Arthritis of the shoulder joint is diagnosed and treated by a qualified health professional. Pathology manifests itself in various forms and types, the causes of which can be a number of provoking factors. Untreated forms will lead to immobility of the shoulder joint, which is to prevent loss of functionality, at the first sign you need to go through a doctor’s examination.
Pathogenesis of shoulder arthritis
The disease is more common in older people, although cases are not excluded at a young age. Statistics note that residents of Europe and America suffer from this pathology much more often than the Central Asian population. Recently, there has been a trend towards an increase in mass morbidity.
The disease itself is a fairly common articular pathology among a human population. Inflammatory processes that occur for various reasons lead to significant changes in motor capabilities.
The connection of the scapula and humerus with a movable joint is anatomically arranged as the most mobile joint. With the help of the shoulder connection, a person has the ability to move his hands in various directions:
- take the upper limb to the side;
- move your hand forward and backward;
- describe a circle in the air.
Deprivation of functionality carries with it great limitations. Disabling the shoulder does not allow you to perform basic actions necessary to service yourself.
The disease is based on the processes of destruction of joint tissues and their inflammation due to a violation of the normal functioning of the immune system. A certain malfunction in the body causes cells that must protect the body to destroy their own tissues, revealing them as a foreign protein.
This process of self-destruction leads to inflammation of the synovial cells, and subsequently to damage to the blood vessels. The joint is destroyed and deformed, the cartilage becomes thin, bone tissue loses its structure, damage to the tendons and ligaments is imposed, resulting in ankylosis.
How is the pathology manifested?
The insidiousness of the disease lies in the asymptomatic initial stage. The appearance of pronounced signs signals the transition of the process to a serious stage. According to the development of pathology, arthritis can be divided into several degrees:
- The process that appears causes little discomfort with a heavy load, painful sensations appear with prolonged movement, but when a person rests, his shoulder calms down. A joint may respond to changing weather with mild aching pain.
- The next stage is characterized by progressive changes in the structure of the cartilage, while when moving the arm up, a person can hear a loud click. The pain becomes constant of varying intensity. Big feels that he can’t make sweeping movements.
- With a protracted process, the shoulder joint is visually deformed. The pain is getting stronger. The motor function is lost, a person tries to take a forced position. The general condition worsens, weakness and fatigue appear.
The following provoking factors may cause the onset and development of painful processes in the shoulder joint:
- strong concussions and emerging microtraumas after mechanical damage in most cases lead to this disease;
- exposure to cold temperature, which leads to hypothermia of the shoulder;
- professions that are associated with a heavy load on the joint or monotonous numerous movements, such as builders, finishers, loaders, workers in engineering and other factories;
- Amateurs and professional athletes spending a lot of time in training: weightlifting, basketball, throwing a core, volleyball;
- disorders of autoimmune processes;
- infectious diseases giving a complication;
- predisposition to the disease from ancestors;
- allergic manifestations against the background of a weakened body.
What is the disease?
Medical specialists classify pathology into types and forms. Arthritis of the shoulder joint is of several types, depending on the course of the disease:
- Osteoarthritis is a type of disease in which the destructive effect of pathology is aimed at deformation and loss of functional activity. Dystrophic cartilage and bone heads prevent the joint from moving normally, smooth surfaces rub against each other, causing pain and creaking sounds. Osteoarthritis is more often affected by people after the age of fifty, with hard work, as well as athletes.
- Post-traumatic arthritis in the shoulder appears some time after mechanical damage to the tissues of the joint capsule. The smallest microcrack will respond with an inflammatory response. The cause can be any injury from a fracture to a slight fall.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – a type of pathology that develops as a result of a malfunction in the immune system, may appear primarily due to an unexplained etiology, or as a complicated condition, more often after infections. Arthritis of the shoulder joint of a rheumatoid nature is characterized by the development of polyarthritis, in which the joints of both shoulders are involved.
The treatment of this type of pathology will be long, it should be carried out only under the supervision of the attending physician. Incorrect actions carried out independently can adversely affect human health.
A serious complication of any type of brachial arthritis can be the appearance of suppuration in the joint. This condition develops when a secondary infection is attached and is very dangerous for the patient. Therapeutic actions are initially aimed at destroying the focus and the speedy removal of purulent contents.
Each of the types of the disease takes place in two forms, constantly progressing in its development:
- The acute course is due to a single case. The disease appears suddenly, more often as a complication after the underlying disease. The symptoms of the acute form are supplemented by the characteristic symptoms of inflammation: the sore shoulder swells, the skin on the joint turns red and becomes hot, acute jerking pain accompanies the entire illness.
- The chronic form is a consequence of age-related changes affecting the joint. The degeneration process is slow, so this form occurs with mild symptoms and leads to irreversible consequences.
The doctor who confirmed the diagnosis should be involved in the preparation of a set of therapeutic measures. Drug treatment begins with the use of NSAIDs that eliminate pain and the inflammatory process. Such drugs include: Dicotfenac, Indomethacin, Movalis.
Medicines can be used as tablets or injections, as well as as part of ointments and gels (Voltaren, Ibuprofen, Dolobene). Local remedies act through the skin, directly on the sore part of the joint. Ointments not only eliminate pain, but also remove puffiness and relieve inflammation.
In chronic osteoarthritis, the use of chondroprotectors is logical. Don, Alflutop, Teraflex do not allow the joint to collapse, with constant use they slowly restore the structure of tissues. They are used in various forms: tablets, solutions for intramuscular or intraarticular administration.
Physiotherapeutic procedures, the use of magnetic therapy devices, a massage course and therapeutic exercises additionally accelerate the healing process. With the implementation of recommendations and clear coherence with the doctor in the first stage, you can achieve excellent results.
Recognize the ailment is possible only by a qualified doctor. Anamnesis and analysis of the symptoms that appear allows you to get an initial picture of the disease. Confirm the assumptions will help the appointment of the necessary examinations:
- a blood test confirms inflammation in the body by ESR;
- X-ray and ultrasound of the joint will show changes in the joint bag;
- synovial fluid examination;
- Magnetic resonance imaging.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency. But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of this medication.