The knee and hip joints are the largest joints of the musculoskeletal system. Due to the constant high load, the cartilage tissue in these areas is exposed to external and internal adverse factors, which leads to its gradual thinning and loss of elasticity. In the absence of treatment, a significant deformation of the joint and surrounding tissues occurs, accompanied by severe pain and loss of mobility.
Based on many years of research in the field of arthrosis treatment, a rheumatologist and psychophysiologist Pavel Valeryevich Evdokimenko developed a unique training system that helps restore the structure of damaged tissues and prevent the progression of the pathological process. The main goals of exercise therapy are:
- Elimination of pain, swelling and inflammation;
- Strengthening the muscles and ligaments supporting the articular connection;
- Stimulation of local blood supply;
- Normalization of the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to tissues affected by arthrosis;
- Restoration of limb mobility;
- Improving the overall well-being of the patient.
- The basic principles of gymnastics according to Evdokimenko
- Exercises for the hip joint
- Knee joint exercises
- Healing gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joints – the author’s methods of treatment of Bubnovsky, Evdokimenko, Jamaldinova and others
- Gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joints according to the method of Evdokimenko
- Gymnastics Jamaldinova
- Gymnastics by the method of Bubnovsky
- Gymnastics Dr. Popov
- Neumyvakin exercises
- The method of treatment of Dr. Myasnikov
- Treatment by the method of Vitaliy Ostrovsky
- Gitt exercises
- Gymnastics Alexandra Bonina
- Charging for joints according to Evdokimenko
- Benefit and Efficiency
- A set of exercises for joints from Dr. Evdokimenko
- For the knees
- For the hip joint
- Other exercises
- Common mistakes
- Treatment of arthrosis of the knee according to the recommendations of Dr. Evdokimenko
- General recommendations for the treatment of arthrosis
- A set of exercises according to the method
- 8 best arthrosis exercises
- Statodynamic gymnastics according to the method
- Who is contraindicated in exercises with gonarthrosis?
- Features of manual therapy and physiotherapy
The basic principles of gymnastics according to Evdokimenko
With arthrosis, accompanied by degenerative-dystrophic changes in cartilage, intense physical activity is prohibited. Gymnastics is carried out in a static or slow dynamic mode, which allows you to strengthen the muscle corset without stress on the sore joint. A good result is given by tensile exercises aimed at preventing pathological narrowing of the joint space.
A set of exercises is developed individually, taking into account the severity of arthrosis, age, weight, and concomitant diseases. In order to prevent deterioration of the condition of the joints, you should consult your doctor before starting classes.
To achieve a quick and lasting result, exercises from arthrosis according to Evdokimenko must be performed in accordance with the following rules:
- Gymnastics is carried out daily, in the absence of proper physical preparation – 3-4 times a week. The duration of one lesson is 20-40 minutes, depending on the general state of health;
- The complex should include 5-7 exercises to strengthen the muscles of the limbs, abs and back, as well as 2-3 stretching exercises. Elements of gymnastics are allowed to alternate at their own discretion;
- Each movement should be repeated an equal number of times with both legs with the same intensity and amplitude;
- It is forbidden to make sudden movements (deep squats, flexions, swings with limbs) and increase the recommended load on the joints.
During gymnastics according to Evdokimenko slight discomfort and burning in the affected joint are allowed. If sharp pain occurs when the exercise is performed correctly, this may indicate that it is not suitable for a particular patient. If you feel worse, you must stop training and consult a doctor.
Do not perform gymnastics with arthrosis according to Evdokimenko in the following cases:
- The late stage of the disease, accompanied by significant deformation of the cartilage and exposure of bone sites;
- The presence of hernias in the abdomen or groin;
- Severe diseases of internal organs during exacerbations;
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system;
- Performing operations on the abdominal cavity or chest;
- High blood pressure;
- The combination of arthrosis with an infectious and inflammatory process in the joint (arthritis).
Caution should be performed gymnastics according to Evdokimenko during critical days in women. It is not recommended to perform stretching exercises with connective tissue dysplasia, a weak ligamentous apparatus.
Gymnastics is performed only during remission. Any load on the affected part of the body in the acute phase of the disease leads to a deterioration in overall health and the rapid progression of the destruction of cartilage tissue.
Exercises for the hip joint
Gymnastics for the treatment of coxarthrosis according to Evdokimenko is carried out in a lying or sitting position. During classes, it is necessary to ensure that the main load falls on the muscles of the buttocks, thighs and back. The diseased joint should be completely unloaded. The complex should begin with static exercises, gradually increasing the intensity of movements in accordance with the patient’s condition.
