Inguinal hernia is a disease in which the internal organs of the abdominal cavity bulge under the skin in the area of the inguinal canal. According to statistics, this disease is more common in men due to the characteristics of the anatomy of the male body.
- Main symptoms
- What could be the consequences
- Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery in men
- Removal methods
- Rehabilitation period
- Folk remedies
- Goodbye visitor!
- Thanks for visiting us!
- Inguinal hernia treatment without surgery
- Inguinal bandage
- Exercise stress
- Physiotherapeutic methods
- Inguinal hernia – Symptoms – Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery
- Inguinal hernia – Symptoms of inguinal hernia in children and adults
- Treatment of inguinal hernia with folk remedies without surgery – how to treat an inguinal hernia according to HLS recipes
- Inguinal hernia – Symptoms – Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery 54 reviews
- Features of non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia in men
- Can an inguinal hernia be cured without surgery
- Operation is the only way out
- Supporting procedures and measures
- Features of choice
- Wearing rules
- Load Rules
- Complex of exercises
- Folk remedies
- Infusions and decoctions
- Prevention of complications
There are congenital and acquired forms of the disease. As a rule, congenital hernia is diagnosed in childhood. Men face this ailment most often with age, while the disease is too slow and does not allow itself to be recognized in the early stages.
Depending on the characteristics of the disease, there are direct, oblique and combined types of hernias. These varieties differ in the place of bulging hernia. Direct hernias appear exclusively in the inguinal canal. With oblique inguinal hernia, the contents of the intestine can sink into the scrotum and infringe on the seminal canal. The combined course of the disease is characterized by manifestations of bulges in several places simultaneously, both in the groin and in the scrotum.
Depending on the state of the hernia, distinguish between right and wrong. The correct prolapse of the peritoneum is easily adjusted manually. If the patient is in a prone position, she can disappear on her own. Sometimes the abdominal organs that fill the bulging part of the hernia are soldered with a hernial sac. In this case, the protruding section cannot be adjusted.
The disease may not appear for a long time visually. But if you are worried about discomfort in the groin when walking fast and exercising, consult your doctor.
This disease is most often found in men in adulthood. As a rule, weakening of muscles, tissues and ligaments of the inguinal region leads to it. The appearance of the disease may be the result of the following reasons:
- weight lifting (when practicing with a barbell in the gym, be sure to wear a special belt that will support the muscles of the abdominal cavity during exercise);
- obesity (rapid weight gain, like rapid weight loss, can lead to weakening of the muscles and tissues of the abdomen and groin);
- regular constipation;
- difficulty urinating.
In addition, a constant cough aggravates the course of the disease, during which the muscles of the abdominal cavity tighten.
The main symptom is a protrusion of the skin in the groin or scrotum – the appearance of a hernial sac. When lying down, it can decrease, but when a man stands or does physical exercises, the protrusion becomes larger.
This pathology can develop for a long time without visible signs. Even before a hernia can be detected visually, men have discomfort and pain in the groin, especially during fast walking, running, and intense physical labor.
It is characteristic that after visiting the toilet the hernia may decrease in size.
A more acute form of the disease – infringement of inguinal hernia – is manifested by very painful symptoms. The following should alert:
- Acute pain in the lower abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Feces with blood.
- Pain from trying to empty the intestines.
- The hernia became impossible to set in a supine position.
What could be the consequences
Since this disease is quite serious, at its first signs you need to see a doctor. The best treatment is surgery. If you do not have surgery, there can be serious consequences. They occur when the falling part of the peritoneum is infringed. This is an acute form of the course of the disease, which can even lead to death.
Less terrible consequences are constant pain in the groin, difficulties with bowel movements. And, most importantly, the likelihood that the hernia will constantly increase in size. The larger the size of the hernial sac, the more likely the occurrence of another disease – bowel obstruction. Since part of the intestine is located outside the abdominal cavity, this complicates the passage of feces and, in especially serious cases, makes it generally impossible. In order to return to all abdominal organs the ability to function normally, it is necessary to treat a hernia at the first symptoms of the disease.
The disease can go completely painless. But remember that serious consequences are possible if left untreated.
Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery in men
A disease of this kind is very difficult to cure without surgery. The only way to stop hernia growth without surgery is to wear a special bandage. This is a wide belt that provides additional support for the muscles and ligaments of the groin. The bandage is easy to hide under clothes.
Pros of its use: prevents the development of a hernia, excludes its infringement, eliminates all the symptoms of this disease. If for some medical reasons it is undesirable to have surgery, the doctor will definitely recommend the constant wearing of a bandage.
The disadvantage of this treatment for inguinal hernia is that after removing the bandage all the symptoms of the disease return. That is why the use of an additional belt is a temporary solution that will allow the disease not to worsen.
Along with wearing a bandage, it is necessary to strengthen the muscles of the abdominal cavity with a set of special exercises prescribed by your attending physician, since self-medication is more likely to damage the state of the hernia and provoke its increase.
The main method of treatment is surgery. Inguinal hernia can be removed using classical surgery or laparoscopy. In the first case, the surgeon makes an incision in the skin and tissues in place of the hernial sac, adjusts it and strengthens it with a special mesh that prevents repeated protrusion. The operation can take place under general anesthesia, and under local.
With laparoscopy, several holes are made in different areas of the abdomen and groin, with the help of which they perform the same manipulations as in the classical operation. The only difference is that less damage is done to the body: there is no incision in the tissues and skin, there is no suture, the body recovers faster after laparoscopy. But there is a chance of damage to blood vessels. The operation is carried out under general anesthesia.
After surgery to remove an inguinal hernia, the patient spends in the hospital from 2 to 10 days. It all depends on how dangerous the hernia was and how successful the operation was. A few days after the classical operation, it is necessary to regularly perform dressings, and after 10 days the stitches will be removed to the patient.
Painful sensations persist for another 5-7 days. Remember that the first days you need bed rest. After 2 months, you can do light exercises for the abdominal muscles.
It is important to know that people who have undergone an operation to remove an inguinal hernia are forbidden to lift more than 5 kilograms.
For the first time after surgery, a special diet is recommended. It is aimed at not loading the gastrointestinal tract. In the first days after surgery, you need to eat liquid foods: soups, broths, liquid cereals and mashed potatoes. In the first month of the postoperative period, exclude spicy foods, fatty meat, legumes, pastries, carbonated drinks from the diet. All of these foods can cause intestinal fermentation, bloating, or constipation.
There are folk recipes for treating this disease. But, before using them, be sure to consult your doctor.
- Rhubarb root In autumn, it is necessary to dig up the roots of rhubarb, rinse, dry and chop. Pour a glass of crushed roots into about 2 liters of water and put in the oven to simmer for 3-4 hours. Take a decoction instead of tea, compote regularly every day.
- Horsetail and hernia. Brew and drink these herbs regularly, like tea. It is important to remember that these herbs can not be mixed, so alternate the use as follows: drink field horsetail for a week, and hernias next week.
- Sea buckthorn oil. To some extent, this problem can be treated with oils, especially sea buckthorn oil. Gently rub it into the hernia several times a day. Do it carefully so as not to damage the protrusion.
- Animal fats. It is necessary to rub badger, pork or goat fat into the bulge. It is very convenient to put polyethylene on a sore spot after rubbing the medicine and put on a bandage.
- Baths with a decoction of celandine. Make a saturated decoction of celandine grass, pour it into the bath. Take such a bath for at least 20 minutes every day. The course of treatment is a month.
- Compresses Regularly apply compresses to the site of a hernia made of oak bark. Grind oak bark, leaves and acorns. Fill the resulting mixture with a 2/3 volume container, top up with red wine. Infuse the mixture for 3 weeks. Do compresses 2 times a day for 30 minutes.
- Sauerkraut compress is also used in the fight against inguinal hernia. For this purpose, gauze soaked in brine or leaves of sauerkraut is regularly applied every day to a sore spot.
This disease is difficult to cure with folk remedies. The only thing you will achieve with these recipes is the relief of pain. Remember that it is very important to seek qualified medical help in time to avoid the serious consequences of a launched hernia.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Thanks for visiting us!
