Intercostal neuralgia is a pathology in which there is a sharp and severe pain in the chest area. Its appearance is usually triggered by squeezing or irritation of the intercostal nerve. The disease itself does not pose a serious health hazard. However, the painful sensations that arise with it are so unbearable that they require prompt intervention by a doctor. Symptoms that accompany intercostal neuralgia appear both on the right and on the left. This disease is more worrying for adults. At its first manifestations, it is worthwhile to consult a doctor in order to exclude the likelihood of other ailments, the symptoms of which are similar. An example of such a pathology can be myocardial infarction.
- Symptoms of intercostal neuralgia on the right
- Causes of the disease
- Which doctor treats neuralgia?
- Effective treatments for intercostal neuralgia
- What is the danger of neuralgia on the right s >Acute and severe pain that occurs in the right hypochondrium, in most cases, indicates muscle spasm, but sometimes this symptom is confused with a heart attack. That is why it is necessary to clearly know what intercostal neuralgia is, which has pain symptoms on the right.
- Why does pathology arise?
- Signs of intercostal neuralgia on the right
- Methods of diagnosis
- Therapy of intercostal neuralgia
- Medical advice
- Alternative Medicine
- Is it possible to completely cure intercostal neuralgia
- Causes of pathology
- Read also on the topic
- Differential diagnostics
- Intercostal neuralgia: recommendations of doctors for the treatment of chest neuralgia
- What is intercostal neuralgia
- Neuralgia on the left side of the thoracic region
- Neuralgia on the right under the ribs
- Symptoms of Chest Neuralgia
- Diagnosis of breast neuralgia
- Intercostal Neuralgia Treatment
- Manual therapy
Symptoms of intercostal neuralgia on the right
Diagnosis of the disease does not cause difficulties, since the clinical picture is distinguished by vivid manifestations. However, the symptoms that occur on the right, which is accompanied by intercostal neuralgia, are sometimes mistaken for signs of other pathologies. For this disease, such manifestations are characteristic:
- sudden, shooting chest; pain;
- burning sensation and pain in the ribs, back;
- partial loss of sensation in the right side of the chest.
In addition, attacks of intercostal neuralgia on the right, the treatment of which should be professional, may be accompanied by such signs:
- increased sweating; / li>
- muscle spasm in the chest; / li>
- discoloration of the skin at the site of pain localization (redness or blanching). / li>
The clinical manifestations of neuralgia are largely dependent on the area of nerve damage. Sometimes the inflammatory process immediately covers all the fibers. This explains the varied symptoms. It is characteristic of intercostal neuralgia that the pain does not abate even at night and at rest. Cramping can last from a few minutes to a couple of hours. The intensity of the pain depends on the area of the pinched nerve and other factors.
Causes of the disease
The etiology of the disease has not been reliably established. However, prescribing treatment identifies the causes provoking symptoms of intercostal neuralgia on the right and left. The most common pathologies include:
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- osteoporosis, scoliosis and osteochondrosis;
- viral infections, including herpetic;
- malignant and benign tumors.
Various spinal injuries can also cause symptoms on the right from the back, which is accompanied by intercostal neuralgia. For example, fractures, curvature, or displacement of the vertebrae. The following phenomena act as provoking factors:
- increased muscle tone;
- systematic hypothermia of the body;
- frequent unnatural body position (working posture);
- exposure to toxic agents;
- metabolic disease;
- alcohol abuse.
Often, treatment of intercostal neuralgia on the left or on the right is required for people who have a deficiency of vitamin B. In addition, patients older than 40 years are at risk. Usually this is the fair sex.
Which doctor treats neuralgia?
Attacks of the disease cause significant inconvenience to a person. Cramps are characterized by increased intensity. A person tries to take such a position of the body to reduce pain. However, neuralgia cannot be overcome on its own. Therefore, at the first manifestations of the disease, you should seek help from a specialist. Only a doctor, having studied the symptoms that arose from the right from the back, will say intercostal neuralgia is this or another disease. Diagnosis and treatment of this disease in the competence of such specialists:
In some cases, an oncologist consultation may be required. This specialist is consulted if there is a suspicion of tumor development. A neurosurgeon also takes part in the treatment of neuralgia. His help is required in an extreme case, when medical methods have not brought the desired effect. Before starting treatment, it is necessary to make a diagnosis. To do this, the doctor must listen to the patient’s complaints, examine him and conduct a survey during which he will be interested in:
- How long have symptoms occurred?
