Hello dear readers. Today we will talk about osteochondrosis – a problem in our time that excites almost every person at a certain age.
In recent years, the once exotic word osteochondrosis has firmly entered our vocabulary. Many people, regardless of age, confidently “diagnose” this problem.
And after fifty, the majority consider osteochondrosis to be almost a mandatory increase in retirement, responding to complaints “and whoever does not have it!”.
This is not just a wrong, but fundamentally harmful point of view.
Indeed, osteochondrosis is not just a chronic disease, it is often a condition of the spine, which leads to a person’s indifference to himself, banal inaction at the first symptoms and elementary laziness to spend some time on your health.
Osteochondrosis is a disease of the spine in which the connective tissue is damaged, the discs lose strength and elasticity, their shape and consistency change, they become vulnerable to any provoking factors.
The result may be protrusion, intervertebral hernia, kyphosis and other complications.
In addition, pathological changes can affect not only the spine, but also ligaments, blood vessels, nerve endings, which leads to damage to the internal organs and systems of the body.
Therefore, if we want to live, we need to take care of the spine.
- Causes of osteochondrosis
- How to cure spinal osteochondrosis
- Physiotherapeutic treatment
- Therapeutic gymnastics and physical education
- Exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine at home
- Folk remedies in the treatment of spinal osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis treatment at home
- Methods of treatment with folk remedies
- Symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Types of treatment for osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- Thoracic osteochondrosis
- Osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral
- Injections for osteochondrosis. Ointments and tablets for osteochondrosis.
- Osteochondrosis treatment at home
- Gymnastics and exercises for osteochondrosis
- Exacerbation of osteochondrosis – what to do?
- Treatment of breast osteochondrosis
- Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies
- Recovery after osteochondrosis and rheumatism
- Treatment of osteochondrosis at home, the real story from the author Medic.Ymka.ru.
- Treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home
- Home Treatment
- Gymnastics and exercises
- Folk remedies for the treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis
- Other methods of treating cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home
- How to get rid of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home?
- Cervicothoracic Home Therapy May Harm
- Effective treatments for osteochondrosis at home
- Symptoms of the disease
- How to treat cervical, thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis at home
- Medication Therapy
- Wellness exercises
- Orthopedic Accessories
Causes of osteochondrosis
There are a lot of factors causing changes in the intervertebral discs. We single out the main ones.
- Heredity. Some diseases of the spine have a genetic predisposition, so if you have a burdened heredity, attention to spinal problems should be as closely as possible.
- Metabolic disease. Diffuse nutrition of cartilaginous tissues and discs can be disturbed or weakened as a result of intoxication of the body (including due to the frequent use of drugs, for example, antibiotics), various infections, and toxic surroundings.
- Overweight. The spine prov >
How to cure spinal osteochondrosis
Do I need to see a doctor for back pain and how to cure osteochondrosis at home?
If you feel pain in the neck, back, frequent headaches, numbness of the limbs, decreased performance, muscle stiffness, sleep disturbance – this is a serious reason to consult a doctor.
Here we are not talking about prevention, but about the treatment of osteochondrosis. Often patients ask the doctor questions: can osteochondrosis be completely cured? Can osteochondrosis be cured at home?
Acute osteochondrosis of the first and second degree is curable, advanced chronic osteochondrosis of the third and fourth degree is rarely amenable to complete cure, but it is quite possible to “freeze” the spread of the disease.
First of all, take care of a healthy lifestyle and healthy sleep. Sleeping on a soft feather bed is strictly prohibited.
If it is not possible to purchase an orthopedic mattress, put thick plywood or a removed door on the bed.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Medicines recommended for the treatment of osteochondrosis are aimed at solving the following problems:
- elimination of the inflammatory process;
- pain relief;
- relaxation of muscle cramps;
- restoration of cartilage tissue;
- restoration of blood flow in the vessels, restoration of metabolic processes;
Do not self-medicate and choose drugs on the advice of friends and acquaintances! Only a specialist doctor will prescribe the necessary drug, determine the course of treatment and the necessary dose, based on the stage of the disease and the characteristics of your body.
Physiotherapeutic procedures give a good result in osteochondrosis. But remember: to conduct them optimally twice a year, during the period of remission and only according to the indications of the attending physician.
