Arthritis is an inflammatory disease that primarily affects small joints. Therefore, the defeat of this disease of the hands is a common occurrence. Many people think that curved thickened fingers are a sign of old age. But arthritis of the hands can appear at any age. After all, this disease is caused in most cases by infection. If several joints are affected, they speak of the development of polyarthritis.
A feature of inflammation of the joints of the fingers of the fingers is that the disease progresses rapidly and leads to complete immobility of the hand. The patient loses not only working capacity, but also the ability to serve himself in ordinary life. Therefore, the main thing is to timely detect the disease and begin its treatment. If you follow all the recommendations of a doctor, you can stop the destruction of the joints.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency. But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of this medication.
- Why does arthritis of the hands develop
- How is the disease manifested
- Arthritis Classification
- Features of treatment
- What medicines are used
- Physiotherapy and exercise therapy
- Folk methods
- Preventive measures
- The consequences of arthritis of the fingers
- Arthritis Hand Treatment
- Symptoms of arthritis of the hands:
- Treatment for the first stage of arthritis of the hands in the period of exacerbation
- Therapeutic measures for remission (second stage of arthritis)
- Arthritis Stage Three – Joint Disruption
- Examples of healing exercises
- Physiotherapy at home
- Folk remedies for the treatment of arthritis
- Herbal medicine for arthritis
- Video – Treating Arthritis, How to Treat Arthritis
- Video – Arthritis of the hands: causes and treatment
- Arthritis of the hands and fingers: treatment with folk remedies
- What baths and compresses to apply?
- Effective means for oral administration
- Herbal recipes
- Hand remedies for arthritis
- Symptoms and causes of arthritis
- Will folk remedies help with arthritis of the hands?
- Compresses in the folk treatment of arthritis
- Folk recipes for medicinal tinctures
Why does arthritis of the hands develop
People after 50 years are most susceptible to inflammatory joint diseases, because at this time metabolic processes slow down, blood circulation is disturbed, cartilage wears out. Most often, women suffer from arthritis, which is associated with hormonal disruptions and a large load on the fingers.
At risk are people with bad habits, leading the wrong lifestyle or having excess weight. Not the last role in the development of the disease has a hereditary predisposition. In addition, finger arthritis is considered a professional disease of seamstresses, jewelers, tennis players, people working on a computer.
All this leads to malnutrition of the cartilage, microtrauma of the joints and the development of inflammation. And such factors can provoke it:
- injuries – bruises, fractures, sprains;
- low immunity;
- large physical stress on the joints;
- allergic reactions;
- operative interventions;
- tuberculosis, streptococcal tonsillitis, tonsillitis, flu or SARS;
- gout, rheumatism, diabetes mellitus, psoriasis, sexually transmitted diseases.
How is the disease manifested
To start treatment on time, you need to know the symptoms of arthritis well. They differ slightly in different forms of the disease, but there are common signs. If you see a doctor when the first symptoms appear, inflammation can be quickly removed and bone destruction can be prevented.
- The main symptom of arthritis of the hands is pain. At first it appears only in the morning and passes after a while. Patients describe it as an ache in the fingers. Sometimes a tingling sensation or burning sensation may appear. Over time, the pain becomes stronger, disturbs during any physical exertion, and at rest, even at rest.
- Other characteristic symptoms of arthritis are stiffness in movement, especially in the morning. Unlike arthrosis, it disappears after the development of fingers or massage. Sometimes, when you move your fingers, a creak is heard.
- The last sign of inflammatory joint damage is a change in appearance. The fingers swell, the skin stretches and becomes hot. Affected areas turn red. Sometimes under the skin visible seals – nodules. In the last stage, the joints are completely deformed, and the fingers are bent.
- In addition, other symptoms are possible: fever, chills, weakness, insomnia.
Finger arthritis can be acute or chronic. Acute more often occurs when an infection enters the joint cavity. The chronic course of the disease occurs after injuries, with metabolic disorders or in people whose hands are subjected to increased stress.
If one joint is inflamed, they speak of ordinary arthritis, but almost all the small joints of the fingers are usually affected on the hands. This is the so-called polyarthritis.
In addition, several types of disease are distinguished, depending on the cause of its occurrence.
- infectious – when bacteria enter the joint cavity;
- exchange – with the deposition of salts;
- rheumatoid – in the presence of autoimmune pathologies;
- post-traumatic – arising from a long-standing injury;
- risartritis – the so-called disease that affects only the thumb.