Inguinal hernia treatment without surgery
Inguinal hernias account for 75% of all protrusions of the anterior abdominal wall, because this disease is well studied, as are the methods for its elimination. Surgery for hernia is not the only true option, and sometimes it is dangerous, especially for men, since there is a risk of damage to the spermatic cord. Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery includes wearing a bandage, physiotherapy, gymnastics, swimming and traditional medicine. The protrusion in newborns must be treated before the age of 6 years, then it can be corrected naturally. In adults, it is more difficult to cure inguinal pathology, and this takes from 2 weeks to several months.
Before treating inguinal protrusion, it is necessary to be examined to exclude complications and identify contraindications to individual methods, perhaps the conclusion will show only one way out in the operation. It is important to understand that conservative methods can only temporarily fix the defect, but the disease will not be excluded. A small hernia can fall into place, and the strengthening of the muscle wall will hold the organs in its anatomical place, but as soon as the stimulus in the form of a high load or injury is applied to the body, the defect will return.
Indications for non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia in adults:
• a slight defect in the groin area;
• age up to 7 years;
• contraindications for the operation;
• genitourinary tract infection.
Important! Specialists do not approve of non-surgical treatment of an inguinal defect, all methods are aimed at removing the symptomatic complex and maintaining the condition until the operation, as well as in the case of impossibility of radical removal.
A support belt for inguinal pathology is used for the duration of physical activity, when it is possible to straighten the hernia independently. There are children’s, men’s, women’s belts, as well as bandages for pregnant women. This device is used exclusively for the prevention of disease progression and organ impairment. It is recommended to wear such a belt to all patients with inguinal hernia, but as little as possible, since it leads to muscle weakness, which only exacerbates the disease.
Supportive bandages are very popular, but it is worth considering that this is only a preventive method with a minor defect, but it is impossible to cure hernia and there is a risk only to worsen the condition.
Among all methods of treating an inguinal defect without surgery, gymnastics is the most rational and effective way. Strengthening muscles, unlike other methods, allows you to maintain a hernia constantly without additional devices.
Doctors recommend the following types of physical activity:
1. Swimming in the pool: being in the water it is difficult to injure yourself and make the wrong dangerous movement, which will complicate the inguinal hernia, but the muscles will be constantly in good shape;
2. Walking and light running in a brace have a positive effect on the condition of the anterior abdominal wall;
3. Exercises on the abdominal muscles train oblique and rectus muscles, the weakness of which becomes the cause of the hernia, especially in men.
Therapeutic gymnastics is carried out for the first time under the supervision of a doctor, after studying all the features, you can continue classes at home.
Physical education helps to get rid of the main cause of the disease, and together with physiotherapy and medicines completely eliminates all clinical manifestations of inguinal hernia.
With inguinal hernia, complications such as infection or phlegmon may appear, in which case it is necessary to treat with a laser and UHF. Ultraviolet irradiation promotes tissue healing, which is also indicated after an operation on an inguinal hernia. With concomitant diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diadynamic therapy, inductothermy, mud and paraffin treatment can be performed to improve peristalsis.
Paraffin baths are recommended to be taken for a month along with ozokeritotherapy.
With any hernia, therapeutic massage is indicated, which positively affects blood circulation and prevents stagnation. With an inguinal defect, massage can be performed only by a specialist, acting on the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall. In young children under 5 years of age, it is possible to cure a hernia, using only massage and folk techniques.
An unconventional approach is used by patients to treat a hernia at the initial stage of formation in children. At home, you can prepare an ointment, a compress, do therapeutic baths.
An effective remedy for herbal medicine is a therapeutic ointment made from pork fat and chicken egg. To do this, boil water, melt 500 g of pork fat in it. Put the egg in a separate container and pour vinegar, adding fat to it. Leave the resulting mixture for a week in a dark, cool place. After 7 days, heat the fat and add two quail eggs to it. All this is brought down to a homogeneous mass and the resulting ointment is stored in the refrigerator. This ointment is rubbed into the affected area, and then covered with a bandage for 2 hours. Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery can also be carried out with an ointment prepared from the leaves of plantain, golden mustache, Indian onion.
Badger fat is also effective in the treatment of inguinal hernia, it penetrates the soft tissues and inhibits the pathological process, leading to normal muscle-ligamentous apparatus.
You can treat an inguinal defect with the following folk methods:
1. Compress from oak bark: pour 200 ml of water in a teaspoon of oak bark, insist on a steam bath for 15 minutes, then moisten gauze in a solution and apply to an inguinal hernia. This method helps to get rid of pain;
2. Compress of rye bread and wormwood helps to cure a hernia without complications, preventing relapse. It is necessary to grind bread, onions and mix them, then attach to an inguinal hernia;
3. Infusions of herbs are prepared in order to get rid of the general symptoms of the disease and strengthen the immune system. Herbal medicine can cure concomitant diseases of the genitourinary system.
Inguinal hernia – Symptoms – Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery
What is an inguinal hernia
Inguinal hernia is a disease in which bulging of internal organs (intestines, omentum, etc.) occurs through the inguinal canal under the skin
Inguinal hernias are much more common than other types. About 80% of all hernias are inguinal. In men, they are much more common than in women. This is due to the fact that the inguinal canal in men is wider, because the spermatic cord and vessels feeding the testicle pass through it.
Types and causes
Inguinal hernias are of the following types:
Congenital and acquired.
Congenital inguinal hernias in children are formed during the descent of the testicle from the abdominal cavity into the scrotum in boys (or the ovary in the pelvis in girls) during fetal development. By the time of birth, the peritoneal opening through which they descended is overgrown. If it is not overgrown at the time, then through this hole, following the testicle (ovary), internal organs can exit.
The cause of congenital inguinal hernia is the weakness of the abdominal wall and ligamentous apparatus, which is caused by heredity and an unfavorable course of pregnancy. Most often, they occur in premature and weakened children (five times more often than in full-term). 5% of newborns have a congenital inguinal hernia. In boys, it occurs 7 times more often than in girls. Often, cryptorchidism, undescended testicle, is combined with inguinal hernia in boys.
In contrast to umbilical hernia in children, congenital inguinal hernia does not pass by itself. The operation is performed at the age of 6-12 months.
Acquired inguinal hernias more often develop in men and arise due to weakness of the muscles and ligaments of the abdomen, which occurs with age, neglect of exercise, or due to hard physical work. Especially dangerous is the combination of these factors – with weakened muscles, sharply take up the hard work.
The following types of hernias also differ:
Oblique, straight and combined – the difference in them in the anatomical structure and the direction of bulging of the hernial sac.
Inguinal hernias are also divided into right and wrong (when the fallen internal organs are soldered with a hernial sac)
Injury of an inguinal hernia
– this is a squeezing of the hernial contents in the hernial gate. Damage can be caused by two reasons:
1) Sudden exit of a large number of viscera through the hernia gate into the hernial sac with an increase in intra-abdominal pressure. This can happen with physical exertion, weight lifting, a sharp cough.
2) Overflow of feces of the intestinal loop inside the hernial sac.
Injury of an inguinal hernia in men is much less common than in women
Symptoms of infringement of a hernia:
1. A sharp pain in the area of hernial protrusion
2. The invalidity of previously adjusted hernia
3. Vomiting, nausea, stool retention.
For these symptoms, call an ambulance
Inguinal hernia treatment
Treatment can only be operative. But folk remedies will help stop the development of hernia, to avoid the serious consequences of this disease.
Prevention of inguinal hernia in men and women
1. Wearing a bandage during pregnancy, in old age;
2. Abdominal muscle training;
3. Normalization of weight;
4. Normalization of the intestines
Inguinal hernia – Symptoms of inguinal hernia in children and adults
Symptoms of congenital inguinal hernia in children
In the inguinal region, swelling is noticeable. When screaming, straining the child into a swelling, it turns into a painless protrusion, which disappears or decreases in the supine position.
The contents of such a hernia in children are usually loops of the small intestine; in girls, the ovary and fallopian tubes are sometimes released into the inguinal canal.
Symptoms of inguinal hernia in men and women
Symptoms of a hernia depend on its size and content.
1. With a hernia in the inguinal region, a protrusion appears, increasing with straining and coughing. In men, with an oblique hernia, its contents can sink into the scrotum, which makes the scrotum on one side increase, in women, into the labia majora. Over time, the hernia will continue to grow, more and more organs will sink into it: small intestine, omentum, cecum, bladder, sigmoid colon, internal female genital organs. There are cases when, with oblique inguinal hernia in men, the scrotum descended to the knees.
