Scoliotic processes can be stopped by doing certain sports that strengthen the spinal muscle tissue. Such treatment is especially recommended for pediatric patients and those who have scoliotic processes in the early stages of development so that the disease does not develop further.
Strengthen the musculoskeletal system, train muscles, posture and the spine will help massage procedures, swimming, Pilates or yoga, as well as the Bubnovsky technique.
Exercise yoga for scoliosis in pictures
All these measures will prevent injury to internal systems and organs.
The former have a uniform effect on all muscle groups located symmetrically with respect to the vertebrae. Such elements help strengthen the tone of muscle tissue, develop stamina and strength. They are usually prescribed in the initial stages of the scoliosis process.
The complex of asymmetric elements affects the muscles unequally. Such gymnastics makes the toned muscle tissue relax, while the weakened ones, on the contrary, train. Such classes need to be monitored by the instructor, as improper execution techniques can lead to adverse consequences.
- Prohibited Sports
- Principles of selection
- Goals of exercise therapy
- Execution Rules
- Warm up exercises
- The basic complex for treating back at home
- The final part
- Physical therapy for prevention
- Thoracic Scoliosis
- Why does scoliosis develop?
- A set of exercises for chest scoliosis
- Exercises for Right Thoracic Scoliosis
- Exercises for Left Thoracic Scoliosis
- Exercise therapy for scoliosis at home
- Symptoms of scoliosis of the spine
- Preparatory recommendations before the course of exercise therapy (what is possible and impossible)
- Exercise therapy for scoliosis – exercises
- Evening exercises for back pain
- Useful books
- Therapeutic exercises for scoliosis. Full range of exercises
- Therapeutic gymnastics with scoliosis: exercises and benefits
- What is scoliosis and what are the causes of the disease?
- Types of scoliosis in shape
- Degrees of scoliosis deformity
- The main methods of treating scoliosis
- The benefits and types of exercises in therapeutic gymnastics with scoliosis
- Rules for performing therapeutic exercises
- The basic complex for the treatment of C-shaped scoliosis
- Therapeutic exercises of Katarina Schrot – breathing exercises
- What to remember:
But not every sport can favorably affect the patient’s condition. It is strictly forbidden to engage in:
- Outdoor games;
- Sports dancing;
- Squats on one limb;
- Body twists;
- Hanging on the horizontal bar, etc.
Principles of selection
It is very important in the process of selecting elements of exercise therapy to take into account the specificity of the scoliosis process. For example, for chest and lumbar deformity, muscle training of these particular departments is shown. Such an approach will help to compensate for the curvature defect and give stability to the spinal column.
So, for the initial stage of scoliosis distortion, it is permissible to perform symmetrical elements and all sports directions, with the exception of the above. At a scoliotic degree of 2, the task of the gymnastic complex, in addition to stabilizing the spinal column, is to correct distortion and train muscle tissue.
For the 3rd degree of vertebral distortion, not only the elimination of deformation changes, but also the improvement of the physical condition of the patient will be needed. These are very complex elements of a corrective and general strengthening character. The asymmetry of scoliosis deformations requires a careful approach to the selection of gymnastic elements.
Goals of exercise therapy
With the initial development of scoliosis, regular training with the correct composition of movements will help restore the correct position of the vertebrae. At the second stage, massage and physiotherapy are an addition to gymnastics, since the initial goal is to stabilize the spine with the subsequent cure of the pathology.
In the late stages of scoliosis, exercise therapy is prescribed for postoperative rehabilitation and muscle strengthening.
The effectiveness of gymnastic therapy is due to the adequate distribution of physical activity on the stretched and compressed muscles. Such training forms a muscle corset, which helps to give stability to the posture.
So that the effectiveness of gymnastics has maximum performance, you should adhere to the basic rules of gymnastic therapy when correcting scoliosis:
- You need to start training with slow body movements, sensitively monitoring the slightest negative reaction of the body;
- Be sure to refuse to perform contraindicated elements that can complicate the already deplorable state of the spine;
- All elements should be based on passive extension of the spinal column;
- Increase repetitions of movements or muscle load should be gradually, in order to avoid spinal muscular overstrain;
- It is necessary to alternate the elements acting on the muscle tissue of the lower back with movements, whose action is directed to other vertebral sections;
- Regularity is the key to a speedy recovery.
Warm up exercises
Warm-up involves the implementation of elements designed to straighten the back and warm up muscle tissue.