Features of treatment
Such a disease requires a mandatory visit to a doctor. Only after diagnostic procedures and determining the cause of the inflammatory process can the correct treatment be prescribed. The prognosis of recovery depends on the patient’s efforts. It is necessary not only to apply the treatment methods prescribed by the doctor, but also to make changes to your lifestyle:
- reduce the burden on the fingers, you may even have to change professional activities;
- it is impossible to make sharp movements with a brush, to lift weights;
- need to get enough sleep;
- the diet recommended by the doctor must be strictly observed;
- you must drink at least 1,5-2 liters of water every day;
- in addition to the therapy prescribed by the doctor, you can treat the disease with folk remedies.
What medicines are used
In most cases, it is necessary to treat arthritis with the use of special medications. You can not choose them yourself, guided by advertising or the advice of friends. All medicines are prescribed by a doctor, depending on the nature of the inflammatory process, the type of arthritis, stage of the disease. Usually several groups of drugs are used.
- In the acute course of the disease and in order to relieve pain during exacerbation of chronic arthritis, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Ketonal, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin and other drugs reduce swelling and pain. Additionally, ointments with the same effect are used: “Dolgit”, “Fastum gel” and others. They have fewer side effects, and unlike tablets, they can be consumed for a long time. But all these drugs do not treat, but only relieve symptoms.
- In the last stages of the disease, drugs that restore cartilage are needed. These are medicines that contain chondroitin and glucosamine. You need to take them for a long time, because the joints of the hands are restored slowly.
- Pathological processes in the joint cavity often occur due to insufficient nutrition and blood supply to tissues. Therefore, drugs that dilate blood vessels are prescribed. Most often, these are injections of Trental, Actovegil or Teonikol.
- Purulent or infectious arthritis is treated with antibiotics only. Penicillins or macrolides are prescribed. Often used funds from other groups. The new drug “Minocycline” is very effective in relieving inflammation and killing bacteria. The instruction notes that it affects the tissues of the joint, helping them recover.
- To maintain the patient’s immune system and enrich the body with nutrients, vitamin complexes, preparations with calcium and thiamine, brewer’s yeast and plant-based dietary supplements are used.
- In the most severe cases, intra-articular injections of corticosteroids, such as Cortisone, are used. If another treatment is ineffective, antimalarial or antitumor drugs, such as Methotrexate, may be prescribed.
Physiotherapy and exercise therapy
Hand arthritis treatment should be comprehensive. In addition to tablets and ointments, physiotherapeutic methods are necessarily used:
- paraffin treatment;
- mud applications.
A very important place in the treatment of arthritis is therapeutic gymnastics. It needs to be done regularly. For example, such exercises: rolling the ball with the palm of your hand, clenching your fingers into a fist, raising your fingers one at a time, sorting out the rosary and others. The main thing is that gymnastics does not cause pain and helps to cope with stiffness in movements.
In the complex treatment of the disease, alternative treatment is often used. There are many methods: rubbing, compresses, ointments for joints, but you can apply them after consulting a doctor.
- Compresses can be made from grated onions, cabbage leaf, wormwood broth, mashed potatoes or clay.
- Sore joints are rubbed with mint leaves, tincture of green chestnut peel, fir oil or a mummy solution.
- Finger arthritis is easily treated with folk remedies, because for these joints it’s easy to make healing baths. They add turpentine, St. John’s wort essential oil, a decoction of poplar leaves or apple cider vinegar.
It is believed that arthritis should be treated throughout life. During remissions, when tablets are not taken and ointments are not used, certain rules must be adhered to.
- Diet is very important for the prevention of exacerbations of the inflammatory process. It is necessary to exclude salt, fatty and spicy foods, sorrel, onions, and eggplant from the diet.
- You need to lead a healthy lifestyle: give up bad habits, get enough sleep and exercise.
- Exacerbations can be prevented by folk remedies: drink decoctions of currant leaves, birch buds, horseradish root, thistle juice.
- Reduce the load on the hands and avoid hypothermia.
The consequences of arthritis of the fingers
In the case when the disease develops in the elderly or after an injury, the main unpleasant consequence is the bending of the fingers and deformation of the hand. This leads to loss of performance and disability of the patient. It is also dangerous when arthritis becomes chronic. In this case, pain occurs periodically, and the process of destruction of bone tissue proceeds unnoticed.
Only timely treatment can stop the progression of the disease. Serious complications are possible with the transition of arthritis to the last stage. In this case, not only joints are affected, but also the nervous system, blood vessels, and kidneys.
It is believed that arthritis cannot be completely cured. But with a timely visit to a doctor and the implementation of all his recommendations, you can maintain efficiency and reduce the frequency of seizures. In the fight against this disease, it is very important that the patient constantly takes care of the health of his joints.
Arthritis Hand Treatment
There is a misconception that “twisted” joints of the hands are one of the signs of old age. In fact, these are manifestations of a serious disease – arthritis, which young people can become victims of.
Arthritis is an inflammatory process of the joints that can occur due to infections, injuries, adverse working conditions or against the backdrop of other ailments (rheumatism, psoriasis, tuberculosis, systemic lupus erythematosus, brucellosis, hepatitis, gonorrhea, etc.).
Arthritis Hand Treatment
Hands are one of the most vulnerable places for arthritis, because they are often prone to hypothermia, overload, and injury. One in seven people on the planet suffers from joint inflammation. Moreover, women suffer from this disease three times more often than the stronger sex.
Today, arthritis is considered an incurable pathology. But with timely complex therapy, it is possible to suspend the development of the disease and extend the periods of remission as much as possible. Therefore, when the first signs of the disease appear, you need to seek qualified medical help.
Symptoms of arthritis of the hands:
- – frequent lingering pains after waking up;
- – after immobility, lethargy and stiffness in movements;
- – constant malaise, fatigue;
- – pathological changes in the joints, the appearance of nodules under the skin;
- – creakiness of joints during movements;
- – numbness and tingling in the fingers – a sign of rheumatoid arthritis;
- – acute pain, swelling in the joints, fever, speak of an acute form of arthritis.
Symptoms depend on the form (chronic or acute) and how long the disease lasts.
Home treatment is relevant only in the period of remission. It will help reduce the frequency and form of exacerbations, because in the fight against arthritis, the main thing is purposefulness and a desire to recover from the patient himself.
Treatment for the first stage of arthritis of the hands in the period of exacerbation
X-ray confirming arthritis of the hands of the patient
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are taken (in the form of ointments, tablet powders, injections). Often prescribed:
- – Indomethacin – relieves inflammation, fever, acts as an analgesic. It is available in the form of ointments (relieve swelling and pain), tablets and injections. The effect of treatment is felt after 7 days of administration. The dosage is prescribed individually (75-150 ml per day), with prolonged treatment, the maximum dose is 25 ml three times a day. The drug can cause side effects from the digestive tract.
- – Acetylsalicylic acid – reduces pain, body temperature, has an anti-inflammatory effect. Available in tablet form. It is taken after meals 2 to 5 times in 24 hours, washed down with mineral water or milk. The maximum dose is up to 8 g. With prolonged use, the risk of side effects increases. People with blood diseases should consult a doctor before taking it.
- – Ibuprofen is an antipyretic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic drug. Release form: capsules, tablets, suspensions, dragees. It is used 3-4 times a day for 200-800 ml, the maximum dose is 2,4 g per day. May affect the gastrointestinal tract, central nervous system and cause allergic reactions.
- – Diclofenac – has the same action as previous medicines. Relieves pain during movements, swelling, stiffness. It can be used in the form of tablets, injection of candles. The maximum dose is 150 mg.
Antibiotics are prescribed in case of infectious arthritis and are selected individually.
Before starting medication, read the instructions and follow the instructions.
Therapeutic measures for remission (second stage of arthritis)
Arthritis Stage Two – X-ray
During the improvement of well-being, a whole range of preventive procedures is needed.
Acceptance of chondroprotectors – drugs that protect joints from further degenerative processes, and restore previously damaged cartilage tissue. The course of treatment is 2-3 months 2 times a year. Chondroprotectives are effective only in the early stages of the disease.
- Regular physical therapy exercises.
- Dietary nutrition: it is recommended to introduce into the daily diet foods rich in vitamins, especially E and D and antioxidants (sunflower seeds, sprouted wheat, walnuts, almonds, liver, beets, eggplant, oranges, Brussels sprouts, bell peppers, green tea, grapes, etc. .).
- Physiotherapy and massage – heating, electrophoresis, magnetotherapy are very effective.
- Engage in general body strengthening: taking vitamin-mineral complexes, preventive measures to improve blood circulation and strengthen the nervous system.
It is also recommended to avoid overloading the fingers. But you still need to develop joints. For this, in addition to charging, you can try to sort out the rosary for an hour every day.
Arthritis Stage Three – Joint Disruption
Arthritis Stage Three
This is the worst case scenario for arthritis, which is easier to prevent than to treat surgically. But nevertheless, you need to perfectly follow the recommendations of a specialist, engage in physical therapy, not lift heavy and take care of your fingers.
Examples of healing exercises
- Sit on a chair in front of the table, put your hand so that the elbow also lies on the table. And start gently drumming your fingers on countertops. Do this exercise several times a day, the longer the better.
- Squeeze and unclench fists with force 5 times each.
- Try to compress the expander for 5-10 minutes.
- Fold your fingers together and try to reach them to the base of the palm.
- All exercises need to be done in 3-4 approaches during the day. If you feel sharp pain at first while charging, try to complete the complex (except for the first exercise) while taking a bath. Warm water will relax the muscles and relieve swelling.
Physiotherapy at home
If it is not possible to go to the clinic for physical procedures, you can try paraffin treatment at home. During the procedure, paraffin freezes, squeezing a slightly affected area of the body and warming it.
For treatment, you will need to melt a piece of paraffin (you can use several paraffin candles) in a water bath at t 60-65 C. Cool to the desired temperature. With a cotton swab or brush, apply paraffin to a sore spot with a layer of at least 1 cm. After that, cover this area with polyethylene and wrap it with a blanket. The procedure lasts from 30 to 60 minutes, after each session an hour of rest is needed. Paraffin treatment is taken every other day. Need 10-30 sessions. If both hands are affected, you will need outside help.
Folk remedies for the treatment of arthritis
Folk remedies for the treatment of arthritis
Well-known folk recipes for rubbing and compresses.
- ─ Mix equal amounts of white oil and sunflower oil. Rub your hands over the resulting mixture overnight.
- ─ 2 tbsp. tablespoons grated dry bark of bird cherry pour 250 ml of vodka. Let it brew for a week. Finished tincture rub the sore spot in the morning and evening.
- ─ 2-3 green peel of chestnut fruit insist on 1 liter of vodka 3-4 weeks. Use as a grind.
- ─ 3 tablespoons of poplar leaves and buds, boil for five minutes in a liter of water. Let it brew for 4 hours. Dilute with warm water and make a hand bath (30 min). Repeat every day for 2 weeks.
- ─ Get the essential oils of calendula or hypericum from a pharmacy. They are added to a warm hand bath. The procedure is carried out 15-20 minutes daily.
- ─ You can use a white cabbage leaf as a lotion. Beat it until the juice is secreted and attach it to the diseased joint.
- ─ Insist a spoonful of wormwood for 30 minutes on a glass of boiling water. Use a decoction for compresses.
- ─ Fresh peppermint (leaves) rub the problem area for arthritis.
- ─ Grate onions to a state of gruel, put on a joint affected by arthritis for 30-40 minutes. To do several times a day.
- ─ 2 tbsp. tablespoons thistle herb pour 250 ml of boiling water. Use for lotions and compresses.
Herbal medicine for arthritis
Horseradish decoction. As an analgesic for joint pain, horseradish decoction is taken. 0,5 kg of horseradish needs 2 liters of water. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Cool and strain. Add 250 g of honey. Drink 250 g of broth per day.
Thistle. Freshly thistled thistle juice is taken in 1 tsp three times a day.
Currant. Pour a teaspoon of crushed dry leaves of currant with a glass of boiling water. Brew for 5 minutes. Drink tea several times a day.
Video – Treating Arthritis, How to Treat Arthritis
Video – Arthritis of the hands: causes and treatment
Arthritis of the hands and fingers: treatment with folk remedies
If a person has arthritis of the fingers, he will definitely need treatment with folk remedies. Such therapy will effectively get rid of the symptoms of the disease. In addition, recipes from the past will not harm the body, as they are based on natural ingredients.
What baths and compresses to apply?
There are a huge number of external drugs to treat arthritis of the joints. This list includes the use of bathtubs, rubbing and compresses. Applications and baths with clay are very effective. Green and blue clay are best suited for such procedures, since they effectively relieve inflammation, have an analgesic effect, and also relieve swelling well. You can use bathtubs with salted water and clay, as well as special applications. They are made in this way: they put clay cakes on the affected area, cover them with a plastic bag and wool. Keep a similar application for 3 hours.
An important point is to thoroughly wash off the clay and not apply it a second time.
Fir oil, which is used for baths, will also help cure arthritis. The method of treatment is suitable for people suffering from pain in the hands. To carry out such a procedure, it is necessary to pour non-hot water into the basin, add 7-8 drops of oil there and immerse your hands. In this position, you need to sit for 12 minutes, remove your hands and rub fir oil diluted with a neutral cosmetic cream (1: 1) into the affected joints. The course of such therapy is 10 to 14 days. In a chronic disease, you will need to carry out such baths throughout the year.
A bath of sage will help to relieve inflammation. Required to take 20 tbsp. l dried herbs, add 5 l of boiled water, leave for 2 hours, then strain and pour into a warm bath. It is required to carry out such a procedure for 12 minutes daily, then take a break for 5 to 7 days and repeat bathing.
As lotions, use horseradish root and radish, which are used alternately. First, the affected areas must be greased with cream, grated horseradish applied to them, insulated with a gauze bandage, cotton wool and a plastic bag on top. You need to hold this compress for at least 3 hours. The next day, this procedure is carried out using radish. To enhance the effect, it is mixed with 15 g of salt, 150 g of honey and 100 g of vodka.
It is recommended to apply sea salt heated in the oven to the affected areas of the hands. Cotton wool is placed on top of the substance and cotton gloves are put on. Such a compress should be kept for 60 minutes, after which it will be necessary to grind the joints using fir oil (5 drops per arm). As a compress, oatmeal is used. They need to be boiled, cooled, soaked with a mixture of tissue, applied to the affected area. Place a film on top, then cotton wool and put on gloves too. Keep a lotion like this for an hour.
In addition, such recipes for compresses are also used:
- You need to take 4 tsp. knotweed, rose hips, birch leaves, pour 1 liter of boiled water and insist for 12 hours. After the specified time, add 4 tsp to the mixture. salt, mix thoroughly, saturate the gauze dressing with a decoction, put on the affected joints, insulate with a scarf and hold until the pain subsides. The duration of the course of therapy ends immediately after the disappearance of discomfort in the joints.
- It is required to take a leaf of burdock, put on it the crushed gruel of the plant and apply to the sore spot. Keeping such a compress is allowed for an hour, and then you need to change the lotion. The course of therapy is 2-3 times a day, 20 days.
- Take the leaves of a golden mustache, grind in a blender or in a meat grinder, then pour vodka (1: 1) and insist for 2 days. After this, it is required to apply the mass to the affected areas for 3 to 4 hours.
Such methods of treating finger joints effectively relieve pain and stop the inflammatory process.
Effective means for oral administration
The treatment of finger arthritis at home is often done by taking the medication inside. A drink made from calendula helps very well, since such a plant has an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effect. To prepare this tool, you need to take 2 tbsp. l flowers of the plant, brew them in a thermos and insist 15 minutes. To use the medicine is required 250 ml 3 times a day.
A drink made from dried lingonberry leaves is considered very useful. Requires to take 2 tbsp. l crushed plants, pour boiling water (0,5 l), boil for 15 minutes, then strain and take 3 times a day, 100-150 ml. Pumpkin milk provides good help in relieving arthritis. It is necessary to peel 20 seeds of the fetus, pour them with warm water (500 ml), insist 10 hours, and after swelling, strain the drug. Next, the seeds need to be killed in a blender and pour the gruel with milk. Then the mixture should be divided into 2 parts: take the first in the morning, and 2 – 3 hours after the evening meal – the second. Such therapy should last for 14 days, only make a fresh mixture daily.
In order for the arthritis of the hands to disappear, treatment should be carried out in parallel with the intake of vitamin food. For example, carrot and celery juice mixed in a 1: 1 ratio is very useful. Drink a drink is required 100 g three times a day for 30 – 45 minutes before a meal. It is considered useful to take chamomile tea. It is necessary to take 10 g of the flowers of the plant, pour 200 g of boiling water over them, leave to infuse for 35 minutes. Then the drink should be consumed three times a day for 10 g per reception.
Daily on an empty stomach it is recommended to drink water where potatoes were cooked. In addition, you can eat 2 raw potatoes, but after rubbing them. Very useful is tincture of garlic. It is required to take 5 medium heads of vegetable, peel, grind, and then pour 0,5 liters of vodka. This mixture should be put in a warm and dark place for 10-12 days. After the specified time is allowed to take tincture 30 minutes before eating. Multiplicity of admission – three times a day.
Another therapeutic drug is based on the fruits of mountain ash. Required to take 1 tbsp. l berries, pour them with boiled water and insist for 30 minutes. Use the medicine should be 3-4 times a day for 0,5 cups.
Another remedy is made from pine buds. It is necessary to take 1 tsp. such a substance, pour 500 ml of boiled water, leave for 2 hours, then strain and drink 3 times a day for 1 tbsp. l Such a drug accelerates metabolism, has a good anti-inflammatory effect.
A tasty and healthy remedy is lemon, honey and celery root. It is required to take 0,5 kg of fruit, the same amount of celery, then chop them in a blender, add 500 g of beekeeping product. The mass needs to be mixed, put in a refrigerator, and after 4 to 6 days, the medicine is allowed to be eaten 3 times a day for 1 tbsp. l
How to treat finger arthritis with herbs? There are a large number of therapeutic methods based on the use of medicinal plants:
- You need to take thyme, hops, wheatgrass root, burdock, juniper, clover and rosemary grass. This collection is placed in a liter bottle, filled with vodka, put in a dark place, insisted for 10 – 12 days. Apply rubbing agent.
- It takes 6 g of dandelion herb pour a glass of warm water, put on low heat, boil for 10 minutes. Then you need to leave the drug so that it is infused for 24 hours. Consume 5 g 30 minutes before a meal.
- It is necessary to mix the grass of Veronica, succession, the root of the wheatgrass, burdock, grass of violet tricolor (4: 4: 4: 5: 6), pour the components of 200 g of boiled water. After this, the drug is placed in a water bath for 15 minutes, and then filtered and taken in 250 ml daily.
Folk recipes will help to effectively relieve arthritis of the joints of the fingers, but we note that before using them, you need to consult a specialist. The attending physician must approve one or another drug.
Hand remedies for arthritis
Among the methods of treating hand arthritis, traditional medicine is one of the important approaches to getting rid of an insidious disease affecting the joints. The fact is that along with the use of official therapy (painkillers, anti-inflammatory pills, physiotherapy, etc.), it is sometimes convenient and useful to use non-traditional recipes at home. They are practically harmless, simple, affordable. Yes, in terms of effectiveness, they can not be compared with medicines from a pharmacy, but they do not have side effects.
Symptoms and causes of arthritis
To treat hand arthritis, it is important to understand the causes of its occurrence and form of manifestation. So, arthritis of the hands, elbow joints, fingers is an inflammatory disease that affects the cartilage and adjacent tissue. The etiology of the disease is being clarified by the medical community, to date, the following causes have been identified:
- Infectious diseases;
- Problems in the exchange system;
- Injuries of varying degrees;
- Weak immunity, etc.
Symptoms of arthritis of the hands may be similar to other diseases, therefore, to clarify the diagnosis, it is necessary to undergo a full examination by a doctor and take tests. No need to diagnose yourself and conduct self-medication without consulting your doctor! Bright signs of arthritis of the hands are acute pain, stiffness during flexion, inflammation, swelling of muscle trophism and periarticular tissues. At the last stage of the disease, deformities occur.
Will folk remedies help with arthritis of the hands?
After making a diagnosis with a doctor, prescribing a course of taking medications, and possibly a course of physiotherapy, it will not be superfluous to try traditional medicine recipes. Not every of our residents has the opportunity to visit private clinics, and even state ones, standing idle time queues; not everyone can afford to buy expensive medicines – then unconventional recipes come to the rescue, which used to be traditional and familiar to the population until the 20th century.
And in general, the tendency of public consciousness in recent years began to boil down to the fact that the achievements of modern medicine are undoubtedly good, but old, almost forgotten folk recipes based on herbs, honey, minerals are much more useful and safer. They do not have chemistry deposited in the joints, the liver, affecting the mucous membrane of the pancreas. We do not urge to abandon drugs from the pharmacy: they are necessary for exacerbation, but as an addition, why not try this or that prescription for arthritis of the hands, which has already helped many patients.
Of course, we urge you to consult a doctor so as not to harm. For example, if you are allergic to certain types of plants used in folk remedies, a doctor or phytotherapist may suggest an alternative to the selected prescription.
Compresses in the folk treatment of arthritis
The most important way to treat hand arthritis is with compresses. There are thousands of variations, we will share several recipes. Regardless of the active components, the procedure itself is as follows: the specified therapeutic substance is taken, applied to the patient’s elbow, hands, wrapped on top of a plastic film, and in the end, preferably woolen fabric to fix and prevent joint cooling.
A honey compress is prepared quite simply. It will take 1 tablespoon of natural honey, the same amount of mustard powder and sunflower oil. Mix, slightly warm to 30 degrees. Apply several times a day. This compress nourishes articular tissue and fights arthritis pain syndromes.
Apple cider vinegar is often used in alternative medicine. So in the treatment of arthritis of the hands found its application. It well removes the stiffness of the affected fingers, elbow and shoulder joints, relieves soreness. A compress with this vinegar is prepared as follows: mix warm apple cider vinegar with cayenne pepper (taken on the tip of a knife), moisten a gauze cloth in it and apply to the joints for 10 minutes. Among other things, apple cider vinegar can be consumed with honey: a glass of water at room temperature, a spoonful of vinegar and taste honey (preferably liquid).
Turmeric is a rather outlandish plant for our climate, but among the seasonings on the grocery shelf you can easily find this useful mixture. From it you can cook something like medical paste for grinding joints. For example, this option: one teaspoon of turmeric (powder), a couple of drops of mustard oil. Mix, rub your fingers, allowing the paste to soak for 30-60 minutes, then rinse.
Turmeric is a wonderful antibacterial and antiseptic, therefore, with an infectious cause of arthritis, it will be especially useful. By the way, it can be used as a healing drink. A teaspoon of turmeric with honey in a mug of warm milk is a good additional way to fight inflammation in arthritis of the hands.
Folk recipes for medicinal tinctures
Since they started talking about internal methods of influencing the cause of arthritis of the joints, tinctures are really useful, significant, and sometimes tasty. Their effect is not as noticeable as external methods (compresses, grindings), but healthy nutrition is the fundamental building blocks of the whole body, and it is difficult to cure a person when there is not a proper set of vitamins, minerals, trace elements. It is noted that the following plants or natural components help with arthritis: honey, fir oil, burdock leaves, dandelion roots, chamomile, calendula, succession, bird cherry bark, sea salt, etc.
Tincture of bird cherry bark. Probably in almost every garden plot bird cherry grows. We need only 50 grams of this bark, which will have to be crushed for tincture of arthritis. Mix with alcohol or quality vodka (250 ml). Let it brew for at least 7-10 days, and then lubricate diseased joints.
Herbal tincture. You can either collect it yourself or buy in the pharmacy the herbs of clover (yellow or white), thyme (aka thyme), and wild rosemary. Mix in equal proportions, add a few juniper berries, hop cones and wheatgrass roots. It’s easy to get all the components in the whole post-Soviet space. Pour the contents up to half a 1 liter can or bottle, fill the remaining free space with alcohol or vodka. Allow to stand the same way for 7-10 days in a dark place, after which the rubbing agent for the joints with arthritis of the fingers or elbows is ready.
Tincture on dandelion ordinary. Probably, everyone knows that the growing ubiquitous bright yellow dandelion is a medicinal plant from flowers to roots. Today we will prepare a tincture from its roots. We cut them, pour 200 ml of boiling water, then we sweat in a water bath for about half an hour. Let cool and insist for another hour. Filter through a strainer, fill a glass with boiled water. This glass of dandelion tincture is enough for us three times during the day. We drink the drink on an empty stomach. The healing properties of dandelion will act as a catalyst for restoration processes within the cartilage tissue, remove excess salts (with gouty arthritis) from the body, thereby improving the flexibility and mobility of all joints.
Perhaps for today – everything with recipes of traditional medicine for arthritis of the hands. What is important to remember? That along with conservative treatment (it’s exactly alongside, as an addition, and not a contrast!) Unconventional methods are useful and desirable from getting rid of joint diseases. They will be adjuvant therapy along with physical education, normalization of healthy nutrition, medication, laser, shock wave therapy, orthopedics. Before using each remedy, find a specialist and / or doctor who will comment on the selected plants and natural components, preferably making an adjustment for the characteristics of your body.