Given the capabilities of the clinic and the patient, appoint:
- to improve blood circulation and metabolic processes – electrophoresis;
- to relieve tension in the muscles and the inflammatory process – acupuncture and mud therapy;
- to restore joint mobility – magnetic and laser therapy;
- for a stimulating effect and restoration of muscle tone – therapeutic massage.
Therapeutic gymnastics and physical education
Specialists have developed sets of exercises for the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis. To ensure the effectiveness of exercises, follow these rules:
- do exercises regularly, 1 – 2 times a day, preferably at the same time;
- make sure that your breath does not go astray, it is even and deep;
- watch your heart rate;
- if you experience discomfort and pain, reduce the intensity and consult a specialist.
Exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis of the spine at home
Exercise is aimed at stretching the cartilage, improving nutrition and oxygen supply of the vertebrae and cartilage.
The exercises are performed smoothly, without heavy movements.
Exercise is contraindicated and periods of exacerbation of the disease, with inflammatory processes, with problems with blood vessels and oncology.
All exercises are repeated 3-10 times.
In a standing position, we stretch the spine, performing the following movements:
- raise and lower your hands, slightly pulling them back, while stretching;
- at the chest level, cross your arms as far as possible, then spread them apart;
- head gently lower alternately to each shoulder;
- to clasp your hands in the lock on the back of your head and keep your elbows as low as possible;
- to clasp your fingers in the lock behind your back, raise and lower your hands, without disengaging;
- raise and lower hands alternately, running along the side from the thigh to the armpits, while the body remains motionless.
While standing, we perform movements with a stick:
- lift up and lower the stick behind the back;
- leaning slightly forward, lower and raise the stick behind your back;
- cross arms, holding the stick as wide as possible;
- hold the stick in front of you as wide as possible and raise your hands alternately, then – the same thing, but the stick behind
- stretch your legs and arms up, pressing your lower back to the floor;
- raise the chest and reduce the shoulder blades, do not tilt your head back;
- leaning on the shoulders and heels, raise the body;
- raise the pelvis, put your hands under your back;
- do the exercise “scissors”, do not tear the lower back from the floor;
- pulling up, try to connect your knees and elbows.
- stretch your arms forward, take them behind your back and raise if you can;
- raise arms and legs and stretch;
- raise arms and legs asymmetrically, stretching;
- bend and straighten your back, first lying down, then standing on all fours;
- standing on all fours, stretch your arms forward, reach for them.
A wonderful tool for maintaining and treating the spine is swimming. Swimming involves all the muscles of the back, loading them evenly.
If daily swimming is possible, they can replace physical therapy. Also do not forget about daily walks in the fresh air (at least half an hour).
Watch the video with therapeutic exercises from Alexei Mamatov:
Folk remedies in the treatment of spinal osteochondrosis
- Therapeutic baths. Add solutions of chamomile, burdock, needles, oak bark, nettle to the bath. This relieves muscle tension and produces an analgesic effect.
- Compresses Compresses work well from raw grated potatoes with honey (1: 1), from aloe, vodka and honey (in equal proportions), from steamed leaves of burdock and burdock. Be sure to keep the compress warm.
- Grinding. In folk medicine, they use triturations from ground shredded leaves of mother and stepmother, burdock, burdock, insisted on vodka. And also from bee products: propolis, wax, zabrus, bee venom.
- Applicators Kuznetsova and Lyapko. Widely used to relieve pain.
- Self-massage. You can use essential oils or home remedies.
Declare osteochondrosis as your enemy long before it appears, and if you have a disease, fight it with all available methods and believe in victory.
Osteochondrosis treatment at home
Methods of treatment with folk remedies
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
- Discomfort in the spine.
- Feeling of numbness in the back.
- Symptoms of insufficient oxygen supply.
- Dizziness, anxiety.
- Pain in hands, neck, pelvis, joints, groin.
- Aching pain in the legs.
- Shooting pain in bone.
Types of treatment for osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
One of the most frequent. Sedentary work (driving, at the computer) leads to the development of the disease. Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis include dizziness, headache, numbness of the tongue, pain in the chest, in the hands, darkening in the eyes. Blood pressure may rise.
Part of the thoracic spine is rarely affected. No acute pain. A person feels aching pain in the spine, a feeling of crawling insects on the chest, pain in the heart. But sometimes similar symptoms can occur with a heart attack, angina pectoris, ulcers, gastritis. With osteochondrosis, ECG values are normal, and with impending heart attack they differ. This is the difference in disease, even with similar symptoms.
Osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral
Since the largest and most basic load lies on the back, osteochondrosis of the lumbar region is one of the common forms of the disease. If you do not start treating the disease in time, then a hernia may appear. Pain in the back (lower back) is more worrying in autumn and spring, mainly at night. A person feels shooting pain in the back, aching in the legs, numbness of the limbs. The pain usually spreads to the buttock, heels, under the knees, in the calves. If the sciatic nerve is infringed, then the person tries not to bend to the affected side. Lumbar osteochondrosis brings a lot of problems to a person.
Injections for osteochondrosis. Ointments and tablets for osteochondrosis.
- General strengthening.
- “Diclofenac”, “Voltaraen” – anesthetize and relieve inflammation, relieve swelling.
- “Milgama” – a vitamin complex of group B.
- “Ketorolac”, “Ketonal” – eliminate swelling, pain, inflammation.
- “Midokalm” – reduces pain, relieves muscle spasms.
- Chondroprotectors include “Don”, “Alflutop”.
Preparations (gels, ointments).
- “Fastum gel.”
- “Bystrum gel.”
- Homeopathic ointments.
- Massage ointments.
Osteochondrosis treatment at home
Gymnastics and exercises for osteochondrosis
To have the effect of gymnastics, it must be performed daily.
- You should bend your head forward, cross your arms in your fingers and push your arms crossed on the neck. Hold in this position for 30 seconds.
- Perform circular head movements. In this case, the fingertips should be in the middle of the shoulder.
Massage of the earlobes, neck, shoulders is very effective.
- In the sitting position, you should tilt your head back, straighten your back. You need to press the chin with your hand, gradually turn your head to the left, then to the right. After each movement and rotation of the head should be delayed for 15 seconds.
- It is necessary to raise and lower the shoulders alternately and together. With every change in body position, you need to linger for 15-20 seconds. You need to raise your shoulders so that they reach almost to the ears. Rubbing the spine (warming up) at the beginning and at the end of charging is necessary.
Exacerbation of osteochondrosis – what to do?
In spring, an exacerbation of the lower parts of the spine often occurs; in the winter, the thoracic region becomes more acute. Exacerbation can occur with changes in weather, stress, physical exertion. With an exacerbation of the disease, pain medications, local ointments, drugs that relieve swelling and muscle spasm are prescribed. Diuretics are used for severe edema, but sodium and potassium preparations must be used at the same time.
Treatment of breast osteochondrosis
With breast osteochondrosis, pain appears as with angina pectoris. The intensification of pain occurs when coughing, sneezing, if a person raises his hand. Sensitivity from the affected side is reduced. Pain in the hand is aching or cutting in nature. Pain in the heart confuses a person, he thinks that a sick heart. But unlike heart disease, a person will not feel better after Validol or Nitroglycerin.
Treatment of osteochondrosis folk remedies
Tips and recipes for Dr. Konovalov S.S. for the treatment of osteochondrosis
Recovery after osteochondrosis and rheumatism
Treatment of osteochondrosis at home, the real story from the author Medic.Ymka.ru.
The doctors diagnosed my grandfather with osteochondrosis. Assigned disability 3rd degree and had to continue to go to work. After 15 minutes being on my grandfather’s feet aching and aching legs, it was impossible to work, you had to either lie down and relax, or hang on the horizontal bar. It was impossible to work and he took a vacation for 1 month. Before, grandfather tried different methods of treating osteochondrosis on himself: he beat himself with nettles – but except for the blisters the next day – it did not bring anything.
Grandpa did not give up and decided to set a goal for himself – to exercise for a month so that he could then squat 100 times. Because after standing on legs for 15 minutes the whole right leg hurt – he decided that the task (100 squats) should be just that.
To do this, he decided to do exercises every day and increase the number of squats daily. Initially, the grandfather could crouch with difficulty no more than 3 times. With a diagnosis of osteochondrosis, any physical exercise is difficult to perform. Therefore, he divided the classes into 2 parts:
1) the first 30 minutes he was engaged without getting out of bed, remember and do all the exercises that you only know and do them: a bicycle, scissors, legs – bend to the knee and straighten up, arms in different directions.
2) the second 30 minutes he got out of bed and was already engaged: horizontal bar and other exercises, both standing and sitting.
The main thing here is to do exercises every day, actively, but also not to overdo it.
After a month of this charger, my grandfather could already stand up at work from morning to dinner, rest in bed (go to bed) for 10 minutes (maybe more), and after that he could work again until evening.