It is recommended to press against an even vertical wall so that the scapular, gluteal and calf planes are in contact with it. It is necessary to remember this arrangement and try not to change it. It is in this position that you need to start the warm-up elements:
- Standing straight, you need to raise both hands up, then spread them apart, then a little back, so 4 times;
- Perform traditional forward bends, trying to reach the spine;
- Standing straight to perform alternate lifts of bent legs followed by a shallow squat on one limb, so 4 times;
- Perform walking movements in one place, at the same time with your foot raise your hands up through the sides.
The photo shows exercises for scoliosis
The basic complex for treating back at home
The basic elements are performed to strengthen the muscles of the back with right-handed, left-handed and s-shaped scoliosis, lying on the floor with a stomach or back and suggest such movements:
- The element “scissors”, performed lying on the side, stomach and back;
- Movement “bicycle”;
- Lying with your back on the floor, raise your legs up and perform spreading movements to the maximum possible width with freezing at the end point;
- From the same position, try to stretch the body into a thin string;
- Having laid down your stomach on the floor to perform simultaneous elevations of the legs and torso, a delay of several seconds;
- From a similar pose, perform leg raises as much as they are able to;
- From the same position raise only the body and freeze for a few seconds;
- On all fours, bend the back area, raising the head as high as possible;
- From a similar pose, lift the back area upward and at the same time stretch your knee to the head, perform for both limbs.
The final part
At the final stage of gymnastic classes, it is recommended to walk a little, lifting your knees high. Then you can supplement such walking by raising your arms through the sides up with the transition to walking on toes, then lower the limbs and go a few steps on the heels.
Physical therapy for prevention
The main preventive anti-scoliotic measure is the ability to always keep anatomically correct posture. Every morning gymnastic workouts and some kind of sport are also recommended.
Physical education for preventive purposes against scoliosis involves the fulfillment of all the above elements. Special attention deserves swimming. Occasionally engaged in such training can completely avoid scoliosis. Therefore, therapeutic swimming is often prescribed to patients who already have characteristic curvatures.
Video charging for scoliosis in 3 minutes per day:
Video exercise therapy for s-shaped scoliosis:
Scoliosis is a pathology of the musculoskeletal system, expressed in three-plane deformation of the spinal column in humans. A turn of the spine in the lateral plane with simultaneous twisting causes a distortion of the shoulder girdle and hip joints.
There is a clamping of nerve endings, which causes a violation of their communications. The result of curvature can be deformation or displacement of internal organs and difficulty breathing. Physiotherapy exercises (hereinafter referred to as exercise therapy) is one of the methods for the prevention and treatment of scoliosis.
Normal spine on the left, scoliosis on the right
Why does scoliosis develop?
As a rule, this disease develops in children aged 6 to 15 years, and most often in girls. It happens 3 types:
Each species has its own causes.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
This species develops at the stage of formation of the skeleton of the fetus in the womb. The reason may be poor nutrition, bad habits, lack of exercise and even the irregular shape of the future mother’s pelvis.
The causes of the development of the disease may be the following factors:
- improper body position due to birth defects (different leg lengths);
- violation of the correct position of the spine as a result of a prolonged stay in one position;
- the presence of diseases associated with impaired muscle development (sciatica, rickets, rheumatism);
- the presence of strong physical exertion;
- improper nutrition.
The development of spinal deformity occurs after injuries:
- fractures and other injuries of the spinal column;
- subluxation of the vertebrae.
Exercise therapy, used for breast scoliosis, is a fairly effective way of treatment at the initial stage of the disease.
A set of exercises for chest scoliosis
The set of exercise therapy for scoliosis in the thoracic spine consists of 3 phases:
Warming up consists in performing simple exercises that warm the muscles and prepare them for the load. The main part includes symmetric and asymmetric loads on the thoracic region, aimed at correcting the position of the spine. The final part contains breathing exercises and coordination of movements.
Asymmetric corrective exercises can be done independently only after completing a course with an instructor in exercise therapy and practicing the skills for their proper implementation.
Symmetric therapeutic exercises for scoliosis of the thoracic department of the first degree can be performed using a mirror for self-monitoring.
A few corrective symmetrical exercises:
Stand up straight. Lower your hands. Straighten your shoulders and sl >
Exercises for Right Thoracic Scoliosis
Right-sided thoracic scoliosis is dangerous due to its rapid development. It occurs much more often than left-sided and when the first symptoms appear, requires immediate treatment.
Exercise therapy is part of a set of treatment and prophylactic measures for right-sided chest scoliosis. In the early stages of the disease, the following exercises are recommended:
- Lie on your stomach, spread your arms to the sides at an angle of 90 degrees to the body, compress your hands into fists. Cross your legs, the left should be above the right. Exhaling slowly, lift the case up. Movement should begin with the head, hands rise with the body. At the top point, fix the position for a short while and as you exhale, take the starting position. Perform 8 reps.
- Lie on the side where the stomach is. Put your hands on the back of your head. Pull the left lower limb, bend the right limb at the knee and take it to the side. Exhaling slowly, lift the body and left leg. Hold this for a few moments and as you exhale, return to the starting position. Run 8 times.
- Lie on your stomach, lower your forehead onto your palms folded into the castle. Cross your legs, left over right. On the exhale, lift the body and make a few circular movements with your hands (as when swimming with a brass). As you exhale, take your starting position. Repeat 8 times.
- Lie on your back. Arms outstretched perpendicular to the body. Stretch your legs. With your right foot, perform 20 repetitions that simulate cycling.
- Position as in the previous exercise. On the exhale, cross the right leg with the left (the right should be on top), while inhaling, take the right leg to the side, as far as possible. Repeat 10 times.
This is an incomplete set of physical exercises for the development of right-sided scoliosis of the thoracic vertebra. The best solution to the problem is to go to the doctor, who after examination will develop a personal training program taking into account the individual characteristics of the disease.
Exercises for Left Thoracic Scoliosis
Left-sided scoliosis is called spinal deformity with a deviation to the left. Exercise therapy with the left-sided variant of the disease is identical to exercises with the right-sided one with the difference that they are done in mirror image. That is, in this case, the left side of the body will be working.
When the first symptoms of acquired scoliosis appear, it is better to consult a doctor. Specialists will help to develop an individual training program, which will take into account the features of the course of the disease.
At the 4 stages of the disease, as well as in violation of the functioning of the cardiovascular or respiratory systems, exercise therapy is contraindicated.
It is best to deal with the development of health problems with childhood, monitor your child.
In the following articles, we will dwell in more detail on solutions to problems with the spine.
Exercise therapy for scoliosis at home
Scoliosis is one of the most common disorders of human posture. At its core, this is a curvature of the spinal column in the frontal plane, that is, to the right or left. Such a pathology can form from an early age – from 4 to 5 years. The greatest risk of scoliosis in adolescence, when a sharp increase in the vertebrae overtakes the development of proper strength in the muscles that support the spine.
Symptoms of scoliosis of the spine
The most striking sign is the apparent curvature of the spinal line. A change in posture configuration can be easily seen by asking a person to expose their back and stand upright. Symptoms also confirm scoliosis:
- Different shoulder height. The lower arm indicates which side the spinal column is curved;
- Uneven standing angles of the scapula;
- In a standing position of the patient – unequal gaps between the line of the arm and the angle of the waist, as the shape of the chest changes.
- There are secondary signs of scoliotic posture – asymmetry of facial features, uneven teeth, flat feet. All this develops in a later period of scoliosis, when there is a general violation of the structure of the entire human skeleton.
- Scoliosis of the second degree and higher in most cases is accompanied by changes in the cardiovascular system, impaired functioning of the respiratory system. In the curved spine, the passing nerves and blood vessels are “pinched”. As a result, an incomprehensible syncope condition, vegetovascular dystonia, chronic headaches and dizziness may develop.
IMPORTANT! In places of the greatest curvature of the spinal column, dystrophic changes in bone and cartilage tissue, that is, osteochondrosis, quickly develop.
Preparatory recommendations before the course of exercise therapy (what is possible and impossible)
Performing therapeutic exercises for scoliosis and other disorders of posture gives visible results, especially if the patient performs the complex constantly, and also combines physical education with other treatment methods (massage, pool, etc.). In order not to harm the condition of the back, before starting exercise therapy, you should do the following:
- Treat exacerbation of chronic diseases. This is especially true of foci of infection (chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis and more). If you suffer from asthma, hypertension, then you need to wait for the moment when the disease is stable.
- Consult with a rehabilitologist or instructor – methodologist about the possibility of self-study.
- Purchase a comfortable outfit for exercise. The use of dense and coarse fabrics (tweed, denim pants) is excluded. Your outfit for exercise therapy should be elastic and breathable.
There is a list of human conditions in which any special exercises are prohibited:
- malignant tumors, including blood diseases. The exception is persistent remission lasting more than 5 years;
- long non-healing wounds with granulations, ulcerative skin lesions;
- acute and early recovery period of myocardial infarction, stroke;
- mental illness, in which the patient’s contact with reality is difficult;
- poor health of the patient associated with an increase in body temperature (SARS, bacterial infections, etc.);
- high blood pressure (more than 140 ⁄ 90 mmHg.).
ATTENTION! With severe back pain, specialized classes are prohibited.
Exercise therapy for scoliosis – exercises
Therapeutic exercises for scoliosis have several goals:
- decreased tone of overstressed paravertebral muscles;
- strengthening muscle groups that support posture;
- the formation of the correct shape of the spinal column.
The proposed range of classes is easy to perform at home, without having at hand complex fixtures.
Exercise 1. Starting position – standing, legs slightly apart. Hands reach as high as possible, you can clasp the brush in the lock. We linger at the top point, count to three. Gently take the starting position. Perform 15 to 20 lifts. During the lesson, feel how the muscles of the back are stretched. If you feel pain, then do not perform the exercise further.
Exercise 2. Starting position – standing, arms down along the torso. Lean to the sides one by one, arms move parallel to the body, thigh. Try to reach the floor with your hand. At the bottom, linger for a second. Return to the starting position. Perform all movements smoothly, without jerking. Repeat 20 slopes in each direction.
Exercise 3. Starting position – as in the previous paragraph. Raise your straightened right hand up. Lean smoothly to the left, at the same time move your left hand behind your back. Return to the starting point. Get the maximum effect by performing 10 inclinations to each side.
Exercise 4. Lie on the floor, face down. Stretch your arms forward. Cross your left arm — your right leg, then change your limbs (right arm — left leg). Hold the arched pose for a couple of seconds. Such elevations of the limbs strengthen the muscles supporting the spine, relieve excessive tension in the back. Perform at least 30 sets.
Exercise 5. Sit on a hard surface, perfect for these purposes on a kitchen chair, a low table. If you have a spinal curvature to the right, place a thick towel roll or pillow under the left buttock so that the pelvis lifts up from this side. With your left hand, grab the edge of the chair behind your back and stretch your shoulder down, as if to straighten the curvature. Raise your right hand at the same time and help your body lean. To enhance the effect, stay in an inclined position for a few seconds. Exercise quickly relaxes overstressed muscle blocks, “teaches” the spine an even position. If the curvature is to the left, then place the roller under the right buttock and perform the technique. For a tangible result, it is enough to make 5 – 7 such inclinations.
Evening exercises for back pain
Rehabilitologists recommend a simple set of exercises to successfully combat back pain. It should be performed in the evenings, after work or significant physical exertion. The methodical execution of the complex will help to avoid a painful tone of the back muscles and inhibit the wear of the vertebrae. The implementation of the complex will take only 12 – 15 minutes.
- Starting position – lying down, arms extended along the body, place your hands under the hips. Raise the straightened leg and upper body at the same time. Feel the back muscles tighten, linger in this position. The breath is smooth. Repeat the lift with the other leg. Enough 20 of these approaches.
- I. p. – sitting on the floor, legs stretched forward, socks looking up (that is, they do not need to be pulled forward, the feet are relaxed). Gently tilt the body forward without rounding the back. Move the torso to the left leg, then to the right. The movements are slow. The breathing during the exercise is smooth, do not hold the air in yourself. Straighten up. Repeat the tilt again. 8-10 such approaches are enough.
- The initial position is the knee-elbow position. Exercise in children’s complexes for simplicity is called “kitty – dog”. It is necessary to bend alternately in this position, the back upward by an arc, then down. Watch the intensity of arching – no pain. It is forbidden to do approaches sharply. To improve well-being, 20 approaches are enough.
For a better understanding of the causes, methods of treatment and prevention of scoliosis, there is a specialized literature. The list below is intended for patients, the information is given in an understandable form and in simple language.
- S. I. Krasikova. Scoliosis. Prevention and treatment. A small book in which it is available about the main reasons for the development of curvature of the back in children and adolescents. Several chapters are devoted to the treatment of pathology in adulthood, examples of exercises are given.
- V. Chentsov. The whole truth about scoliosis. Work of a chiropractor with almost 30 years of experience. Contains dozens of effective exercises, tips on preventing pain syndrome are given.
- A. Ocherit. Scoliosis: life in a crooked mirror. In an exciting language, the author describes life situations associated with back problems. The book contains a lot of examples of how people coped with the most difficult scoliosis options. It is useful for both patients and parents who want to avoid posture disturbances in their children.
It is worth remembering that, in addition to exercise therapy, regular visits to the pool, balanced nutrition, and wearing the right shoes will help to avoid pain in scoliosis. Be healthy.
Therapeutic exercises for scoliosis. Full range of exercises
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
Therapeutic gymnastics with scoliosis: exercises and benefits
Hello, dear readers!
Do you want to get rid of scoliosis forever, become slimmer and prevent stoop and back problems in your child? Then you should pay attention to therapeutic exercises!
And just in this article we are talking about scoliosis and ways to cure this disease, we propose to master a simple set of exercises to combat this pathology. With the help of our tips and tricks, you will be able to understand the methods of treating the spine, begin to exercise at home and take the path to getting rid of scoliosis.
The most common disease of the spine is scoliosis, and this ailment develops in childhood. Having started the right treatment in time, you can avoid the development of the disease and prevent the displacement of internal organs, problems with breathing and blood circulation. The most effective method for the treatment of scoliosis is physiotherapy and physiotherapy as part of exercise therapy.
What is scoliosis and what are the causes of the disease?
Scoliosis is a disease of the musculoskeletal system in which lateral curvature of the spine occurs. This disease is congenital, but most often scoliosis is an acquired pathology and this disease is diagnosed at the age of 4 to 15 years. The disease can develop in any part of the spine, but thoracic scoliosis is considered the most common.
The root cause of acquired scoliosis is weak back muscles, which first leads to stoop, and later the shoulder blades protrude, which indicates the onset of pathology. Among the main reasons are also: various serious illnesses, poor posture, uneven strong loads, a sedentary lifestyle, prolonged sitting at a table or desk at schoolchildren in the wrong position.
Types of scoliosis in shape
There are three types of scoliosis in the form of curvature of the spinal column:
1. C-shaped or simple. There is an arcuate curvature of the spine in one section to the left or right.
2. S-shaped. Curvature in two parts of the spine.
3. Z-shaped. It is very difficult to treat and is characterized by three many-sided arcs of curvature.
Degrees of scoliosis deformity
The severity of scoliosis is divided into four types of deformation:
- 1 degree – curvature of the spine within 10 °, visually almost not noticeable, but the asymmetry of the shoulders and shoulder blades is already visible;
- 2 degree – the bend of the spine reaches 11-25 °, the stoop is very visible, especially when tilted, the shoulders are uneven;
- Grade 3 – a noticeable deviation from the vertical axis by 26-50 °, severe deformation of the spinal column, accompanied by muscle atrophy, pulmonary and heart failure begins to develop;
- Grade 4 – an x-ray shows a spinal curvature of more than 50 °, the disease is accompanied by serious malfunctions of the internal organs.
The main methods of treating scoliosis
After conducting full examinations, the orthopedic surgeon will be diagnosed correctly and a strategy for appropriate treatment for the spine will be developed. According to indications, there are various ways to cure scoliosis.
For prevention and in the early stages of the disease of the 1st degree of severity, therapeutic exercises are effective. Exercise therapy together with physiotherapy allows you to strengthen the back muscle frame, stabilize the spine, stop the progression of scoliosis, even with 2 degrees of disease. Massage is used as an additional therapy to enhance blood flow and proper nutrition of musculoskeletal tissue.
Grade 3 progressive scoliosis requires the use of an individually made corset. In the most extreme cases, at the last 4 stages of scoliosis, a surgical operation is performed. In order to avoid complex treatment methods, it is necessary to diagnose this ailment as early as possible, and then you can cope with the disease with the help of therapeutic exercises.
The benefits and types of exercises in therapeutic gymnastics with scoliosis
Therapeutic gymnastics is the main way to prevent and treat scoliosis and is used at any stage in children. Given the degree and form of the pathology of the thoracic region, the doctor develops a set of exercises individually. In childhood, the spine is still quite elastic, so with regular gymnastics, even with scoliosis of the 2nd degree, the spine will again occupy the desired position in a teenager.
