Arthrosis is the destruction and sometimes deformation of the cartilage of the joints. If you do not heal with folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee, then there will definitely be a destruction of the cartilage itself and various pains of a chronic style.
It is dangerous because suddenly immobilization will occur, with which there is a complete or loss of almost all functionality.
In the world, this disease is the third most common and women are slightly more susceptible to the disease. The chance of a disease manifesting increases with each subsequent year, because with age, it may be more likely to occur.
Stress. Frequent, especially constant nervous experience and periodic stress, and if, even before the heap, your mood changes, it will first hit your joints. If this is all happening to you, then you need to rest even more, walk even more, breathe clean and necessary air, mental activity is strictly alternated with physical activity.
In your body, metabolic processes are disrupted. And if it is, then your tissue no longer receives the substances it needs. If calcium is lacking, then bone or cartilage tissue will already let you know.
Arthritis. Yes, arthrosis can be a consequence of even arthritis itself. In the joint there is such a cavity in which fluid accumulates, and if there is a lot of it, the destruction of the cartilage tissue itself will occur and arthrosis will occur.
Obesity is either a lot of weight. Of course, this will not directly lead to destruction, but will directly contribute. A heavy, extra load puts pressure on your knees and causes arthrosis.
Injuries. Much can be attributed to this. Dislocations or sprains will lead to arthrosis, and fractures even more so. With such unnecessary injuries, knee movement does not occur and blood circulation deteriorates. This is the reason.
Loads. All sports must be age appropriate. At a high age, you should not actively train, such as in youth. The joints can no longer cope with that load, but only lead to wear.
IMPORTANT! Squats and running, especially on asphalt, are especially harmful.
Meniscus. If the meniscus is damaged, the knee can usually loop tightly. When removed, 90% will lead to arthrosis.
For starters, you may feel a slight pain during exertion, which is especially active. This whole pain happens for years. If the pain occurred suddenly, then this is not arthrosis. Further, this pain goes away if you are in a state of good rest or after walking. Crunch already means second degree. But do not confuse with the usual occurring crunches after the knee bends. Weather also causes knee pain. When it becomes difficult to bend, or vice versa, to expand the diseased knee and all of the symptoms listed, then use folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee joint.
- Alternative methods of treating knee arthrosis.
- Treatment of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint with folk remedies.
- Folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee joints
- Traditional medicine for articular pathologies
- Green doctor
- Food – an element of home therapy
- How to treat deforming arthrosis of the knee with folk remedies?
- Features of treatment
- For oral administration
- For compresses and ointments
- Essential oils
- Treatment of knee arthrosis with folk remedies
- Treatment of arthrosis with folk remedies
- Compresses for knee arthrosis
- Ointments and rubbing
- Tinctures and decoctions
Alternative methods of treating knee arthrosis.
Medicine may well cope with arthrosis itself. But the prices set for different drugs are only used to rising. And initially, any medicine from the pharmacy was synthesized from the sources of our nature, and only after that artificial substitutes went. Traditional medicine, based on sound practice, has already managed to prove its favorable strength.
Seven leaves of simple burdock folded in a stack, velvet with its side down. We cover this stack with a pan full of water, but very hot. A joint in which pain is lubricated with vegetable oil. With its velvet side, put the stacks on the joint, cover with cellophane, insulate with a warm scarf (wool or down) on top.
May flowers, fragrant flowers, are suitable for treatment. Take a handful of dandelions and pour boiling water from the kettle. As it cools, it’s ready. Chew until porridge. This covers the joints, we insulate the film. Such treatment should be applied daily.
Pine baths will significantly improve the condition. Need pine branches, preferably with plentiful needles. These branches, together with the chopped Jerusalem artichoke roots, will be placed in the bathroom. We pour it with hot water from the tap. If possible, add about 1 kilogram of salt, preferably sea salt. The treatment time is limited to 20 minutes. Wipe the knee and draw a stick with a regular iodine. The course is 12-13 times.
The fabric consisting of flax is impregnated with celandine juice. The residence time of such an impregnated tissue is 50 minutes. The course is one week, a break is a decade. Total – 3 courses.
We remove the best and juicy leaves from an ordinary head of cabbage. In the concave side of the surface, apply honey, if so, use floral. We apply the sheet from the side of honey. From above we put on a film and insulate with a warm thing.
How to treat knee arthrosis at home.
Yogurt and chalk.
Chalk, even the one we use at school will turn into the finest powder. In such a powder we add yogurt (kefir or sour cream) to a mass of high density. We cover the oilcloth with the mixture and seal it with cellophane. Just a couple of hours a day will be the norm.
Important! Use chalk not building.
We turn the shell of ordinary chicken eggs into powder. Add kefir to this powder, so that everything turns out in a thick form. In the matter consisting of flax, we wrap our gruel and place it on the joint. Above, as usual, should be polyethylene. Two and a half hours, this is the period for a day.
With a magnet, with a total diameter of 5 centimeters, we begin to massage well the skin over the joint, in the period from 15-18 minutes. The course is within 2,5 months.
Old, ancient, folk, best way. We leave the washed worms in any container warm. As they are porridge, add alcohol. Rub the treatment mixture into the joint. The period of particular effectiveness is spring.
Heated to heat, rub the oil into the sore knee joint. In order not to particularly feel the current pain, we will do at least 5 regular courses.
Treatment of deforming arthrosis of the knee joint with folk remedies.
Folk remedies will have an active effect if treated in the very initial painful process. The main thing is not to endure pain for a long time and not to let the pathology build up. When deformed, the pain will be almost intolerable, movements are almost limited. You just have to immediately do a full examination (MRI). The doctor indicates the treatment according to the survey. In addition to this, the medicine used by the people will be able to contribute to the relief of pain, resorption of deformation. Getting rid of joints from unnecessary toxins, as well as salt.
We fill the teaspoon with gelatin. In half an ordinary, kitchen glass, cool the water after boiling it and add the gelatin. In the morning we add hot boiling water and do not forget to add a bit of honey. Fasting drink in the period of one decade. The procedure usually consists of only 3 required courses. Rest between courses – a week.
We get the usual fresh root of the washed horseradish. Grate it and grate a little water. All this for steaming, put in a water bath. Porridge forms in a semi-liquid form. It should be laid out on a fabric, preferably from good linen and placed on the knee. For reliability on top, apply cellophane and cover. Keep as much as you can. The course is a decade.
A decoction prepared from an ordinary lavrushka is able to remove all the accumulated salt. Just a small 10 g, fill the kettle with hot, already boiling water. Leave to boil for a quarter of a minute. Insist not very long, you can until it cools down. You can take a little bit. Three, at least four days, is enough for a start. After passing a week, repeat.
Using a blender, we will change the black radish into pieces. Then squeeze the juice and mix honey, preferably linden, a stack of high-quality vodka and salt, but not ordinary, but sea (15g). After strong, good mixing, everything will be ready for grinding.
Apply only in spring. Buds from birch twigs, together with the leaves of a young birch, we will lay on napkins and cover the joint. Cover with a plastic bag and cover with a scarf. So, all night. The course is a decade.
The very longest method. Daily rub the interior fat (pork) into the skin over the joint, followed by warming. We leave the bandage for the night. With this warming, growths and scars will begin to dissolve.
We break eggs from chicken. The contents will remain inside the shell. They need to be rubbed by massaging in places of joint pain. Calcium, as well as contained proteins, enrich the joints.
Finally, I sincerely want to sincerely wish you not to suffer from arthrosis. Therefore, take care of your precious health. Frivolity is not permissible here. You will succeed in life, with good health. I sincerely assure you, if you believe in the power of recipes and help will be double – this is my promise.
Folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee joints
The knee joint is one of the most vulnerable articular joints for the development of various pathologies. And the most common disease is deforming arthrosis of the knee joint. The disease leads to joint deformation, which causes severe pain during movement. Treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint with folk remedies is indicated in the initial stages of the disease, when the degenerative process is not pronounced.
It is impossible to completely cure the knees, but modern medicine is able to slow down the destructive process. To do this, you need to seek medical help in a timely manner. And in addition to drug therapy in the first stage, treatment of knee arthrosis at home with folk remedies can be used.
Traditional medicine for articular pathologies
The opinions of doctors and patients about the use of alternative medicine in the treatment of joint arthrosis are sometimes directly opposite. Professionals consider them useless, preferring to trust pharmacological drugs. But many patients, having tried many drugs in practice, do not always get the desired result.
This makes people lean in favor of alternative methods of treating joint ailments, including arthrosis of the knee joint. As practice and patient reviews show, folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee joint can be of real help in alleviating the condition, but traditional therapy should not be completely abandoned. When treating folk recipes, it is necessary to remember some important points:
- Before using these or other folk methods of treating joints, you should definitely consult your doctor. This is especially important for funds that are supposed to be taken orally, that is, inside;
- If wild herbs are needed to prepare such products, plant materials should be purchased not at the market, but at the pharmacy;
- You should not expect instant benefits from rubbing, decoctions and compresses – the first signs of improvement appear after several weeks of regular treatment;
- The action of alternative methods of treating arthrosis of the knee joint is most effective in the case of a small to medium degree of damage, when the destructive process goes far enough, alternative medicine is powerless to help.
As the ingredients from which the preparations for the treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint are prepared, herbalists-healers use plants – both wild and cultivated. Also, the composition of recipes for such funds may include:
- Food products (table salt, bee honey and other beekeeping derivatives, chicken eggs, vegetable and butter);
- Chemicals (turpentine, paraffin, vinegar, alcohol);
- Minerals (clay, chalk).
Most of these treatments for arthrosis of the knee and other joints of the legs are intended for local (external) use. Plants and other ingredients of rasters and compresses do not cause side effects, do not pose a danger to patients of any age and health condition and can be used without restrictions for a long time – until a positive effect is achieved.
The methods for their preparation are quite simple, do not require a large investment of time and special skills. Another plus of such methods of treatment in their comparative cheapness.
If such drugs are recommended to be used internally in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis, their composition should be taken very carefully. Alcohol tinctures, as well as medicines that include honey and other products, often cause allergies, and therefore are not recommended for people with a tendency to histamine reactions.
Wild medicinal plants are one of the main components of compresses and rubbing for arthrosis of the knee joint. But collecting them yourself is not the easiest task: you need to be well versed in botany, know everything about the beneficial properties of grass or flower, and learn the basic rules for their preparation and storage.
It is also necessary to observe the dosage when preparing decoctions and tinctures for treatment on their basis. To avoid all these difficulties, you can buy a ready-made herbal collection at the pharmacy, the packaging of which will contain all the necessary information on how to treat knee arthrosis with its help.
With garden plants is much easier. They are always at hand, familiar to everyone for a long time and well, they cannot be confused with any others and there is no need to follow special procedures when preparing them. And in their medicinal properties, they are in no way inferior to wild-growing herbs.
What compresses for joint treatment can be prepared from both edible and inedible plants:
- Compress on the knee from the leaves of white cabbage. After choosing the most succulent leaves from the cabbage, wash thoroughly under a running stream and gently mash with a hammer to beat the meat so that they become softer and give a little juice. Grease the prepared leaves with a thin layer of natural bee honey and wrap them around the sore knee, covering it with polyethylene and wrapping it with a woolen cloth. Such a cabbage-honey compress is put on all night, and after five to six procedures, the swelling of the joint subsides, and the pain becomes noticeably less;
- It helps to relieve pain in the knee compress with freshly squeezed cabbage juice. After passing a few leaves through a meat grinder or juicer, it is good to moisten a wool scarf or scarf in the resulting juice. Then, slightly squeezing the tissue, wrap around the knee joint on all sides. Put a waterproof bandage on top of such a compress and go to bed;
- Horseradish compress. Rub the horseradish root on a grater, spread it with an even thin layer on a wide bandage, a piece of gauze or thin cotton cloth, covering it with another part from above, and wrap it around the knee. Horseradish essential oils will cause a rush of blood to the articular region, which will create a warming effect and will help improve blood circulation in the articular joint. Such a compress is applied only to clean skin without microtrauma and is maintained for one to two hours. The treatment procedure is repeated every other day;
- A compress of fresh celandine juice, in which the bandage should be moistened, is also applied only to healthy knee skin for one hour. After removing it, it is necessary to lubricate the knee joint with vegetable oil. The course of treatment with such compresses is a week, then a week break and repetition;
- Burdock is one of the most common plants in the European part of Russia. It also has medicinal properties. Its leaves are a popular and effective treatment for arthrosis of the knee joints. After choosing the largest and juiciest, you need to rinse well, then scald with boiling water to become softer. Having greased the knee with vegetable oil, overlay it with mugs on all sides, wrap it warmer and leave it overnight;
- Another well-known and unpretentious plant that helps in the treatment of joint arthrosis is dandelion. In May, all wastelands and lawns are covered with its flowers. Having collected them, it is necessary to fill in the yellow flower heads with boiling water and knead thoroughly with a wooden crush. A compress is prepared from this mass, which wraps the knee. You can also fill half a dark glass bottle with fresh dandelion flowers, pour alcohol or vodka to the top and put it in a cool place away from sunlight. The bottle should be shaken periodically. After a month, draining the resulting tincture, an evening massage of the knee joint is done with it to relieve pain and swelling.
Self-collection of wild herbs for the preparation of medicines is best done in rural areas, away from densely populated places, industrial enterprises and highways. It is better to choose plants that cannot be mistakenly identified.
Food – an element of home therapy
Many simple and affordable foods contain substances that are useful for nourishing and restoring cartilage in the treatment of knee arthrosis. Of these, you can prepare folk remedies for arthrosis of the knee joints, which can be used for a long time. To restore damaged cartilage tissue will help:
- Rye crackers with sour milk. Grind the dry black bread in the coffee grinder, pour them with homemade yogurt, wait until the breadcrumbs are saturated, slightly dilute with boiled water to make it look like thick sour cream, and mix well. Put the resulting mass in a warm place for 5-6 hours, and then, laying an even layer on a bandage or strip of thin cotton fabric, wrap the knee joint. You can not leave the ointment the next day – it must be used completely;
- Gelatin compress. Pour natural dry gelatin powder onto cheesecloth soaked in warm water so that a layer of powder is between the cheesecloth layers. Wrap the bandage around the knee and do not tighten it tightly. Swelling in wet tissue, gelatin jelly, which is collagen, is absorbed into the cartilage of a diseased joint, making its tissues resilient and elastic. Such compresses on the knee joint must be put in a day, the duration of the procedure is about an hour;
- Anti-arthritic ointment is made from equal parts of turpentine and apple cider vinegar (one teaspoon of each) mixed with the yolk of one chicken egg. The composition must be rubbed daily into the sore knee in the morning and at night;
- For proper nutrition of the cartilage and articular tissue of the knee, you need to prepare the treatment mixture according to the following recipe. Having taken 6 fresh chicken eggs (not from the store, but from domestic chicken), wash the shell under running water. Wash and scald 10 lemons with boiling water for better juice separation. Putting the eggs in a plate, pour them with lemon juice, cover the plate with a cotton cloth and put in a dark place for a week. When, after 7 days, the egg shell becomes soft under the action of lemon juice, knead the eggs with a wooden crush and mix with 300 grams of natural bee honey, then add 150 g of high quality cognac to the resulting mixture. Take one dessert spoon of the composition after a meal;
- For a sick joint, warming baths with a solution of soda and sea salt are useful. To a bath of water with a temperature of 39-40 degrees, you need to add 200 g of one and the other, stirring until completely dissolved. Take such baths before bedtime for 30 minutes.
All these procedures can be performed only if arthrosis of the knee joint of non-inflammatory etiology occurs. If inflammation occurs in the knee region caused by the penetration of an infectious agent, treatment of arthrosis of the knee joint with folk remedies, including warming and moisturizing procedures, is excluded.
How to treat deforming arthrosis of the knee with folk remedies?
The human body has almost two hundred joints, providing freedom and ease of movement. Of these, the knee is one of the largest and most complex. It is not surprising that various troubles happen to him more often than others. One of them is deforming arthrosis of the knee joint, which, according to statistics, is in second place in the ranking of all arthrosis.
Initially, this disease is manifested by discomfort and unexpressed, aching pain, passing at rest. If you do not begin to treat the joint, then calcium salts gradually accumulate in it, the production of synovial fluid decreases. Due to the increase in friction between the articular surfaces, microcracks arise in them, which further destroy the cartilage tissue.
Without treatment, arthrosis of the knee can result in complete destruction of the joint and loss of leg mobility.
Joint disease requires a comprehensive treatment that can last several months. It includes the appointment of drugs, physiotherapy and physiotherapy. Sometimes a damaged joint can only be saved surgically. However, at any stage of the restoration of its mobility, alternative methods of treatment can be a good addition.
Features of treatment
Despite the fact that treatment with folk remedies at home is considered completely safe, in practice, everything is completely different. In order not to harm the joint and the body, and also really get the effect of the recipes, several rules should be observed:
- Before undertaking the preparation, first consult with your doctor.
- Do not use compresses and rubbing in the acute period of the disease. They can be used during remission, when there is no acute inflammation.
- You can not replace folk remedies with drugs and procedures prescribed by a doctor. Any prescription can only be used as an addition to the main treatment.
- If you are allergic to any herbs or bee products, then it is better to refuse recipes with these components.
Therapy based on folk remedies, as well as prescribed by a doctor, requires compliance with the indicated doses and the duration of use.
Treatment of deforming arthrosis with herbs is the most common and popular way. As a rule, it is aimed at getting rid of pain and relieving inflammation. However, do not forget that herbal medicine is used for long courses and you should not expect instant improvement from it. But the effect of such treatment may be longer. With herbal recipes, you can not only treat joint problems, but also use them as a prophylaxis.
Before you begin to treat deforming arthrosis with herbs, be sure to read the list of contraindications indicated in the instructions or on the package.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
For oral administration
For the treatment of arthrosis, both single plants and their combinations in ready-made or prepared independently can be used. The latter option is more effective, since the plants in the collection complement and enhance the action of each other.
If you decide to treat the knee with a collection prepared on your own, then mixing more than three plants in it is not worth it. Otherwise, you risk not taking into account all the options for the interaction of components. Only phytotherapist can correctly prepare complex mixtures correctly. Therefore, if you do not have the necessary knowledge, it is better to purchase ready-made herbal preparations, and you can make the following simple recipes yourself:
- Tea from three herbs, prepared from tricolor violet, birch leaves and dioecious nettle leaves, in equal parts. Seven teaspoons of the mixture should be poured with 500 ml of hot water, let it brew for about 30 minutes and drink throughout the day, like tea. The minimum course of treatment is 30 days. If necessary, repeat after a week break.
- Tea from St. John’s wort and licorice root, mixed in equal amounts. With hot water in a volume of 300 ml, you need to pour two tablespoons of the mixture and insist. The resulting amount of infusion is div >
In addition to fees, single plants can be used to treat knee arthrosis. The main thing is not to mix everything at once and to use one thing in one period. To cope with the pathology of the joints, they will help you:
- Sabretnik, whose roots contain essential oils, carotene, tannins and flavonoids and give it the ability to relieve inflammation, pain and remove excess salts from the joints. For treatment, you can buy it in the form of tinctures in a pharmacy or use the saber root root in dried form and cook it yourself. To do this, crushed roots are laid in a jar 1/3 of its volume, poured with vodka and insisted in a cool dark place for 21 days. Take a teaspoon three times a day. With good tolerance and in severe cases, the dose can be increased to a tablespoon. The course is two months.
- Garlic is another popular remedy that can be used to treat knee arthrosis. In addition to its good anti-inflammatory properties, it is able to improve blood flow and nutrition of the joint, as well as relieve increased muscle tone and thereby reduce pain. To prepare the medicine, the head of garlic must be ground into a paste, mixed with olive oil in a proportion of 1:10. Mix 1/2 teaspoon daily before breakfast.
But from the popular hellebore, as a means of treatment, it is better to refuse. The fact is that this plant contains cardiac glycosides, which can accumulate in the body and in large doses can cause problems with the cardiovascular system.
For compresses and ointments
Means for oral administration can be combined with compresses, rubbing or ointments. It’s not difficult to cook them yourself. But you also need to apply for a long time and every day. Only in this case the effect of the treatment will be pronounced and lasting. There are many popular recipes, but the following are most popular:
- Bay leaf oil. To prepare it, you will need a regular pack of bay leaves and 200 ml of any vegetable oil. Chop the leaves, add oil to the top and close tightly. Insist for two weeks in a dark, warm place. Then the resulting mixture is filtered and can be used for rubbing and massage.
- Ointment from nettle leaves and juniper berries. The crushed raw materials must be mixed in equal amounts and added to melted butter in a ratio of 1: 3. Allow to solidify and refrigerate in a dark bowl. Rub the affected joint three times a day. The course of use is one month.
Mumiye contains a unique mineral-organic complex, which includes about 30 different micro and macro elements, organic acids, as well as essential oils and bee venom.
This composition gives it anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties and makes it simply indispensable in the treatment of most joint diseases, including knee arthrosis. Moreover, it can be used both internally and externally. Of course, even such a wonderful substance cannot be cured by deforming arthrosis, but it is quite possible to reduce its manifestations. How to apply:
- For internal use, it is most convenient to use ready-made mummy in tablets, which is sold in pharmacies or specialty stores. Drink it at 0,2-0,5 gr. at night, for 21 days. Then a break is made for five days and, if necessary, the reception can be resumed again.
- Can be prepared with mumiyo and ointment for compresses. For this 50 gr. Dissolve substances in a water bath and add the same amount of blue clay, transfer to a homogeneous consistency. Apply to a sore joint at night, wrapping it with plastic wrap and a warm cloth. If desired, honey can be used instead of clay.
Essential oils are complex multicomponent volatile organic substances obtained from various plants. Their distinctive feature is the presence of a pronounced aroma. Most often, oils have properties characteristic of the plant, which served as the source of their production.
Before using essential oil in its pure form, you should make sure that there is no allergy to it. To do this, it is enough to drop a drop of oil on the skin and follow its reaction during the day.
Joints can be treated with oils both in pure form, by rubbing, massaging or taking baths, or by adding to various ointments, both ready-made and those that you cook yourself. The most commonly used oils are:
- Lavender, helping to cope with inflammation and pain. Additionally, it has a relaxing and calming effect.
- Eucalyptus, which is probably the most popular way to fight infection and inflammation. In addition, eucalyptus well eliminates pain and relieves swelling of the joint.
- Juniper, helps get r >
In addition to herbs, mumiyo and essential oils, many other folk remedies can also help in the treatment of arthrosis:
- For example, ordinary oatmeal, which needs to be boiled in the amount of three tablespoons, cool and use as a compress for the night.
- You can also treat arthrosis with salt. Only not the one you add to food, but a special, natural, not chemically processed. Salt of the Dead Sea is ideal. In addition to salt baths, which can be prepared independently at home, it can also be used for salt compresses. For this 10 gr. salt should be mixed with 50 gr. pork fat. The resulting mixture is applied to the sore knee and carefully wrap with a warm cloth. You can do such compresses twice a day.
There are many ways to cure joint disease. But before you take on any of them, remember that the diagnosis – arthrosis of the knee joint – can only be made by the attending physician. Do not start treatment if the diagnosis is inaccurate, because similar symptoms can be with other diseases that require a completely different approach.
Treatment of knee arthrosis with folk remedies
For any disease, you can find recipes from traditional medicine, and as for arthrosis, there are many options for using various components for its treatment. Means differ in effectiveness, method of preparation, but almost always are auxiliary, and not the main methods of treatment. This must be remembered when applying this or that remedy, since with developed pathology, including arthrosis of the knee, special therapeutic methods, including pharmacological preparations, must be used.
In the treatment of knee arthrosis with folk remedies, compresses, lotions, grindings, as well as infusions and decoctions of herbs for oral administration are actively used. All these funds are aimed at relieving symptoms, pain, swelling, and also contribute to the restoration of damaged tissues.
Treatment of arthrosis with folk remedies
Initially, you need to make sure how appropriate it is to carry out such a treatment or it is better to pay attention to modern pharmacological preparations. Only a specialist will be able to do this on the basis of pictures of the problem area and analysis. If the situation is uncritical, arthrosis at the initial stage, conservative methods are acceptable, then you can additionally help your body with natural and completely affordable means.
Of the various methods, several treatment options are distinguished:
- Compresses or lotions. These are gauze or bandage dressings soaked in a solution of active ingredients. They are usually left for a long time, at night;
- Rubbing, ointment. These suspensions are prepared for application to a diseased area, the impact on which is due to special formulations. They can additionally warm the problem area, which improves blood circulation, metabolic processes, as well as partially anesthetize;
- Decoctions and infusions. Funds act on the whole body as a whole, help recovery processes, contribute to the overall strengthening of the immune system, make up for the deficiency of beneficial trace elements, vitamins and other compounds.
Treatment of knee arthrosis with folk remedies can be combined using several options at once, the main thing is to do everything in moderation or dosed, according to the prescription and do not forget about the main therapy.
Compresses for knee arthrosis
Osteoarthritis of the knee is often treated with compresses. The most common salt, as it is characterized by availability and high efficiency. Matter is impregnated with saline and superimposed for 7-12 hours. It is important not to cover the knee with polyethylene, then something warm, as there is a possibility of irritation on the skin. Apply sea, table salt, but not iodized. There is a way to prepare salt dough when salt, chalk and some water are mixed in equal proportions. In addition to the well-known salt compress, there are other components that can also be successfully used:
- Cabbage juice or leaf. If possible, you need to get cabbage juice, moisten a bandage or gauze, make a compress. Just the sheets will also be useful, notches are made on them, they can be greased with honey and applied for 7-8 hours, at night;
- Burdock. The leaves are folded in several layers, a pan of hot water is placed on them and left for 20-40 minutes, then this stack is applied to the sore knee, aged 5-7 hours;
- Celandine. Long contact with the skin of this plant is not recommended, so it is enough to withstand gauze soaked in celandine juice for about 30 minutes, so that the beneficial composition has a positive effect.
These are just some of the ways to compress, you can choose your own recipe that is suitable and effective in this situation.
Ointments and rubbing
Massaging, warming and stimulating blood flow positively affects recovery reactions, only if there is no inflammatory process. For this, you can use ready-made ointments with a complex effect or make a remedy yourself.
Various ingredients may be used as ingredients. For example, treatment of arthrosis with folk remedies may include grinding from chicken yolk, turpentine, as well as a small amount of apple cider vinegar. This tool is prepared before use, rubbed into the problem area. There is a recipe that includes camphor oil, vodka, turpentine. Mixtures may include various components, but their use must be carried out carefully so as not to get burns, and massaging should be carried out without unnecessary efforts, so as not to injure the tissue.
Chicken Yolk and Apple Cider Vinegar
Tinctures and decoctions
The results from the adoption of infusions will not be noticeable immediately, but there is certainly a reason to take them, since herbs contain many substances that are useful not only for arthrosis, but also for other diseases. Infusions on lingonberry leaves, birch buds, nettles, chamomile, immortelle, St. John’s wort, raspberry root and so on are popular. Plants are taken in certain proportions and brewed with boiling water, insisted on vodka or alcohol, there are many options. The exact effectiveness of such solutions with respect to improving the condition when knee arthrosis is diagnosed does not exist. It is clear that it is not worth taking such suspensions in arbitrary doses, since, despite the herbal components, such drugs can cause side effects, allergies, pressure drops and other unpleasant health consequences.
Considering the treatment of knee arthrosis with folk remedies, it should be understood that with the 2nd degree, and even more so with the 3rd use of only these methods can worsen the condition. The course of the disease can have various features and even with minor symptoms, there is a likelihood of a serious development of pathology. It is not necessary to experiment, lose time on self-healing, it is better to consult an experienced rheumatologist.