- How often do seizures bother, and how intense are they?
- How often are you in the drafts?
- What is a medical history?
- How often do you suffer from SARS?
As a rule, a visual inspection is not enough. Therefore, the doctor will prescribe a direction for hardware research methods.
Effective treatments for intercostal neuralgia
After the results of instrumental diagnostics are obtained, you can draw up a course of therapy. The following methods will help eliminate the symptoms of intercostal neuralgia on the right and make the treatment effective:
- taking medication;
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- surgical intervention.
Along with general therapy, acupuncture and magnetotherapy can be used. During treatment, the patient must observe bed rest and exclude all sorts of physical activity. To prevent relapse, you should undergo a course of exercises designed to strengthen the muscles of the back.
What is the danger of neuralgia on the right s >Acute and severe pain that occurs in the right hypochondrium, in most cases, indicates muscle spasm, but sometimes this symptom is confused with a heart attack. That is why it is necessary to clearly know what intercostal neuralgia is, which has pain symptoms on the right.
Pain arising in the right hypochondrium often does not pose a danger to the patient’s life. However, this phenomenon indicates that a disease develops in the human body. As soon as the patient felt any signs of intercostal neuralgia on the right, he should not self-medicate, it is necessary to visit a specialist in the near future and find out the cause of the disease.
Why does pathology arise?
In the international classification of diseases 10 revision (abbreviated ICD-10), this ailment is listed under the code M-79.2. The pathological condition in which there is a pinched nerve can be triggered by the following diseases:
- damage to the ribs (sprains or broken bones);
- chronic scoliosis (curvature of the spine);
- the appearance of intervertebral hernias;
- diseases of the digestive system;
- neoplasms in the thoracic region;
- severe intoxication of the body;
- insufficient intake of nutrients (vitamins, minerals);
- chronic alcoholism;
- inflammatory process in the muscles of the back;
- severe exhaustion;
- cardiovascular diseases;
Find out how intercostal neuralgia manifests itself during pregnancy and how to treat the disease.
Often, intercostal neuralgia on the right side is diagnosed in people with metabolic disorders, prone to fullness and obesity, suffering from hormonal disruptions. In addition, a pathological condition is often observed in women with menopause, as well as in women who prefer tight and tight bras.
Signs of intercostal neuralgia on the right
A person who first encounters intercostal neuralgia on the right to diagnose and begin treatment on his own is very problematic, as the symptoms are similar to signs of a heart attack. Unlike the last condition, the pathology still has clear differences with a heart attack:
- The pain in neuralgia is prolonged, worse by night.
- When the nerve is pinched, there is no violation of the heart rhythm.
- Painful sensations increase significantly when estimating body position, coughing or sneezing.
- After taking heart medications, improvement in well-being, as a rule, does not occur.
Common signs of intercostal neuralgia on the right side are:
- heavy sweating;
- feeling of numbness in the right side;
- sometimes pain radiates to the arm or shoulder joint;
- slight redness of the skin in the area of the affected side of the ribs;
- in acute intercostal neuralgia, there is always such a symptom as severe pain, even with slight palpation on the right side of the hypochondrium.
Important! In order to differentiate pathology from heart attack, you must definitely consult a doctor, otherwise the patient puts his life at risk.
Methods of diagnosis
After an external examination of a painful area of the body, the following examination methods are prescribed to confirm the diagnosis:
- magnetic resonance imaging: assesses the condition of blood vessels and soft tissues surrounding the affected area of the ribs;
- computed tomography: contrast medium is injected into the patient’s spinal canal, with which the condition of the spinal cord, nerve endings is assessed. This method is carried out only in conjunction with myelography;
- X-ray: with the help of pictures it is determined whether there are various injuries and inflammatory processes in the bone structures;
- discography with contrast: a substance is introduced into the intervertebral discs, which allows to assess the degree of damage to this area;
- ultrasound: able to exclude various diseases of the internal organs.
To exclude diseases of the endocrine system, as well as infectious processes occurring in the body, a laboratory test of the patient’s blood is capable, so the doctor necessarily sends the patient to this analysis.
Therapy of intercostal neuralgia
After confirming the diagnosis of intercostal neuralgia on the right, the doctor prescribes appropriate treatment for the patient. Therapy of the disease should be carried out only in a comprehensive manner. Before starting treatment of intercostal neuralgia on the right, you need to know exactly why this condition appeared.
Medications are selected based on the root cause of the pathology. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable. More often, the patient is prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers.
Intercostal neuralgia on the right has another symptom – the appearance of edema, to eliminate which diuretics (tablets) are used during the treatment of the disease. Anti-inflammatory and warming ointments, gels are recommended to be applied to the affected area, rubbing with massage movements. To relieve a depressive state, sedatives are indicated.
It is allowed to start intercostal neuralgia therapy using physiotherapy only after the pain on the right side of the ribs ceases. If there are at least any discomfort in the right hypochondrium, physiotherapy is not carried out. The most effective methods are:
- therapeutic and gymnastic exercises;
- laser treatment;
- paraffin therapy.
A sick person is shown bed rest, especially the first 10-14 days from the onset of the disease. The bed should be equipped with a special orthopedic mattress and pillow.
Regular warming of the affected area of the chest is necessary. For this, dry heat is used (various compresses, scarves made of natural wool). Mustard plasters have good effectiveness.
The diet of a patient with intercostal neuralgia on the right should also be reviewed. The patient needs to include more foods containing healthy vitamins and minerals in his food, to abandon bad habits, such as drinking alcohol, and smoking.
Among folk recipes, there are many proven ways of how to get rid of manifestations of intercostal neuralgia on the right. Thanks to alternative medicine, it is possible to get rid of pain in the ribs in a short time, eliminate the inflammatory process, and resume motor activity.
- Egg warming. Pre-boil the chicken egg, wrap it with a cotton cloth and, until it has cooled, apply to the affected area. The cooled egg is reheated in hot water or steam and continue the procedure.
- Garlic Butter 20 g of chopped garlic are mixed with half a glass of any vegetable oil, 30 g of vodka are added to the mixture and mixed thoroughly. The finished oil is rubbed into the right hypochondrium, wrapped in polyethylene and a warm cloth and left overnight.
Before using any folk prescription, you must definitely get permission from your doctor, otherwise serious complications are possible.
All about cervical neuralgia: features of the course of the disease and treatment methods.
Read how the Voltaren patch helps with back pain: instructions, indications and contraindications for the use of the drug.
Learn about myositis of the muscles of the chest: causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment methods.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Intercostal neuralgia on the right side is a rather insidious pathology, only an experienced specialist can determine its symptoms and the cause of its occurrence. When the characteristic symptoms of the disease appear, it is important to seek professional help as soon as possible and in no case self-medicate.
Is it possible to completely cure intercostal neuralgia
Intercostal neuralgia (dystonia) is an acute pain syndrome in the zone of innervation of the intercostal nerves. Men and women are prone to the disease with the same frequency. With age, the number of patients increases.
The etiology of the disease is different. Often intercostal dystonia is masked by symptoms of cardiac, gastrointestinal, pulmonary, and renal diseases, which complicates timely diagnosis and treatment, leading to complications. Due to the variety of symptoms, the treatment is carried out by a therapist, vertebrologist, neuropathologist, cardiologist, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, oncologist.
Causes of pathology
Intercostal neuralgia occurs due to the following reasons:
- infectious processes in the body;
- traumatic nerve damage in injuries of the spine and chest;
- nerve compression by the muscular apparatus of the chest and back, caused by exorbitant physical exertion, prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position, chronic vertebrogenic pain syndrome, malignant processes in the lungs and pleura, aortic aneurysm;
- irritation of the intercostal nerves due to diseases of the spine – osteochondrosis, spondylosis, intervertebral hernia, scoliosis;
- dysfunction of the costal vertebral joints due to their deformation (arthrosis, trauma);
- curvature of the spine, deformation of the chest;
- pathologies of the nervous system – polyradiculoneuritis, multiple sclerosis;
- intoxication with certain medicines, alcohol, salts of heavy metals, ionizing radiation;
- somatic and endocrine diseases, in particular, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) and diabetes;
- weakened immunity;
- group B hypovitaminosis, anemia;
- the use of tight underwear in women;
- intensive growth of the skeleton in children;
- age-related changes in the elderly.
According to the pathogenetic factor, 2 main forms of the disease are distinguished:
- radicular – due to irritation of the roots of the spinal cord, characterized by severe chest pain, similar to heart;
- reflex – caused by muscle tension in the intercostal spaces.