2. Inconvenience when walking
3. Violation of the stool and urination
4. Sometimes the symptom can be pain. The pain is localized in the area of hernial protrusion, but can spread to the lower back or to the genitals. After exercise, the pain intensifies. With a hernia in women, if the fallopian tubes and ovary get into it, the pain is especially severe, and intensifies during menstruation.
Early symptoms of inguinal hernia
One of the following symptoms can indicate the appearance of an inguinal hernia:
1. In the groin area, a lump may sometimes appear and disappear
2. When coughing, lumps may appear in the groin area
3. Unreasonable pain in the groin, burning
4. Pain in the groin, aggravated by physical exertion, cough.
Treatment of inguinal hernia with folk remedies without surgery – how to treat an inguinal hernia according to HLS recipes
The man had an inguinal hernia. The following exercises helped to improve the condition:
1. Lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees, hands behind your head, palms on the back of the head. Raise the left knee and reach for it with the elbow of the right hand. Return to and. n. Then raise the right knee and reach for it with the elbow of the left hand. And so 50 times. 2 times a day.
2. To pedal, lying on your back.
4. Lateral circular movements with each leg, while holding a hernia.
The following folk remedy helps: put a five-copeck coin on the hernia until 1961 and fix it with adhesive tape. Instead of a coin, you can take a copper plate (HLS 2002, No. 17, p. 19)
How to treat an inguinal hernia with pickled cabbage brine
An inguinal hernia is well treated with an acid cabbage leaf – it must be constantly applied to the site of bulging hernia. In this folk remedy, the application of cabbage leaf can be replaced with compresses with pickled cabbage brine (HLS 2003, No. 3, p. 12)
Compresses for the treatment of folk remedies
In the treatment of hernia, daily washing of the hernial protrusion with a cold solution of water with vinegar will help (for 1 tbsp of water 1–2 tbsp. 4% vinegar). After vinegar washing, make a warm compress of oak infusion for 30 minutes. For infusion, grind acorns, bark, oak leaves, fill them with a jar for 2/3 of the volume, pour red wine to the top, leave for 21 days.
It is advisable to alternate oak compresses with poultices from hernia grass: steam the grass and apply it to the area of the inguinal hernia. These folk remedies will stop the growth of hernia, help to avoid complications. (HLS 2009, No. 13, p. 15)
Herbs for the treatment of inguinal hernia with folk remedies and methods
It is advisable to combine the above external treatment with the use of infusions of herbs that have a beneficial effect on strengthening the ligaments and connective tissue in the body.
Treatment with cornflower flowers. 3 tsp pour 0,5 liters of flowers. boiling water, insist, drink the infusion during the day in 3-4 doses before meals.
Bone leaf treatment. 1 tbsp. l pour 1 cup of boiling water over the flowers, insist 3-4 hours, drink the infusion in sips throughout the day.
Treatment of a hernia with gooseberry leaves. 4 tsp pour 0,5 liters of leaves. boiling water, insist 2 hours, drink half a glass 4 times a day before meals
Treatment of meadowsweet. 1 tsp pour herbs in 1 cup boiling water, insist 2 hours, drink infusion 1/4 cup 4 times a day before meals.
(HLS 2009, No. 13, p. 15)
Alternative treatment for inguinal hernia with larch bark
Hot infusions from the young bark of larch treat a hernia, adenoma of the prostate and tumor.
5 tbsp. l crushed crust pour 3 cups boiling water, insist night in a thermos. Then strain and drink 1/4 cup 4 times a day 30-40 minutes before eating. One course of treatment is 15 days, then take a 7 day break, and a new course. All treatment should last 2-6 months.
With the same infusion, a hernia is treated externally – compresses are made of hot infusion 1-2 times a day (HLS 20010 No. 7, p. 37)
Other methods for treating inguinal hernia in men and women without surgery:
In folk treatment, the following are also used:
1. Infusion of immortelle or horsetail – drink 2-3 glasses a day
2. Strong infusions of wormwood on water or wine – apply in the form of compresses
3. Grind the garlic with rye bread and make a compress.
Inguinal hernia – Symptoms – Treatment of inguinal hernia without surgery 54 reviews
I have had an inguinal hernia for 5 years. I try not to lift weights, or if necessary I substitute my leg to pinch the exit site of the hernia.