Parting words were given to all those who want to stand on their feet in old age: “In youth, we don’t notice how charging helps us, because the bones and body do not hurt. At the age of – Charging is a source of strength, health and energy for the whole day, doing every day – the body remembers its purpose, as in youth, when we were more active and energetic. Exercise every day and the strength of your body and spirit will always be with you. I wish you strength and health! ”
Treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home
Treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home can be carried out depending on the location of the displacement of the spinal column. Pathology affects the ridge, changes the cartilage between the vertebrae.
Osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic region with neglect leads to disability. Signs of pathology:
- pain in the affected area (neck, chest) with minor exertion, sudden movements;
- shortness of breath and lack of air;
If disturbing symptoms occur, you need to visit a doctor for further diagnosis. If the diagnosis is confirmed, the doctor will determine the stage and prescribe treatment.
Treatment of thoracic and cervical osteochondrosis includes a conservative technique and surgical intervention. At home, you can treat at the first and second stage of development. If the condition worsens, the vertebrae are even more displaced, they are fused, the defect is eliminated during the operation.
Treatment of thoracic and cervical osteochondrosis at home is carried out with the help of pharmacy preparations, a complex of light physical exercises, folk prescriptions for rubbing, compresses.
Doctors recommend visiting the pool, massage therapist, physiotherapy rooms. Actions aimed at relieving symptoms:
- muscle relaxation;
- stimulation of cartilaginous layers for regeneration;
- the return of displaced vertebrae to their original position;
- the release of pinched nerve fibers.
Treatment at home of osteochondrosis of the cervical and thoracic spine will be effective if all the doctor’s recommendations are followed.
It is possible to treat cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis at home with the help of medicines – commonly available drugs that are easily purchased in pharmacies. Do not carry out treatment without a doctor’s prescription; an improper remedy will delay the healing process. It is impossible to predict the reaction of the body to drugs. They block pain in the affected area, relieve muscle tone, increase blood circulation, establish metabolic processes, and improve well-being.
Under the influence of drugs, progression slows down.
At home, for the treatment of breast and cervical osteochondrosis in the chest and neck, medications are prescribed:
- Anti-inflammatory drugs of the non-steroidal group help to eliminate inflammation, edema at home. After the course, in the spinal column there is a decrease in pressure on the spinal artery, blood vessels.
- Painkillers quickly eliminate the sensation of pain, nervous tension.
- Relaxants – drugs that relax muscle tissue, eliminate pain.
Preparations based on chondroprotectors for osteochondrosis in the thoracic and cervical region normalize metabolic processes in the cartilage and bone tissues of the spine. As a result, it is possible to stimulate the regenerative properties of tissues, increase the gap between the vertebrae, and enable the deformed parts to occupy the desired position. Under the influence of chondroprotectors, pain is less likely to occur.
- Vasodilating drugs that improve blood flow to the site of the lesion. As a result of enhanced nutrition, the manifestation of symptoms is reduced, the process of correction is accelerated.
- Vitamins are useful helpers in treating osteochondrosis at home. The intake of groups B, C, E provides the body with the substances necessary for fighting. They stimulate the healing of cartilage, strengthen the spine, improve the patency of nerve fibers.
Home therapy for breast and cervical osteochondrosis is supplemented by the use of warming, analgesic ointments, creams. In the stage of exacerbation of pain, analgesic injections are used.
Gymnastics and exercises
To facilitate well-being, improve mobility will help therapeutic exercises. During the training, the spine strengthens, the muscles relax, the pain recedes: blood circulation is improving. Proper exercises and regular exercises help to increase the gap between the vertebrae, making it possible to take up the initial position of the deformed tissues, to release the pinched nerve roots.
A set of exercises for home conditions is determined by the doctor, he prescribes regularity, load. All movements are smooth, without sharp turns, inclinations.
Exercise therapy in the treatment of osteochondrosis in the neck and chest includes the following exercises:
Sit on a chair, place one hand on the back of the head and the other on the forehead. Do tilts back and forth, prov >Some exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis in the neck and chest are simple, suitable for home conditions. When charging is complete, pain and discomfort subside.
Exercise therapy is permissible in the remission stage, it is strictly forbidden to engage in charging during the period of exacerbation.
Folk remedies for the treatment of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis
At home, in the treatment of osteochondrosis in the thoracic and cervical spine, the medicinal properties of different plants that have a positive effect on the ridge are used. Various warming compresses, relieve pain, increase blood flow to the affected area, normalize metabolic processes.
