Many patients consider physical education for the foot, as an insignificant method of treatment. And in vain. Movement activity with arthrosis is the key to getting rid of pain and improving well-being. This is especially important in the early stages of the disease.
The foot bends and unbends due to the muscles. Special physical exercises help strengthen their tone, elasticity. Strong muscles at the same time make the joints work harder, which makes them resistant to high loads.
As a result, exercise therapy leads to:
- Reduce stiffness while walking.
- Increased blood supply to tissues.
- Slow down the course of the disease or stop completely.
- Improving the quality of life.
- Who can and who should not exercise therapy
- Do no harm or exercise properly
- Complex of exercises
- Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
- Gymnastic exercises at the initial stage of the disease
- The tasks of gymnastics at different stages of the disease
- Recommendations for the implementation of exercise therapy
- Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
- The nature and causes of the disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of ailment
- Rules for the implementation of exercise therapy
- Tasks of exercise therapy at various stages of arthrosis
- Ankle Exercises
- Exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
- The benefits of gymnastics
- Goals and objectives
- Indications for physical therapy
- General rules
- Exercise therapy for arthrosis of the ankle joint, a set of exercises
- The benefits of healing exercises for joints
- A set of exercises in a sitting position
- Standing exercises
- Gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky
- What exercises to do with arthrosis of the ankle joint
- The subtleties of performing therapeutic exercises
- Results after doing exercises with ankle arthrosis
- A set of exercises for ankle arthrosis
- What exercises help to overcome exacerbation
Who can and who should not exercise therapy
There is a category of especially diligent patients. Such people zealously clutch at the gym, performing them on the principle – the more the better. As a result of such zeal, they do not help themselves, but only exacerbate the problem. In the end, they come to complete disappointment and apathy. Exercise therapy is really very effective in arthrosis. However, you need to deal very carefully and not everyone. Ankle should not be loaded:
- During an exacerbation of arthrosis.
- In the late stages of the disease, with severe deformation of the foot.
- If physical education causes pain.
- In the presence of intervertebral hernia, menisci and other complications.
- If arthritis has joined.
- With diseases of the cardiovascular and circulatory system.
Do no harm or exercise properly
At first glance, gymnastics with ankle arthrosis seems very simple. In fact, there are many nuances. At first, it’s best to train under the supervision of a doctor to develop the right skills.
Classes should be regular, long (about an hour), sedate, long. Every day, slowly but surely, one must move towards the goal. Without crashing. Physical education should be commonplace, such as washing in the morning or eating. It must always be dealt with, until the end of life.
Complex of exercises
It can be divided into 4 categories:
It is in this sequence that we begin to perform.
- No. 1 Fan. In a sitting position. Legs at right angles. We open our fingers with a fan on our feet and collect them again. Not sharply, as already mentioned.
- No. 2 Chicks. In the same position. Raise and lower the socks, as if we were going to tiptoe.
- No. 3 Walking. Sitting, imitate walking – roll the foot from heel to toe.
- No. 4 Ballerina. We sit on the floor, stretch our legs. We pull the feet on ourselves and, like a ballerina, on ourselves. We connect circular motions. Twist the legs first in one direction, then in the other. The same can be done while standing. You only need to twist without lifting your sock off the floor.
More complex elements:
- No. 1 Squats. We fall without taking our legs off the floor. Knees do not go beyond the line of socks.
- No. 2 Pendulum. Standing on one leg, swing the other, like a pendulum, from side to side.
- No. 3 High step. Alternately we take forward the leg bent at the knee. As if stepping over something.
Kind with healthy:
- No. 1 Grasp. We scatter objects on the floor – pens, small toys, etc. Trying to grab them with your toes and hold.
- No. 2 Bicycle. The best invention for joints. The pedals spin, including due to the work of the feet. In this case, there is no impact on the surface, as when running. An analogue can be an elliptical trainer.
Any sick person feels inferior. The psychological attitude is very important here. So that daily physical education does not become boring and annoying, try turning it into entertainment. Play with your feet – do the elements one at a time or simultaneously. Do gymnastics with pleasant music or an interesting movie.
Collect your achievements, share them with others – in social networks, blogs. This will strengthen discipline and self-confidence. Then everything will work out for sure.
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
Arthrosis of the ankle joint has expanded the negative impact on people from all over the world. The main reasons for the spread are:
- Nation aging;
- Sedentary lifestyle;
One of the main components in the treatment of arthrosis is therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the ankle joint.
Gymnastic exercises at the initial stage of the disease
With arthrosis, movements are constrained, in order to return mobility to normal, it is necessary to perform an exercise therapy complex. For this, daily visits to physical therapy rooms in medical institutions are optional; exercises can be performed at home.
A patient suffering from arthrosis of the ankle joint tries, most likely, to get rid of it under any circumstances. Physical therapy classes are unnecessary, uninteresting. Therefore, he tries to find, perform more complex exercises. Such an approach to treatment is risky, muscles need to be slowly prepared for increasing loads.
In order for gymnastics to bring positive results, it is necessary:
- Train with simple exercises
- Introduce gradually exercises with a greater load;
- Keeping order in performing gymnastics (from simple to complex loads);
- Monitor the norm of the load based on the stage of the disease;
- Regular exercise.
During gymnastics, it is worth listening to the body. If the pain in the joint intensifies, the general condition worsens, you should immediately stop exercising. There are no clear distinctions in the number of exercises performed, there are certain recommendations. Therapeutic gymnastics for each patient is selected individually, based on the severity of the disease, the endurance of the body, and well-being.
After performing several exercises, it is worthwhile to take a few minutes to rest, so that the pulse returns to normal, normal blood circulation is restored.
A positive aspect in the complex of exercise therapy is the complete absence of monetary investments in drugs and equipment. The main task is to be patient, fully undergo a course of treatment.
The tasks of gymnastics at different stages of the disease
During an exacerbation of pain in the ankle joint, exercise is contraindicated. For several days, the joint should be in a calm state, classes can resume only within 3-4 days. The main tasks in this period are:
- Improved blood circulation;
- Elimination of muscle spasm;
- Normalization of the functional characteristics of the body.
With arthrosis in the ankle joint exercises are performed in a supine position. It is necessary to perform flexion, extensor movements. For example, you can place a small dense pillow under the knee, gradually increase its size. The ankle is mainly developed in a sitting position, lowering the leg in warm water. To increase the joint space, you can use the load, which is fixed on the limbs, stretches them along the axis.
The tasks of gymnastic exercises in arthrosis at the remission stage:
- Restoring the mobility of a diseased joint;
- Strengthening the stamina of the body with the achieved results;
- Increased joint stability
- Improving overall well-being.
In such cases of the development of the disease, exercises consist of many options (classes with objects, without objects, using the wall for gymnastics). It’s good to go swimming.
The list of exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
- The exercise is performed while sitting. In turn, pushing with your fingers off the floor, heel;
- Toes are located on the floor, the heel is raised, rotates in a circle;
- Rotate the foot in a circle;
- In a supine position, keep your legs together, straight, pulling your feet on yourself;
The number of exercises per day varies – 5-8 times. The breathing is even, without shortness of breath.
Exercises for feet with exacerbation of the disease:
- The task is performed in a sitting position with outstretched legs. Pull on the socks for about 15 seconds. With rest breaks, repeat the exercise 10 times.
- In the same position, turn the foot inward, then outward;
- In a sitting position, raise one leg: we perform in a relaxed state, moving the foot up and down (pendulum movement);
Exercises for the feet during its recovery:
- In any position, roll from heel to toe;
- Standing, stand on tiptoe, go down;
- Walk a few seconds on toes;
- Sitting, grab your toes with your hands, pull the foot towards you;
- Sitting on the floor, we rotate the foot clockwise, counterclockwise, we tilt to the side, bend in its direction;
- Lying, stretched legs, gradually turning the feet away from you, towards yourself. Perform exercises in a relaxed state.
The load for arthrosis of the ankle joint should not fall on the pain area. Otherwise, there will be problems with spasms in the muscles, overexcitation of the nervous system. Immediate cessation of exercise will be ongoing pain.
Recommendations for the implementation of exercise therapy
- Do not accelerate events. Gradually increase the load on the joint.
- Physical education in the pool, equipment that helps the joint to relax, stretch it in the right direction have characterized themselves as a positive outcome.
- It is worth doing the exercises, given the periods of exacerbation of the disease (inflammatory process, increased pain). In such cases, it is worth reducing the intensity of the exercises.
- It is not recommended to use a set of exercises for ankle arthrosis for women during the menstrual cycle, people with high arterial, intracranial pressure.
- Exercise should be canceled with an increase in body temperature, in the postoperative period, during the inflammatory process in the body in connection with the development of severe pathologies.
Therapeutic gymnastics is considered effective if the patient has an improvement in well-being, an almost complete absence of pain, and joint mobility increases. Successful treatment for arthrosis of the joint depends on the patient’s desire to normalize, follow the doctor’s recommendations. If the previous symptoms of the disease occur, you should not self-medicate, it is necessary to consult a doctor with a problem.
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
Arthrosis is a serious disease characterized by the development of a destructive process in the cartilage of the joint. Quite often, the disease affects the ankle zone, and in the absence of adequate therapy can cause the complete disappearance of cartilage and immobilization of the joint.
It is important to seek the help of a doctor in a timely manner, who will prescribe a comprehensive treatment. In addition to the use of medicines, therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint are particularly effective.
The nature and causes of the disease
With arthrosis of the ankle joint, thinning of the cartilage tissue occurs, in especially severe cases, it is completely abraded. Along with the progression of the disease, intense pain appears, due to which the patient consciously or because of the inability to move the leg normally limits his movement. The result is even greater joint deformation.
Osteoarthritis most often affects the elderly, but often the disease is diagnosed in young people. The development of pathology can occur for various reasons:
- changes caused by the age of the patient;
- genetic predisposition;
- metabolic disorders;
- impaired blood circulation;
- constant excessive load exerted on the legs;
Arthrosis brings a lot of discomfort. Most often, the patient is disturbed by pain, which at first is invisible and occurs only when walking and running. Together with the overflowing of the disease to a more severe stage, the pain intensifies, it begins to appear even in a calm state. There is a feeling of stiffness, and over time – a deformation of the position of the foot. All this interferes with physical activity, normal movement and markedly affects the quality of life of the patient.
Diagnosis and treatment of ailment
During a visit to the doctor, the orthopedist (or surgeon) will take a medical history, examine the presence of hereditary diseases and injuries suffered in childhood. A considerable role during the diagnosis is played by the patient’s complaints, a description of the nature of the pain sensations of their duration.
To confirm the diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe an x-ray, sometimes an MRI, ultrasound scan, blood test is required, which will help identify the presence of an inflammatory process.
After a thorough study of the research results, the specialist will prescribe treatment, the main role in which is taking medication.
However, due to the specificity of the disease, therapy should be comprehensive: an exclusively medicinal approach to treatment may not have a positive effect if the patient does not change the diet and begins to engage in therapeutic exercises.
Despite the fact that movements with arthrosis cause difficulties, exercise therapy is necessary. Gymnastics enhances the positive effects of therapeutic methods. The advantage is that you can perform special exercises at home on your own, consulting with your doctor before doing this.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
Rules for the implementation of exercise therapy
Before you begin to engage in physical therapy, you must study the following rules:
- You can not do gymnastics when the disease is in the acute stage, especially if an arthrosis inflammatory process has begun and ankle edema has manifested. You can begin to perform exercises after completing a course of taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
- It is worth abandoning >
Important! The set of exercises should be individually taken for each person, taking into account the characteristics of the course of the disease, the level of endurance and well-being.
Tasks of exercise therapy at various stages of arthrosis
Physiotherapy exercises at different stages of arthrosis should have different tasks. So, during the period of exacerbation, you can not experience physical exertion, so the patient should remain calm for 3 to 4 days.
After this period, you can begin to exercise exercises, which should correspond to such tasks:
- improve blood flow;
- relieve muscle cramps;
- normalize the body.
At the remission stage, gymnastics has the following tasks:
- restoration of articular mobility;
- improvement of well-being;
- increased body stamina;
- improving joint stability.
Most often, doctors advise when performing arthrosis of the ankle joint to perform such exercises:
- With the help of hands you need to set in motion the ankle in the ankle area. It is necessary to slowly tilt the foot from one side to the other. Sharp movements should be avoided, a person should not feel discomfort.
- Rotate the ankle against the clock and vice versa.
- In the sitting position, you need to cross your legs in the ankle zone and rise on your toes, and then lower your foot to the floor.
- Crouching on a chair, you need to perform movements with your toes, trying to crush the imaginary fabric.
- Sitting, you should twist your fingers in the inner side of the foot.
- Feet are on the floor, heels are together, socks apart. It should gradually rise and then lower. The exercise is performed in a sitting position.
- You need to walk on the pyramidal steppe.
- Place your feet on a low bottle or stick, and then roll back and forth.
- Stop exercise “bike”.
- Standing, you need to perform shallow squats. Care must be taken so that the feet do not come off the floor.
- A small step is required, similar to the height of the foot. Fingers should be on the step, the heel on the floor, lowering and raising the foot is performed.
- Standing opposite the wall, you should fix the legs (feet should be together). The hull smoothly needs to approach the wall, and then return to its original position.
- Crouching, the feet should be raised up and lowered down.
- Lie on your back, bend your legs at the knees. Leaning slightly with your heels on the floor, you should bend and unbend your legs.
- Crouching on a low chair, you need to simulate the process of walking in a sitting position, while you need to take turns to raise your socks and heels.
- Lie down on your back, legs straight. Pull the socks on yourself, then away from you.
- The feet are placed together, the thumbs to the maximum possible distance are taken away from each other, then approach.
Important! Of particular benefit to the ankle joint are exercises performed in water: this way the leg is not overloaded when doing gymnastics.
Exercise therapy is considered effective if the patient’s well-being begins to improve, pain is absent, and joint mobility increases.
Treatment of arthrosis with gymnastics, in comparison with other therapeutic methods, does not require material costs. To forever forget about problems with the ankle joint, it is enough to have willpower and some free time.
Exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint
Damage to the lower leg is accompanied by a long recovery period. Instructors develop exercises for the ankle joint for arthrosis to relieve seizures and improve treatment outcomes. Physical education is developed individually for each patient, you can train at home.
The benefits of gymnastics
Classes strengthen the musculoskeletal and cardiovascular systems of the body, relieves pain. Without systematic training, progress in treatment cannot be achieved. But you should reduce the load or stop the lesson if there is pain during the exercise. In such a situation, a doctor’s consultation is required, which will correct the exercise therapy complex.
Daily exercises are a prerequisite for a positive effect in strengthening damaged joints and periarticular tissues. The patient’s determination is important, but the load is increased gradually. The exercises are aimed at training the muscles of the ankle joint, increasing the elasticity of the tendon. The movements are performed smoothly, without tension and with a gradual increase in the time of occupation. Ankle charging is necessary to restore joint mobility and strengthen.
Exercise therapy for ankle arthrosis does not require material investment. Success depends on the patient’s willpower.
Goals and objectives
To alleviate the symptoms of pathology, you should adhere to the recommendations of a doctor. At various stages of arthrosis, therapeutic exercises have different goals. You can not perform gymnastics during periods of exacerbation. After 3-4 days of rest, you should perform exercises that pursue the following goals:
- elimination of muscle spasm,
- improved blood flow
- renewal of the functional features of the foot.
When the bouts of pain recede, the tasks of exercise therapy include:
- restoration of joint stability,
- resumption of mobility of the connection,
- increased stamina
- improving the well-being of the patient.
Indications for physical therapy
If patients experience discomfort when walking, their movements are constrained and careful, often use a cane to facilitate movement, an individual set of exercises will help alleviate the condition. Without proper treatment, the patient faces disability against the background of loss of mobility of the lower extremities, therefore, when symptoms of arthrosis appear, a medical examination should be performed to determine the stage of the disease.
Exercise therapy is indicated for various types of arthrosis of the ankle joint, including post-traumatic and deforming. Exercise is prescribed in the initial stages of the disease. However, in advanced form, gymnastics can cause pain. Therefore, patients are allowed to perform certain types of exercises after approval by a doctor.
Patients, ignoring the doctor’s prescriptions, skip the warm-up phase and move on to the complex elements. By this they aggravate their condition and the effect of the treatment is reduced to zero. Following the rules of exercise therapy, promotes a quick recovery:
- To start a lesson is to warm up.
- Complicating gymnastics is possible only after consulting with an instructor.
- Exercises for arthrosis of the lower extremities are allowed after treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs.
- It is forb >
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint are developed by the doctor in each individual case and includes a set of techniques aimed at restoring the mobile connection, strengthening muscles and increasing the elasticity of ligaments. In case of difficulty in leg movement, you need to help yourself with your hands. The training includes the following exercises:
- foot rolls from heel to toe,
- getting on tiptoe
- walking on toes,
- stretching the foot
- bending and bending,
- foot rotation in different directions,
- exercises with the ball.
During the acute period of the course of the disease, along with taking medications, it is necessary to perform a simple warm-up to maintain muscle tone. When developing techniques at this stage, instructors turn to the method of Professor Popov. When choosing the intensity of the load, the doctor takes into account the degree of development of the disease. Activities include extension and flexion of the extremity, elongation of the toe and elevated ankle turns.
Exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint are performed calmly, with a minimum amplitude, without tension and shortness of breath. Otherwise, the muscles suffer from spasms, the body experiences a nervous excitement. For pain during training, you should consult a doctor to change the program of classes. Incorrectly performed exercises lead to loss of mobility of the lower extremities.
Exercise therapy for arthrosis of the ankle joint, a set of exercises
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the ankle joint is necessarily included in the therapeutic program. Competent training prevents the progression of the disease, contributes to long periods of remission. Simple exercises are designed for independent implementation at home. Their effectiveness and safety is largely determined by the correct implementation.
The benefits of healing exercises for joints
The ankle joint is one of the most vulnerable areas of the human musculoskeletal system. He is subjected to physical activity every day when walking, running, sports. Arthrosis causes its functional impairment, limits mobility. Despite the difficulties with motor activity, gymnastics for the ankle with arthrosis is necessary. It has a therapeutic effect:
- improvement of the blood circulation in the affected area;
- elimination of muscle spasm, numbness as a result of stagnation of blood;
- increased muscle tone, elasticity of ligaments and tendons;
- strengthening the musculoskeletal system;
- improvement of mobility, motor ability of the joint.
Therapeutic exercises are often included in the complex treatment of ankle arthrosis. In combination with massage, physiotherapeutic procedures and drug treatment, it is possible to permanently stop the progression of the disease. Improving physical education enhances the therapeutic effect of drugs used in arthrosis.
The therapeutic benefits of recreational gymnastics are noticeable at any stage of ankle osteoarthritis. To obtain a lasting result, systematic and regular training is required.
Exercises for arthrosis of the ankle joint require a serious attitude and proper execution. Compliance with certain rules allows you to avoid complications, to achieve a high therapeutic effect. Recommendations of specialists:
- training is carried out exclusively in periods of remission;
- any load is prohibited with a progressive form of the disease;
- exercises are not carried out with severe pain, swelling, inflammation;
- classes should be regular, systematic;
- gradual increase in physical activity;
- minimum amplitude and speed of movements;
- adequate conditions – pace, rhythm, number of approaches.
The training scheme is determined by an experienced trainer, agreed with the doctor after a special examination and laboratory tests. Occupation is stopped when acute pain, persistent discomfort, muscle contracture in the ankle occur. The possibility of continuing the gymnastics is decided by the attending physician (rheumatologist, orthopedist, surgeon, traumatologist).
Gymnastics is strictly prohibited during periods of exacerbation, with deformed ankle arthrosis. Excessive loads, long tiring workouts are excluded from the program.
A set of exercises in a sitting position
Therapeutic gymnastics with arthrosis of the ankle joint does not require the use of sports equipment. Simple exercises are shown for home use:
- rolling of the foot – alternately lifting the heel and socks;
- rest your toes on the floor surface, lift and rotate the heels;
- put your foot on the foot and make rotational movements in the ankle;
- put your feet on the floor and pull the socks up, fan-like opening your fingers;
- hands to pull the toes of the foot, fixing 3-4 seconds in this position;
- roll the feet one by one from the outer edge to the inner edge.
Exercises are performed daily as a morning exercise for 5-10 minutes. The number of repetitions is up to 8 times in one session. Gymnastics can be performed in public transport, in the office, sitting at the workplace. Classes are held at a calm pace, without power tricks and weights.
The complex of exercise therapy for arthrosis of the ankle includes light exercises in a standing position. In order to avoid deterioration of the state, classes are conducted with constant monitoring of arterial, intracranial pressure, heart rate and pulse. Recommended Exercises:
- to connect legs, to put feet on the floor, to rise alternately on socks and heels;
- rise on socks and hold in this position for 3-5 seconds;
- short alternate walking on socks and heels for 3-4 seconds;
- alternate walking on the outer and inner rib of the foot for 3-5 seconds;
- alternately put your feet on the toe, rotate the heel for 5 seconds;
- resting one foot on the floor, bend the other at the knee and shake for 3-5 seconds.
Training is stopped when unpleasant sensations occur – heaviness, burning in muscles, joint pain, tension in the ligaments and tendons. Occupation is interrupted if there is a general deterioration, tachycardia, increased intracranial pressure.
Gymnastics of Dr. Bubnovsky
The creator of the author’s method of kinesitherapy (treatment with movement), Professor S. Bubnovsky, offers an effective method of treating ankle arthrosis. Simple workouts are aimed at strengthening muscle tone, preventing complications. Bubnovsky’s exercises for the ankle have a dynamic and static focus:
- lying with your back on a hard surface, spread your legs to the sides with the maximum maximum attraction of the socks to the body;
- the starting position is similar – alternately rotate the feet with your fingers in different directions, change the direction of movement every 2 seconds;
- bend your knees, put a roller under your feet and slowly roll it;
- straighten your legs, alternately rotate the feet in different directions;
- bend your fingers, trying to grab the surface of the mat, hold for 3-5 seconds;
- to spread the toes in the form of a fan, keep in this state for 5-6 seconds.
Gymnastics Bubnovsky at the initial stage is carried out in the presence of an experienced trainer. After mastering the rules of kinesitherapy technique, training at home is allowed. To achieve the best result, the professor advises careful monitoring of breathing. Premature increase in load is not recommended. The intensity, regularity and duration of classes is consistent with the attending physician.
What exercises to do with arthrosis of the ankle joint
Previously, only an elderly person knew what an ankle joint arthrosis was, but today joint disease has sharply become younger. A serious diagnosis is made for patients over the age of 30 years. Doctors attribute this phenomenon to a sedentary lifestyle and extra pounds in patients.
You can treat ankle with medication for ages. Modern medicine in fact offers only supportive therapy. As soon as the course of treatment ends, the inflammatory process again makes itself felt. Daredevils who take anti-inflammatory drugs for years, sooner or later face side effects – diarrhea, abdominal soreness, stomach ulcer, liver damage, allergic rashes.
For this reason, more and more doctors offer effective exercises to patients suffering from ankle arthrosis. With their help, tablets can be almost completely abandoned and taken only if necessary. LFK offices are equipped in medical institutions. There you will learn the basics and be able to perform exercises without leaving your home. Well-being will significantly improve, the limb will regain mobility.
The subtleties of performing therapeutic exercises
For physical education for the ankle to benefit, follow these rules:
- Start your workout with simple exercises.
- As you feel better, add more exercise.
- Stick to a specific exercise routine.
- If you feel tired and pain in your leg, it is better to postpone gymnastics until better times.
- Each 2-3 exercises alternate with rest for several minutes.
Results after doing exercises with ankle arthrosis
Exercises that are performed in remission, cope with the following tasks:
- normalize blood circulation;
- remove pain in the muscles of the joint;
- normalize the general condition of the body;
- make the joint mobile, stiffness of movements disappears;
- increase the stability of the limb. The man again feels confidence in his abilities.
The starting position that the patient needs to take when performing gymnastics in most cases is lying. The movements are aimed at the bending and extension of the limb. Repeat them slowly, without haste. If it is difficult, first put a dense pillow under the ankle. Later replaced with a larger pillow.
Also, experts recommend lowering the leg into a container of warm water in a sitting position. This simple method allows you to well develop the ankle. To increase the joint space, it is recommended to use a load. His fixed on a sore leg, with traction along the axis.
A set of exercises for ankle arthrosis
To improve the ankle joint, the LFK office staff recommend the following set of exercises to patients:
- Spread a gymnastic rug or small blanket on the floor. Take a sitting position. Simulate your fingers pushing off the floor with your heel.
- Place your toes on the floor. Lift the heel, carefully rotate it clockwise and counterclockwise, listening to your own sensations. If the rotation does not work out, continue to do the exercises as your joint allows. Over time, his condition will improve, be patient.
- Repeat the rotation of the foot, focusing on the circle.
- Lie on a gymnastics mat with your legs facing each other. Pull them straight and, resting your hands on the floor, slowly pull them toward you. Do not make sudden movements.
Each exercise from the presented gymnastics is performed at least 5-8 times. Watch your breath, it should be even.
What exercises help to overcome exacerbation
If the ankle is inflamed, not only medicines, but also physical exercises come to the rescue. Which, experts say:
- Sit with your legs extended forward. Try pulling on your socks, detect 15 seconds. Relax and repeat the manipulations again. The number of repetitions 10 times.
- Turn the foot inward and then outward.
- Sit and raise a limb with a sore ankle. Try to relax the muscles, move your leg left and right, simulating a pendulum. Do not forget to periodically lower your leg and rest.
When the acute period has passed, such a gymnastic block will be useful for a speedy recovery:
- Take a comfortable position. Roll from heel to toe.
- Stand on tiptoe and gently lower yourself.
- Stand on your toes and, if there is no pain, walk around the room in this position.
- Sit and grab your toes with your hands. This exercise also helps to stretch the spine. Try to pull your foot towards yourself.
- Without getting up off the floor, rotate your feet clockwise and vice versa. Tilt your foot left and right.
- Lie down and stretch your legs. Pull your feet toward you, then away from you. Keep your feet relaxed.
You can see how to properly perform ankle exercises in the video tutorial
Women should give up gymnastics during critical days. If possible, sign up for a swim in the pool.