Arthritis is called inflammatory joint disease. The statistics are depressing – more than 3% of patients become disabled. The disease is not spared either young or old. Among schoolchildren, for every 1000 students, one is ill.
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews.
I have been treating joints for many years. I can say with confidence that the joints are always treatable, even in the very ripe old age.
Hondrostrong is an innovative drug that is created to combat joint diseases. It helps with arthritis, arthrosis and other diseases. Thanks to the use of cream, joint mobility quickly returns. Damaged cartilage tissue is regenerated, which prevents the further development of the problem.
Our medical center was the first to receive certified access to the latest drug for osteochondrosis and joint pain - Hondrostrong. I confess to you when I heard about it for the first time, I just laughed, because I did not believe in its high efficiency. But I was amazed when we completed testing: 4567 people were completely cured of diseases of the organs of the musculoskeletal system, and this is more than 94% of all subjects. 5.6% felt significant improvement, and only 0.4% did not notice any improvement.
Hondrostrong cream allows you to forget about back and joint pain in the shortest possible time, literally from 4 days, and even very difficult cases can be cured within a couple of months. In addition, the manufacturer of this product is now offering a 50% discount of the full cost of this medication.
- Types and causes of arthritis
- Arthritis Risks
- Symptoms of Arthritis
- arthritis treatment
- First aid
- How to treat arthritis of the joints. Traditional medicine in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- The main causes of the disease
- Visit doctor
- Medical methods
- Folk remedies
- Sabelnik swamp
- Coniferous infusions
- Folk ointment
- Onion compress
- Warming bath
- Potato infusion
- Buttercup Compresses
- What is arthritis and how to treat it.
- By localization:
- The nature:
- Due to origin:
- Symptoms of Arthritis
- Degrees of development
- Arthritis and arthrosis
- What is joint arthritis: symptoms, diagnosis and treatment methods
- Arthritis – what is it?
- Types of joint inflammation
- Symptoms of the disease
- Methods of diagnosis
- Treatment: general principles
Types and causes of arthritis
There are more than one and a half hundred arthritis of different etiology and localization. It can be affected as one joint (monoarthritis), or several (polyarthritis).
Independent nosological forms of diseases are allocated in a separate group:
• rheumatoid arthritis or Sokolsky’s disease – Buino;
• ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis);
Joint inflammation is often associated with infection. Septic or infectious arthritis develops in patients with tuberculosis, brucellosis, syphilis, lacunar, follicular tonsillitis. The causative agents are pathogenic microbes: Koch’s tubercle bacillus, pale treponema (spirochete), gonococci, streptococci, staphylococci and other microorganisms. Conditionally pathogenic microflora can provoke inflammation.
Arthritis accompanies some noncommunicable diseases:
• Diseases of the digestive tract – Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis.
• Hypersensitive reactions – Shenlein-Genoch purple.
• Systemic lesions of connective tissue – hypogammaglobulinoma, ochronosis.
• Neoplasms – multiple myeloma, leukemia, malignant histiocytosis.
• Neuropathic arthropathies – Charcot, diabetic.
• Gout, its types – medicinal, lead and others.
In the spread of diseases, heredity plays a significant role. If arthritis was diagnosed in parents, the likelihood of a disease in the heirs increases significantly. The number of patients with complaints of joint pain increases sharply in the off-season – in spring and autumn. More often people are sick, hardened, with weakened immunity.
Joints temporarily hurt with flu, SARS. They can be infected in people with untreated carious teeth, chronic diseases of the nasopharynx. Microbes penetrate into the joint cavity with the flow of blood, lymph.
At risk are also:
• older people after 65 years, more often women are sick;
• people of manual labor – builders, movers;
• people whose profession is associated with hypothermia – builders, lumberjacks, railway workers, janitors.
Often, the disease itself contributes to the person himself. Overeating, little movement. As a result, extra pounds are gained, and the load on the joints of the back, lower limbs increases.