The following recipes are suitable for treatment:
- Warming compress. You will need components: vodka – 0,5 liters, propolis – 1 gram, aloe extract – 50 grams, mustard powder – 50 grams. Add the ingredients to a container of vodka, wait for complete dissolution, then moisten the gauze dressing. Having laid in the right place, fix it with a scarf or other warm wardrobe item. The compress should stay on the site all night.
- At home, you can use honey. It quickly anesthetizes, eliminates manifestations of osteochondrosis in the chest and neck. To prepare a compress, 1 potato, 2 tbsp / liter of honey (preheated) is useful. Grate potato on a fine grater, mix with honey. Cover the warm compress with a plastic bag, fix it on the problem area with a warm scarf. Leave for action for several hours.
- Decoction for pain relief, sedation, relieving inflammation and swelling. For cooking you will need: 2 st / l yarrow, pour a glass of boiling water. Wait a while until the broth is infused (about 40 minutes). Use three times a day at 1 st / l.
Self-medicating osteochondrosis, it is recommended to consult a doctor so as not to harm the body.
Other methods of treating cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home
Auxiliary methods for the treatment of osteochondrosis at home:
Massage. The movements of a masseur warm up muscle tissue, increase blood flow, strengthen the neck and chest area, relieve spasms, tissue tension.
Swimming is an effective way to deal with cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home. A regular visit to the pool helps to stretch the spinal column, relax muscles, increase the distance between the vertebrae to ensure the successful return of deformed ridge elements. In the pool, you can perform water gymnastics, accelerating recovery.
Visiting physiotherapy rooms using different methods to correct spinal pathology. In order to relieve pain, relax muscle tissue, increase the effectiveness of medicines use magnetic waves, laser therapy, the effect of low-frequency currents.
Remember! Self-medication of osteochondrosis, without the advice of a doctor, at home is fraught with aggravation of the disease, with serious consequences.
How to get rid of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home?
It is impossible to get rid of cervicothoracic osteochondrosis at home, the cartilaginous layers between the vertebrae are not completely amenable to recovery. If you identify the disease in time and start treatment for osteochondrosis, you will be able to suspend development.
Treatment is enough at the first stages of the development of pathology, when light exercises, procedures eliminate symptoms, improve the general condition. If cervicothoracic osteochondrosis is not corrected at home, you need to visit a doctor, adjust treatment or choose another therapy.
See this video for more details:
Cervicothoracic Home Therapy May Harm
If the condition of the spinal column worsens during osteochondrosis, the deformity is aggravated, dizziness, shortness of breath and lack of air occur, a strong pain syndrome does not rest – the pathology goes to complex stages of development.
You need to stop treating at home and go to the hospital. Tightening increases the risk of spinal fusion, which will have to be removed surgically. Ignoring the signs of osteochondrosis will lead to the development of serious complications. Treatment at home with an aggravation of the condition is postponed until the period of remission.
Effective treatments for osteochondrosis at home
As you know, osteochondrosis is a chronic pathology due to degenerative-dystrophic changes in the structure of the spine. Unfortunately, 8 out of 10 people in the adult population suffer from osteochondrosis.
Pathology can begin in youth (20-25 years), gradually complicated by new manifestations. In general, lumbar, thoracic and cervical osteochondrosis is distinguished.
Symptoms of the disease
Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine is characterized by:
- Boring soreness in the neck and neck (cervicalgia);
- If the vertebral artery is affected, then there is a violation of the activity of the nerve centers that are responsible for the normalization of pressure indicators, therefore hypertension is often a pathology concomitant with osteochondrosis;
- In the process of development of cervical osteochondrosis, a compression of the artery of the spine occurs, which provokes the occurrence of symptoms such as extraneous sounds in the ears, dizziness and visual disturbances, paroxysmal aching headaches;
- Heart pain radiating to the shoulder blade and neck, similar to soreness of angina.
- Severe soreness resulting from compression of the spinal nerve roots, as well as venous arterial arteries that supply food to the spinal cord;
- When the lower lumbar roots are affected, the disease is accompanied by shooting pain on the outs />Methods of treatment
In the treatment of osteochondrosis, a whole range of therapeutic methods is used:
How to treat cervical, thoracic and lumbar osteochondrosis at home
Each of the methods of anti-osteochondrosis therapy is aimed at stopping the pain syndrome with its subsequent elimination, at normalizing the course of the vertebral structural processes and at restoring the radicular spinal activity.