For treatment and prevention, it is recommended to perform the following Evdokimenko exercises for arthrosis of the hip joint:
- Lie on your back, stretching out your limbs. Slowly raise your leg to a height of 30-40 cm from the floor and linger for half a minute. Repeat for the other side;
- Do the previous exercise in a slow dynamic mode, completing at least 10 sets on each side;
- Roll over face down. Alternately raise the straight lower limbs to a height of 10-20 cm, lingering at the top point for a few seconds;
- Remaining in the same position, bend one leg in the knee at a right angle and raise it by 10-15 cm. Fix the position for 30-40 seconds, then slowly lower and unbend the limb. Repeat for the other side;
- In the same position, raise both legs a few centimeters from the floor, spread them apart to the maximum, and then reduce them. Repeat 8-12 times at a slow pace;
- Lie on your left side, bending your left leg at a slight angle, and raise your right to a height of about 30 cm and hold for 30-40 seconds. Repeat for the other side;
- Lie on your back, bending your knees together. Carefully lift the pelvis, resting only on the shoulder blades and feet. Hold at the top point for half a minute, and then gradually lower yourself to your back;
- Sit on the floor, stretching the lower limbs in front of you. Throw the middle part of a rolled towel or gymnastic tape in the middle of the feet, and hold the ends in your hands. Inhale, bend forward, then exhale deeply and lean back as far as possible, resisting with your feet. Repeat exercise 6 times at a slow pace.
To achieve the greatest effect, therapeutic exercises according to Evdokimenko with coxarthrosis of the hip joint should be combined with a light massage of the lower back and hips. After the complex is completed, it is recommended to lie down on your back for 15-20 minutes.
Knee joint exercises
Before starting gymnastics, it is recommended to warm up, which includes slow walking on toes and heels, the external and internal arches of the foot. Walking in place with knees up and shallow squats is allowed within the limits of preserved mobility. The total duration of the warm-up is 5-7 minutes.
The conservative treatment of arthrosis of the knee according to Dr. Evdokimenko includes the following exercises:
Sit on a chair with your back straight. Straighten your legs alternately so that they are parallel to the floor. Hold for 30-40 seconds, do 2-4 repetitions for each s >
It is best to perform these exercises immediately after the complex for the hip joint. Static gymnastics Evdokimenko for knee joints with arthrosis is well combined with yoga elements and exercises “scissors”, “bicycle” at a slow dynamic pace. Experts recommend to roll balls of different diameters and small objects with your toes to strengthen the muscles of the lower extremities and restore joint mobility with arthrosis.
Finish the workout with a massage of the knees, lower legs and front surface of the thighs with slow stroking movements. After gymnastics according to the method of Evdokimenko, one should not go outside for 2–3 hours and supercool. It is advisable to wear warm wool tights or tights, cover your legs with a plaid.
Regular gymnastics according to Evdokimenko with arthrosis in combination with drug treatment and physiotherapy allows patients, especially the elderly, to do without surgery. Sparing physical activity, performed under the supervision of a doctor, helps to partially restore the lost mobility of the joints and significantly improve overall health. The greatest effect from classes is noted at an early stage of the disease.
Healing gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joints – the author’s methods of treatment of Bubnovsky, Evdokimenko, Jamaldinova and others
Treatments for knee arthrosis include healing gymnastics, which helps strengthen the muscles of the legs to relieve damaged joint articulation. A set of exercises also helps to restore blood circulation and accelerate metabolism in the diseased limb. Thus, the development of the disease affecting the articular apparatus is inhibited, the pain syndrome and the inflammatory process are stopped.
There are many copyrighted methods developed by orthopedic doctors, which are aimed at the speedy recovery of a person with arthrosis of the knee joint. Before choosing the appropriate wellness exercises and proceeding with their implementation, it is necessary to consult a doctor. It is better to abstain from gymnastics in the period of exacerbation and in acute inflammatory process.
Gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joints according to the method of Evdokimenko
It is aimed at restoring the articular joint and strengthening the knee muscles. Gymnastics can be performed lying or standing:
- Lie on the floor, on the stomach, stretch your arms along the body and raise your straight leg, keeping it 15 cm from the floor for 30 seconds. Then slowly lower the limb to the floor and relax.
- Repeat the exercise after a short rest, but do the swings with the foot faster, still smoothly and carefully, keeping the limb on weight for a couple of seconds.
- Repeat the movement using the second leg.
The same thing can be done by bending the limb in the knee at a right angle:
- First, lift one bent leg and hold it in the air above the floor at a distance of 10 cm for half a minute.
- Do the exercise faster, holding the limb at the top point for a couple of seconds.
- Change leg. Repeat motion.
The doctor recommends the following exercise to physically strong people:
- Lying on your stomach raise both straightened legs.
- Without lowering the limbs, slowly spread them apart.
- Bring together.
- Repeat the movement 8-10 times.
From a sitting position, you can also straighten and keep your feet on the weight, first left, then right.
An easy and effective exercise from a standing position is that a person slowly and smoothly rises on tiptoe, while leaning on the back of a chair so as not to lose balance.
Also standing, leaning on your heels, you can lift socks on yourself. Fix each position for 60 seconds, and then rest.
More details on the methodology of Dr. Evdokimenko can be found in the video below.
It is aimed at reducing pain. Includes simple exercises that can be performed even at the workplace:
- Imitation of walking from a sitting position. Heels should not be torn off the floor. Socks work that a person must lift and pull on himself. The movements are performed alternately. During execution, carefully massage the knees and hips.
- Still sitting, spread your legs shoulder-width apart. Without lifting your heels off the floor, at the same time take your socks in, then out.
- The same movement can be repeated with the knees, bringing them together and spreading them, with the foot pressed to the floor.
- Imitate walking, using only the heels, and keeping your toes on the floor.
- From a sitting position, you can bend and unbend straightened legs in the knee and perform bends, trying to reach the feet.
- At the end of the gymnastics, rub the knees, hips and calves.
Important. The Muslim Jamaldinov complex helps to cope with pain, stretch muscles and warm up knee joints.
Gymnastics by the method of Bubnovsky
It is aimed at stretching, strengthening muscles and restoring motor activity in the knee joint:
- Place crushed or crushed ice in canvas bags, wrap it with a terry towel, and fix it in the area of the articular joints. Kneel down and start walking. Two steps are enough to start. Increase the number gradually, but do not exceed 15 movements.
- Get on your knees and move to your heels. Hold in this position for up to 20 seconds. Performing the exercise, exhale sharply, uttering the sound “Ha!”.
- Sit, stretched out legs, reach out and grab hold of the foot, while pointing your thumbs at yourself.
On a note. Bubnovsky’s set of exercises can turn out to be painful, therefore it must be performed with caution, increasing the load gradually. The doctor gives advice on refusing medication and on a diet that will help you lose weight, thereby relieving your knees.
Gymnastics Dr. Popov
It uses the principle of “small movements”, the purpose of which is to warm up the muscles and articular apparatus. Micro gymnastics includes the following simple exercises:
- An imitation of walking, which is performed while sitting on a chair.
- Tilts forward from the same position, stretching the legs and alternately bending them at the knee.
- Rotation of the foot, standing. In this case, the leg must be taken back. In order not to lose balance, hold on to the back of the chair.
More information about the Popov complex can be found on the video.
Daily gentle gymnastics, as well as swimming, breathing exercises will help get rid of pain, strengthen muscles, restore mobility to the knee joint. Gymnastics can be performed without getting out of bed as soon as a person woke up.
- Reduce leg muscles alternately.
- Rub the palms of the skin in the thighs, knees and calves.
- Heels alternately rub your feet.
After this, Neumyvakin recommends standing up and performing arbitrary movements for several minutes. More information about the complex can be found on the video.
The method of treatment of Dr. Myasnikov
It comes down to the development of knee joints several times a day, best in the morning and evening. The main exercise in the fight against arthrosis is an imitation of sitting sitting. Butchers recommend turning any homework into exercise, using as many muscles as possible.
It is also necessary to include in the daily complex:
- Flexion / extension of the knee joint. This movement is best performed in water, then the load on the affected area is reduced.
- Walking uphill or on steep stairs.
- Stretching on the back and front of the thigh.
- Imitation of cycling or exercise on a stationary bike without pedal resistance.
On a note. A prerequisite for Myasnikov is a diet that heals the body and helps to reduce weight.
Treatment by the method of Vitaliy Ostrovsky
It includes gentle physical activity, which involve and develop the knee joints and return motor activity:
- From the prone position, bend and unbend the feet. Repeat movement at least 10 times.
- Alternately retract or raise one leg, alternating with the other.
- Imitation of cycling.
- Squats that need to be done very carefully while sitting in a high chair. You need to lower and rise, grabbing the edges of the seat with your hands so that the body weight falls on them, and not on your knees.
- Also sitting, raise alternately straightened legs.
Important. The doctor Vitaliy Ostrovsky recommends walking on the spot, which can be done at home and in the office. We must march, trying to raise our knees higher.
It is based on the principle of micromotion:
- Sit on a high chair, shake your legs with a small amplitude, easily and relaxed. The duration of the wiggle depends on the degree of arthrosis. You need to start 3 times a day, for several minutes, gradually increasing the execution time.
- Do shallow squats, be sure to keep your hands on the support.
- Sitting on the floor, lean forward, wrap your arms around your legs in the knees and swing them from side to side.
- Sitting to tear off the heels from the floor and lower it back, freely, without making unnecessary efforts.
- Slap your toes on the floor without lifting your heels.
On a note. If you exercise Gitt daily, after a couple of months, a person will feel a significant improvement.
Gymnastics Alexandra Bonina
The technique is aimed at strengthening muscles and restoring motor activity of the knee joints:
- Lying on your back with straightened legs, stretch the big toe away from you and bend it towards you.
- Keep your toes together and apart.
- Perform rotational clockwise footsteps.
- To squeeze the toes, trying to grab the imaginary ball with them.
- Sliding your soles across the floor or bed, bend and unbend your knees. During bending, try to reach the buttocks with the heel.
Important. Performing Bonina gymnastics is better in the morning, immediately after sleep. Classes should be interrupted if a person feels acute pain. With an increase in pain, they increase two hours after charging, the load should be reduced.
Techniques can be alternated, however, they must be performed regularly. This will help to achieve a better effect, speed up the healing process and restore damaged knee joints.
Charging for joints according to Evdokimenko
The health and mobility of the whole organism largely depends on the condition of the joints. Academician Pavel Valeryevich Evdokimenko is known for his courses of therapy for many diseases, which include manual and massage procedures, gymnastics and exercise therapy, joint extension techniques and drug treatment. Given that most of the world’s population suffers from various types of articular lesions, the complex developed by this specialist is very popular. The technique is especially effective for arthrosis of the hip, shoulder and other joints.
Since the method is based on physical exercises, healing exercises are aimed at improving the condition of articular joints, stimulating the production of synovial fluid, and regenerating cartilage and bone tissues. The development of Dr. Evdokimenko allows you to use the complex without resorting to the help of simulators or special structures, joint gymnastics is easily carried out at home. The main feature of these exercises is smoothness and measuredness. Indications for using the method:
- violation of posture;
- pathology in the spine;
- arthrosis of the hip joints, etc .;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- meniscus lesions;
- tendon inflammation;
- deformities with coxarthrosis;
- back pain;
- joints hurt.
In addition to the above, gymnastics Evdokimenko effectively fights the consequences of joint operations, as a prophylaxis and rehabilitation after injuries and bruises. It is freely carried out at home, special preparations and preparations are not required. Exercises are performed slowly, evenly, due to repetitions they have different loads. Special complexes for various articular groups have been developed.
Benefit and Efficiency
Therapeutic gymnastics of any kind is aimed at developing a damaged joint and has a number of positive qualities when performed. Patients suffering from destructive diseases note the high efficiency of this method, ease of implementation and high rates after completing the course. Due to the ability to relieve pain, it turns out to increase the amplitude of movements, especially if menisci suffer.
The main goals of the use of therapy:
- normalization of the condition of the joints;
- stimulation of blood circulation in the affected area;
- strengthening regenerative processes;
- removal of muscle tone;
- elimination of spasm;
- muscle strengthening;
- activation of metabolic processes.
Exercise and gymnastics with arthrosis help patients develop lubrication in the articular joints, improve the way of life through development. During classes, it is possible to stop the unpleasant symptoms of arthritic diseases and relieve muscle tone, which positively affects the condition of the whole organism and the nutrition of damaged tissues. The doctor has developed many complexes that are suitable for all sorts of injuries. This makes it possible to choose a method of therapy individually for each case.
Before starting training, it is necessary to be examined by a doctor to determine the degree of damage and the nature of the disease, since therapy has a number of contraindications.
A set of exercises for joints from Dr. Evdokimenko
Evdokimenko P.V. developed a set of exercises for large groups of joints that should not be done all at once. In addition to the development of limbs, there are manipulations aimed at strengthening the muscles of the back and press. A large selection of exercises will diversify the workout, the duration of the exercise is 15-30 minutes. Depending on the location of the lesion, complexes are distinguished:
- for the hip joints;
- for the shoulder joint;
- for knee joints;
- for the elbow joint, etc.
Exercise therapy and charging are carried out strictly during the period of remission, the reason is the load for acute pain is strictly prohibited. Before using gymnastics, you should familiarize yourself with the rules and restrictions, as well as the advice of a doctor, which indicates all the nuances and features of the training. Before manipulations, you need to prepare the body for a small workout.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
For the knees
- From the supine position, raise a straight leg and fix the position for 10 seconds. At the same time, the hips remain motionless, manipulations are performed using the muscles of the abdomen and back. Repeat for each leg 10 times.
- Standing, raise a leg bent at the knee at an angle of 90 degrees parallel to the floor and hold for 5-10 seconds. Do the same with the second leg.
- Walking on the spot. Hands on the hips should be marched as much as possible raising the knees up.
- Bicycle (treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint). Raise the legs bent at the knees and simulate pedaling in the air, alternately changing the height.
For the hip joint
- Lying on his stomach, gently raise both legs to the maximum height, move them apart, close and lower them to the floor. Repeat 5 times.
- On the side, raise the upper leg up, scroll with the leg part first inward, then back. Repeat up to 10 times.
- Performing a light kneading massage of the hips, calves and other muscles that were involved during the training.
A common disorder in patients is discontinuation after the disappearance of pain and other symptoms. Often, the symptoms of the disease disappear after taking the drugs, so the patient does not consider it necessary to continue the courses of physical exercises. Many try to perform as many movements as possible in order to improve and accelerate the result, which is fundamentally wrong. An important aspect of therapy is the correct dosage of loads. Along with these movements, patients use exercises that are not indicated in the list. Such a diffuse selection of manipulations can also worsen the position of the joint.
Evdokimenko’s books contain a list of physical conditions in which training is not possible. This is the menstrual period in women, hernias, high body temperature, the presence of varicose diseases and the expansion of the vascular network. Also, active actions are not carried out for heart disease, high blood pressure, it is not recommended for people with complete destruction of cartilage tissue. Training is prohibited in the postoperative period.
Treatment of arthrosis of the knee according to the recommendations of Dr. Evdokimenko
The treatment of arthrosis of the knee according to the recommendations of Dr. Evdokimenko is a way that has helped many cope with this unpleasant disease. What is a technique?
General recommendations for the treatment of arthrosis
The methodology of treatment involves improving blood flow and providing cartilage with nutrients. It also restores joint mobility and removes pain.
The doctor – rheumatologist Pavel Evdokimenko believes that patients with gonarthrosis should resort to the following therapeutic agents:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that relieve pain and inflammation.
- Chondroprotectors that help restore cartilage.
- Intra-articular injections that relieve painful symptoms of the disease.
- Ointments and gels with analgesic effect.
- Exercise therapy.
- Manual therapy
- Physiotherapeutic procedures.
However, healing gymnastics is the most important technique for eliminating unpleasant signs of arthrosis of the knee joint.
A set of exercises according to the method
Gymnastics with gonarthrosis is provided for those patients who have a period of subsidence of an exacerbation of pathology. Doctor Evdokimenko believes that gymnastics for the knee joints has the following useful properties:
- Strengthens the muscle groups of the lower extremities.
- Increases the elasticity of the knee ligaments.
- It normalizes blood circulation, as a result of which the metabolic process improves.
- Improves the general condition of the patient and his emotional background.
You need to train regularly to achieve a positive result. The course of treatment on average lasts from 2 to 4 weeks. Gymnastics should be carried out at least 2 times a day for 10 – 15 minutes. It should not give the patient pain.
Before you start exercise therapy, you need to warm up the muscles. To do this, you need to warm up. It includes traditional walking exercises:
- in place;
- on tiptoe
- on the heels;
- on the outside of the foot;
- on the inside of the foot;
- breathing exercises.
It is allowed to add slow walking to the warm-up with knees raised above the waist. It should last at least 5 minutes. You can perform walking with the lower leg raised, trying to reach the buttocks with the heel. It also lasts up to 5 minutes. It’s useful to squat 10 to 20 times.
Exercise therapy for arthrosis can be performed by patients at any age. It is allowed to combine gymnastics with swimming in the pool or hatha yoga. They have a beneficial effect on joints and muscles.
Important! For older people, the likelihood of surgery with joint replacement is significantly reduced with regular gymnastics.
8 best arthrosis exercises
These exercises should be done in a certain sequence:
- You should lie on your stomach, hands should be placed along the body. Then raise the straight right leg 20 cm from the floor and keep it on weight for 40 seconds. The pelvis at this time should fit snugly to the surface. After the time has passed, change your leg.
- Lying on your stomach, you should bend the leg in the knee joint at an angle of 90 degrees and carefully lift 10 cm from the floor, keep it on weight for 12 seconds, then perform the same action with the second limb.
- Lying on his stomach to raise both legs, then to part and bring them together.
- Take a position lying on the right side, bend the leg, and meanwhile straighten the left and raise as much as possible, keep it that way for 20 seconds, then do it on the left side as well.
- Sit on a chair, first straighten your leg, holding it for a minute on weight. After that, repeat the same with the other limb. If your knees begin to hurt, then you must stop the exercise.
- Stand next to the chair, holding its back with your hands to smoothly rise to the toes, remaining in this position for several seconds, then carefully lower the feet to the floor.
- Continuing to stand next to the chair and leaning on it, you should stand on your heels, trying to raise your feet up.
- Standing next to the chair, the right foot should be lifted to the toe with the left foot stationary, then do the same with the other foot.
After performing the gymnastics, it is necessary to do self-massage, rising from the knee to the inguinal region. First, rub the skin hard, then stretch the muscles. Finish the massage with light strokes.
Important! Exercise therapy is contraindicated in some patients. Do not perform gymnastics in patients with pathologies of the heart and blood, as well as inguinal hernia. It is forbidden to people with acute inflammatory disease of any localization.
Performing exercise therapy exercises should not be in a hurry, try to use not the joints, but the muscles. If some exercise brings discomfort, it is better to abandon it and replace it with another.
Statodynamic gymnastics according to the method
To improve blood circulation during a dislocation or fall on the lower limb, a well-known doctor – rheumatologist recommends the following set of physical exercises:
- Take a lying position, bend the left leg at the knee, putting the foot on the floor, straighten the right limb and raise it to a distance of 25 cm, stretch the toe onto itself and hold out in this position for at least 30 seconds. Then repeat all actions with the left foot.
- Perform 10 to 14 leg lifts.
- Extend and bend the feet, holding each foot at a distance from the floor of at least 20 cm.
- Extend the right limb and stretch the toe, while resting the foot against the surface. Lock the leg in this position for 20 seconds.
- Lie on your stomach. Bend your knees and alternately lift them first at a slow pace, then gradually accelerating. You can’t tear your pelvis off the floor. The load should be directed to the buttocks and back of the thigh.
- Lie on your side. Raise straight legs alternately.
- Take a sitting position. Stretch the lower limbs in front of you, then smoothly stretch your chest towards your hips without sharp jerking and bending your knees. So that the pelvis has the correct slope, the doctor recommends using a towel under the buttocks.
When performing any exercise therapy complex, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
Who is contraindicated in exercises with gonarthrosis?
Doctors do not recommend physical exercises for patients with the following ailments:
- cardiovascular diseases;
- bleeding disorders;
- in the first days after knee surgery;
- during acute infectious pathology.
If you do not listen to the opinion of specialists, then instead of improving the patient’s condition can significantly deteriorate.
Features of manual therapy and physiotherapy
If your knees hurt, then manual and physiotherapy give a tangible result in combination with medications. Manual therapy consists of two types of effects on the joints:
- The first is mobilization. At the same time, the joint is carefully extended, which eliminates muscle spasm and returns partial mobility, reducing pressure on the articular cartilage.
- The second type is manipulation. It consists of one sharp and short movement. Relief occurs immediately, pain decreases, and range of motion is restored.
Dr. Evdokimenko considers the following effective physiotherapeutic procedures:
- use of leeches, or hirudotherapy;
- laser treatment;
- cooling method, or cryotherapy;
- ultrasound treatment;
- treatment with ozokerite.
You can familiarize yourself with the complex exercises on Evdokimenko in the video.
Dr. Evdokimenko believes that the treatment of gonarthrosis is life-long. But picking up complex therapy, the process can be suspended.
We will be very grateful if you rate it and share it on social networks