Before making a preliminary diagnosis, the doctor listens to the patient’s complaints, examines the diseased organ. Depending on the situation, prescribes one or more clinical, instrumental studies:
• bacterial analysis of intraarticular fluid to identify the causative agent of infection;
• MRI, CT (magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography).
Arthroscopy is used to diagnose large joints – a minimally invasive method for examining the intraarticular cavity with an arthroscope.
Symptoms of Arthritis
Symptoms of arthritis of various etiologies are largely similar. Signs of joint inflammation have been known since Hippocrates and Galen, these are:
• pain in the joint and nearby tissues;
• swelling of tissues in the joint;
• limited mobility of varying degrees.
During arthritis, 3 stages are distinguished: acute, subacute, chronic. Acute arthritis is characterized by severe pain. Joint mobility is severely limited. The pain does not go away at rest, it grows in the second half of the night and in the morning. The joint is edematous. The skin above it turns red, it feels hot to the touch.
In severe forms of the disease, almost all articular structures are involved in the inflammatory process – ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bones, synovial membrane, fluid. Changes occur not only in the joint and surrounding tissues. The overall reactivity of the body decreases. The patient’s body temperature rises, the blood picture changes. With subacute arthritis, the symptoms are similar, but less pronounced.
In chronic pathology, the disease progresses gradually. Remissions of various durations are replaced by exacerbations. Pain occurs during exertion, prolonged walking. Joints “breaks”, “twists” with a sharp change in weather. Inflammatory changes occurring in the joint capsule, tendons, periarticular tissues lead to the development of contractures, subluxations. The joints are deformed, their mobility decreases sharply.
Arthritis treatment is complex, mostly conservative. Surgical intervention is possible in exceptional cases. Inflammatory diseases of the joints, the etiology of which is known or insufficiently studied, is treated according to the standard (allopathic) scheme, including:
• analgesics – for the relief of pain;
• NSAIDs – non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to eliminate edema, inflammation;
• glucocorticosteroids – in severe forms of the disease;
• antibiotics – for infection of the joints.
Each drug from the listed group has contraindications, a lot of side effects. For example, non-steroidal agents exacerbate the course of diseases of the stomach and intestines. Therefore, self-medication is dangerous. Reduce the dosage or cancel the medicine after temporary relief should not be, the disease may return.
Severe pain is relieved by blockade. In a hospital or on an outpatient basis, chipping of a sore spot is done with painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs of prolonged (long) action. Medicines in the form of a gel or ointment can be injected deep into the tissues completely painlessly using modern ultrasonic, laser devices.
The complex of therapeutic measures includes physiotherapy exercises (physical therapy), physiotherapeutic procedures, massage. Sanatorium treatment is indicated. Orthopedic bandages, belts, corsets are used to correct the joint. Pain during walking relieve canes, crutches. The treatment of secondary arthritis caused by other diseases is aimed at eliminating the underlying pathology. Along with the disease, pain and inflammation of the joints will go away.
Chronic patients know well what to do with an exacerbation of the disease. What to do if the pain first appeared. The mobility of the diseased organ should be limited. With tolerable pain and an apparently unchanged joint, heat can help:
• hot heating pad wrapped in cloth to prevent burns;
• ointments based on PNVP – orthophene, indomethacin, diclofenac and others;
• light rubbing propolis oil, propolis has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
If the joint is hot to the touch and swollen, you need a cold – a bubble, a heating pad with ice. In the absence of ice, a towel folded several times moistened with cold water is suitable. Cool the sore spot for no more than 15 minutes with a break of 2-3 hours for 2 days. Then thermal procedures follow.
How to treat arthritis of the joints. Traditional medicine in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
Every person in his life has come across older people who have disfigured joints. In most cases, old age is considered the main culprit. This is somewhat incorrect. What is capable of so terribly deforming joints? Of course, we will talk about arthritis. The inflammatory process seriously damages the joints. Can this be prevented? And how to treat arthritis? Let’s get it right.
This is an inflammatory disease that has a chronic form. Initially, one joint is affected. But in some cases, the disease can cover several at once. Most often, the ailment begins its path from the small joints of the hands or feet. However, there is also an initial lesion of the elbow, knee, temporomandibular, hip joints.
Unfortunately, a progressive illness leads to irreversible processes in the joints. The disease remains forever, gradually worsening the condition of the bones. Therefore, the question arises rather sharply: how to treat rheumatoid arthritis? After all, periodically, an ailment makes itself felt by various exacerbations.
The patient reacts quite sharply to injuries, hypothermia, climatic conditions, stress, physical activity, and infections. In the process of the disease, internal organs are also affected. This is usually the kidneys, blood vessels, heart, nervous system, lungs. Complications arise at any stage of the disease. Most of these consequences are reversible if the patient is not self-medicating and discusses how to treat arthritis initially with a doctor.
The main causes of the disease
The source of the development of the disease can be one (or several) of the factors:
- Genetic predisposition. Not the disease itself is inherited, but a violation in the functioning of the immune system. An abnormal response to infections can cause arthritis.
- Stress of a psycho-emotional nature and physical activity. Often, childbirth, abortion lead to an ailment. Social or family distress can lead to illness. Provoke the appearance of arthritis and radiation, chemical, toxic effects on the body.
- Infections To date, several agents have been identified that can become an impetus for the development of an ailment. Some of them: herpes viruses, rubella, Epstein-Barr, cytomegalovirus, retroviruses, mycoplasma. But not one can be the only cause of the disease. This is a kind of trigger mechanism that connects other factors.
For the first time faced with a formidable disease, patients experience confusion. How to treat finger arthritis? (As previously noted, these are often the first joints that are affected by the disease.) The main thing is not to panic.
Arthritis treatment will only succeed if it is started on time. Therefore, those who do not want to become disabled must visit a rheumatologist. In the meantime, we’ll look at how to treat finger arthritis.
Modern doctors are able to offer many effective ways to combat the disease. These measures can relieve problems in the joints for a long period. A medical professional will not only select the necessary therapy, but will also explain in detail how to treat arthritis and arthrosis. Methods of combating an ailment consist of the following steps:
- Diagnostics. The type of arthritis is determined, the main causes of its occurrence.
- Prescribing antibacterial drugs.
- The use of non-stero >- “Diclofenac” – gel;
– capsules “Celebrex”;
– pills and ointment “Nise”;
– injections or tablets “Movalis”.
- Cartilage tissue repair. This is a very lengthy process. Therefore, you should be patient. Chondroprotectors Teraflex and Arthron Chondrex are used as reducing agents.
- Physiotherapy. The following procedures will speed up recovery with subsequent consolidation of results:
– mud therapy;
– warming up;
- Physiotherapy. Classes in the pool or a special set of exercises are recommended. This method is valid in the remission phase.
- Diet. To stop the further progression of the disease, you should enrich your diet with antioxidants and vitamin E.
- Surgical intervention. An extreme measure that is used only with ineffective drug treatment. During surgery, the affected joint is replaced by a prosthesis.
It should be noted that all methods of combating an ailment are purely individual. Treatment that is suitable for one patient will not always benefit another. Therefore, do not self-medicate. All methods and questions about how to treat arthritis of the joints should be discussed with your doctor.
These measures cannot act as an independent treatment. However, their use can favorably affect the course of the disease. But do not forget, before treating arthritis with folk remedies, be sure to listen to the advice of a doctor.
Such medicine can really help the patient. Especially if, along with the use of folk remedies, lead a correct lifestyle, engage in special gymnastics.
For people seeking to find the answer to the question of how to treat rheumatoid arthritis, traditional medicine recommends the above-mentioned herb. It is used as a tincture for oral administration, and as an ointment. The results from the application are quite effective.
- Cinquefoil tincture. The root of the plant should be cut lengthwise. Chop thoroughly. The resulting pieces should have a size of about 1 cm. Approximately 200 g of the prepared root must be poured with vodka (1 l). Use glass containers. Three weeks the composition should be infused. Then the solution should be filtered. Root out carefully. It is recommended to take the drug before meals, about half an hour. Single dose – 1 tbsp. l After drinking the tincture for 4-6 weeks, you must definitely take a break lasting a month. It is recommended to keep the solution tightly closed in a dark place. Temperature – room.
- Ointment from tincture of sabretnik. Production takes place in a water bath. Take goose (pork) fat and combine with tincture of saber (10: 1). The resulting ointment should be rubbed into the damaged joints overnight. Be sure to remember to wrap the sore spots with warm towels.
How to treat arthritis? Only complex methods. Traditional medicine advises the use of antitumor and immunomodulating agents to combat rheumatoid arthritis. An excellent drug is the infusion of needles. It aims to strengthen the immune system.
Grind needles of needles. The resulting ingredient, in the amount of 0,5 cups, pour boiling water. The latter will need 1 liter. About 15-20 minutes the mixture should be infused. Add to it 1 liter of cooled boiled water. Strain the infusion. Next, send it to the refrigerator for 5-6 hours. Carefully, without stirring the settled sediment, drain the infusion. The dose of this drug is 0,5 cups. Drink the indicated amount of infusion 5-6 times throughout the day. If desired, you can add honey, sugar, lemon juice to the product.
There are many different methods for solving this problem. A sufficiently effective way to answer the question of how to treat hand arthritis is a therapeutic ointment. To make it, you will need 1 egg yolk, turpentine – 1 tsp. – and the same amount of vinegar (apple). Thoroughly mixing the ingredients, you will get the necessary ointment. This tool should be rubbed into damaged joints.
A fairly effective way to treat arthritis.
Grind one medium onion on a small grater. The resulting gruel is an amazing panacea. For about half an hour, apply the resulting composition to damaged joints. Repeating the procedure is recommended several times a day.
In search of an answer to the question of how to treat arthritis, most people carefully study folk remedies. Doctors do not exclude the use of such drugs as adjuvant therapy. The main thing to remember is that the use of each method should be decided with the doctor.
A quite effective way is a warming bath. For her, stock up with sandalwood, calendula or hypericum essential oil. They can easily be purchased at the pharmacy. Add a few drops of essential oil to warm water. Immerse hands damaged by arthritis in the liquid for 15-20 minutes.
After taking one raw potato, chop it thoroughly. You can use a fine grater. Pour the resulting slurry with a glass of kefir. This drug should be used in a certain way.
So, the first decade (10 days) drink the infusion daily. In the second – the medicine is used every other day. During the third decade, drink the drink after 2 days.
Thus, the course is stretched for 2 months. Potato infusion allows you to get rid of pain for a fairly long time. But, unfortunately, the symptoms may return. Therefore, it is recommended that after a while, a second course be taken for prevention.
Another great way to show how to treat knee arthritis is through the use of warming dressings. With this method you need to be very careful. Apply a compress to a damaged knee only for 2 hours. Otherwise, a severe burn is guaranteed to you.
To make a compress, you need a handful of buttercup flowers. Pound them to form juice. Put this slurry on the damaged joint. Wrap the compress with polyethylene. Carefully fasten with a bandage. After 1-2 hours (the time varies depending on the severity of the disease), the compress should be removed.
After this remedy, a small burn will remain on the skin. The next day the place will be covered with blisters. Do not puncture them. Wrap with clean gauze as they will get wet. The healers promise that the blisters are completely painless, so do not be afraid of them. But with their disappearance from the skin, arthritis will completely disappear.
If the blisters did not appear the next day, then, unfortunately, the procedure must be repeated again.
Without fail, discuss all issues of how to treat arthritis with your doctor. This will avoid unpleasant complications and consequences. After all, only a doctor is able to correctly diagnose an ailment, eliminate individual intolerance, and take into account the interaction of various means. Therefore, remember, the use of any prescription without consulting a doctor is a huge risk of acquiring a “bouquet” of complications.
What is arthritis and how to treat it.
Currently, a disease such as arthritis has been heard by everyone. Most of the world’s population sooner or later faces this pathology. So let’s look at what arthritis is and why so many people suffer from it.
Arthritis is an inflammatory disease of the joints, manifested by pain and leading to the destruction of articular cartilage.
The spread of the disease is widespread, middle-aged people are more likely to suffer.
Manifestations of arthritis h2 1,0,0,0,0 ->
- The most likely cause is a genetic predisposition.
- The second reason is a malfunction in the body’s immune system, when its own cells can be accepted as foreign due to disturbances caused by various agents (bacteria, viruses). Since the cells are foreign, the brain sends a command to the immune system to produce special cells to kill the agents. Thus, complexes are formed consisting of cells of the immune system and supposedly “foreign” ones. These complexes have a damaging effect on articular cartilage and destroy it.
- The third cause is complications after infectious diseases. Many infectious diseases with severe course and improper treatment can cause complications to other organs, including joints.
- The fourth reason is emotional stress, which can affect the development of arthritis, as a trigger factor. Not only stress can be the cause of this disease, but also a slight, for a long time, regular, depressed mood, for example, humiliation from the bosses at work, leads to predisposing development factors. Since prolonged suppression of the mental sphere causes stress to the body.
- The fifth reason for the development of arthritis is prolonged physical activity. This proves the frequent prevalence of arthritis among athletes.
- The sixth reason is a metabolic disorder, in which there is a change in balance, leading to a violation of the nutrition of the cartilage.
- damage to only one joint
- multiple joint disease
- acute (occurs acutely and is manifested by sudden sharp pain)
- chronic (develops slowly, pain worries for a long time)
Due to origin:
- rheumatoid arthritis (a disease of an infectious and allergic nature, most often affecting the joints of the hands and feet, is manifested by pain and joint immobility)
- juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (a disease that affects mainly children, chronic course)
- gouty arthritis (a disease in which not only joints but also the heart are affected)
- arthrosis (age-related changes in the joints of a non-inflammatory nature, leading to their destruction; more commonly observed in old age)
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Joint pain worse at night
- Morning stiffness (observed more often in the hands, characterized by stiffness and the need to “stretch” hands before doing something)
- Inflammation and swelling in the joints on both s >Symptoms and treatment of arthritis h2 4,0,0,0,0 ->
Degrees of development
On the presence of complications and the prognosis of further treatment, the degree of development of the pathological process is of great importance. In total, 4 degrees are distinguished.
- The first degree is characterized by the onset of the infectious process. It is weakly expressed. Non-specific processes occur in the joints, which can be manifested by slight soreness after physical exertion, more often in the knee joints, more in the article arthritis of the knee joint. Stiffness in the mornings of the hands very often in the early stages disturbs the patient, while some efforts must be made to make it pass. If the feet are affected, then a person has unpleasant sensations during flexion and extension. At this stage, some thinning of the bones can be detected on the radiograph. If treatment is started at this stage, the prognosis is favorable.
- The second degree – the processes are growing. Erosion appears. With sudden movements, a crunch is heard that some people take as the norm. In addition to this, pain is increasing. Swelling and swelling of the joints is added. Pain can be permanent and worse at night.
- Third degree. It is the reason for making a decision on disability. It is characterized by a clear defined deformation, stiffness, loss of mobility and constant pain. On radiographs, severe deformation and thinning of the bone are determined.
- The fourth degree, which is the last, is a gross deformation of the joints with immobilization and irreversible changes in the joints. A person is not able to serve himself. The pain is constant. A suffering patient constantly takes pain medication.
Arthritis and arthrosis
The concepts of arthritis and arthrosis are sometimes taken for the same thing, but this is not so. These two concepts are significantly different. Arthritis and arthrosis, what is the difference, if you remember the Latin language, then the end (-it) in the word “arthritis” means inflammation. And the end (-oz) in the word arthrosis means destruction. The differences between these concepts are as follows:
- Arthritis is more common under the age of 50 years, arthrosis is older than 50.
- Arthritis is observed mostly in women, arthrosis – in men.
- In arthritis, the pathological process occurs in the synovial sac, arthrosis in the cartilage tissue.
- The treatment of arthritis is mainly medication. Since arthrosis is a destructive disease, drug treatment is ineffective, so the main treatment is surgical (complete replacement of the joint with prostheses).
- With arthritis, the pain is acute. As for arthrosis, the pain is dull, aching.
- With arthritis, redness of the pathological site occurs. With arthrosis, this is not observed.
- Arthritis is accompanied by fever, with arthrosis this is not.
The basis for the diagnosis of this pathology is an X-ray examination of the joints (in direct and lateral projection), microbiological and cytological examination, analysis of the symptoms of the disease.
The treatment is based on a comprehensive and earliest period for treatment initiation. You should not use folk remedies as the main method, first of all, this is an auxiliary method, the effect of which is not confirmed. Many older people ignore the advice of doctors and are treated at home. This is extremely wrong, since it only increases the time for the development and progression of the disease.
If the basis of this pathology is an infectious agent (bacteria), treatment is carried out with antibiotics. Read the treatment for gout at home.
They relieve the agent that causes the disease. Their use should be of sufficient dosage and frequency of administration.
To protect the joints, cartilage from the destruction of the agent, their protective preparations are necessary. These include drugs that protect the bone and joint system. Their long-term use will not only suspend an already developing process, but also protect healthy tissues from exposure.
Additional methods: physiotherapy exercises, swimming pool, massage.
It is important to follow a balanced diet, eliminate fatty foods, take multivitamin complexes.
If the above principles do not give results, surgical treatment is used.
- The more body weight – the higher the load on the joints. The prevention of this disease should primarily include a decrease in body weight.
- Proper balanced nutrition has never shown negative effects on the body.
An increase in calcium-containing foods in the diet helps strengthen bone and ligamentous apparatus. Neglecting vitamins is also not worth it. Now on the pharmaceutical market there are a sufficient number of drugs that include complex vitamins for pathologies of various systems. Taking them daily, you can warn yourself against this disease.
- Protect your body from hypothermia. Always dress for the weather.
- Monitor your body for the presence of bacterial and viral infections, or conduct timely treatment.
- As you know, stresses in our lives are the first provoking factors of many diseases. Therefore, avoiding stress, we protect our body from all kinds of development of diseases.
What is joint arthritis: symptoms, diagnosis and treatment methods
Arthritis is one of the diseases of the century. It affects the joints of a person and his internal organs.
The disease appears in young and old, accompanied by a general unpleasant condition.
Arthritis Affects All Ages
The appearance of the disease is not associated with low mobility, these are internal malfunctions of the body, as a result of which infection penetrates into the bone tissue. How to diagnose joint arthritis, and is it necessary to treat the disease?
Arthritis – what is it?
This is a disease of the body in which the joints become inflamed.
They swell (increase in size), are unable to bend and straighten, hurt.
Arthritis Joint Inflammation
The causes of arthritis are different – infection, hypothermia, immune failure, neurology or stress.
Also, the emergence of arthritis is facilitated by malnutrition, metabolic disorders, injuries (often in athletes or people whose profession is associated with constant overload and trauma to joint joints).
Inflammation of the articular bags is clearly visible to the naked eye. Other manifestations of the disease are not always visible (inflammation of the internal organs in the initial stage occurs without symptoms).
Joint Bag Inflammation
The main prevention of painful inflammation is maintaining immunity, good nutrition, rejection of hormonal contraception, a healthy lifestyle. And the main treatment is anti-inflammatory drugs, antimicrobials and anesthetics (painkillers, ointments, powders).
Types of joint inflammation
The classification of arthritis types is based on differences in their course, localization of inflammation, and the number of affected joints:
- Monoarthritis – inflammation of one joint;
- Oligoarthritis – 2 or more joints are inflamed, but not more than 4;
- Polyarthritis is a lesion of several joints.
With the widespread spread of infection, arthritis of the hands or feet may or may not be symmetrical.
If the symmetrical spread of the disease affects the same joints on opposite limbs (two ankles, or joints of the fingers, or arthritis of the knee joints), then such a disease is often rheumatoid arthritis. At the heart of the immune process.
You will learn more about rheumatoid arthritis from the video:
If the joints are affected asymmetrically, then it may be reactive arthritis. With it, inflammations in various articular joints are possible, for example – arthritis of the ankle joint of the right leg and the hip of the left.
The reason is the incorrect reaction of antibodies to joint cells.
For concomitant diseases, psoriatic inflammation is distinguished, which occurs against the background of psoriasis. It is always asymmetrical, often affects the fingers, destroys the nail plate.
Almost always, inflammation is acute. But sometimes it can turn into a sluggish chronic form with periodic exacerbations.
Such a chronic course of the disease is fraught with complication – irreversible destruction of the joints.
Especially often this applies to arthritis of the legs, which experience maximum motor load.
Diseases are also classified according to the time of manifestation and the age of the patient.
In the age classification, joint inflammation in children is called juvenile arthritis. Arthritis in children is a consequence of a previous infection, it often occurs against a background of allergies or trauma. It is also formed against the background of hormonal changes (due to a decrease in immunity). Therefore, it is considered a teenage disease.
Symptoms of the disease
We list the symptoms of arthritis:
- Pain.With arthritis, severe causeless pain forms. They do not subside at rest and often intensify at night. The pain can also “wander” over the body, manifest in different limbs, ankle, knees, hips, shoulders, fingers, spine;
- Deformation: Apparent deformation of the joint occurs due to severe swelling. Articular tissues themselves do not change their size (cartilage is not worn, not depleted, not destroyed). Also, the joint turns red and becomes hot (to the touch);
- Crunch. A strong dry crunch appears due to the destruction of the cartilage layer and friction of the bones inside the joint.
Since arthritis is a disease of the whole organism, in addition to articular changes, symptoms of a general disease are observed:
- with certain types of arthritis, there may be discharge from the eyes and genitals;
Acute inflammation often affects large joints. So inflammation of the knee or hip joint is formed more often than arthritis of the fingers or ankle.
p, blockquote 19,0,0,1,0 ->
Methods of diagnosis
Modern diagnostic methods make it possible to determine the presence of articular changes in the early stages.
Diagnosis of arthritis uses the following methods:
- Visual inspection – the presence of edema, redness;
- Blood test – determines the number of leukocytes and ROE, which indicates inflammation;
- Blood test for rheumato >
Arthroscopy allows you to accurately diagnose
Read more about hardware diagnostic methods in this article.
Treatment: general principles
When diagnosing any arthritis, the doctor prescribes a comprehensive treatment:
- Pharmacy anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of arthritis (non-steroidal and hormonal). Nonsteroidal drugs – reduce the temperature and treat inflammation (aspirin, diclofenac);
- Hormonal drugs or glucocorticoids – prescribed for severe general inflammation and allergies. They should be used only in case of urgent need. If glucocorticoids can be dispensed with, they try not to prescribe them (especially if they treat teenagers and children);
- Anesthetics – used for severe pain, to reduce pain in arthritis;
- Digestion Enzymes – Improve the absorption of food and nutrition of depleted tissues.
The doctor’s recommendations for the treatment of arthritis can be found in the video:
It is important to know: untreated joint inflammation can cause the development of arthrosis, which is often an age-related disease and is formed due to wear of the cartilage of the joint.
Arthritis is an acute inflammatory disease. It requires immediate treatment. Otherwise, it becomes chronic.
The neglected forms of the disease are the causes of arthrosis, which causes dystrophic (destructive) changes in the joints. Which deprives a person of joy and adds pain.
It is necessary to treat acute and chronic inflammation. It is important to choose the right remedies for treatment so that as little as possible harm other organs of the human body.