Drug therapy of osteochondrosis is based on several areas:
Symptomatic therapy – aimed at eliminating the pain syndrome and involves taking anti-inflammatory drugs like Piroxicam, Diclofenac or Ibuprofen, Lornoxicam or Xefocam, Meloxicam and Nimesul >Quite effective in the fight against osteochondrosis and physiotherapy, which:
- Help in the elimination of pain;
- Increase the amplitude of motor capabilities;
- Improve and facilitate the course of immune processes;
- Normalize blood circulation;
- Material-metabolic processes are normalized;
- Provide a reduction in the therapeutic dosage of anti-inflammatory non-steroidal and analgesic drugs.
Physiotherapy has many varieties. In anti-osteochondrosis treatment, it is most often used:
- Electrotherapy involves carrying out procedures related to exposure to electric current, such as electrophoresis, galvanization, electric sleep, darsonvalization and others using special devices (ESMA, Potok, etc.);
- Shock-wave therapy is carried out with devices that convert an electrical impulse into an ultrasound wave, which, acting on the spine affected by osteochondrosis, accelerates the healing of damaged bone and cartilage tissues, eliminates pain and swelling;
- Balneotherapy involves the use of mineral waters and mud, after exposure to which blood supply improves, pain stops and material metabolism normalizes;
- Magnetotherapy – this device is based on the use of a constant magnetic field created by special inductors that are placed on the affected vertebral areas;
- Laser therapy is based on the use of special lasers, which, acting on the affected tissue, contribute to their recovery.
Since anti-osteochondrosis therapy is complex, it involves a rationally balanced diet.
For patients with such a disease, it is extremely important to limit the intake of fluids, salt, simple carbohydrates. They need to remove from the diet:
- Drinks like cocoa, coffee, and strong tea;
- Pickles and spicy dishes;
- Products that are too rich in extractive substances (mushrooms, fatty varieties of fish, poultry, meat, etc.).
Since intervertebral cartilage is destroyed during osteochondrosis, animal proteins, which are rich in dairy products, lean varieties of fish or meat, are necessary for their restoration.
Jellied meat or broth made on the basis of boiled bones of beef or pork legs is especially useful for such patients. Such a broth is rich in collagen, providing bone and cartilage tissues with extra strength.
Therapeutic gymnastics plays an equally important role in the treatment of osteochondrosis, moreover, it is considered the most effective method of combating the destruction of bone and cartilage cells, helps to strengthen muscle and joint tissues, provides mobility of the spine and helps in the restoration of damaged tissues.
When performing exercise therapy, you should observe several simple conditions:
- The movements should not cause severe bouts of pain or any discomfort, if a similar effect takes place, it is necessary to discuss the situation with the doctor;
- You can not perform exercises during periods of exacerbation of the disease, otherwise it is possible to intensify a pain symptom or develop complications;
- You need to perform the exercises smoothly, avoiding sudden movements.
The set of necessary exercises is selected by the doctor in accordance with the condition of the patient and the degree of development of osteochondrosis.
Massage procedures improve blood circulation and have a relaxing effect on the patient’s muscles. Start the massage with light stroking, then goes into rubbing, kneading. Massage can be done with your hands or using special items like cans.
Alternative medicine can also help in the treatment of osteochondrosis, in the arsenal of which there are many recipes for various rubbing and compresses. Thanks to folk remedies that enhance blood flow, it is possible to relieve pain and relax muscles.
At the heart of such tools are used:
- Essential oils (fir, etc.);
- Pork melted lard;
- Camphor alcohol;
- Badger fat;
- Venom of bees, snakes;
- Medicinal roots and herbs like aloe, birch or horseradish leaves, garlic, ginger, red pepper.
They are combined with alcohol, iodine, turpentine, which as a result provides an irritating local effect. Mustard baths (200 g of powder per bath of water) are excellent in relieving sudden acute pain.
A good addition to the home treatment of osteochondrosis will be the use of orthopedic accessories, providing complete relaxation of the spine during a night’s rest.
Therefore, during sleep, you need to occupy the correct and comfortable body position.
High-quality mattresses and pillows for orthopedic use can help. Thanks to the use of such devices during the night, the spine will be completely relaxed, which will eliminate symptoms and improve the patient’s condition.
Video about the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis at home: