In today’s world, a very large number of people suffer from joint diseases. The main objective of the project “ExpertNews”- to help people prone to pathologies of the joints and organs of the musculoskeletal system. The site administration has tried to contain only complete, versatile data.
Site expertnews.info does not carry a call to action, however, it shows the possibilities of treating various diseases.
To solve any problem, you need to consult with professionals.
Rights, both to images and photographs, and to a separate text content component belong to copyright holders. If you find similar material, please contact, on the page contact form.
We tried to structure the material well, to consider problems from different points of view. All this was done so that our visitors could find answers to all questions of interest to them on the topic of joints.
However, we strongly advise you not to self-medicate – it is better to always consult a doctor, because situations are very different.
Our team – professionals, experienced doctors with extensive experience. They are the ones who write the articles for our project. Therefore, you can always be sure of the quality and reliability of our information.
We always try to provide you with as much information as possible on a question of interest in the most simple and understandable format.
Meet our team
Shishkevich Vladimir, orthopedic and traumatologist, project editor-in-chief ExpertNews. It specializes in the treatment of diseases in orthopedic, traumatological, vertebrological profiles. Diagnoses diseases of the musculoskeletal system, conducts treatment, monitors the healing process, recovery from injuries and operations, the application of immobilizing dressings, closed correction of dislocations and fractures. All published articles by this author are available in this section of the site.
Georgy Morozov, rheumatologist. For more than 20 years, he has been involved in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of joint diseases. He writes articles for the site and advises readers. All author publications are located in this section site.
Anatoly Kudravets, Orthopedic Traumatologist. He works with severe cases, practices operative methods of treating connective tissues. Also writes articles for the site and gives advice to readers that you can read right now.
The prevalence of diseases of the musculoskeletal system is the second largest in the world after pathologies of the heart and blood vessels. Every third inhabitant of the Earth suffers from diseases of the joints, spine, ligaments, muscles or bones.
However, any ailment can be resisted if you arm yourself with information. Portal ExpertNews tells how to regain the joy of free movement and live a physically active life at any age.
The site materials have been prepared for you by medical practitioners. Each author has a large baggage of academic knowledge, as well as the experience of successful treatment and prevention of diseases of the musculoskeletal system in adults and children. Their recommendations are based on scientific research and proven methods of traditional medicine.
Articles are addressed to readers without a medical education and are written in a language that is easy to understand. If you have any questions, ask them in the comments.
For convenience, the articles are organized into thematic sections. Each of them contains information about the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of a group of diseases, as well as about the medicines that are prescribed for them.
Joint inflammation – arthritis, is considered to be a disease of the elderly. However, youth is not a guarantee that an insidious disease will not one day burst into your life. According to WHO statistics, every third person suffering from this pathology is under 65 years old. Arthritis in one form or another affects people of all ages, even infants. But they proceed in different ways, and making an accurate diagnosis is not so simple.
From this section you will learn:
- Which doctor should be consulted for suspected arthritis.
- Why and how joint inflammation affects the heart.
- How to get rid of debilitating pain in chronic arthritis.
- Who is more at risk of loss of joint mobility due to arthritis.
- What are the consequences of reactive arthritis in children?
“If the doctor diagnosed arthrosis, then write is gone,” – for some reason, many who have encountered this disease still think. Although arthrosis, a chronic joint pathology associated with damage to the cartilage lining, is no longer a sentence. Gymnastics and correctly selected medicines successfully return mobility to diseased joints if the disease has not gone too far.
In this section you will find answers to questions:
- Why do some people develop arthrosis, while others do not.
- Is it possible to cure arthrosis with folk remedies.
- What diagnostic methods most accurately determine the stage and form of joint damage.
- Who is given a disability group for arthrosis.
- What are the most effective ways to treat arthrosis?
Bursitis – inflammation of the periarticular sac, unlike arthrosis and arthritis, often attacks the young and active. It can be both an independent pathology and a manifestation of systemic diseases that affect organs and tissues of the whole body. Often this ailment is masked by other diseases of the musculoskeletal system – arthritis, myositis, tendonitis. To bring the “sly man” to clean water, you need the advice of an experienced rheumatologist or orthopedist.
The bursitis section contains the following information:
- How to effectively relieve pain in case of damage to the bag of the elbow, shoulder, knee, ankle joints.
- What can cause a long-running bursitis if it is not treated.
- What methods of treatment of bursitis give the fastest result.
- What is more dangerous in terms of consequences – chronic arthritis or bursitis?
- How to avoid the development of bursitis in sports.
Dislocations of the joints arise as a result of injuries – perhaps everyone knows about this. However, they are not only acquired, but also congenital. And also – chronic, more precisely, habitual, which happen from careless movements or light exposure to the affected joint. The usual dislocation is the result of the weakness of the articular ligaments inherited by some people.
This section tells:
- About the symptoms of dislocation of the joint and the rules of first aid to the victim.
- About how the dislocation differs from the subluxation.
- How to strengthen joints and ligaments with the usual dislocation of the ankle.
- How to recognize a congenital dislocation in a child.
- What are the consequences of untreated congenital dislocation of the hip joints.
The knees are the largest and most complex joints of the human body. And some of the most prone to injuries and pathologies. They carry the load almost all the time while a person is awake, even when sitting and standing. Therefore, it is not surprising that with age, diseases of the knee joints make themselves felt among the first. However, if you take care of the health of your knees from a young age, there is a chance to never know how they hurt.
The knee health section will help you find out:
- A sign of what diseases is a crunch when bending the legs.
- How damage to the meniscus of the knee manifests itself.
- What does the pain when bending and flexing the knee speaks of.
- How to treat a Baker cyst.
- On the most effective first aid for severe pain in the knees.
The seemingly innocuous diagnosis of “osteoporosis” is actually very insidious. In old age, this ailment poses a serious danger to life along with heart attacks and strokes. Osteoporosis – a pathological decrease in bone density, threatens with fractures from minor injuries, which for months and years, or even for life, confine a person to bed. His main cunning is an imperceptible asymptomatic development.
From the section on osteoporosis you will learn:
- Are there effective methods of strengthening the affected bone tissue.
- Why osteoporosis should be treated before it makes itself felt.
- How to avoid fractures if osteoporosis has already developed.
- How to eat with this ailment.
- What habits increase the risk of osteoporosis complications.
Osteochondrosis of the spine is a scourge of our time. Today, this diagnosis is received by almost everyone who goes to the doctor with complaints of pain in the back and neck, if it was not possible to identify other pathologies. However, a number of experts consider osteochondrosis an imaginary disease, under the mask of which a variety of ailments are hidden – from diseases of the digestive system to neurosis. Therefore, approaches to its treatment are also very different.
In this section you will find information:
- On an effective set of exercises to relieve pain in the neck and back.
- On the relationship of osteochondrosis and jumps in blood pressure.
- On the prevention and treatment of osteochondrosis in pregnant women.
- On the techniques of massage and self-massage to relieve muscle cramps in the spine.
- On medicinal and non-traditional methods of treatment of osteochondrosis.
The “royal” gout disease is by no means a cause for joy. This disease is associated with the deposition of sharp crystals of uric acid salts in the joints, which cause extremely intense bouts of pain, accompanied by symptoms of inflammation. In addition, the affected joints are overgrown with nodules – gouty tofuses, which leads to deformation of the affected area of the body. And this site is most often the feet and hands.
The gout heading says:
- About the differences of gouty arthritis from its other forms.
- About what means quickly relieve attacks of gout.
- About methods of excretion of uric acid salts from the body.
- On the prevention and treatment of gout diet.
- On the prospects for a full recovery at different stages of gout.
Medicines that are used in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system must be known to each patient. This section is a memo that contains information about the types and groups of medicines; about dosages, courses and rules of administration; about combinations of drugs among themselves; about in which cases a particular drug is prescribed. And remember, this is not a self-healing guide! Everything that you take inside should be prescribed by a doctor!
- About the latest achievements in the field of drug therapy for diseases of the joints, ligaments, muscles and bones.
- About affordable and effective analogues of expensive drugs.
- About what chondroprotectors are and how effective they are.
- About contraindications and side effects when taking medication.
- About the means for relieving pain attacks, which can be used without appointment.
Questions about joint treatment
The section “Questions about joint treatment” contains articles on topics that are not included in other sections of the site. Here you can find information about rare pathologies of the spine, muscles and bones; about unconventional, but worthwhile treatment methods; on the diagnosis and complications of diseases of the musculoskeletal system; about rehabilitation of chronic patients, getting a disability group and much more.
You can also read here:
- About emergency conditions for diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system, as well as the rules for first aid for them.
- The effect of bad habits and nutrition on joint health.
- About how the skeleton and muscles of a child are formed and developed.
- On the effect of diseases of other organs and systems on the musculoskeletal system.
- On the principles of a healthy lifestyle and the secrets of maintaining physical activity until old age.
Forget the pain. Breathe deeply. And may your muscles be strong, your bones strong and your joints young!