spasm;
- restoration of biomechanical properties of the spinal column;
- prevention of protrusion and hernia;
- achieving optimal blood pressure;
- strengthening the muscular corset of the back and chest;
- elimination of pathological deformations of posture.
For this, it is necessary to adhere to the recommendations of the attending physician and begin therapy in a timely manner. You can not stop treatment as soon as you feel relief – you must complete the intended course.
Also, be careful when choosing a doctor and clinic – trust your health only to professionals. Self-medication and dubious techniques are a waste of time. You can start the disease and reach that stage. when standard methods become ineffective.
You can understand that treatment is effective by the following criteria:
- no pain;
- restoration of the full range of movements;
- restoration of sensitivity;
- the patient regains working capacity.
Conservative treatment of breast osteochondrosis
The choice of drugs depends on the stage of pathology and the severity of symptoms. In the treatment of breast osteochondrosis, the following medicines are used:
Physical therapy in the treatment of breast osteochondrosis
Physical therapy for osteochondrosis increases motor activity. contributes to the physiological condition of the back, improves blood circulation to tissues. Doing exercises is necessary during the period of remission. and with exacerbation. Of course, the type of exercise will vary depending on the stage and condition of the patient.
The purpose of effective physiotherapy exercises:
- restoration of motor activity;
- improvement of musculature;
- prevention of exacerbations and complications;
- normalization of posture;
- stimulation of blood supply and innervation.
In addition, exercise improves mood, general condition, normalizes sleep.
The main point is the individual selection of gymnastics. Exercise depends on the stage of the disease, individual characteristics, degree of fitness. The doctor recommends the duration of each exercise and their frequency, the duration of the general course.
The patient must remember that the exercises must be performed smoothly and without haste. A sharp attack of pain is an occasion to stop the exercise or reduce its intensity. Increase the load gradually, but do not lose the regularity of exercises. Always do a little workout before starting the gym.
Below are the main exercises that are recommended for pathology:
- In the knee-elbow position, bend and relax the back alternately;
- Lying on his stomach, spread his arms and at the same time raise them, holding;
- Lying on your back, raise your legs and arms. Try to make your fingertips touch the tips of your toes;
- Lying on your back, bring your bent legs to your stomach. In this position, raise the back, tearing it off the floor;
- Lying on his stomach with bent arms behind his head, trying to tear his head, neck and shoulders off the floor. To be in this state for 10-15 seconds, then rest and repeat the complex.
Prevention of osteochondrosis
To avoid the appearance of osteochondrosis. extend remission and prevent complications, it is necessary to comply with the following rules:
- make sure that the nutrition is complete;
- correct back position during work and rest;
- avoid prolonged sitting;
- take time for physical activity;
- do small warm-ups during the working day to dilute the static position;
- watch your posture;
- give up nicotine and alcohol;
- devote sufficient time to full sleep;
- avoid stress and excitement;
- try not to lift excessive weights.
Complete prophylaxis reduces the risk of breast osteochondrosis. And, if you notice his signs in yourself, seek help from specialists and follow the medical recommendations.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .