In combination with physiotherapy, mud therapy and medication, exercises for the knees with arthrosis perform a number of important tasks:
For many years, unsuccessfully struggling with pain in the joints.
Read the article where I told HOW I CURE JOINTS using four plants and Soviet technology of the 83rd year
- reduce the intensity of the pain syndrome;
- stop narrowing and expand the joint space;
- contribute to better breathing;
- strengthens ligaments and muscles;
- improve blood supply to the affected area;
- carry out correction of disorders in the spine.
It is especially important to perform therapeutic exercises with arthrosis of the 2nd degree. It prevents the progression of pathology.
If the patient will regularly engage in exercise therapy, he will be able to fully rehabilitate the diseased joint and restore mobility to the knee. Moreover, gymnastics will stop the transition of the disease to the 3rd degree, when a person is facing disability and surgery. About the benefits of gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee video with Dr. Bubnovsky:
- Special rules for the implementation of exercise therapy
- Complexes of exercise therapy for classes at home
- A sparing set of therapeutic exercises
- Therapeutic exercises using improvised means
- Exercise therapy in the pool with knee arthrosis
- When is exercise therapy contraindicated?
- Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee – a set of exercises
- Exercise effect
- Execution Rules
- Complex of exercises
- Gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee
- The healing effect of gymnastics
- Impact on the knees
- Features of execution in arthrosis of the 2nd degree
- Features of execution in arthrosis of the 3nd degree
- Exercise examples
- Therapeutic physical training for arthrosis of the knee: exercises, the rules for their implementation
- Features of treatment of arthrosis
- Objectives of exercise therapy for arthrosis
- Why is physiotherapy useful for osteoarthritis of the knee joint?
- Features of exercise therapy at different stages of the disease
- Class rules
- What is forbidden in case of arthrosis
- Exercises in the prone position
- Exercises standing and sitting on a chair
- Approximate complex exercise therapy
- Therapeutic physical training for arthrosis of the knee joint according to Bubnovsky
Special rules for the implementation of exercise therapy
In order for therapeutic exercises to benefit and give the patient pleasure, special rules must be observed. Starting exercises, follow these guidelines:
- Do not get carried away by excessive loads, keep a reasonable balance between stress and rest. Every 5-6 hours, let the sick knee rest, then the regeneration of the cartilage tissue will be successful.
- The total duration of classes should be 30-40 minutes per day, with 10 minute approaches 3-4 times a day.
- Start with slow and smooth movements, gradually increasing their amplitude.
- Repeat each exercise 4-6 times.
- The movements should be soft, without strong pressure on the sore joint. If you feel pain, rest, or move on to another exercise.
- Be sure to relax after a 10-minute lesson. Just lie on your back for a few minutes.
Complexes of exercise therapy for classes at home
Not every patient has the opportunity to regularly attend classes in specialized centers, and not every village has such centers. It is very good that a person can perform exercise therapy complexes developed by specialists at home. We offer you several types of exercises that you can easily master on your own. On the prevention and maintenance of the knee in good condition is shown here:
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency.
But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of .
A sparing set of therapeutic exercises
Exercises that are performed on the floor or on the rug can be called sparing. They can be performed by elderly patients without much stress. In addition, in a supine position there is no vertical load on the knee joint. The complex includes the following movements:
- We begin our complex with exercises performed from the “lying on my stomach” position. Having taken the necessary position, hands are freely positioned along the body. Keep feet together, feet connected.
- We start with the left foot, which we try to raise high up slowly. Choose the amplitude that is comfortable for you, do not strain. At the same pace, lower your leg. We do the same actions with the right foot.
- We stay on our stomach. Getting to the next exercise. Alternately, it is necessary to bend each leg in the knee. Repeat 5-6 times.
- The left leg is bent, the foot pressed firmly against the floor. We make all movements smoothly, do not rush and do not make sharp jerks. Now straighten the leg. At the same pace we make the same movements with the right foot.
- Turn over to your back. We bend the right leg, as shown, the foot is firmly on the mat. The left leg rises up in a straightened state. Repeat all movements 5-6 times. We pass to raising the right leg, the left limb is bent.
- We engage both legs, which must be lifted up, while bending at the knees. The number of repetitions is 5-6 times.
- We lie on the left s />We remain in the same position, pull the toe of the left leg away from us.
- Repeat the exercise by swapping legs.
Therapeutic exercises using improvised means
Many experts rightly believe that therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee should include not only exercises for the knee, but also a number of movements aimed at the general improvement of the musculoskeletal system.
In the presented diagram, exercises are given in which the available tools are used:
Gymnastics stick and stool help develop the muscles of the arms and legs, allow you to perform complex exercises without problems, support the muscles in good shape. Carefully study the movements shown, and perform them at home, repeating each of them 4-6 times. Follow the rules that we talked about above.
Exercise therapy in the pool with knee arthrosis
The value of therapeutic exercises performed in the aquatic environment is that the patient’s body is affected by hydrostatic pressure. Due to this, blood flow in the affected area is accelerated, metabolism improves. If the classes in the room are uncomfortable for you, replace them with water exercises. An example of exercises that can be done in water:
- Take a walk around the pool for 3-5 minutes.
- Bend one leg or the other back, trying to get your buttock with your heel.
- Squat in the pool so that the head remains above the water. Repeat squats up to 30 times.
- If you can swim, be sure to do it in any style.
When is exercise therapy contraindicated?
There is a list of contraindications in which you can not do therapeutic exercises. The main thing to remember is that exercise therapy is performed during the period of disease remission, when it almost does not manifest itself. In addition, classes should be abandoned when:
- the patient has serious injuries;
- impaired blood circulation (coronary and cerebral);
- have a hernia;
- problems with the cardiovascular system;
- an operation was performed.
Therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee – a set of exercises
With degenerative joint diseases, which include arthrosis, the range of motion decreases, pain and crunch appear. Physical therapy for arthrosis of the knee helps to alleviate symptoms, allows you to maintain intact function of the limbs for longer. Exercises for atrophy of the knee joint are performed together with the instructor or independently. At different stages of the disease, various types of leg exercises are indicated.
Exercises for arthrosis of the knee have the following beneficial effects:
- Improving blood circulation in the articular structures;
- Improving cartilage nutrition;
- Maintaining ligament elasticity;
- Strengthening the muscular skeleton;
- Stimulation of the production of articular fluid;
- Slowing down degenerative processes;
- Prevention of the formation of articular contractures.
Gymnastics with gonarthrosis supports the function of the joint at any stage of the disease, but it will be most effective at the very beginning, with minimal changes in the knee.
With arthrosis of the knee, any power loads are prohibited – the use of barbells, dumbbells and weighting agents.
Strengthen the knee joints with a variety of exercises. Gymnastics is carried out at home or in the gym, or in the pool. Exercises for the treatment of arthrosis are performed from a lying position, sitting on a chair, standing. Various gymnastic accessories are actively used – sticks, balls, steppers.
Exercises are static and dynamic. Static ones are those that involve being in the same position for a short time. Dynamic exercises are those during which active movements are performed.
Separately, it should be said about exercises for the knee joint performed in water. They have not only the effect inherent in ordinary gymnastics, but also gently massage the limbs, helping to alleviate pain. Water aerobics has practically no contraindications, with the exception of severe cardiac pathology.
Exercise therapy for knee arthrosis is carried out at all stages of the disease, as well as as preventive measures. Gymnastics is recommended to do everything, regardless of gender and age.
There are some situations in which gymnastics for joints with arthrosis is not performed. Contraindications include the following situations:
- The presence of acute colds in a person;
- Damage to the integrity of the skin of the knee;
- Acute inflammation of the knee joint;
- The period of menstruation in women;
- Severe exacerbation of cardiac pathology;
- Inguinal, umbilical hernia;
- High blood pressure.
For the most part, these are relative contraindications, that is, physical exercises are allowed after the elimination of these situations.
Exercise therapy for the knee joint with arthrosis will be most effective if it is performed in accordance with all the rules.
- The load should be appropriate for the age and state of human health;
- Start training with minimal loads, gradually increasing them;
- Gymnastics must be performed daily; the entire recommended complex is fully developed;
- At first, all movements are performed at a slow pace, then it can be accelerated;
- The training should begin with a stretch, which will relax the muscles and ligaments;
- For classes it is advisable to set aside a certain time;
- You need to engage in loose, not restricting movements clothing;
- If fatigue occurs during charging, you should take a short break;
- It is better to start and finish charging with a light relaxing massage of the knee;
- Exercises must be performed even if there is pain in the knee, but if they intensify, the gymnastics is stopped.
The set of exercises is determined by the doctor for exercise therapy, you can not change and supplement it yourself. A person can engage in joint gymnastics in the gym, under the supervision of a doctor, or at home alone.
If you feel worse against the background of therapeutic exercises, you must consult your doctor.
Complex of exercises
Different stages of arthrosis require different gymnastic complexes. This is due to differences in pathological processes occurring in the knee joint. Effective gymnastics for arthrosis of the knee includes exercises performed from different initial positions, as well as water aerobics.
A set of exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint of the 1st degree is intended to relieve pain and slow down the further progression of the disease. The exercises are carried out quite intensively, the duration of the lesson is at least half an hour. Approximate complex:
- Starting position – lying on your back with outstretched legs. Bend one leg at a right angle, then lift it up, straighten. Repeat for the other leg;
- Lying on your back, resting your heels on the floor, bend and unbend your knees alternately;
- Lying, bend your legs at right angles. Turning the hips, try to touch the knees of the floor alternately;
- Sit on a chair, resting your feet on the floor. Alternately stretch the legs forward, unbending them at the knees;
- Sit with your knees slightly out of the chair seat. Make cross movements with bent legs;
- Standing, feet shoulder width apart. Perform leg lifts, bending them at right angles.
- Standing on the floor, legs apart. Perform slow, incomplete squats;
- Standing on the floor in front of the stepper, climb on it and lower it alternately with each foot;
- Standing, bend the leg at the knee, take it back. Hold the sock with your hand and stand for several seconds in this position. Repeat for the other leg;
- Finish the exercise with a light run in a circle or in place.
Each exercise is recommended for 10-15 approaches.
Exercise therapy for arthrosis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree is intended to relieve pain, stimulate the production of joint fluid. At this stage, it is not recommended to do exercises with a stepper. The duration of the lesson is 20 minutes. You can perform the following exercises:
- Lying on your back, raise your straightened leg up. Then bend it at the knee and gently lower it to the floor;
- Lying with outstretched legs, slowly slide your heels on the floor in the direction of the buttocks and back;
- Sitting on a chair, step over a gymnastic stick;
- Sitting on a chair, place your foot on a small ball. Perform circular movements with the foot, trying to use the knee joint;
- Standing against the wall and leaning on it, bend your leg at right angles in front of you. Hold the knee with your hands and try to pull it to your chest;
- Standing with support against the wall, slowly lower and rise, straining your knees;
- Standing, feet shoulder width apart. Run a half squat and stay in this position for a few seconds;
- Finish walking fast.
After training, massage your knees, take a warm bath.
Perform each exercise for 10-15 approaches.
The complex of exercises of therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint of the 3rd degree is aimed at relieving pain, eliminating muscle spasm. At this stage, the minimum load is shown, exercises are more static. The duration of the lesson depends on the well-being of the person. Perform the following exercises:
- Lying on your back, bend your knees and lie down for a minute. Then straighten your legs and lie down for another minute;
- Lying on your back, bend your leg at the knee, lift it up, hold it for a few seconds. Then slowly lower and straighten. Repeat for the other leg;
- Lying on the stomach, alternately bend the legs at the knees, lifting the heels up;
- Sitting on a chair, cross legs;
- Standing, hands on the belt. Take back and forth each leg in turn.
Perform 10 sets on each leg. After a workout, massage your knees and take a warm bath.
Exercises in the pool are carried out jointly with the instructor or independently. Both static and dynamic exercises are allowed:
- Holding the side, bend the leg at the knee and pull back;
- Holding onto a support, slowly squat and rise;
- Perform swings with legs back and forth.
Gymnastics for the treatment of knee arthrosis is being developed by exercise therapy doctors. Kinesitherapy – treatment with movement – is practiced by specialists such as Bubnovsky, Popov and Evdokimenko. Regularly performed gymnastics slows the progression of arthrosis and maintains knee flexibility for a long time.
Gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee
A set of therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint helps the patient improve joint mobility and stop other negative symptoms of the disease. A specific set of exercises for the joints allows not only to restore the function of the knee, but also to strengthen its muscles and ligamentous apparatus. However, it must be understood that the improvement will occur only if the patient is consistent and persistent. It is also very important to combine gymnastics with physiotherapy and drug treatment.
The healing effect of gymnastics
Arthrosis of the knee is a leader in the incidence of arthritic joint damage in the group of diseases. Every fifth person on Earth has a history of this or that degree of this pathology. Of course, older people are more prone to arthrosis, but in young people this pathology is often diagnosed. Osteoarthritis of the knee is a rapidly progressing pathology that can cause disability. Therefore, it is very important to start treatment in a timely manner.
The first lessons should be held with a specialist, so that he talks about the features of the exercises and says what exercises you are allowed to do.
Everyone knows that gymnastics has a positive effect on the body, but therapeutic gymnastics also has other goals. Here are some of the positive effects that can be achieved by doing physical therapy:
- elimination of pain;
- an increase in the size of the joint space;
- improved blood flow;
- strengthening the muscles around the joint;
- elimination of problems with the spine;
- improving the function of the respiratory system.
In order to get only benefit from medical gymnastics, you must adhere to the following rules:
- engage under the supervision of a specialist in the office of exercise therapy;
- exercise should be done regularly;
- increase the load gradually, for a start 10 minutes a day are enough;
- you can only engage in remission;
- all exercises should be performed smoothly and at a slow pace;
- provided that only one knee hurts, the load on both knees should be the same;
- the effectiveness of exercises will be observed subject to daily classes of 40 minutes a day. If desired, this time can be divided into several approaches;
- the number of repetitions of each exercise should be first 4, and then 10 times,
- during classes, every 10 minutes, you need to give your knees a rest – lie on your back, stretch your legs and relax.
In addition, we must not forget that with arthrosis of the knee joint it is impossible:
- to allow pain during gymnastic exercises;
- engage in the acute period of the disease;
- perform any sharp movements with the knee;
- get on your knees;
- do a lot of crouching movements.
Impact on the knees
With arthrosis of the knee joint, pathological changes affect not only the knee joint, but also the ligamentous apparatus, as well as the muscles of the lower leg and thigh.
Important! It is impossible to cure arthrosis of the knee joint only with physiotherapy exercises. Be sure to use other methods.
Combination therapy on the knee allows you to achieve the following effects:
- reduction in swelling of the knee;
- reduction of pain in the joint;
- improved synovial flu >
The structure of the knee joint.
REFERENCE. It must be understood that any physical exertion in case of arthrosis of the knee joint should be performed only as directed by the doctor, and only under his supervision. However, complete inactivity contributes to the development of pathology, so movement should be, but always dosed.
Features of execution in arthrosis of the 2nd degree
Osteoarthritis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree develops in the absence of treatment at the initial stage of the pathology. This stage is accompanied by severe pain, and that is why at this stage, patients most often seek help from a doctor. It is impossible to cure degenerative changes in the joint, but you can stop the development of the pathological process and restore the mobility of the knee.
Physiotherapy exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint of the 2nd degree aims to optimize motor function during the period of remission. In addition to the complex of exercises in the LFK office, the patient is recommended to engage in physical therapy in the pool. Imitation of cycling, holding onto the handrails of the pool and the swimming style of the toad, are considered very effective exercises.
With severe knee pain, it is better to start training with static exercises. They create a certain load on muscle structures, but at the same time leave the joint itself motionless. And when the pain stops, you can start dynamic exercises, they can be combined with a knee massage.
Static exercises will help strengthen the muscles and ligaments of the knee joint.
Features of execution in arthrosis of the 3nd degree
Arthrosis of the 3rd degree is a rather severe pathology. In this case, the joint is almost completely destroyed, and the bone tissue undergoes significant changes. As a rule, it is no longer possible to suspend grade 3 arthrosis with conservative methods, and surgical intervention is necessary.
Physiotherapy exercises at this stage in the development of pathology should not be intense, since there is a risk of aggravating the situation.
In most cases, gymnastics with arthrosis of the knee joint is performed in the supine position. Simple exercises can be performed even if the disease is severe, complex exercises will be performed only in remission.
In the supine position, you can perform various exercises:
- bend and unbend the feet alternately without raising the legs;
- bending both legs at the knees to raise the pelvis;
- straighten bent at the knees;
- imitate cycling;
- perform crossing movements.
Perform this simple exercise at home to strengthen your leg muscles.
Swinging legs forward and upward can be performed from a supine position.
It is also recommended exercises from a sitting position on a chair – alternately raise your legs and hold them in a position perpendicular to the body.
From a standing position, swings with legs kicked to the side and forward. In this case, be sure to hold your hands on the back of the chair.
Despite the fact that therapeutic exercises for knee arthrosis is one of the most effective procedures for restoring maneuverability and improving the supply of joints with nutrients and microelements, you should consult a specialist before starting it, as there are some contraindications.
In the acute stage of the disease, exercise is completely contraindicated. For an acute period, a specialist develops a gentle set of exercises, and during a period of remission, you can exercise a little more intensively, but without fanaticism.
Patients with diagnosed arthrosis of the knee joint are prohibited from:
- lift weights;
- exert a strong load on the joint;
- stand in one place for a long time;
- lead a sedentary lifestyle;
- take too long walks;
- squatting for a long time.
With arthrosis of the knee joint above 2 degrees, you should refrain from lifting heavy objects.
Contraindications to therapeutic exercises for arthrosis of the knee joint are as follows:
- acute period of pathology;
- serious diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- blood diseases;
- any inflammatory process in the body;
- elevated temperature;
- the first few days after surgery;
- inguinal hernia;
- hernia of the white line of the abdomen.
Severe physical stress on the joints can lead to microtrauma of the cartilage tissue, and premature destruction of the cartilage. People who are not used to doing physical exercises are especially at risk, and their physical preparation does not correspond to the level of training in the gym. For the same reason, with arthrosis of the knee joint some types of fitness are prohibited – step aerobics, jumping, running, weightlifting.
Exercise therapy prevents the development of complications of arthrosis of the knee joint, and also actively contributes to the restoration of joint activity and prevents further pathological changes in bone tissue.
Walking on a bicycle will help improve blood circulation to the injured knee and promotes the regeneration of cartilage.
The therapeutic gymnastics program includes a large set of exercises, which is individually selected for each patient, taking into account his physical fitness, age and stage of the disease. With arthrosis, hatha yoga, pilates, and micromotion exercises are very useful. Only a qualified specialist can assess the condition of the joint, and prescribe optimal loads.
- 11.05.2019Symptoms of arthrosis of the knee
- 11.05.2019Deforming arthrosis of the knee
- 05.05.2019Injections for arthrosis of the knee
- 05.05.2019Alflutop for arthrosis of the knee
Therapeutic physical training for arthrosis of the knee: exercises, the rules for their implementation
Degenerative diseases of the joints are now the most common violation of the osteo-motor system. The number of cases especially increases with age: by the 60 age, every third person suffers from arthrosis. And the knee joint is the most susceptible to the disease, since it accounts for the greatest burden. Gradually, the destruction of cartilage tissue in the articular cavity leads to the fact that the heads of the bones also begin to break down. This causes pain in any movement, so patients try not to step on a sore leg. Helps to regain the relative freedom of movement therapeutic exercise in case of osteoarthritis of the knee joint. It will be effective only if the exercises are performed correctly.
Features of treatment of arthrosis
This pathology is characterized by degenerative processes in the articular cartilage. With age, this tissue loses water and becomes thinner. Because of this, the articular cartilage in the knee becomes fragile and begins to break down. He is no longer able to perform his amortization properties normally, so the heads of bones also suffer. To prevent further destruction of the joint and regain the ability to move, arthrosis must be treated at its initial stage. Only a doctor can prescribe the right set of therapeutic interventions. Usually it includes:
- drug treatment;
Objectives of exercise therapy for arthrosis
Moderate physical activity is very important for any diseases of the joints. Special exercises help to increase blood circulation, stimulate the processes of self-healing of the joints and prevent the development of complications. If you exercise regularly, physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee 2 degree can restore knee mobility. And at the beginning of the development of pathology, exercise therapy is able to completely return the joint to its function.
When a knee hurts, a person instinctively tries to move less. This affects the general condition of the patient, the health of his heart and blood vessels. And because of this, the functions of the knee joint deteriorate further. It turns out a vicious circle from which it is possible to exit only with the help of therapeutic gymnastics.
Why is physiotherapy useful for osteoarthritis of the knee joint?
Photos of exercises performed by sick people show that people of any age can practice. Even in the advanced stage of osteoarthritis, dosed exercise will only benefit. Regular gymnastics has the following effect on the sore joint:
- activates blood circulation and metabolic processes;
- returns freedom of movement in the joint;
- relieves muscle spasms;
- improves the condition of the ligaments, which helps to increase the joint gap;
- prevents the development of contractures;
- reduces pain;
- improves the patient’s quality of life and his physical activity.
Features of exercise therapy at different stages of the disease
Physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee joint should be different depending on the severity of the disease. Such loads are useful for all patients: exercise bike, swimming, yoga, walking on a treadmill or using a stepper. The strength and intensity of the load should depend on the stage of the disease.
- Physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee 1 degree is designed to improve blood flow, relieve muscle spasms and prevent the restriction of joint mobility. At this stage of development of the disease, you can perform intensive movements. They will help restore the function of the muscular-ligamentous apparatus.
- Physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee 3 degree, when the bone tissue has already begun to deteriorate, should include less vigorous exercise. They are designed to improve the blood supply of the joint, lymph flow, and relax the muscles around the problem area.
Physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee joint will be useful only if the exercises prescribed by the doctor are used, and when they are followed several rules are observed:
- you must begin to engage under the supervision of a specialist in the office of physical therapy;
- workouts should be regular;
- load should be increased gradually, starting with 10 minutes per day;
- classes need to start in remission;
- all exercises are performed slowly and smoothly;
- even if only one knee hurts, it is necessary to load both joints equally;
- Effective exercise therapy will be, if you do at least 40 minutes a day, you can divide this time into two or three approaches;
- the exercise is repeated from 4 times at the beginning to 10 times;
- Every 10 exercise minutes you need to give your knees a rest: lie on your back, stretch your legs and relax.
What is forbidden in case of arthrosis
Some patients believe that if exercise therapy is useful, then you need to do it as hard as possible. But such an approach can lead to disability. There are certain limitations that apply to the gym in this disease. Patients need to remember that you can not:
- prevent the occurrence of pain in the joint when performing exercises;
- engage during an exacerbation of the disease;
- perform sharp movements in the knee joint;
- step on the knee;
- squat a lot.
Exercises in the prone position
Most often, with arthrosis, the lesson is held in a prone position. The simplest exercises are done even in severe cases of the disease. More complex – only during the period of remission at the first stage of its development. Physiotherapy exercises for deforming arthrosis of the knee joint may include such exercises:
- alternately bend the foot without lifting the legs;
- simultaneously bend both legs and raise the pelvis;
- bend your knees, alternately straighten one, then the other;
- while inhaling, simultaneously raise both arms and one leg;
- mimic kicking a bike;
- perform cross-leg movements with straight legs.
There are also effective exercises from the prone position. You can swing your legs up, back and forth. If you roll over on your stomach, you can bend the legs at the knees, lift the straight legs, dilute them to the side or lift the upper part of the body.
Exercises standing and sitting on a chair
In the period of remission, sessions sitting on a chair are also added. And with a mild course of the disease, on the recommendation of a doctor, you can add exercises while standing.
- Sitting on a chair you need to raise the legs alternately, keeping them in position perpendicular to the body. Sticking to a chair with your hands, raise both legs, bending their knees. You can add this exercise: get up and sit on a chair, helping yourself with your hands. All other types of squats with arthrosis are not recommended.
- From a standing position, the legs are usually kicked to the side, back and forth. In this case, you need to stick to the back of the chair with your hands.
Approximate complex exercise therapy
Physical therapy for osteoarthritis of the knee joint should train the muscular-ligamentous apparatus, without straining the joint. It is very important to strengthen the muscles of the legs, thighs and buttocks. Types of exercises and features of their implementation depend on the severity of the disease. All of them are selected individually. Often the following complex is recommended for patients in the exercise therapy room:
- lying on your stomach, lift straight legs;
- lift bent knee;
- exercise “swallow”;
- lying on your s >
Therapeutic physical training for arthrosis of the knee joint according to Bubnovsky
There is also a special complex, which has recently received more and more positive reviews. Dr. Bubnovsky developed a special technique that allows for a short time to recover from this disease. Apply such exercises can only be under the supervision of a specialist. If they are done incorrectly, they can aggravate the course of the disease. In the system of Bubnovsky there are such exercises:
- kneeling, sit on your heels and sit like that until 2 minutes;
- from lying on your back or sitting, you need to pull the sock of each leg towards you as much as possible;
- holding a chair or a wall, slowly squat, with your knees apart so that the joint forms a right angle.