By the symmetry of the lesion, single and bilateral dystonia is distinguished. Bilateral intercostal neuralgia is often found against a background of herpes infection, radiation intoxication, immunodeficiency.
Depending on the localization, pain occurs:
- In the upper chest, around the clavicle, there is irradiation due to irritation or compression of the nerve roots in the lower parts of the spine. Algium is felt during torso, when turning the head, gives to the neck, arm, shoulder on the side of the lesion.
- Behind the sternum, between the shoulder blades is neuralgia of the thoracic spine.
- Between the shoulder blades, below the axillary fossa, the left side, the area of the nipples – scapular-costal dystonia. Algia can last a long time, be aching or short-term, stitching. It is felt when inhaling and exhaling.
- In the front of the chest – near the sternum, in the armpits. The pain is prolonged aching.
Based on the type of damaged nerve fibers, the symptoms of neuralgia are as follows:
- sensitive bunches – piercing pain;
- motor – shortness of breath (impaired motor functions of the muscles and diaphragm);
- autonomic – autonomic symptoms;
- mixed option.
One of the main signs of intercostal neuralgia is intercostal pain (thoracalgia), which has the following features:
- spreads along the intercostal space from the spine to the sternum;
- amplified by sudden movements, laughter, coughing, sneezing, turning the body, raising arms, touching the affected area;
- more often it has a paroxysmal burning, shooting character, “like a shock,” but it can also be aching;
- during an attack lasting several seconds – 2-3 minutes. the patient freezes, holds his breath on inhalation, tries to avoid any movements;
- the duration and intensity can vary, does not depend on the time of day (does not decrease at night);
- the patient is forced to be in a certain position to minimize range of motion;
- it radiates to different sites depending on localization – to the mammary gland, the region of the heart in women, at the level of the lower ribs on the left side, the scapular, epigastric region in men;
- it is girdle in nature if it is localized along 1-2 intercostal nerves;
- there is an increase in intensity as the disease progresses.
Other symptoms of intercostal neuralgia:
- sleep disturbance (insomnia);
- in children – convulsions, hyper excitability, speech disorders;
- muscle cramps and numbness at the site of the lesion;
- increased sweating;
- hyperemia or pallor of the skin in the affected area;
- paresthesia – a feeling of “creeping creeps”, “running electric current”;
- itching with herpetic etiology, then a rash in the intercostal space, appearing on the 2nd-4th day of pain. The rash is represented by pink spots that turn into vesicles that dry out over time. After vesicles, temporary pigmentation remains on the skin.
Diagnosis is based on complaints, medical history, objective examination of the patient. During the collection of an anamnesis, the doctor asks about past injuries, operations, the patient’s lifestyle, chronic diseases, takes into account age-related changes.
Read also on the topic
An objective examination determines the state of muscle tone, localization of pain, the degree of violation of sensitivity. If you suspect the presence of other pathologies, blurring the clinical picture, additionally apply:
- magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) – to exclude hernias, malignant processes, study the condition of muscles, ligaments, nerve tissues;
- myelography – the study of the roots of the spinal cord through the introduction of contrast medium into the spinal canal. Most informative when combined in CT;
- X-ray examination of the chest and spine – detection of traumatic, degenerative-dystrophic processes;
- electrospondylography – assesses the condition of the spine;
- electroneurography – reveals the consequences of injuries;
- electrocardiography – with similar symptoms with cardiovascular pathologies;
- ultrasound examination – the identification of inflammatory processes, diseases of internal organs;
- contrast discography of the spine, detecting changes in the intervertebral discs;
- gastroscopy – with a suspected history of gastrointestinal tract pathology;
- general analysis and stool culture – to identify the bacterial pathogen in infectious etiology;
- general and biochemical analysis of blood and urine – detection of diseases of internal organs;
- serological blood test – diagnosis of the state of the immune system, identification of viral pathogens.
It is often difficult to recognize intercostal neuralgia due to the similarity of manifestations with other diseases. It is necessary to diagnose intercostal neuralgia with:
- Cardiovascular disease. Thoracalgia often radiates to the left scapula, an area of the heart that resembles heart disease, in particular angina pectoris. Unlike the last pain in dystonia, they do not stop with the drugs of the nitroglycerin series, are aggravated by movements and palpation (with angina pectoris, the provocation of the algium is caused by physical exertion, an attack of a compressive nature). The diagnosis confirms the ECG.