Exercises to correct curvature of the spine are:
- Symmetric – designed to prevent the development of the disease and contribute to the formation of a strong bilateral muscle framework.
- Asymmetric – used directly for the treatment of scoliosis, stop the development of the disease, contribute to the straightening of posture.
Rules for performing therapeutic exercises
There is a basic set of symmetrical exercises for the prevention and treatment of scoliosis of the first degree. Since the deformation of the back is insignificant, and the load on the spine is not strong, you can do it at home. When performing medical gymnastics exercises, strictly follow certain rules.
Starting from the minimum load, increase it gradually, taking into account the well-being and characteristics of your body. There should be no pain or discomfort. Vis and exercises on the horizontal bar can not be performed without the supervision of a doctor, only passive traction of the spinal column is allowed. Eliminate vertical body rotation and tilting.
The basic complex for the treatment of C-shaped scoliosis
We present you the basic exercises of the complex developed by the orthopedist. First of all, form a correct posture leaning against a flat wall. Be sure to warm up in the form of light gymnastics, a few squats and bends of the arms and legs. Remember – tilting and turning the body is prohibited, do all exercises smoothly. The first 4 exercises are for the shoulder girdle, and the next four are for the back.
1. Put your feet shoulder-width apart and, putting your hands on your shoulders, rotate your elbows forward, and then back 8 times, 3 sets.
2. From the same position on the exhale, bring the shoulders forward as much as possible, and on the inhale, the shoulders come back. Do not turn your back.
3. Do the same exercise, but only now put your shoulders back.
4. Pull the spine with the exercise “spring”. Lower your hands and stretch upside down, do not stand on socks. In the upper position of the head, a delay of 5-7 seconds. Return to starting position.
5. Lying on your stomach on the floor, arms along the body, raise your head up. Do not tear off your shoulders or chest.
6. Repeat the previous exercise, now with the arms resting on the floor.
7. From the starting position, lift both legs alternately.
8. Raise at the same time straight legs and arms extended forward.
After exercise, it is recommended to walk on your heels, after which walk on toes for 2-3 minutes.
This complex is not difficult, but to the question “is it possible for children to do gymnastics?”, A positive answer can be given with confidence. At the initial stage of scoliosis, the basic complex, together with physiotherapy, contribute to the rapid restoration of the spine.
There are also complexes for the correction of S-shaped scoliosis of the 2nd degree. We recommend that you master the exercises when the degree of curvature of the spine is higher than the first in the exercise therapy room under the strict supervision of a doctor. With pathology of 3 degrees in adults and children, vertebrologists recommend the use of the treatment system of Katarina Schrot.
Therapeutic exercises of Katarina Schrot – breathing exercises
Respiratory gymnastics, strength and recovery exercises for the treatment of scoliosis by physiotherapist Katarina Schrot are successfully used in rehabilitation centers around the world. Suffering from degree 2 curvature of the spine, Katarina conducted experiments on her body. In 1921, Schrot opened the first clinic in which she successfully performed scoliosis treatment.
Proper breathing is the basis of Katarina Schrot’s technique and without it, it is impossible to eliminate the decrease in intercostal space in the field of pathology. Once having seen a ball with a dent, she found out that the chest is asymmetrically involved in breathing and one of the lungs does not open properly when inhaled. Her daughter Krista Lenart Schrot continued to develop the technique and summarized her knowledge in the book Three-Dimensional Therapy of Scoliosis.
The essence of Katharina Schrot’s respiratory orthopedics is that a physiotherapist with the help of additional means – a ball, a roller, a Swedish wall, sets a certain position of the patient’s body. Performing exercises with inspiration with a tensile force, the ribs are brought into the correct position. Exhaling during exercise through almost tight lips, reduces the distance between the ribs on the problem side.
Using the Schrot system, even complex degrees of scoliosis can be cured. Experienced doctors for each patient develop an individual training program. In order to completely get rid of the curvature of the spinal column, meal therapy should be carried out regularly.
What to remember:
1. Scoliosis – a disease of the spine most often having acquired causes in childhood, manifesting in the thoracic region.
2. Spinal curvature is classified by shape and has 4 degrees of severity.
3. The treatment methods include: massage, exercise therapy, surgical intervention at 4 stages of the disease.
4. Following the rules of execution, you can do exercises for the prevention and treatment of scoliosis at home.
5. The technique of Katarina Schrot is effective in the treatment of curvature of the spine 2 and 3 degrees.