In moments of exacerbation, I try to refuel organs in place. What is best done in the morning on an empty stomach after visiting the toilet. Lie on your back, relax, lightly massage fat tissue and organs into place. Wear a hernia belt during the day, wear before eating in the morning.
I think that the cause of the hernia is mainly the presence of a large abdomen. Since in fat people, the pressure of internal organs and fat outward is much higher than in thin ones. I recommend losing weight, eating small meals more often. In thin people, a hernia is very rare.
And where is there anything to prevent inguinal hernia?
Yes, it seems, as a separate paragraph, it was stated: “Prevention of inguinal hernia”: to strengthen muscles, not to get fat, not to clog the intestines, not to lift the severity, to wear a bandage to prevent the disease progression and during pregnancy. And in the comments – continuous prevention.
I don’t know if Karim is right that mostly fat people get sick. That would be written here comments slender people, but suffering from inguinal hernia.
I know one woman with an inguinal hernia, she is 75 years old, and she is congenital. That’s 75 years old and toiled. And recently there was an infringement and was urgently taken away for an operation. We should ask how she feels herself, is it better for her to live after the operation. And why am I writing all this? I remembered: the old woman is quite slender, without excess weight, but her hernia is congenital, not acquired. Maybe really only fat people manage to get it
No prevention and treatment will help, only surgery. I tried to treat for 8 years, but still they cut it out.
Yes, folk remedies for the treatment of inguinal hernia cannot cure it, they can only stop the process of its growth. And so, if you do nothing, you can grow it to a huge size
Or maybe after all someone managed to cure a hernia or turn the process back. That would have responded .
When treating inguinal hernia without surgery, a soft supportive inguinal bandage allowed Roy to resume intense athletic training. The condition of his inguinal hernia did not worsen and the hernia even began to disappear without surgery.
This is the story of an athlete who reduced hernia in 6 months. It should be noted that he had it small, but still worrying.
Tell me specific exercises to strengthen the abdominal muscles after surgery.
Features of non-surgical treatment of inguinal hernia in men
Inguinal hernia is characterized by prolapse of internal organs beyond the abdominal cavity. Outwardly, this manifests itself in the form of a bulging cone. Such a pathology occurs at any age and does not depend on gender. Nevertheless, men of mature age are more likely to be at risk.
The disease in 99% of cases is treatable, mainly surgical. The exception is a number of somatic pathologies, due to which the operation becomes impossible.
Photo 1. Surgery is the most reliable way to treat an inguinal hernia. Source: Flickr (Omar González).
Can an inguinal hernia be cured without surgery
The disease progresses slowly over several years. In the absence of therapeutic measures and the presence of provoking factors, it takes on a (neglected) form.
The protrusion of the peritoneum into the inguinal canal in men is accompanied by moral discomfort and a number of painful symptoms:
- difficulty urinating and defecating;
- violation of potency;
- pain radiating to the lower back and genitals;
- burning in the groin;
- a feeling of full belly;
- discomfort during movement and physical exertion.
In the presence of such symptoms, therapy is carried out only surgically.
When the pathology does not cause tangible discomfort, non-surgical treatment is possible, but, as a rule, only at the initial stage of the disease.
Note! Non-surgical methods are effective only as an auxiliary measure, to prevent the further development of pathology. Completely solve the problem can only be through surgery.
Operation is the only way out
Surgery is a classic therapeutic approach. The advantage of the surgical method is based on 100 years of medical practice. Experienced surgeons adjust the precipitated organ at any stage of the disease using open or endoscopic methods.
Note! The operation of hernia repair in 97-100% of cases gives a guarantee of the complete elimination of the hernial sac.
The risk of re-development of the disease remains, but preventive measures and adjuvant therapy in the postoperative period minimize it.
While the rejection of surgical intervention at an advanced stage entails the development of complications: intestinal obstruction, inflammatory processes in the groin, the development of malignant neoplasms.
When deciding on an operation, the patient needs to understand that the pathological expansion of the inguinal canal cannot be eliminated with the help of exercise therapy or taking medications, a serious approach is required here.
Supporting procedures and measures
The initial stage of development, the presence of somatic diseases, the postoperative period or the refusal of surgical treatment implies the use of supporting measures in the treatment of inguinal hernia in men.