- Thoracic radiculitis and intervertebral hernia – algia are episodic in the face of constant dull back pain. Decreased during night sleep. The diagnosis is confirmed by a thoracic spine RG with a suspicion of radiculitis, MRI of the spine with an alleged hernia.
- Gastrointestinal episodes of pain in which chest irradiation is possible. In diseases of the stomach (gastritis, ulcer), algias of lower intensity, longer. Pancreatitis is characterized by girdle pain, but it is always bilateral. With gastrointestinal tract disorders, pain is associated with food intake, which is the main difference from intercostal neuralgia. Gastroscopy, laboratory tests confirm the diagnosis.
- Renal colic – similar symptoms are observed with neuralgia of the lower ribs – cramping pains in the lumbar region, radiating to the leg, groin. Confirm the diagnosis by ultrasound.
- Pleurisy, atypical pneumonia, malignant tumors of the thoracic region – the diagnosis is based on data from RG, CT, MRI.
The treatment of intercostal neuralgia is complex and staged. Includes pathogenetic (etiotropic), aimed at eliminating the root cause and symptomatic therapy, stopping thoracalgia attacks, related symptoms. Types of treatment – medication, physiotherapy, physiotherapy, massage, manual therapy, traditional medicine.
The tactics of etiotropic therapy depend on the genesis of neuralgia. Pathogenetic treatment includes:
- antibiotics, antiviral – for infectious diseases;
- anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics, chondroprotectors, immunomodulators, physiotherapy, massage, exercise therapy, folk remedies – for diseases of the spine;
- detoxification therapy for drug, alcohol, radiation, chemical poisoning;
- therapy of somatic and endocrine diseases with drugs of the corresponding groups;
- vitamins, general strengthening, immunostimulants for hypovitaminosis and immunodeficiency states;
- surgical intervention for malignant processes in the body.
Intercostal neuralgia: recommendations of doctors for the treatment of chest neuralgia
Stock! 30% discount on all types of manual therapy.
A sudden attack can bring a person out of balance, scare and make you wary. The pain dissecting the chest “hits” hard, gives it to the lumbar region or stomach and returns to the heart. All this complements the feeling of lack of air, the inability to make a full breath. Among all the reasons for the development of this condition, the most probable is intercostal neuralgia, which in Greek means “pain along the nerves.”
What is intercostal neuralgia
The disease is always accompanied by pain that goes along the intercostal nerve. Its branches penetrate each gap between the ribs on both sides of the chest. The nerve structures of this area lie territorially down to the anterior abdominal wall. This is the main reason why sharp pain radiates to different parts of the body. She is often attributed to the symptoms of diseases of the lungs, heart, stomach, liver, and pancreas.
In case of damage to the sensitive nerve fibers, pain appears, motor – shortness of breath and breathing problems, vegetative – excessive sweating in the chest area. Experts say that the pain is so severe that it is often mistaken for a heart attack, stomach ulcer, or other serious pathology. The main differences:
- the doctor may feel for the source of pain;
- the discomfort is intense and lasts for hours (sometimes days).
Pathology manifests itself mainly in middle and older age. Until this moment, the disease practically does not occur.
Neuralgia on the left side of the thoracic region
Signs of the disease often appear on one side of the body, because of this, the attack is mistaken for a symptom of malfunctioning of any internal organ. With pain on the left, it is easy to confuse the pathology with a heart attack. With intercostal neuralgia, pain in the left chest is very strong. Sometimes they are supplemented by shortness of breath, which is very similar to heart.
The most severe pain can occur below the scapula, in the spinal column and in front of the chest. Unpleasant sensations are often very sharply given to the left shoulder and arm, shooting the limb to the very brush. Great discomfort pervades the body with simple breaths, a change in body position, with coughing and loud conversation.
It becomes a little easier when a person with intercostal neuralgia leans in the healthy (in this case, to the right) side. Such a turn of the torso allows you to reduce pressure on the nerve roots due to the expansion of intercostal spaces. When a neurologist conducts an examination, he may focus on areas with reduced sensitivity, redness of the skin, or pale skin.
Symptoms of this kind do not cause concern in patients, but they are taken into account by the doctor for differential diagnosis. The condition does not pose a danger to life, so therapy is carried out on an outpatient basis. In the absence of effect, a short hospitalization of the patient is possible.