The supporting course at the initial stage of the disease includes:
- wearing a special bandage;
- Exercise therapy;
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- sparing physical activity;
- the use of medications;
- traditional medicine methods.
Often the bandage belt is worn in the pre- and postoperative period, as well as during physical exertion. This prevents the protrusion of the peritoneal organs. At the same time, they are not recommended to continuously apply it, in order to avoid weakening of the abs muscles.
Features of choice
Frequent wearing of the bandage requires a careful approach to the selection, which takes into account the following points:
- size matching;
- comfortable material and ease of maintenance (washing and cleaning the product);
- product characteristics – one-sided or two-sided, depending on the location and severity of the pathology.
Put on the product in a lying position. This will help to avoid protrusion and will make it possible to correct the fallen organ. They also monitor the correct position of the retaining plates, they should be located directly on the problem spot.
In those cases when wearing a bandage provokes pain, you need to remove and put it on again, trying to position the product in the most comfortable position. If such manipulations do not help, you should refuse the product and seek the advice of a doctor.
Stimulation of muscle tone through a simple set of exercises reduces the risk of a recurrence of pathology, and is also a preventive measure in its formation. Therapeutic gymnastics is recognized as the best method in the treatment of the disease.
The gymnastics complex is prescribed by the attending physician.
The goal of gymnastics is to strengthen the ligamentous-muscular apparatus in the abdomen, which increases the mobility of the diaphragm.
Classes begin with exercises that have a minimal load on the damaged area.
Exercises are performed in a sitting or lying position, while focusing on the sensations.
Note! If pain or discomfort in the groin occurs during physiotherapy, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Complex of exercises
The primary task before exercise therapy is normalization of breathing. The complex is performed three times a day: in the morning half an hour before a meal, at lunch and in the evening half an hour after a meal.
The following exercises are included in the standard set of exercises:
- “Scissors” and “Bicycle” in a horizontal position;
- retraction and protrusion of the abdomen with a load (bag of sand, weighing 1 kg) in a prone position;
- raising the pelvis in a prone position and sitting on a chair;
- lifting the ball with legs from a horizontal position;
- performing bends to socks while sitting on a chair;
- sitting on a chair raise their knees to the torso.
Note! Gymnastics gives an effect only in case of regular implementation and strict observance of all medical recommendations.
Also, positive dynamics in the treatment of hernial protrusion give: moderate aerobics, swimming, easy running. During classes, you must not forget to wear a bandage belt.
Traditional medicine is used as an adjunct therapy to relieve inflammatory processes and pain.
Compresses are prepared on the basis of decoctions: bones, wormwood, oak bark, aloe, nettle, hernia, horsetail.
The principle of preparation of such decoctions is simple: 2-3 tablespoons of dry grass are poured with a glass of boiling water, insisted for half an hour and cooled to room temperature.
Apply a napkin moistened in broth to the problem place, fix it with a patch or bandage and leave such a compress for the night.
Positive feedback in hernia therapy also received a compress with pickled cabbage brine and cabbage leaf.
Infusions and decoctions
The use of infusions and decoctions of herbs (meadowsweet, larch, clover, larkspur, cornflower) is aimed at relieving pain and inflammation.
Decoctions are prepared at the rate of 1-2 tablespoons per 1 cup of boiling water. Take them 3 times a day in the amount of 10-50 g.
In medical practice, homemade ointments based on badger and pork fat are often used:
- For a pound of pork fat take a chicken egg and 100 g of vinegar, all components are mixed and removed for 5-7 days. After the specified time, the mixture is taken out and 10-15 g of badger fat and 2 quail eggs are added to it. Ointment is used twice a day.
- 50 g of golden mustache, plantain and Indian onion are added to a pound of pork fat. The mixture is beaten to a homogeneous mass and used once a day.
Before using any remedy, you need to consult a doctor.
Prevention of complications
For the prevention of inguinal hernia, a set of rules is provided. It includes:
- adherence to a diet whose menu is enriched with plant fiber content;
- normalization of weight;
- providing normal stools to avoid an increase in intra-abdominal pressure;
- moderate physical activity (maximum weight of weights – no more than 5 kg);
- physical activity.