Neuralgia on the right under the ribs
Right-sided pathology is less common. Pain in this area is usually not perceived as deadly, and therefore patients in most cases do not go to the doctors. This behavior does not cause approval among specialists, because discomfort can be quickly removed, it is not necessary to endure it for a long time.
In some situations, neuralgia can deprive a person of the ability to perform normal labor functions. It literally paralyzes the patient, depriving him of the ability to move normally. Pain symptoms often go along the intercostal space, as if encircling the body. The slightest overstrain can bring torment. When palpating, the pain increases, acquires a shooting character.
The treatment of the disease does not differ much from the treatment of left-sided intercostal neuralgia. Of the general recommendations – sleeping on a hard mattress, giving up large pillows, limiting exercise and all kinds of activity. Specialists prescribe corrective measures to relieve the acute stage and normalize well-being.
Symptoms of Chest Neuralgia
Intercostal neuralgia of the chest occurs due to irritation of the nerve branches of the department. You can recognize it by the following symptoms:
- pain in the side of the trunk or chest;
- enduring discomfort in the back, girdle pain lumbar to the chest;
- with pressure on the nerve provocateur, a pain symptom develops, it intensifies, grows stronger when turning, bending, coughing.
Additionally, numbness of the skin in the places of lumbago, muscle twitching, increased tone of muscle fibers, and vegetative disorders can be observed. As partial paralysis of the muscle corset develops in the chest, shortness of breath due to compression of the lungs may occur.
Diagnosis of breast neuralgia
First of all, at the appointment, the doctor collects the patient’s complaints, finds out the circumstances of the appearance of the symptoms of the disease. The specialist asks suggestive questions that help him identify:
- when the first symptoms of the disease appeared;
- how pain manifests itself, how long the attack lasts, what medications it relieves;
- whether the patient has a history of trauma and mechanical damage to the chest;
- were there not so long ago infectious diseases of the lungs.
In the office of the clinic, a neurological examination is performed with palpation of the affected area. To clarify the clinical picture, the patient is sent for tests. He is assigned a general blood test (KLA), which can show abnormalities and signs of inflammation in the body. Electrocardiography is also done to evaluate the electroactivity of the heart, which eliminates pathologies in the work of the heart muscle. To exclude diseases of the stomach and esophagus, fibrogastroduodenoscopy is performed.
Intercostal Neuralgia Treatment
During attacks, bed rest with placement on a hard surface, applying heat to the chest (heating pad), using warming ointments, taking medications with anesthetic effect is recommended. When the acute moment passes, the doctor may prescribe vitamin therapy with predominant consumption of B vitamins, acupuncture, medications against inflammation, pain. Hormone-containing anti-inflammatory formulas may also be recommended.
Painkillers such as Spazgan, Spazmalgon, non-steroidal pain medications such as Diclofenac, Ibuprofen and anticonvulsants will help relieve pain during an intercostal neuralgia attack. Antidepressants, muscle relaxants can be prescribed.
To blunt the discomfort, breathing exercises are performed. It is strictly forbidden to prescribe medication yourself. The patient needs a thorough examination under the supervision of a doctor. In the opposite case, taking pills and using ointments can give the exact opposite effect.
Physiotherapeutic techniques give a good effect, relieving discomfort and pain. Examples of effective therapy include microwave exposure through electromagnetic field energy and darsonvalization. The latter technique involves the use of a profile apparatus that allows you to work with high-frequency pulse currents.
- stimulates blood circulation in the treatment area;
- activates cellular metabolism;
- anesthetizes, relieves spasmodic attacks.
At the time of cramping, UV irradiation, UHF and UHF therapy showed itself well. Often, the patient is prescribed electrophoresis using an ice-cain supplement.
If intercostal neuralgia occurs against a background of spinal column diseases, therapeutic mud is prescribed in the form of applications for painful areas, paraffin therapy, and Sollux lamp radiation. By increasing the body temperature in the treated areas, the doctor expands the blood vessels, improves blood supply to tissues, strengthens metabolic processes.
Gentle manual exposure allows delicately treating painful parts of the body, restoring physiologically correct parameters of the location of internal organs and structures. As a result of the wizard:
- the vertebrae fall into place;
- muscle tone returns to normal;
- the effect of general healing is achieved.
An experienced specialist of the doctor’s clinic, Doctor Lenght quickly and accurately detects violations, immediately eliminates them, achieving restoration of normal health.